It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida gun deaths suspect named as Shawn Tyson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Because in Britain, you get stabbed or jumped by hooligans.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It's still far less common than gun murders in America. Due to the personal nature of stabbing somebody, a person has to be a LOT more psychologically disturbed to stab someone to death, than to shoot them from a distance.

Besides, how many Tucson-type events were done with KNIVES?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I am not exploiting a tragedy. I am, in fact, rather upset because of two British lads losing their lives because of the primitive, backward-ass country that is the USA.

Do us all a favor and stay out of our "primitive, backward-ass" country then.

If America were really as dangerous as you are suggesting, nobody would visit.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Nah, nah. I don't despise guns. Personally, I legally possess a pistol that is locked away for any 'emergencies'. LOL.

Gotta love the sweet stench of hypocrisy.

Now you know why many Americans have guns.
edit on 18-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How bad would a gun incident have to be in order for Americans to advocate gun control (im not even saying getting rid of all guns, im just saying getting rid of handguns)?

If a gang shot up 500 people in a mall, would you still be singing the "people kill people" tune?

btw i am an American, so im not speaking as an outsider.
edit on 18-4-2011 by descartes90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by descartes90
If a gang shot up 500 people in a mall, would you still be singing the "people kill people" tune?

Legally purchased guns are easily traced, therefore gangs don't buy guns legally.

What good would gun control do against someone who is unconcerned with gun control laws?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by descartes90

none because most of us blame the stupid idiot who pulls the trigger.

a gun itself is not inherently evil the use of it is.

most people own a gun for the protection of life others the criminals possess one only to take it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yes.

people do kill people.

Lay a gun on the table and leave it there and it will rust away before it got up on it's own and killed anyone.

If a gang shot up a mall and killed 500 people then we have a bigger problem than the use of guns on our hands now don't we?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

only criminals will have them.

and guess how much crime will skyrocket.

Crime will decrease dramatically. Guns, and the death penalty, increase violence because they brutalize the society. Americans just love the idea of executing a home intruder so much, that they will not support any kind of gun control no matter how many Columbines or Tucsons there are.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The restrictions on firearm ownership leads to no danger of ever having a gun intentionally fired at you.

Which means everyone is entirely vulnerable to being attacked by someone bigger, stronger, faster, younger, etc. Everyone is a potential victim to your "chavs." The aggressors will always have the advantage. Plus, there are indeed shooting deaths in the UK, so obviously the laws are not 100% effective.

You are welcome to live somewhere as a victim, but I'd rather take personal responsibility for my own safety. Like it or not, the gun is a deterrent.

Which house would you rob?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bf5fa45051d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Legally purchased guns are easily traced, therefore gangs don't buy guns legally.

What good would gun control do against someone who is unconcerned with gun control laws?

Well in Canada they have gun control laws, you can GET a gun there contrary to popular belief, it's just difficult for the wrong people to get a hand on them.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

you cant make a more ridiculous arguement.

no we wont because its nothing but nazi fascism

link   

Do us all a favor and stay out of our "primitive, backward-ass" country then.

Nowhere did I imply that I was staying in your country.

If America were really as dangerous as you are suggesting, nobody would visit.

Idiotic comment.

If the Cayman Islands are really that much of a tax-haven, then everybody would set up business there.

link   

As previously mentioned: in the worst areas of Britain's cities, there is absolutely no danger of being shot.

Now that is down right wrong, and you know it!

You either live in a leafy suburb, and have never ventured into some of our more "volatile" inner cities..........or you live in cloud cuckoo land!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Yes.

people do kill people.

Lay a gun on the table and leave it there and it will rust away before it got up on it's own and killed anyone.

If a gang shot up a mall and killed 500 people then we have a bigger problem than the use of guns on our hands now don't we?

Forget what the criminals intent was, the fact is, the reason VTech, Columbine and Tucson happened is BECAUSE OF OUR LAWS. Every society has dysfunctional, mentally disturbed people. But if you keep guns away from them, you can stop things like that from happening.

The fact is, every American has a little bit of the blood of those events on their hands, because they didn't see them as a reason to limit gun use.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

I am not exploiting a tragedy. I am, in fact, rather upset because of two British lads losing their lives because of the primitive, backward-ass country that is the USA.

It looks as if there will be no common ground here. We agree to disagree.

That said, I suggest to you if the USA is so bad, then just stay on your side of the pond. But I wonder why so many people are clamoring to get here legally and illegally and protesting to their governments and asking us for help. The US is not perfect and has its own share of internal strife, but I cannot think of really any other place I would want to call home, considering my options.

link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
Yeah apart from london,manchester,glasgow,belfast,birmingham,liverpool,newcastle,cardiff and the rest

Please tell me how you'd be ''risking your life'' visiting those cities ?

link   

Yes.

people do kill people.

Forget what the criminals intent was, the fact is, the reason VTech, Columbine and Tucson happened is BECAUSE OF OUR LAWS. Every society has dysfunctional, mentally disturbed (no, not "evil" as the American witch-hunting mentality says) people. But if you keep guns away from them, you can stop things like that from happening.

The fact is, every American has a little bit of the blood of those events on their hands, because they didn't see them as a reason to limit gun use.

link   

We don't believe in collective punishment.

My weapons didn't commit those crimes and I should not be punished for them.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

But the fact you support the current laws makes you, and people who believe the same as you, partially responsible for every gun murder that happens in America.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

But the fact you support the current laws makes you, and people who believe the same as you, partially responsible for every gun murder that happens in America. It doesnt matter if you DID It, what matters is that the American people are standing idle to allow it happen because of their love for the firing range and vigilantism.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join