It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama call Americans slugs? CBS wont release tapes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I will say it to. There are some people in this country that are slugs... Leeches even! There are people out there who are too lazy to take care of themselves and only choose to leech off the system.

Now that is not to say that all people who get aid from the government are leeches. In fact, most of those people are hard working and are only doing so because they have to and will stop as soon as they can. Those are great people.

My uncle was a leech. Never worked a day in his life. Some how managed to trick the system into giving him disability even though he had no disability.

Yep, some people in this country are slugs and leeches.

Now that said, I do agree with you when you say that we need to get rid of all the politicians and replace them. I say we also put term limits on every single political seat. Keep fresh people and ideas coming in. Our countries economy is struggling. Let's see just how much our politicians love this country. Let's see if they are willing to take a page from Lee Iacocca's book and cut their own paycheck to next to nothing, and put that money into the system. No more picking on the poor.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Actually, I don't know what he said or who he was referring to.

I haven't heard it.

edit on 023030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hate to break it to y'all but a good chunk of my fellow americanikins are slugs.

Not only in nature, but sometimes in appearance as well...

You'd think those in charge would be even more disgusted with the masses.

I'm disgusted.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Hate to break it to y'all but a good chunk of my fellow americanikins are slugs.

I'm disgusted.

Well, all I can go by is my sixty-one year old husband that still goes to work everyday as a carpenter and out works some of the younger guys, just so we can survive, and my two daughters who work as waitresses, until they can barely walk,
and my son who works in a scrap metal yard, and my father, and grandfather who were hard working blacksmiths, and then I think of all my friends who are exhausted from working themselves to death,

Not a slug among them.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by maybereal11

And that being the case, CBS won't release the audio why?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Please direct me to the link where CBS has "Refused" to release the full audio...

And also to the link which explains that there is more audio rather than a simple recounting, because even the OP article feels obligated to insert "If" in this hit piece.

If His Presidency of the United States referred to a group of Americans as “slugs” and it was recorded, that is news and we deserve to hear it.

While you are it explain why, if the general press microphone remained on...why did not everyone in the media pool have a recording?

Why? When the POTUS went into the private meeting...the audio was not linked for general recording, but a quick CBS journalist held a recorder up to the audio output ....mid comments...thus he is able to both recount what was said when the recorder wasn't running as well as provide what the recorder was able to capture.

If the full audio was recorded by default then everyone in the press pool would have it. This was done midway when a CBS journalist realized the audio was still running but it wasn't being recorded....so there is both recounted content before he turns on the recorder and recorded content after he turns it on.

To me all this seems obvious, but to a BS blog site posing as legitimate news any lack of blatant claity is an opportunity for BS and spin.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Actually, I don't know what he said or who he was referring to.

I haven't heard it.

edit on 023030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Really? Cuz the quote your OP is based on and the article you link to provides the whole quote?

Are you saying your OP article is untrustworthy? Just click through to it's source for the quote.

"What's striking when you enter into the federal government is how generally smart and dedicated people are." He did opine that some employees "are slugs and not trying to do their job. But that's true of any large institution."

But generally speaking, he said he would put up federal workers against any workers in the private sector.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by maybereal11
Please direct me to the link where CBS has "Refused" to release the full audio...

Link including statement by CBS White House correspondent Mark Knoller.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Lysergic

I'm disgusted.

Well, all I can go by is my sixty-one year old husband that still goes to work everyday as a carpenter and out works some of the younger guys, just so we can survive, and my two daughters who work as waitresses, until they can barely walk,
and my son who works in a scrap metal yard, and my father, and grandfather who were hard working blacksmiths, and then I think of all my friends who are exhausted from working themselves to death,

Not a slug among them.

I see you took that personally....

Perhaps they should increase their education and they won't have to work themselves to death.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

from the O.P. it says..

He did opine that some employees “are slugs” and not trying to do their job. But that’s true of any large institution.”

he is correct. i have witnessed it myself, been in the situation of working my fingers to the bone to keep up because others are 'taking their time', chatting, pretending to look busy. it can be all levels of the workforce to.

in my cause it was the supervisor, he was suppose to supervise but help out to, which turned into standing around and just making decisions 'if' any issues arised. i have seen other examples to. he is not calling americans slugs, he is calling SOME employee's. hes right and it is not limited to the U.S.A.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
CBS is definitely running scared at the moment because this administration has a history of threatening to "cut off" news agencies who ask tough questions and also a history of snubbing certain members of the press pool.

CBS cant' afford to lose access to the White House on the eve of the largest election campaign in US history. This administration has embraced the "White House Insider" mentality and CBS does not want to be on the outside looking in.

Obama's recent hardball interview with a Texas TV station has resulted in just such a threat.

On Twitter on Tuesday morning, White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer took the bait by responding to the interview, which had been bouncing around the beltway echo chamber for hours.

The White House often expects the toughest questions from reporters outside of Washington, not the easiest, Pfeiffer tweeted.

The problem: The reporter’s questions weren’t particularly difficult, but they were clearly not what Obama was expecting. The result was a viral video that depicted Obama as angry when faced with tough questioning. And it unveiled some of the degree to which the White House would like to control its message.

Pfeiffer was asked by Time reporter Michael Scherer, “So will WFAA's Brad Watson get another interview one day?”

Instead of quickly taking the high road, Pfeiffer suggested that Watson may truly be out in the cold after irritating the president. And he did it by revealing yet another trick of Washington communications: playing one news outlet against its rival.

www.politico.com...

This adminstration is hell bent on controlling the media once and for all. Net neutrality anyone? One step at a time. Controlled access,controlled audiences, controlled questions and scripted responses have become the norm.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Didn't Bush call some reporter a derogatory term and it was recorded?

If so, what's the difference? The Obama administration isn't the first to be hostile to the media. They won't be the last either.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Obama was not wrong in Identifying certain Slugs in the nations workforce. I think we all know that. However, Obama has clearly made great strides to embrace the very slugs that he has candidly chided. His honesty could hurt him in this case.

Many of these "slugs" just happen to be on the side of the union thug labor movement that has a VIP pass to the White House. Hey slug rhymes with thug....

Clearly Obama has a lot riding on these "slugs" who are still waiting for their "obama dollars" to arrive in the mail.

Ooops! Just another Obama misspeak I suppose. Time for CBS to man up and get back to the job of reporting just the facts. When the big three begin to tank, CBS will be the first to sink followed closely by NBC.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by jibeho

Didn't Bush call some reporter a derogatory term and it was recorded?

If so, what's the difference? The Obama administration isn't the first to be hostile to the media. They won't be the last either.

Probably and the main stream press was all over Bush for the majority of his term. Not so with this president. It's a different game with way too many cards on the table. The usual media outlets are now afraid of reprisal from the White House and in the court of public opinion because on of those cards on the table just happens to be the dreaded "obama's the only one in the photo with large ears" card. I think you get my drift. The press players are avoiding that card and its aftermath like the plague.

Obama handles his critics and criticism very poorly and his administration snubs and threatens and attacks those who openly criticize him. No surprise there. Let's not forget how Robert Gibbs treated the press from day one. Very few had the stones to push back and Gibbs continued on his tack until his last day on the job.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The contempt Hussein Obama has for the American people is easy to see, I don't need to hear it from his own mouth to know how he feels.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join