It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you kill your child and offer him up to God if he Told You.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

No because I'd know that wasn't god telling me to do it

link   

IF I was Muslim - without hesitation...

IF I was Christian - yes, but I'd feel guilty until I went to church and confessed...

IF I was Catholic - yes, but I'd cover it up just in case...

IF I was Me - I'd give him the finger, crack a beer and start a thread on it...

edit on 19-4-2011 by facelift because: content

link   
Any 'God' who asked that isn't worth worshiping, time for a different religion!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
We know although later God provided a ram, God commanded Abraham to sacrifice Isaac on a pyre to prove his obedience.

If God told you today to sacrifice your child, would you do it?

Abraham completely failed as a parent.

if god asked you to sacrifice the person who killed your child would you?

In a heartbeat.

link   
I would use what common sense I had left and educate myself on this.

I hear voices because I'm a genius degenerate with a cowboy hat and a stick of gum taped to my knads

Then I would hide my kids from my imaginary friends.

link   
reply to post by Solar.Absolution

God wants to know if we will sacrifice the OP of this thread. I told him we would indeed.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
People seem so disturbed by the prospect of god telling people to kill their children, but the fact of the matter is that it's not out of your gods character. All one has to do is read the old testament, which Christians won't acknowledge and will instantly dismiss and justify like they always do. Oh well, let the Christians and religious in general waste their lives being slaves to a figment of their collective imagination.
edit on 19-4-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"In a heartbeat."

I second that. And it would happen very slowly.

edit on 4/19/2011 by forall2see because: Chimps gone wild part 6

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by Lynda101

What about you ?? Wont you or will you ??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
All one has to do is read the old testament, which Christians won't acknowledge

Correction:
Christians DO acknowledge the Old Testament
however Jesus Christ taking on flesh and sacrificing
himself at Calvary changed a lot of things that were
listed in the Old Testament. But the history behind
God should not be hid just because salvation
changed Christianity.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
OMG,I shouldn't even be answering such a stupid question!!but here goes............................NO ABSOLUTEY NOT,and the god I was brought up on wouldn,t ask such a question,which was pointed out in a earlier post,he would never let you go through with it!!!
ok my silly 5 mins over!!

edit on 19-4-2011 by cut3ypie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
If God told you today to sacrifice your child, would you do it?

Lynda,
my best advice to you is:
If you are hearing voices in your head which
are telling you to sacrifice your children, then
I would suggest you seek professional counseling
immediately or maybe even a visit with the nearest
clergy member. If none are available, there are web sites
on the net which can help and also toll free phone
numbers which can assist you in this troubling time.
I urge you to reconsider your decision if you are
anticipating an attempt of such actions.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

All one has to do is read the old testament, which Christians won't acknowledge

Correction:
Christians DO acknowledge the Old Testament
however Jesus Christ taking on flesh and sacrificing
himself at Calvary changed a lot of things that were
listed in the Old Testament. But the history behind
God should not be hid just because salvation
changed Christianity.

I always wondered why, if god is god, then he is omnipresent(everywhere), omnipotent(all powerful), and omniscient(all knowing). That means he knows everything that is, has been, and will be.

If he knows everything that is going to happen, why did he need to update his religion from judaism to version 2.0(christianity)? Are you telling me a god that knows all, forgot some things and had to "patch" the software?

Also facelift, in your inflammatory post attempting to piss off all the major religions, if you did even the slightest research you would know that catholics are the only version of christianity that rely on confessions to a priest. Everyone else just prays directly to god.
edit on 19-4-2011 by itsatrap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If I thought God was telling me to kill a child I hope I'd still have enough sanity to seek immediate mental health assistance. Because I may be in the throes of a psychotic break, and not of a sane mind at the time.

I were absolutely sure I was sane, I might suspect a scenario like this to be the unwanted mythical 'flashback' haunting me from my younger days. I also may suspect I've been drugged, if I were able to rationalize.

Because of personal beliefs I may also suspect this was the work of evil minions attacking me. Then I would speak a phrase a few times before launching into deep prayer for protection, which as I type seems ridiculous to me too.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The kind of threads that just make ATS lose any credibility

Seriously, what kind of bulls# is that ?

IF god.....
I doubt the imaginary man called "god" gonna lose his time asking peoples around to kill their kids

Its like asking me if i would agree to kill my kids if Superman asked me to do it...

Seriously, OP, you dont have anythings better to do than asking stupid questions, you really have nothing better to do ?

Go talk with your imaginary friend please, and just leave ATS

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Lynda,
my best advice to you is:
If you are hearing voices in your head which
are telling you to sacrifice your children, then
I would suggest you seek professional counseling
immediately or maybe even a visit with the nearest
clergy member.

I wish i could go back in time and have a little word with the authors of your holy book.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

People seem so disturbed by the prospect of god telling people to kill their children, but the fact of the matter is that it's not out of your gods character. All one has to do is read the old testament, which Christians won't acknowledge and will instantly dismiss and justify like they always do. Oh well, let the Christians and religious in general waste their lives being slaves to a figment of their collective imagination.

Never heard of a Christian that does not recognize the Old Testament, but there are a lot of off-shoot houses of worship that tend to tailor things to their taste. But your claim is a new one to me, and I'm an old fart.

Keep in mind, as you choose to not participate in a specific belief system you are merely opting for another belief system. I understand it is not apples for oranges. I'm reminded of an ancient Bob Dylan song lyric "you gotta serve somebody". Your head space is going to go somewhere.

If you really feel people waste their lives being slaves to a figment of their collective imagination I hope you are doing something about it. I'm confident if you spotted smoke you would telephone for a fire truck, right? Me too. and that is just a thing, materials. Saving people from wasting their lives might be a good thing to do.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

When does a christian cherry-picking session result in the citing of the OT? Unless you're a Jesus Christian of course. it just doesn't happen, it seems more and more Christians disregard the teachings of the OT. The original commandments don't even get a mention oh and the pathological need to be worshiped on gods behalf goes unnoticed, as does his blatant cruelty and disregard for human life. Yes it's my opinion that Religion is a waste of life as i believe it hinders spiritual growth on a crippling level. Yes i think the world would be a better place without it, but saying that i also acknowledge the right of people to practice whatever the hell they want to so in short I can express my view without wanting to infringe upon the freewill of others in response to the smoke scenario you mentioned. I find there's a certain humor to it all, and we'll all find out in the end anyway.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My kneejerk reaction is 'if he's good, he'll control my childs afterlife, so I guess it's ok, though unpleasant'.

But, then I started questioning. If you give something life and the ability to hurt, does that give you the right to hurt it as much as you want? Is it ok for a scientist to torture and murder lab rats because he specifically bred them for himself? Is it ok for god?

I'd have to answer no. And to the original question, I'd be very on the fence. Should I even trust this god with my childs soul? Then again, he is the only one supposedly holding the key to either of our salvation.

All hypothetical, I don't believe in god.
edit on 19-4-2011 by xxsomexpersonxx because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

[Numbers 31:17]
Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

Praise the lord!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join