It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Dread. (image heavy)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
My question has anyone felt this kind of dread before? It felt as if something was about to happen any second, or you were about to witness something very, very wrong. Almost as if it felt you like you were going to see something you shouldn't see.

Here is the story.

My ex-girlfriend and I (friends at the time) were bored and I was in town visiting family for Thanksgiving. After dinner there wasn't much to do and she had just bought a new car so we were driving around for fun when we both decided to go to a cemetery because we've never been to one together and it was dark so maybe we could freak ourselves out a little and get a laugh out of it.

This cemetery is where all the local World War One and World War Two Veterans are laid, with a section that predates that into the 1800's.

We were laughing and talking away, it was around 11:30pm so it was dark at this point in time. We turned onto the only road leading into the cemetery. We were talking about many different things, trying to catch up on old times gone passed.

The Road.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb77f1bb7279.jpg[/atsimg]

This road borders train tracks as you can see (thank you Google Earth). The road is actually quite long, and it took a couple minutes for us to reach the area of the road that is nearing the cemetery.

There are a few buildings on the left hand side of the road until you reach the power station. I'm not sure what type of electrical facility is, but it may have played a role in the Dread.
The Electric Facility.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4eabbd4bff01.jpg[/atsimg]

The electricity facility, is where the true road begins to the cemetery. I say the true road because the other part makes you feel as if you are still in the city, although it borders on the edge of town.

You can see a distinct difference between the open air, and where I say the true road begins. This is where the weirdness set in.

The True Road.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5747baea18a.jpg[/atsimg]

This section of the road is very long, and it goes straight all the way to the gate of the cemetery.

As soon as we hit the true road, our conversation had died, not because we both chose not to talk, it was if we had both forgotten we were in the middle of a conversation. We went quiet, the only thing we could hear is the sound of the engine, we didn't even have music playing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fe25d537528.jpg[/atsimg]

While traveling ever closer to the cemetery gates, I began to feel an odd pressure on my chest, as if something was pushing me into the seat. Much like the G forces you feel on a roller coaster although the Gs increased the closer we got to the gate. When we reached the gate she slowed to a crawl, and we both looked at each other and said, "turn around, turn around right now." The feeling which was at first just a weird pressure had turned into what I can only call sheer dread. I felt as if we were not supposed to be there and VERY unwanted. It felt as if we went any further we were going to see something we shouldn't bare witness to. something that was not intended for us.

The Gate.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66d41bb42d03.jpg[/atsimg]
The gate now has a street light at it, positioned on the outside of the gate, the placement of it makes this gate terrifying at night as the low wall blocks any light from illuminating what is beyond it.

As we were driving out it was if the "turn around, turn around right now" had snapped us both back to reality and we were talking again. I told her the feeling of Gs / pressure on my chest and she looked at me and her eyes widened with disbelief, i was like "its okay, you don't have to believe me", she said "No esqONE, I felt it - the exact same thing".

I said I didn't want to scare you but the entire time we were driving down the true road, it felt like things were peaking out from behind the trees but all I could do was stare straight for fear of something actually being there. Her eyes began to well up and she said the entire time we drove down the true road she could see faces in the corn field to her left, in the corn field, and in the trees themselves but she didn't want to look because she felt them staring at her, she said sometimes it felt like they were right up against the drivers side window.

She believes in ghosts but is never scared of them, she has never witnessed anything paranormal before. So it shocked me because I am pretty sensitive to it and I thought I was the only one picking up on it.

Has anyone else felt anything like this? Does anyone have any idea why this event happened? Do you think it may have had to do with the fact that we were heading to a graveyard full of war veterans on thanksgiving day and we were just unwanted?

I felt like we were going to witness something big, parade of the dead type of thing. Something that would break us mentally to be completely honest.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by esqONE

The dread is real. Listen to it.

S+F for your signature, if nothing else.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I know it was real, but i want to know if anyone has any insight, was it something pushing us away, was it instinct, was it, i dont know, magnetic fields screwing with our minds?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by esqONE

I've felt the dread before, but I just shrugged it off and kept going. Bad things happened every time. I really think instinct plays a big part.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by esqONE

Maybe "they" where telling you and your girl to go away, To live the life denied to them because of wars. To start a family and have children and be productive in life, Like i said whats been denied to the veterans, sometimes you got to speculate that there are strange forces above trying to steer you, IMO,

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have felt this kind of dread before, and it is overwhelming and definitely real. That said, I absolutely think that it was related to the power station you drove by. You said it began when the road changed, which was just past the power station. Think of the all the electricity singing through the wires and relays at the station. It would be enough to make you start feeling uncomfortable, watched, pressed upon, etc. You had a whole length of road to travel once the feeling started. The trees lining the road would've contributed as well, making your route feel closed-in. By the time you got to the cemetery, you were primed and jumpy and ultrasensitive to any paranormal energy that may have been present. I'll bet if you were able to approach the cemetery from a different route, it would feel much less threatening. I imagine that any spirit in or around the cemetery is able to draw quite a bit of energy from the power station too. I can relate to that awful feeling you describe. Just reading the words "the dread" actually makes my heart accelerate a bit! Anyway, sounds like a combination of factors went into your experience.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I visit war veteran graveyards once in awhile and nothing special happens. And just in general I never get sudden feelings of dread but rather the opposite. Sometimes for no reason I just get very optimistic about things and actually really just enjoy life.

Since we have different experiences perhaps you should look at things in your life and maybe not external forces affecting you.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You are correct the power station could have played a part in your feelings of dread. A strong EMF coming from there could well have caused it. With that being said though, I have had a couple of feelings like that associated with physical objects. I really do not wish to go into it in an open thread, but I do certainly believe in your experience.
Was it the power station or something else, hard to say.I just know I have had similar experiences in an area with no high EMF's.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by esqONE

Explanation: S&F!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3240b9ade30f.jpg[/atsimg]

Did google earth catch a Ghost soldier wearing a helmet and carrying what looks like a machine gun in broad daylight?

I wonder if the 6 and the infinity symbol have to do with anything?

Personal Disclosure: As for emf ... yep it definately contributed and might even give the ghost a permanent energy field to lock on to.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The feeling of pressure on the chest is one I have felt often and relate it to paranormal experiences.

I have often walked into rooms and felt a presence - the pressure makes it hard to breathe and I have to leave the room. I associate it with something wanting me to leave.

I have also felt lots of tingling down one side of my body or tingling in my forearms - this usually indicates something wanting to communicate with or through me.

Both quite unwelcome feelings!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

yes..........matrixing.................

2nd line

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have felt scared like that before. Almost out of nowhere. But, I also have bad anxiety and sometimes if I think something bad will happen. Dwelling on that thought made me feel even more certainty of danger.

I think traveling to a cemetery may set you up for that kind of spooky feeling, especially at night.

I also lived in a haunted house for the first 16 years of my life.

So I know that there is the possibility of 'ghostly encounters'...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A very intriguing story that you have posted, OP.

When you first mentioned the power station, an immediate red flag went up in my head, as it does when I do investigations. Have you ever driven down that strip of road with an EMF detector or a Tri-Field meter? You can find very rudimentary EMF meters on ebay for under 30 bucks. Tri-Field meters are more expensive, but work much better, in my opinion. I wonder if there are any big conduits under the road leading to the cemetery? I'm not trying to discount your feelings at all, I'm merely trying to find a source for them.

I have felt "the Dread" several times on investigations I have been on in the past. Sometimes that was the only "evidence" that my team and I were able to record during certain investigations. Many times there weren't any EMF spikes in the area that we were investigating.

If you can get your hands on an EMF detector, would you mind recording your results here? I'd be very interested in the milligauss readings along that road.

As far as latent spiritual energy in cemeteries, I wonder if there is a higher concentration when they are in close proximity to a big power station, or is it that the electromagnetic fields merely make us "feel" that way? Very interesting to say the least.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
The feeling of pressure on the chest is one I have felt often and relate it to paranormal experiences.

I have often walked into rooms and felt a presence - the pressure makes it hard to breathe and I have to leave the room. I associate it with something wanting me to leave.

I have also felt lots of tingling down one side of my body or tingling in my forearms - this usually indicates something wanting to communicate with or through me.

Both quite unwelcome feelings!

Im not sure if I mentioned it but with the pressure it felt like I was going to start hyperventilating before we turned around, it was getting that hard to breathe. Cant say I had the tingling as it was atleast 6 months ago so my memory isnt flawless, if I cant remember it perfectly, I omit said part.

I want to say I remember my ex saying her arms were tingling, but I cant be 100% sure. Im at 50/50 cause I can almost hear her saying it, but i cant be sure.

Ive never had that feeling before it was crazy. Ive felt like something has been in the same room as me before but never something pushing me. I was alittle shaken up until we cleared the trees haha.
edit on 18-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Im not sure I can get my hands on any sort of EMF reader, but if in the near future I get some play money, I might just pick up a cheap one and check it out.

I agree I also thought about the power station playing a roll in it. Im not a complete noob to the paranormal and I knew it would play a part in it atleast. haha. Thats why I put it as a major point in the pictures so I wasnt deliberately trying to avoid it

There may be conduits running under the street because the cemetery does have electricity, atleast the building outside of the gate and the streetlight.

How big can an electric field really get though? I mean its not a HUGE power station by any means, and I know that rare earth magnets - the size of a marble can have fields stretching up to 3 feet on each pole, do you think a power station like this could project a field over a mile?

I have walked under industrial lines before and i felt uneasy but no where close to this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/732328a493aa.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95b5e04e7a63.jpg[/atsimg]
power = red. gate = orange.
blurred out the street / road names.

edit on 18-4-2011 by esqONE because: google image hack job done in MSpaint. nothing but the best for ATS haha.

edit on 18-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE

I agree I also thought about the power station playing a roll in it. Im not a complete noob to the paranormal and I knew it would play a part in it atleast. haha. Thats why I put it as a major point in the pictures so I wasnt deliberately trying to avoid it

I wasn't implying that you weren't. I was just covering my bases is all.

There may be conduits running under the street because the cemetery does have electricity, at least the building outside of the gate and the streetlight.

I wonder if there are any large transformers between the electric station and the cemetery?

How big can an electric field really get though? I mean its not a HUGE power station by any means, and I know that rare earth magnets - the size of a marble can have fields stretching up to 3 feet on each pole, do you think a power station like this could project a field over a mile?

I have walked under industrial lines before and i felt uneasy but no where close to this.

I know exactly what you mean. I really have no idea how large an EM field can stretch (when concerning power stations). I would guess it would have to do with the integrity of the lines, the integrity of the buildings that house the machinery, etc. Older lines could produce a lot of bleed off EM fields. By the looks of it, it looks to be an electricity substation, not an actual "plant" persay. Of course, I could be mistaken.

Something that OmegaLogos said really struck a chord with me though. Could it be possible that this cemetery's "residents" are drawing energy from this power station, and this is why you got such a profound feeling of dread when you approached it? Like I said in my previous post, I've gotten this exact same feeling before with NO EM fields recorded during our investigations. I wish I could speculate more, but without EMF readings from the area, the best I can say is that it is strange....to say the least.

Wished I lived near your area. I'd come down with you and check out the area.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Has anyone else felt anything like this? Does anyone have any idea why this event happened? Do you think it may have had to do with the fact that we were heading to a graveyard full of war veterans on thanksgiving day and we were just unwanted?

Im betting your intention of "...and get a laugh out of it" had something to do with it.

If you had gone with the intention of respecting the dead, and not of trying to get a cheap thrill, Id wager youd not have been played with by the spirits.

Its ironic, you went to the cemetery to laugh at the dead, and the dead ended up probably laughing at you

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by itaii

i also lived in a haunted house for a long time maybe about 6-7 years, thats along time for me and ive seen my share of weird.

ive freaked myself out and i do it on a regular basis, especially when im ATS, cause im usually on my laptop in the dark with sunglasses on, it helps, alot haha. Ive never had anxiety before, but this was overwhelming id hate to have a full on anxiety episode.

it was just like AHHHH, we gotta go, we gotta go, we gotta go

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Im betting your intention of "...and get a laugh out of it" had something to do with it.

If you had gone with the intention of respecting the dead, and not of trying to get a cheap thrill, Id wager youd not have been played with by the spirits.

Its ironic, you went to the cemetery to laugh at the dead, and the dead ended up probably laughing at you

I respect the dead alot, but yeah it was kind of rude to go there for a cheap thrill, maybe freak ourselves out and laugh about it later, I didnt plan on laughing at them, just thought itd be crazy if we saw something, then that feeling came and i got scared like a little girl, if i saw something whilst having that feeling, i think i would have feinted or soiled myself. probably both

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I dont think it is a power station, as in its creating energy feeding the city i think it is more of a relay station, where they build it up after it gets transported there. Although I am no electrician but its really not that big at all.

There isn't anything between the electricity place and the cemetery just a row of train tracks on the right, and a cornfield on the left. No power poles or anything like that. Not to my knowledge. Me and my father went there during the summer to visit his brother and his mother, his brother died when he was 6, we couldnt find him. we found her though.

I dont live in that area, I was just visiting family for thanksgiving so I happened to be in that city. Its in Southern Ontario, near Windsor Ont. Canada.

It would be fun to check it out again, but Id want to walk down the road to the cemetery just because it would be peaceful although if something were to happen Id want something to hide in hahaa. A car wouldnt prove much of a barrier to spirits, but it would serve as a blanket. haha.

They could be using it as sort of energy source, I mean my ex did say she saw people in the cornfield and the surrounding trees. You would think they would be more concentrated around the graveyard compared to halfway in between, but then again, maybe they were just out stretching their legs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join