It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend seeing tall dark male figure with long nails at edge of bed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ok so my friend today while talking on the phone began telling me of this nightmare she has been having for a few years now. Apparently she has been having very surreal dreams, of a very tall shadowy/smoky figure standing at the edge of her bed at night, just staring at her. The only features she can see are his long finger nails.

This dream is reoccurring and has been happening for at least a year. Out of her family members, she is the only one having these dreams, however her sisters have always heard whispering around the house, where she moved from some states away to where she resides alone now. That original house is where all this started as well.

Now for instance last nights dream was her just sitting in her living room playing a video game while noticing heavy breathing sounds, she proceeded to open the door to her apartment thinking it was a homeless man, saw nothing, breathing continued so she went to go close the window thinking it was something from outside, then as soon as she closed the window, she heard a male name slowly calling her name, then she woke up. The peculiar thing about these dreams, is they always take place at the current room/house she is currently sleeping in.

The only dream she can remember the figure doing anything other than the normal staring, was a few months ago, where he was standing at the edge of her bed, slowly began to creep towards her from the side of the bed and began to slowly and softly run his finger nails across her face, then she woke up.

Now, the very creepy thing about these dreams, are that they never stop, they feel very real to her almost to the point that she has trouble discerning real from dream because of the settings always being the same, the figure always being the same and never changing.

When they first started happening, apparently the figure would appear then disappear very shortly. But as they continue, it has begun to stay longer now to the point of it just standing over her from the edge of the bed looking at her, as if it's waiting for her to say something. She recalls almost every dream where she is telling herself to not say anything, do not say anything to him, etc. She feels a sense of fear at first but then she says her mind blanks as if she is just in awe, and they just look at each other, she cannot turn away and just stares back at him.

Now she is not quite sure if these are just nightmares, or something more. When she told me today about them I felt like it was something more and she is open to that idea as well.

So far she has never tried to say anything or interact with it. Only once did she scream for it to go away, in a dream and it disappeared and the dreams stopped for a few months but then it came back.

So I'm asking for anyone that has the same sort of experience, knows where she should proceed from here or what to do, i.e.: getting her house blessed/cleansed, talking to a medium or what.

It's gotten to the point to where the majority of her dreams consist of this figure and it is really starting to worry her.
edit on 18-4-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
not for nothing but this reminds me a lot of the movie insidious.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Id say....go see a doctor or psychologist.

These are clearly dreams that are disrupting your friend.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Never fear, its just the boogeyman. I just had this conversation with my daughter.

Just don't look under the bed.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My goodness, now that is one freaky dream. Not to be joking or anything but the figure with the long fingernails sounds a lot like Freddy Krueger o_O

Whatever this figure is, it might be an evil spirit or demon. I hope your friend gets the help she needs in order to stop these dreams.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmm

It doesnt sound nice for your friend at all.
I would guess that due to the fact she screamed at it and it left her it probably isnt malicious or if it is its very weak.
If she is able tell her to ask it what it wants, I cant see it doing any harm and maybe the thing is some sort of benevolent being who is going to guide her or pass on a message or something.

My guess is that if its been around for awhile and it hasnt hurt her it most likely either doesnt want to or is unable to.

Did she physically feel the finger on her face or was it an impression? what does her gut tell her this thing is?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Up to this point, she always passed them off as dreams, but after talking to her a little bit today about it, her gut tells her differently.

And yes, she felt the nails on her face as if it were actually happening, she said she could feel them 100%.

She also mentioned that she does not feel anything evil about it just curiosity.
She personally feels that it's just looking at her waiting for her to talk to it, that's the vibe she gets, and even better, when she has these dreams, she just keeps telling herself not to say anything, do not talk to it..

They could just simply be dreams, but to me, It just sounds odd since the figure never changes, never a different body type or face, just same black smokey tall lanky figure, she thinks it's a man, and with longer finger nails. But that's about it, always at the edge of her bed just staring at her.

Very creepy indeed.
Would it be safe for her to try and ask what it wants, if it were some kind of spirit or demon, wouldn't acknowledging it by talking or asking questions be a bad thing?
edit on 18-4-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I would guess the staring matches and and the scream to go away were considered acknowledgement in this entity's eyes. If her gut tells her its not evil why the hesitation?

I say bite the bullet, try communicate with it, see what it wants and see what it can tell her.

Maybe its waiting till shes ready so it doesnt freak her out

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I had a similar situation with an entity that used to do the same thing. Stand at the foot of the bed....

One time I was so startled by seeing it after it had awoken me I kicked at it and naturally it then vanished.

Long story short, I now keep a bible on top of my nightstand and haven't seen it since.

THough I did have a sleep paralysis episode last summer that I believe might have been the same entity ....

But other than that, so far so good.

Also, this might sound weird, but the closet appears to be the portal, making sure my closet doors has made a difference in quelling the amount of activity and/or visits.

For your friend, I would also recommend her trying some prayer for protection while sleeping as well as the Bible...it's worked for me.

Just sayin'.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well, since she has told me about these dreams, which was the day I started this thread, she has yet to dream about "it" since. Maybe it's gone for good?
Maybe it was just a dream, maybe not.

Appreciate the replies here, and will report back if anything new happens.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

Sounds like Nosferatu to me:

edit on 7-5-2011 by Ajax because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
Never fear, its just the boogeyman. I just had this conversation with my daughter.

Just don't look under the bed.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So, she heard a guy outside breathing heavily, figured it was some panting homeless dude and proceeded to open the door? Id see the favorable twist if it was a Pizza delivery guy and she ran out of cash LOL but a homeless man? Weird as hell.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Drugs are bad... mmmmk?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok, here is a bit of a creepy update.

Everything has been quiet with these dreams she has had in the past, she has not had any since the last noted dream in this thread.... Up until today.

However, this time it wasn't a dream. (we think)

I had just gotten home from work when she txt'd me to call her. I called and she was quite shaken and almost crying.

Apparently, she was home alone, laying on her stomach across her bed with a cover over her picking the nail polish off her nails. She then specifically heard what sounded to be the covers moving behind her (but could not feel any type of movement) and that creepy male voice began calling her name and she was so scared she did not look behind her, she was frozen from fear. The voice got close then it whispered three words in Farsi, from behind it was right behind her head, moving from ear to ear.

I do not know the exact spelling of these words in Farsi but it sounded like this: Hoova Softa Siiiiiift which translates in English to "Good, soft and hard." Which the last word being extended as "haaaaard". She then got the most creepiest chill jolt up her spine and she jumped up and ran out of the room.

We both agreed that it was sexual in nature.

I called her about 10 minutes after this happened.
I trust this girl very much and I know she would not make this up and she is almost positive that she was not sleeping, at all. She does not do ANY drugs, she is a very clean cut type of person. And she came to me in trust that I would not judge her. She is just kind of in disbelief right now.

I need some advice as to where she should go from this point. Should she seek a Medium? Or have her house cleansed, or what?

I told her we should find a Medium in her area, that was my advice.
edit on 9-12-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
About 6 or so years ago i woke up in the middle of the night & saw something very similar,funny thing is i wasn't afraid,i just layed back down & went to sleep again.
He had on a hat,an old style western armless jacket on with dirty jeans,it was dark but thats what i could make out very faintly.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

My first thought would be to be certain that it wasn't a dream. Dreams can be very 'real' feeling.
If she was only sort of certain she wasn't sleeping, that doesn't cut it. She shouldn't jump to conclusions.

But if she is certain she was awake, or if these things get more frequent or stronger, then the possibility of it being paranormal is stronger as well.

For the people who read this and have no experience with paranormal things, then this will sound utterly wacky. I understand that. But experience does open eyes. Let me leave it at that.

So, if this entity (if it is one) continues to bother her, she needs to make a stand. I find it very interesting that most people, when confronted with this sort of thing tend to first deny it, then freeze up. They seem to want to just cower and suffer. Closing eyes and hoping it will go away is a common response. Being terrified is another common response. These things put you in a victim's position.

What is interesting is that openly confronting it OUT LOUD and telling it in no uncertain terms to go away and never return can sometimes work. This depends on the type of entity it is.

This doesn't sound like a kindly spirit of her loving Grandmother coming to look out for her. There are different types of entities. Some are nicer than others. Some are just jerks. But most jerky human ghost-types will eventually leave when confronted. It's interesting that in her case, there are indications that this worked before.

She can try to communicate if she likes, but I'd strongly argue against opening any sort of dialogue. This might be construed as wanting further communication and contact.

Yelling in aggressive anger works. Being firm and demanding it leaves can, too. It may take a few tries.

But this is her home; her reality; her life. She has a right to it. This thing doesn't actually belong there.

Your advice to get a medium in there might help if they can sense any specifics, but that can be hit and miss. She probably ought to start keeping a log of times, dates and events so these things, if they have a pattern, can be looked at to find it.

There are some clearing ceremonies like smudging that seem to work in some cases. But my gut tells me that this is because of setting intention -making a stand - more than the actual acts themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. If this is all a dream there really isnt much that she could do. My only suggestion would be to try prayer before she goes to sleep. Pray for protection for here mind and to sleep in peace and see if that works.

If it is not a dream then she may want to try being firm with it telling it this is her house and it is not welcomed there and needs to leave. if that dosent work then I say try contacting a preacher to clense the house and that shuld do the trick.

I am not an authority on this by any means but that is my two cents.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Your "friends" story holds too many details to be something someone else
told somebody else. Fiction, i say.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
The voice got close then it whispered three words in Farsi, from behind it was right behind her head, moving from ear to ear.

I do not know the exact spelling of these words in Farsi but it sounded like this: Hoova Softa Siiiiiift which translates in English to "Good, soft and hard."

Are one or both of you Farsi speakers? If so, is it your "first"/"primary"/"birth" language but you also speak English, or are you predominantly English speaking with knowledge of Farsi?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join