It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida gun deaths suspect named as Shawn Tyson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
whilst it is always sad in that another life has been lost, when in africa you do not set up camp next to a lions drinking hole do you?
these lads were in the wrong part of town it appears and wether they were shot , or kicked to death, the method is not the issue.

Maybe they were gay, maybe it was a drug deal that went wrong, maybe they looked the wrong way, had the wrong shirt on. Maybe the killer was having a bad day and there is no motive at all.

I have noticed that where there is guns there is usually death. america was founded on shooting people, england was founded with the sword. australia was founded on both. etc etc...

if there is a moral to my post it is this.

Do not go into a place without understanding the local culture.

Or do as the romans do, as they say.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Nowhere did I imply that I was staying in your country.

Nowhere did I imply that's what you implied.
I was telling you to keep your nose both literally and figuratively out of our business.

Idiotic comment.

If the Cayman Islands are really that much of a tax-haven, then everybody would set up business there.

You know how I know you're a Troll?

You call America primitive for it's stance on guns yet continuously drop insults in this thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by descartes90

you cant make a more ridiculous arguement.

no we wont because its nothing but nazi fascism

look, im not saying we should eliminate guns altogether, im just saying we need stricter laws.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

No it doesn't.

I didn't commit any murders because I MADE THE PERSONAL CHOICE to own fire arms and exercise MY RIGHT of self defense.

Stop trying to sling blame for murder on anyone other than the murderer.

I suppose anyone who owns a kitchen knife is partially responsible for any murder committed with a kitchen knife? Anyone who owns a car is responsible for any accident that has killed anyone before? Anyone who owns cleaning supplies must be guilty of killing every child who ever swallowed bleach?

Your argument is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
Yeah apart from london,manchester,glasgow,belfast,birmingham,liverpool,newcastle,cardiff and the rest

Please tell me how you'd be ''risking your life'' visiting those cities ?

Can I ask, where in England do you live?

Have you ever visited Moss side, Ordsall, Toxteth, Croxteth, the Goebells?....if you think there is no gun crime in the UK and you "have no chance of being shot" in any of our inner cities.......then you are living in denial mate!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by descartes90

Originally posted by projectvxn

Yes.

people do kill people.

Lay a gun on the table and leave it there and it will rust away before it got up on it's own and killed anyone.

If a gang shot up a mall and killed 500 people then we have a bigger problem than the use of guns on our hands now don't we?

Forget what the criminals intent was, the fact is, the reason VTech, Columbine and Tucson happened is BECAUSE OF OUR LAWS. Every society has dysfunctional, mentally disturbed people. But if you keep guns away from them, you can stop things like that from happening.

The fact is, every American has a little bit of the blood of those events on their hands, because they didn't see them as a reason to limit gun use.

So, it is ok for the rights of many to be infringed upon for the actions of a few?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

You said certain areas of cities!

Like housing estates! like the complete sh#t hole estate i grew up in Newcastle where stabbings were happening every other week,like after popping into the local newsagents once i witnessed a woman stumble in covered in blood after being stabbed by a gang of girls!!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

and just how many hoops should the individual have to jump through for a constitutional right?

if you can get a credit card in less than 5 minutes why should it take months to get anything firearm related?

the already gun laws already require background checks at what point does it become so utterly ridiculous.

this country has no legal authority to outlaw something based on what the might do intend to do.

that is nothing but being the "thought" police.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

First of all a gang that gets a hold of guns to commit a crime like that probably didn't do it by legal means.

Secondly my right to own firearms has never infringed upon my neighbors rights.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
we're #24 on the list...not bad!
though as an argument, # 62 would be better. oh well.....
Murder per capita stats

lol, Costa Rica and Poland are #19/20, respectively..and Russia/Mexico are #'s 5/6...so yeah...the US is Primitive!

while it IS a tragedy that people are killed unjustly, harping that "USA is primitive/guns are evil, no one should have them, but i do...for emergencies" makes no sense.

TO NEO96:

not only is it a constitutional right, it's NATURES right for its creatures to have self defense. i've said this before in a prior thread. we're about the only one of natures creatures w/o born in defense capabilities(no fangs, claws, poisons, spikes, etc) but we've the intelligence to create such tools, for sustenance, and for defense.

Theres no "Natures Rulebook for Self Defense", so nothing should be ruled out. even guns.
edit on 18-4-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

No it doesn't.

I didn't commit any murders because I MADE THE PERSONAL CHOICE to own fire arms and exercise MY RIGHT of self defense.

Stop trying to sling blame for murder on anyone other than the murderer.

I suppose anyone who owns a kitchen knife is partially responsible for any murder committed with a kitchen knife? Anyone who owns a car is responsible for any accident that has killed anyone before? Anyone who owns cleaning supplies must be guilty of killing every child who ever swallowed bleach?

Your argument is ridiculous.

Interesting points.

Obviously, everything has a risk. Considering 40,000 people every YEAR die in America in car accidents, making them a much worse threat than terrorism, sometimes I do feel maybe it's not even worth driving. Though then again, cars probably also save lives so I don't know, but guns definitely take far more lives than they save.

As for cleaning supplies, nah, as long as you watch your kid, no. Knives? Well like I said, knife murder is pretty rare compared to gun murder.

It's not the fact you OWN a gun that makes you partially responsible, it's the fact you support the same laws that allow disturbed people to get a hold of them. If you own a gun and got it by following stricter laws, I see nothing wrong with that!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
Yeah apart from london,manchester,glasgow,belfast,birmingham,liverpool,newcastle,cardiff and the rest

Tell me how you would be risking your life in any U.S. city?

I stopped and asked for directions on "murder row" in New Orleans. No problem. I have driven through basketball games at midnight in the heart of Kansas City. I wore a red doo-rag through East St. Louis in my convertible mustang. I go to Miami and eat at the best Cuban restaurants where you have to speak Spanish or you don't get served. I've walked the French Quarter alone at night, and visited the grave of Marie Leveau (gang territory). I wouldn't advise all of those activities for just everybody, but it is still rare to encounter violence.

I'll tell you what, it is far safer to go to a bar in the city than it is to go to a bar in the country!! We fight just for fun in the country, but you rarely see a fight in a bar in the city. I can't tell you how many fights I have been in, with my gun, but nobody ever knew it was on me. People aren't out waving guns around wildly, even if we are carrying one. As a matter of fact, I have never pulled my gun out of its holster, or even mentioned that I had one, except to police.

From your OP, the police are still looking for a motive, it is possible these "tourists' were killed while trying to buy drugs!

Violence doesn't just happen randomly, and in fact it is pretty rare for violence to happen to a stranger. Typically it is an associate of some kind that perpetrates violence.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh
we're #24 on the list...not bad!
though as an argument, # 62 would be better. oh well.....
Murder per capita stats

lol, Costa Rica and Poland are #19/20, respectively..and Russia/Mexico are #'s 5/6...so yeah...the US is Primitive!

while it IS a tragedy that people are killed unjustly, harping that "USA is primitive/guns are evil, no one should have them, but i do...for emergencies" makes no sense.

what ever happened to being #1?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

and just how many hoops should the individual have to jump through for a constitutional right?

if you can get a credit card in less than 5 minutes why should it take months to get anything firearm related?

the already gun laws already require background checks at what point does it become so utterly ridiculous.

this country has no legal authority to outlaw something based on what the might do intend to do.

that is nothing but being the "thought" police.

How did you get a credit card in 5 minutes? Tell me, I wanna know.
It took me weeks to get mine.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
For those that trash our gun laws. Why not put up some alternative plans to keep guns out criminals hands while allowing law abiding citizens to keep theirs. Ideas? Please? I would like some answers too. Lets talk about what can actually be done, instead of saying it needs to be done but having no ideas as to how to go about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
So, it is ok for the rights of many to be infringed upon for the actions of a few?

If it SAVES LIVES, yes, in some cases.

link   

thats nonsense

this is the world has devolved to when everyone and anyone can blame other people and other things instead of their own actions.

its called personal resposibilty mean a person and noone else and nothing else is responsible for any given persons actions..

you do it you own it.

link   
If there was no such things as guns,this guy would have a knife,theres some angry dangerous people out there.Not just in britian,and america.Kids carrying knives to be cool.stabbing you like its a video game.I dont own a gun,have no interest in them but guns aint the issue here.Its how some people see life as cheap,How quick they are to hurt or even kill someone,with no thoughts of their own future much less their victims.its sad.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
For those that trash our gun laws. Why not put up some alternative plans to keep guns out criminals hands while allowing law abiding citizens to keep theirs. Ideas? Please? I would like some answers too. Lets talk about what can actually be done, instead of saying it needs to be done but having no ideas as to how to go about it.

Enact the canadian laws. While criminals do get guns there RARELY, it almost never happens.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angrybadger
If there was no such things as guns,this guy would have a knife,theres some angry dangerous people out there.Not just in britian,and america.Kids carrying knives to be cool.stabbing you like its a video game.I dont own a gun,have no interest in them but guns aint the issue here.Its how some people see life as cheap,How quick they are to hurt or even kill someone,with no thoughts of their own future much less their victims.its sad.

yeah true but like i said, it's much harder to massacre, or even kill one, person with a knife, not to mention guns are a far more impersonal way of killing. It really takes a lot of hate and rage to stab a person, with a gun it only takes a 'logical' kind of hatred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join