It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone need a good Job??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

gwydionblack, we have our differences of opinion in many instances but I agree with you on this one. Except for "cutting off the testicles" part. Yikes!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Anyone who sacrifices their dignity and self worth for a job at McDonalds is a wasted life in my opinion. If you had any of the afformentioned traits, your wouldn't subject yourself to being a slave to a corporation for a measly few bucks that you could get by teaching yourself a trade or selling old junk.

The fact is, as it was said before, McDonalds is a corporation and next to Walmart is one of the worst. Their food is poison and their motives are to make people fat, obedient, and obsessed with the processed beast.

I would rather cut of my own testicles then ever work at a McDonalds, but hey, that is only me. I guess some of us will sacrifice our well being to the corporate hog, so long as we make a few bucks off of it. After all, money REALLY matters right?

Brilliant post. I say money is unnecessary. It matters not one whit if We have abundant energy (since money was just a device to account for meaningful energy expended in an energy-scarce society). Today, We know We can extract energy from the plenum (opposite of vacuum - the root of plenum means "full," while the root of vacuum means "empty") - which affords effectively infinite energy, We have robotics which can be applied to all the necessary jobs no one (or not enough people) want to do, and We have the Interweb to coordinate problem-solving, and therefore, We can eliminate the need for money, cast all slavery off to the machines, and apply Our creativity to higher goals than merely making lots of money - mostly for someone else (making Us slaves).

It would free Each of Us to follow Our bliss as We are so inclined, and not in between hours We slave and only if We can afford it.

Again, I bring up the foundation of ideas, presented in the thread, The End of Entropy (in my sig), as well as The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform (in my sig), which is a structure We could follow. Read The End of Entropy first for a grasp of the foundational ideas.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is what the economy has gotten to - garbage fast food jobs.

or

The government spin - look at this, new jobs are being created...WOW - the economy is getting better.

Too bad the pay is crap, benefits are crap and your going to have to likely work 2 or more of these types of jobs to make a living. (and LOL at whoever suggested working your way to a higher paying position - how many of the 50k are going to be able to do this - a handful?)

Yes, McDonald's is a job, it will make you some money - but the sad thing about this is what North America has come down to. Service sector jobs - we have let all the manufacturing jobs leave due to greedy corporations wanting to make a profit on the backs of third world countries.
edit on 20-4-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I worked at McDonald's several years ago and it was a crap job. In fact it's one of the worst jobs I ever had. Now, if you can make management at the right store then you can make quite a tidy sum. There are McDonald's in my town that pay managers six figures, and management positions are almost always available somewhere. If you work hard and can make your way up the ladder at the right store then you can really make something of yourself. My cousin started as an associate manager at a drive-in making $9.50/hour. After just a few years he's worked his way up to being a part owner of six stores and now makes over 100k and the company gave him a brand new suv, not just to use as a company car. It was a gift for a job well done. My wife and I work for the same company, We are both associates and my wife will be getting her own store soon and she's been working there for only six months. Fast food places can be the worst of jobs or they can be the best. It is possible to make a very good life for yourself and your family by flipping burgers. It depends on your attitude, how hard your willing to work, and it doesn't hurt to know the right people either....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If you want a career, go to college and obtain a degree. If you want a job, go flip burgers. $100,000 isn't worth the dignity I;d lose saying "I'm a manager at McDonalds."

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The problem I am seeing is that America seems to be heading towards militarizing rather than advancing. IF the US were to cut half the military budget and invest the money in doctors, scientists, engineers, and tax breaks for the citizens you would truly be a great country.

What is happening around the world is a global money war. Some countries are trying to collapse USA mainly because they can't defeat them militarily. If the US economy collapses the war machine stops, you can't fund troops, research, or weapons. Give it a few months and if congress can't cut spending your credit rating will drop from a AAA.

Standard & Poor’s put the U.S. government on notice that it risks losing its AAA credit rating unless policy makers agree on a plan by 2013 to reduce budget deficits and the national debt.

Story

Soon there will only be fast food joints and military jobs.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I can't believe that there's people here defending MCDonlad's as being a decent job!
A job, in my view, pays rent, food, necessities, and you got a little bit left over
for entertainment (like cable TV). A Career is supposed to offer you the ability to live life
the way it is supposed to be lived, great salary, vacations, camping during weekends,
hanging out with friends, making every available time that you have worthwhile and fun.
Owning a house, supporting a family, and playing golf from time to time, that is a Career.
Now, the beef I have with McDonald's type jobs is that the salary is garbage.
you CANNOT pay rent with it, you CANNOT afford food with it, you CANNOT afford
necessities such as clothing, soap, shampoo, shaving razorblades or deodorant.
Forget owning a car, even if it's a pile of garbage, the only people who work McDees
are kids that go to school that live at their parent's place. Not paying rent enables
them to afford clothes, food and necessities, because rent is out of the equation,
if they don't pay rent that is...
eh, remember, in order to "work up the ladder" at places like mcdees you gotta look presentable,
smell good, know the right people, and of course sell your soul.
Hard to do when you can't even afford rent with the wage (and hours) they give you.
You're better off going to jail than working at McDonald's. At least in jail you're not eating
microwaved noodles and cheese, you're eating chicken and rice.

What we need is more manufacturing jobs, high school education should also be
more concentrated towards trades and specialties, so people can choose not to
deal with this kind of slavery.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
No thank you!

McDonalds a "good" job?

I'd rather work in a bar. At least I can make some decent tips to make up for a #ty pay.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I want to take a minute to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread for their responses...

They were almost exactly what I had predicted, taking into account the prevailing attitude compared to the attitudes of a generation ago..

Sad, but no surprises there at all..

And they wonder why our country is in the shape it is..

Thank you all again

Semper

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Fear not, you naysayers. There'll probably come a time when it isn't even an option. There's a really good article by Marshall Brain (the How Stuff Works guy) called Robotic Nation which speaks to this. It's a bit dated, 2003, I believe, but worth a read.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Soon there will only be fast food joints and military jobs.

Your comment reminds me of this. Thought I would post it as something I recomend for for some great laughs.
If you haven't seen it DO !

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I cant believe no-one has posted this.. Check out this hiring day, manager is scrapping in the parking lot then some low life gets pissed and legitmately runs over 3-6 people. Ive seen some sh!t on the internet but i blantly yelled # kinda of loud and in shock when i saw this particular run-over video. ITs not a youtube or google vid so wasnt sure how to embed heres the link!! I strongly urge u watch!!

Hiring day Craziness

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's all good, I'm over it.. thanks

Although I did work at Burger King for a while, the things we do to support our kids, it really isn't so bad when there is nothing else. At least it's honest work.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Invariance because: Speelcheck fail

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
To answer those that posted about it's a better job than swinging a hammer, mining, digging ditches, picking produce, to that I say simply this, doing those things and in The FLORIDA heat, I would absolutely do those jobs first before working for "MC STEAL MY SOUL" MAIN reason doing those jobs I'd probably get paid better money, I wouldn't have to deal with lazy coworkers, Don't have to deal with nasty customers who are sitting on the government dole and are NEVER satisfied no matter how much buttocks you kiss, and at the end of the day, I am almost 1000% POSITIVE I'd feel much more accomplished then at the end of a day at mcd's. Just MY opinion, but I think that I'd feel like a BIG FAT LOSER if I worked for mcdonalds... you could train a monkey to do that job, at least the others involve some level of skill, and I don't mind getting dirty when the work is more productive (no feeding fat welfare recipients to me is NOT productive, it's detrimental!). So there is my T&C appropriate posting.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smokeythabear

Agreed, it will keep change in your pocket till you have to pay bills.
But at that point all you have is change and no bills.
This is what they meant by hope and CHANGE.
I HOPE i can eat tonight.
HOPE and CHANGE!

McD's is a 16 year old kids job, not meant to raise or feed a family.
This hiring spree is free PR and a joke at best.
Don't work there and please for your own sake do not eat there, let's see how long till they sink?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by smokeythabear

Agreed, it will keep change in your pocket till you have to pay bills.
But at that point all you have is change and no bills.
This is what they meant by hope and CHANGE.
I HOPE i can eat tonight.
HOPE and CHANGE!

McD's is a 16 year old kids job, not meant to raise or feed a family.
This hiring spree is free PR and a joke at best.
Don't work there and please for your own sake do not eat there, let's see how long till they sink?

I don't know if I even want my 16 yr old working there after the video I just saw posted above in this thread page, "Hiring day Craziness". Besides that Wal-Mart and McD's are soul-sucking jobs. I worked at wal-mart, I quit because even though I don't believe in the Devil, I actually felt like working for them was selling my soul to the devil, I felt empty and very dissatisfied!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
We will keep on losing good paying jobs as long as big business pulls the puppet strings of those in government.

Stop allowing good paying jobs to move overseas - if a company does move production to another country - then let them sell those products in that country - do not allow them to come back here and undercut businesses that chose to keep their production in our country.

People need to realize you will not be able to have a healthy economy based on service sector jobs. This 50k hiring spree is just a load of baloney that the government will use in employment figures, and say the economy is getting better.

To the OP - show me some figures of people working at McD's who have made it to the management level. How many of those 50k will be able to work to a position that one would be able to support themselves and a family. You can only have so many people who are managers/owners - there will always be an overwhelming number of people who have to be in the crap pay category.
edit on 20-4-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Invariance
At least it's honest work.

That's my opinion. If there are manual labor jobs available and you're capable of that and would rather do that, then great. If not, there's no shame in an honest day's work elsewhere.

We're talking about the unemployed. No one is going to quit their programming job at IBM to be a line cook for McDonald's. But if you're out of work, and the available option is McDonald's, then I see no shame there.

Bully for everyone with options. Not everyone has that luxury. Some of the ones who do, do off someone else's sweat. That, to me, is shameful.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 4/20/2011 by yeahright because: Fix tags

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

People need to realize you will not be able to have a healthy economy based on service sector jobs.

Or a healthy population based on the consumption of Junk food.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Or a healthy population based on the consumption of Junk food.

There's no such thing as junk food. There are, however, junk diets.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join