It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone need a good Job??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Ok, ok.. isn't my post pretty self explanatory? Do I really need to put "I Think" before every thought that I type? I THINK these matters are all inferred when you're on a forum and in a discussion based on two seperate opinions. If there was some rule I should have known before conversing with you.. I apologize. All of my statments are made based on my observations. Did you not say that employees of corporations and businesses are essentially slaves?

Just because I disagree with your idea, I have an agenda?

Where have I ever used this "tactic" before? And for what purpose would this "tactic" serve me if I have no agenda?

Ever heard of the Devil's Advocate?

An idea is only worth its salt when held up to close scrutiny and criticism.

I dunno. Again. If you cannot take the heat.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Interesting topic actually.

Has anyone read Ray Kroc's book about his life's struggles and how he eventually founded McDonald's? It was actually a very very good read and it really opened my eyes to the struggles that many people go through in our society. It showed how he spent most of his life struggling with a crappy job (salesman) and really never getting anywhere, and then eventually he lucked out and became a success story (through hard work and unstoppable determination).

Amazon Link : "Grinding it out" - Ray Kroc

I can't say how much this book inspired me to take my own life seriously and take control of the direction I was going. I haven't gone after money or fame or anything like that, but I have gone after knowledge and understanding, which I personally believe I have become just as successful as Kroc was with his entrepreneurship.

I highly recommend this book for anyone interesting in checking out a good story with tons of excellent topics covered, from morality, ethics, economics, culture, business, industry, history etc. This book has it all.

Go read it now folks! You will not be disappointed..
edit on 19-4-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

Ok, ok.. isn't my post pretty self explanatory? Do I really need to put "I Think" before every thought that I type? I THINK these matters are all inferred when you're on a forum and in a discussion based on two seperate opinions. If there was some rule I should have known before conversing with you.. I apologize. All of my statments are made based on my observations. Did you not say that employees of corporations and businesses are essentially slaves?

No, I think you do have to put "I think" when you are stating things which are inflammatory or can be perceived as such, and which are your opinion. Otherwise it looks like an attack on me in an effort to derail the information.

Just because I disagree with your idea, I have an agenda?

There's more - the personal attacks are one consideration... The sometimes looking like you agree - only to come out swinging again. It's odd and suggests a high probability of an agenda. Just sayin'.

Well, you keep attacking ME.

Where? Except in response to being attacked, where?

Where have I ever used this "tactic" before? And for what purpose would this "tactic" serve me if I have no agenda?

I will look later - but I noticed the tendency to attack me and not the ideas several times before. Near bedtime...

Ever heard of the Devil's Advocate?

Indeed.

An idea is only worth its salt when held up to close scrutiny and criticism.

And if you hold up the ideas that way, I am thrilled. Attack me, make it all about my "fantasy" and not the issues with what I present and I lose patience quickly.

I dunno. Again. If you cannot take the heat.

Again, if the heat is applied appropriately to the ideas and not sideways at me...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I never said you were attacking me.. I don't know where you pulled that quote from, must have been some confustion. Secondly, I said I think you have a great idea, unfortunately it is only an idea and I see many obstacles in the way of the idea. I gave valid points, and some of the most valid you overlooked and then began pointing the finger and saying I was insulting you. Maybe I'm brash but I never insulted you personally, but I will attack the idea because I feel in the context of this thread and the demeanor in which you approached the thread was provocative of a debate of some sort. I'll never adhere/agree to something blindly. I will however throw every angle at it that I can, and see if it makes it out the other side.

You are making some accusations yourself. Accusations that I am making accusations.. Weird.

Anyways, I'll hold a candle up to anything anybody posts if I think it doesn't jive. Check my posting history, I'm pretty level .ed and I'm not one to attack anybody.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

I never said you were attacking me.. I don't know where you pulled that quote from, must have been some confustion. Secondly, I said I think you have a great idea, unfortunately it is only an idea and I see many obstacles in the way of the idea. I gave valid points, and some of the most valid you overlooked and then began pointing the finger and saying I was insulting you. Maybe I'm brash but I never insulted you personally, but I will attack the idea because I feel in the context of this thread and the demeanor in which you approached the thread was provocative of a debate of some sort. I'll never adhere/agree to something blindly. I will however throw every angle at it that I can, and see if it makes it out the other side.

You are making some accusations yourself. Accusations that I am making accusations.. Weird.

Well, I took that quote from your post. And then analyzed it. It seemed to be an attack on me. [shrug]

Anyways, I'll hold a candle up to anything anybody posts if I think it doesn't jive. Check my posting history, I'm pretty level .ed and I'm not one to attack anybody.

Fair enough. I tend to be level .ed until I think it is me that is being attacked and not the ideas.

Thanks for the discussion. I'm off to bed.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have a friend that works at Mc D's and the only negative thing he says is that they pull the same crap many business' are doing today, keeping your hours just beneath the qualifying time for benefits. This is just insulting to anyone that wants to grow or move up in the co. This does not apply to managers, but for the grunts, it could be more of a struggle.

peace,
spec
ETA: To the OP, yes, it does provide a chance and some kind of income though, so thanks for posting

edit on 19-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What do you know? Mc D's here in Small-Town-Canada isn't hiring... there goes my shot at working my way up to cashier..

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I actually forgot it was today, otherwise I would have applied at the two here in town. Atleast the hours are flexible for college students and I'll take whatever I'm payed. As long as I maintain some quality of life, I'm pleased. I don't need to be making big money to be happy.
Oh well, guess I can just turn in an app after finals week. I know theres going to be a huge turnover. A lot of people don't even work to keep their jobs anymore if they're "bottom of the barrel" in terms of pay and benefits.

Pizza jobs are the best though, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

You're not gonna jump out of a building or anything ? After all it's not like their the only Mc D's in the world.

You'll get em next time sugar.

Sweet revenge

I know theres going to be a huge turnover

Please stop it. You're fricken killin me over here !

edit on 19-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

We believe the best people in the world work right here. And we believe you could be one of them. You’ve got enthusiasm, responsibility and drive. We’ve got flexible schedules, benefits and jobs that can turn into satisfying careers. It’s a perfect match.
April 19 is National Hiring Day.

McDonald’s and its franchisees are looking to hire up to 50,000 new employees. Do you have what it takes? Apply at your local McDonald’s today, or through the Restaurant Opportunities link below.

Five pages of posts and only a few have gotten close to what this is all about. No one mentioned public relations. It's a PR campaign

See the first line of their statement? Psychological manipulation. The best people in the world? Oh please. Read that ad again. Sound familiar? Those qualifications have been used to sucker people into dead end jobs for decades.

As one poster mentioned much earlier in the thread, his hours will be cut to make room for the new hires which means that the work load will remain the same and all McDonalds will be out is a little money for training.

For this GRRRRREEEAAATTTT gesture on McDonalds part they get loads of free advertising and the image of a benevolent corporation stepping up to the plate in these times of strife. Might as well put the clown in a Uncle Sam costume and a little paper and toothpick American flag in every burger.

How many people do we suppose will walk into a McDonalds today looking for a job? 10,000, 100,000? And oh, how many of the folk going to Ronnie's burger joint today to fill out an application will NOT come away without buying lunch first. Add THAT one up.

But the offer of being one of the best people in the world is very enticing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I have a job and I am happy where I am.

Do not judge those that shy away from these jobs because they are below them - you do not know their situation.
They may have hundreds of thousands owing on loans for education they have recieved in a particular field that they can not get in to. Working at McDonalds may not even be enough to keep their . above water. They may have medical bills which mean they also need higher pay.
At the end of the day everyones situation is different and for some working at McDonalds could end up costing them more money than the job is worth through health effects both mental and physical, outstanding debts, repuatation & education.
If you were a top of the line lawyer for example, lost your job and are struggling to get back in the game, working at McDonalds where bosses and collegues may judge you could be the worst move you could make.
And I am sure we will see from this thread how quickly people judge others without knowing a thing about their situation, personality, past, current or future circumstances.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Im looking for one of those illuminati crook jobs making 3mil a week while i sleep...

what????....at least im being honest

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Why does everyone use "perfect world" and Utopia?" No. It's NOT either of those. It's just a hell of a lot better for billions and billions of Humans.

Because most people are simply stupid,
and they just repeat the same crap they've heard a million times before.
Most of these people (including many ATS'ers), are not even aware of their unawareness. lol

I feel you though, and do agree.

It's best to leave these "pete and re-petes" talking to themselves.
They get bored of themselves quickly and just shut up.

This is one of the biggest FAIL threads in the history of ATS.
I would honestly think it was a trolls thread if it wasnt posted by a MOD.

wtf?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I knw someone who works for them, think she said she was getting about 9 and hour, but I may be wrong, it's been a long time since I've talked to her....
been in the screenprinting business for around 8 years now, and well, ain't made it to 9 an hour yet!!
but I'm holding out for one of those robosigner jobs!! free house, free car, sit on your arse all day and sign a name to a bunch of papers, heck, you don't even have to know what your name is!!! you can sign any name, or just scribble.....no matter!!
what does mc donalds offer, a free meal???

and well, to be honest, my wage is crap, but my boss does better than most with the benefits, ya know, healthcare, as good as he can afford at least, occasional bonuses, vacation, sick days, personal day, ect.......
so, if you added all them in, I am making more.....

me and resturant work, any kind of resturant work, just doesn't go together well.....
won't do it....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
well amaratsu. you are an optimistic person and i give you credit for that. I hope all your dreams come true, because that would mean my life gets a whole lot easier.

But until then, i'll keep going with the grind. I have to work to survive.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle
well amaratsu. you are an optimistic person and i give you credit for that. I hope all your dreams come true, because that would mean my life gets a whole lot easier.

But until then, i'll keep going with the grind. I have to work to survive.

We all have to keep going, ds, but we also can spread the ideas. They WON'T work if no one is aware. What harm in spreading ideas, eh? And it may be that there is plenty good to come from them.

So if you would like others to consider these ideas (and pass them on, hopefully), please pass them on. [smile]

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Five pages of posts and only a few have gotten close to what this is all about. No one mentioned public relations. It's a PR campaign

See the first line of their statement? Psychological manipulation. The best people in the world? Oh please. Read that ad again. Sound familiar? Those qualifications have been used to sucker people into dead end jobs for decades.

As one poster mentioned much earlier in the thread, his hours will be cut to make room for the new hires which means that the work load will remain the same and all McDonalds will be out is a little money for training.

For this GRRRRREEEAAATTTT gesture on McDonalds part they get loads of free advertising and the image of a benevolent corporation stepping up to the plate in these times of strife. Might as well put the clown in a Uncle Sam costume and a little paper and toothpick American flag in every burger.

How many people do we suppose will walk into a McDonalds today looking for a job? 10,000, 100,000? And oh, how many of the folk going to Ronnie's burger joint today to fill out an application will NOT come away without buying lunch first. Add THAT one up.

But the offer of being one of the best people in the world is very enticing.

Very astute. Micky D's is not doing anything but PR.

Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I have a job (for now, at least!), so I am not interested, but I would like to thank you for this thread. I find it very kind and considerate to inform people that might be unemployed about current job offerings. Even if the job isn't that good, as other ATSers believe, maybe some people who are in need might benefit from it. So, thank you! It's so nice to know that people care

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Thank you for your kind words - though I don't think the thread's a fail...

The points made that this is just a PR thing - that all they're doing is adding jobs by cutting others' hours - has been brought up. That they're trying to look like they're doing something for Us when they're not really.

Not a fail at all, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Anyone who sacrifices their dignity and self worth for a job at McDonalds is a wasted life in my opinion. If you had any of the afformentioned traits, your wouldn't subject yourself to being a slave to a corporation for a measly few bucks that you could get by teaching yourself a trade or selling old junk.

The fact is, as it was said before, McDonalds is a corporation and next to Walmart is one of the worst. Their food is poison and their motives are to make people fat, obedient, and obsessed with the processed beast.

I would rather cut of my own testicles then ever work at a McDonalds, but hey, that is only me. I guess some of us will sacrifice our well being to the corporate hog, so long as we make a few bucks off of it. After all, money REALLY matters right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join