It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More koran burning... What's going to be the outcome??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

Better to just burn the fundamentalists who misinterpret and misuse it! And if the mainstream really helped then no one would do this sort of thing!
Be it B or K or any other religious doctrine they are all divisive and cause conflict as history shows.
The new religion should be to get people to think more outside the box, 3rd density and 4th dimensional!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Nice death threat... that is what we are talking about though, keep showing us what your all about...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have no problems with the burning. We tiptoe around trying not offend these Muslim extemiest who are bent on destroying America one way or another.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

And what is going on in England? Enlighten us please.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ok, so the other side ofthe coin is, if we will not tolerate burnings of korans, then bible burning and Jew / Christian bashing will not be tolerated either. Should we go that route?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
She is hot. I think she needs to come over to my place and have a few drinks and we can discuss bacon, and whatever else pops up.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

I don't see it as a bad reflection on America. Freedom HAS TO include freedom to hate.
it won't be America if we have to refrain from criticizing religions we really can't stand.
I don't see anyone yelling athiests have to quit hating on Christianity. Have you seen some of the videos that show athiests mocking Christianity or, like, everyone, mocking Scientology, or, like, who was criticizing the fundamentalist Mormon's way of life? Half the nation?

Or, oh, excuse me, is Islam somehow SPECIAL because they say they are? bah

I don't hate Islam in general. I'm not a huge fan of any monotheistic religion, but oh, there I go being American again, spouting my opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
just what Christ would do. go around like a raving mad man full of hate and start rounding up korans to burn.

this sort of stunt just belittles Christ's sacrifice, dishonors His memory and completely spits on His commandment to love your neighbour.

how are Christians going to be viewed by this. with contempt and hatred. the complete opposite of what Jesus wants us do.

if she really is a Christian, then by your actions you spread the faith.

if she were to go to the middle east, don't announce, hey i'm a Christian, and instead go help the people there in their daily lives with little things. it would go a long, long way for people to feel Christ than starting bonfires with the koran and change muslim opinions that americans use Christianity to war monger.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well, her motive may be the same as the pastors, which in my observation would be to expose the underlying truth of the koran.
same reaction you'd get when drawing muhammed.

the reaction is violence and death from a people.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

she is in a sense sacrificing herself for others.

she .. and the previous pastor are enlightening others ' before ' they jump into a religion who is full of hate.

muslims don't point out the ' bad ' things about their faith, and while so many are told only what they want to hear, they follow the deception.
where ' here ' they simply need to burn a koran and the hatred is exposed.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Attention seeker.

Second Line.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthorlies
Does she have the right to stand up for herself, or is she just causing future woes?

I am really just curious how burning any book is standing up for herself? I hate to see America embrace the burning of books for any reason. We all know why that has happened in the past. Book burning has never been a prelude to freedom or progress. Perhaps I just do not understand how this equates to standing up for yourself.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I think if these people paid for the books, they are free to burn them. If they stole them and burnt them, I would have a problem with it.

This kind of action only has power over you if you allow it to. For most people burning books is archaic, regardless of the book's content. So instead of getting angry and creating more divisions between people why not just treat these unusual book burning folk with mild disdain? They are enjoying the spot light a little too much.

If the MSM didn't latch on to these stories and run with them, fewer people would even have heard of it. They are the true propogators of religious intolerance, and division sbetween the common man, and they are making a shed load of money from it too!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Only shows the gross flaws of all religions especially the extremists, whatever side. Really, this woman is a terrorist by trying to start fights, scare people and incite hatred. She is no better than the disgustingly putrid Muslim terrorists she is attacking. Disgusting on all sides!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Divine smoke signals.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

What is your reaction to this type of behavior. Does she have the right to stand up for herself, or is she just causing future woes?

My reaction is utter disgust. How is this standing up for herself? What exactly has the Koran done to her?

She, like the other bigoted idiots, is just fomented hatred and misunderstanding. It will produce the exact results anyone would expect, fanatical slamming by Muslims, protests, and probably killings. Which will then be used to further demonize the Muslim community, open the rift between the western world and the middle east wider and wider, allowing more pre-emptive wars against those dirty arab terrorists.

And of course this is the goal and almost the entire reason for doing this. The other reason is clear, this woman is a racist, bigoted attention whore.

This is much like the jackass kids you went to highschool with that wore swastikas for the shock value.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

If the MSM didn't latch on to these stories and run with them, fewer people would even have heard of it. They are the true propogators of religious intolerance, and division sbetween the common man, and they are making a shed load of money from it too!

Wow I find myself disagreeing with you a lot until this, we're 100% on the same page, if people didn't pay attention it wouldn't be a problem. Remember the whole Mohammed south park fiasco? yes, all that over 1 website with 7 users, and the guy who actually made the threats? JEWISH. In fact the majority of Muslims simply don't care about this stuff as it's meaningless. Those aren't the Muslims we see on tv though, nope, that airtime is reserved exclusively for the extremists to remind us why we have to kill their children, and to wipe away and responsibility we might have for the root cause of all these issues.

edit on 19-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The way she is "standing up for herself" is by doing something that is taboo these days, even though it is protected by her freedom of speech. People burn bibles, but it's not taboo, so no one gives the same reaction.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
*sigh*
today korans
tommorrow witches...
ooooops sorry
yesterday witches....

fire ...fire
oh I remember !
HELL fire!
fire is the DEVILS friend...
christians..ha

Christ spoke aramaic...

edit on 19-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm of the belief that if you are comfortable and sure of your faith you shouldn't need to get into a # measuring contest with other religions. Methinks some people need to reevaluate their faith before going on a burning spree. But that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join