It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More koran burning... What's going to be the outcome??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Most have heard about the Florida pastor that burned the koran and has been accused of causing some turmoil in the middle east. Now, someone else has caught on. What will be the outcome of this woman? Will it cause problems for our troops? Will it inspire others to do the same? Is she wrong? Is she right?

What is your reaction to this type of behavior. Does she have the right to stand up for herself, or is she just causing future woes?

These are two videos she made in response to Lindsey Graham

edit on 18-4-2011 by truthorlies because: spelling error

edit on 18-4-2011 by truthorlies because: loading youtube

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
now i guess lets burn some TORA's and BIBLE's

seriously

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

I don't see how burning the Qur'an is standing up for yourself. I mean really though. It may be protected under the first amendment but it's not standing up for yourself.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

If you are a true Christian you don't treat anyone like this regardless of their belief.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

She is an out and out scumbag. This is ridiculous. Shes going through an ancient text and reading it like its the paper. She is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by reassor

Thats a good idea. Why not... It'l maybe show some people that not everyone is a crazy, anti-Muslim, bigot.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
These fascists who burn holy texts are not doing it to protest; they are doing it to cause more deaths. That way they can say, "See, those Muslims are just evil murderers!" When you know what the outcome will be (right or wrong) and you go ahead anyway, you are responsible for what happens.
edit on 18-4-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Violent riots, death threats etcetera. The usual.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Let's just burn all the books.

It's not like kids are reading them nowadays anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Lets Burn Some more books because its going to end well isnt it !!!
what does history tell us about this act...

"the destruction of the Library of Alexandria, the obliteration of the Library of Baghdad, the burning of books and burying of scholars under China's Qin Dynasty, the destruction of Mayan codices by Spanish conquistadors and priests"
heres a list of notable burnings in history, and they all made sense didnt they ??????? (insert sarcasm)
en.wikipedia.org...

the real question is why are people afraid of things they "dont" want to know about..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Your name is accurate..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Did she at least eat the bacon? If not what a waste of some good pork!
-2nd

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Anyone who does something like this nowadays does so with the intention of causing division and increasing tension and violence throughout the world. Even worse, claiming to represent basic freedoms? People who do this sort of stunt are asking for trouble as far as I'm concerned, though I hope nothing happens and these individuals who perform these stunts fade silently into history along with the extremists who tend to capitalise on things like Quran burning. I'd feel exactly the same way if they were burning any ancient/religious texts or flags with the intention of stirring up trouble.
edit on 18-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: spelling mistake

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Iv just looked at a few of her other vids and she introduces herself as the person who says what everyones afraid to say. Goes on to flap her gums about how niceness is the weapon that has been used to murder America and Christianity bla bla. I really hope she isn't picked up by politics or mainstream news.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

probably more violance, maybe muslims should start burning the bible see how the koran burners feel

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

I'm a Muslim, and I would never burn a Bible because it's a lesson in kindergarten that if we really applied, would make the world a better place: Treat people how you want to be treated. I don't like "Christians" burning my holy book, but I'm not gonna burn the Bible, and I damn sure won't kill 'em..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

This is just disgusting. No other words can describe what she is doing, Plain and utter disgusting. Hey i'm all for free speech, but this is just hate.

If she belived in God, no matter what God, she should be out spreading peace, and teaching people about unity, not burning another peoples book and calling God a son of a ''''''''''''''.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Holy books are books of fiction anyway. It's not like burning a physics book that would otherwise provide some interesting information over a real subject.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
She finds Islam offensive, and she's burning the book because she doesn't like it.

I really don't see what the problem is as long as it is her book.

I don't think God lives in a book. I find it hard to believe that people get so up in arms about it.
It's just totally not my mindset. I can't understand, I just don't have that mindset to let me.
I don't want to get anyone's panties in a wad though, which is what I'd think you'd be wanting to do if you burned it and then publicized it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

So then I take it you don't get offended when the American Flag is burned.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join