It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Uh. Well.

Here is what I used the Rider Waite deck for; back in the day, for about two years or so, I used the Rider Waite deck exclusively so that I could memorize the mistakes that Waite wrote in to the deck. I know that sounds a little funny but that way every time I saw the mistakes that Waite made I would immediately remember the corrections that Crowley made. That was my idea of being clever back then.

The comment that TimeWalker made about the Devil was about a other and very terrestrial Devil.

But, if you guys wanna know something interesting about Trump 15 we can play twenty questions and see if you find it. There are a couple of things in the image but I am thinking about one thing in particular that is hidden in plain sight.

Anyone wanna play?

Meanwhile I am scurfing up some very rare and probably irrelevant information on author Phillip K. Dick and the pink-violet beam he used to communicate with.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I'll bite.

The Sigil for Saturn in the palm of the right hand.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Good eye! But nay.

What do you suppose the card is saying, over all. If the devil were saying something what would it be?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE
reply to post by cloudwatcher

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d0ee80c2b22.jpg[/atsimg]

is what i see it in. shrug

same

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Here. Here is Paul Foster Case's version (B.O.T.A.)...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE
reply to post by cloudwatcher

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d0ee80c2b22.jpg[/atsimg]

is what i see it in. shrug

Now that's interesting. I've just seen a site with a similar "two triangle" symbol (A book website).

www.crystalshadeangeni.com...

But the exact symbol hides elsewhere... here...

www.crystalshadeangeni.com...

On the main menu you can find three of these symbols right near each other and it's shaping the very same symbol what is on the draw (And the first one is also the 11th symbol in the menu as the site is also full with elevens.).
edit on 2-5-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Oddly enough, the devil in this image is also admonishing the viewer to realize As Above So Below.

But if As Above So Below is this balanced thing for us to attune ourselves to why are the Man and Woman in bondage?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Look closer... are they man and woman?

Have they been gifted with the free will humanity has?

I think it is also very important to look at what the Lovers card shows...

Still short on time here but the symbolism is so close right down to the missing element of water on both.

Earth (Female side shows grapes / fruit trees) Air (The wings) Fire (Clear on the male side)

The waters of emotion seem to be missing from the devil... But also from the lovers? How can this be!?

Also the devil is clearly showing that there is an above and a below, yet why does the winged figure in the lovers only point up?

I could be reading into this too much but I definitely see something...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well just quick reading up,

It seems they are in bondage because they know not of their addiction to forbidden fruit (her tail) and they are a source of evil (His fire tail) lights the torch and sends it Above, until they realize this and let it go, that they remain in bondage???

And he is the dominator (saturn)

But from what I read this is not the evil devil (no Tail)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Why is the symbolism you mentioned (sans the chains) Exactly the same in the lovers?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

One in the same? Above

edit on 2-5-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I will give it a go.

It at least looks to me that the ring attached to the chains (in both of the Trump fifteen cards provided) is not a complete ring. As if the devil is saying, "You are bound by your own choosing. All you have to do is look and observe and you will be free." But they seem content in their confinement. Maybe he is even providing the flame(knowledge) to assist them in learning how to be free.

Just my thought on it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoma15

Well. You are really, really close to the Arcanum that I have in mind. In fact you are so close you may as well have it...

Look how big the loop of chain is around their necks. Either one could just reach up and take it off. Better yet they could simply help one another.

Actually, JingleLord, the way I learned it the Devil is lighting Man's tail on fire thus rendering him incapable of really doing anything about the fecundity of his mate.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yes. Concerning the tail on the Devil. I have read that as well.

I see him as more of a gate keeper or living sigil like a sphinx. There are all sorts of Sphinxi.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

There's something else there...

Chirology and Chirognomy

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Livelong and prosper?

Also lacking the chalice...

Interesting

I knew Star Trek would eventually take over everything!

I blame this on Allan Dean Foster personally.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Gene Roddenberry more likely.

No it is an ancient sign of division.

Relates nicely to our estranged couple in T 15.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

There's something else there...

Chirology and Chirognomy
I totally missed that.

Next............

So spill it Jinglelord. What does it all have to do with me. Both cards

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I used to read tarot a lot. Lots of time with lots of decks. I could have charged for readings. I even did internet readings for people I never even met. Had a deck with me at the bar (The chicks really dug it), even my friends that think this sort of thing is silly and laugh at it would come see me when nobody was looking. Thing is I NEVER volunteered to do a reading for someone, there was always someone present who asked me to do it.

Anyway I started carrying a deck around because frankly it made me feel good that people wanted a skill I had. I really never thought I was that good at it. Eventually I was convinced. I got cocky and really bad at it soon afterwards.

So you might be asking yourself: "Where is this guy going with this story?"

Good question!

Thats when I decided the symbolism linked to a bunch of and I was going to kick it's A. I soon realized I was fighting myself.

Well in a battle against the self you hold all the cards, and utilizing the Tarot for ceremony and divination is all about you. I got pretty good again... Better than I was before but a little crazier.

It is from this place I found that I was alone. I was young and didn't know better so I thought I would like to not be alone. Utilizing the Lovers in Ceremony I envisioned who would be the perfect counterpart and gal dang if it didn't work! -- An aside, I just had a typo and typed "42" Not really possible but it happened none-the-less. This is important by the way --

Either way over the next four or so years I learned this important lesson...

The Devil is the Lovers, the Lovers is the Devil. They both offer us balance and harmony. Neither truly traps. One however appeals to the animal, one appeals to the higher mind. Neither is truly bad, but neither is truly good.

Recall that the lesson of the Devil happens late in the journey. It is the lesson of the Lovers for those who are further along the path. It is really the last lesson in the fools journey. Here he can stop. As he has found contentment and reward.

What happens if you still push? Look to the 16th lesson, Card 16 and you will see that the Sun, Moon, and Stars have been opened to you to eventually be one with your world... You don't choose the 16th lesson. It choses you.

Anyway I'm sure I'll get ripped a new one for this story but at least I hope it helps you to see what I meant.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Well then The Lovers it is. Like I said earlier.

I would say the Devil card was dealt a while back. I just bumped into him on the street, maybe he was just being friendly.

When I had my revelation a while back, I felt content and good things started happening for me since.

Reward!

I really don't feel the need to push anything.

To me the search is over.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join