It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

It was just something I knew. I don't know how to explain it.

I had read your entire thread last night, but had not looked at the actual manuscript. Other than what was on your thread of course. I wanted to see what you all had seen. So to Google I went. I just knew to put the 2 together.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Still failing to understand what was learned from doing a google search of your symbol and the voynich manuscript.......enlighten me.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoma15

So, a little explanation please on the "Above/Below" discussion. Is it your thought that we humans have been given the gift of being in the middle of two strong forces, and it is our duty to balance ourselves with both? This balance being the ultimate goal? Or are we climbing from below, to the middle, in the hopes that with true self knowledge and conviction we can eventually rise to the above.

The balance between the two strong forces, yes. To balance ourselves is to not let the force from below to overcome us. But to come into balance and unity with the force from above, and be in tune with the force from above, and wisdom can be known. Full wisdom comes after death in the after life.

To remain in the middle, we must not let the force from below over take us, if we do we will no longer remain in the middle. While at the same time we grow in tune with the force from above and remain in the middle. We leave the middle when we pass on, the question still remain do we go to the below, or to the above. This all depended while here if we were tuned to either the above or the below.

edit on 27-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: needed to add more.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by esqONE

awsome thats what i was thinking to like a mirror image

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I doddled exactly the same thing many many times, over a long period, roughly 1995-2003 ish.

!8 months back, I was given very similar words, when i can recall eact wording, I will edit post to display

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

It was just something I knew. I don't know how to explain it.

I know what you mean.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

While studying the original drawing that was posted of the symbol, and from the way you've said it must be written, Cloudwatcher, I got the impression that the two lines are extremely powerful when interconnected--and that this intrinsic connection creates a strength that cannot be broken apart. Perhaps it isn't a physical or magical power, but more of a psychological reminder of the recent events that have transformed your life, important as a constant memory of how these events have only begun to set you on a path that will bring you into a key phase of spiritual development.

Accompanied by the phrase As above, so below, it reminds me of the joining of the spiritual and subconscious, wherein an awareness of the subconscious found in both dreams and thoughts are the true things relevant to the occurrences of the real world, and lead into a higher spiritual awakening. As above = the spiritual, as below = the subconscious, which is your guide. A warning to be sensitive to the importance of what is going on beneath the surface. Perhaps your sensitivity will play a part in your destiny.

And in view of the odd connections in this thread, maybe the symbol itself plays a part in your role of bringing to light those spiritual connections between people who are seeking the truth.

...throwing my impression out there after haunting the thread for awhile. =]

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liana

While studying the original drawing that was posted of the symbol, and from the way you've said it must be written, Cloudwatcher, I got the impression that the two lines are extremely powerful when interconnected--and that this intrinsic connection creates a strength that cannot be broken apart. Perhaps it isn't a physical or magical power, but more of a psychological reminder of the recent events that have transformed your life, important as a constant memory of how these events have only begun to set you on a path that will bring you into a key phase of spiritual development.

Accompanied by the phrase As above, so below, it reminds me of the joining of the spiritual and subconscious, wherein an awareness of the subconscious found in both dreams and thoughts are the true things relevant to the occurrences of the real world, and lead into a higher spiritual awakening. As above = the spiritual, as below = the subconscious, which is your guide. A warning to be sensitive to the importance of what is going on beneath the surface. Perhaps your sensitivity will play a part in your destiny.

And in view of the odd connections in this thread, maybe the symbol itself plays a part in your role of bringing to light those spiritual connections between people who are seeking the truth.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liana

Probably the best advice so far.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
After reading much Crowley and OTO records the past few days I think it will be wise for me to heed his advice on this one.....

Should one rashly dare the passage, and take the irrevocable Oath of the Abyss, he might be lost therein through AEons of incalculable agony; he might even be thrown back upon Chesed, with the terrible Karma of failure added to his original imperfection.
It is even said that in certain circumstances it is possible to fall altogether from the Tree of Life, and to attain the Towers of the Black Brothers. But We hold that this is not possible for any adept who has truly attained his grade, or even for any man who has really sought to help humanity even for a single second, and that although his aspiration have been impure through vanity or any similar imperfection.

Spooky stuff.

Anyway, after reading the manifesto of the OTO

hermetic.com...

I starting thinking about a recent post I had on an Astral Projection thread here on ATS. Just thought I would throw it out there and see if it resonates with anyone.

I had only one experience similar to this about 5 years ago. I will try to be brief. When about to fall asleep I had a bout of sleep paralysis and then was projected to a street of a European town(based on architecture I think it was French) with me was an older gentlemen( who was our guide) and another younger person who didn't know what was going on either. We were taken through a store shop though a hidden door to what he said was the "initiation room". In the room appeared to be a multitude of individuals conversing with each other, the guide said that all of these people are members of a club called the Knights of ____________(can't recall the last word) and they all project here to meet. I asked why me and the other young man were brought here and he said, "Because you are already members, and have been for a very long time" I could tell then i was about to be brought back out and asked how I could return, he responded that they would call for me when I was ready. Then I was back in my bed.

This was one of those ultra vivid "Epic" type experiences, and I do not believe it to have been a dream. I haven't heard anything from them since, but I hope that I stumbled across this thread for a reason, and it will assist in getting back there someday.

Thanks for the assistance.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

What you've cited here from the mentioned O.T.O.-material is true in a way, although not for the reasons that many aspiring occultists would think.

I'm somewhat surprised that no one has yet acknowledged my previous post in this thread (although I do acknowledge that Frater210 and timewalker have acknowledged my posts).

Samael Aun Weor wrote in detail, about previously unknown-of (to the profane that is) aspects regarding Initiation, Daath, and the Abyss.

To break it down simply in Kabbalistic language:

Daath is referred to as both the First Abyss and the Higher Eden.

Yesod is referred to as the Second Abyss and the Lower Eden.

And Klipoth is referred to as the Third Abyss or the infernal/inferior abyss (which is no Eden at all).

edit on 28-4-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Considering your astral experience that you've described here, you may be interested in the following thread that is in the Secret Societies ATS forum:

My Initiation to the Astral Planes or the Masonic Ritual to the First Grade?

edit on 28-4-2011 by Tamahu because: fixed link

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Tamahu, thank you for all the help, it is appreciated.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thank you, Alex. I'll take 'Off The Cuff Gnosticism' for 500.

Here is what I think...

I think that the As Above So Below thing is a nice suggestion. But if you look at the material closely you begin to realize that we are working from a map of 'fallen creation'. That's right; look closely at the Tree of Life and the Tarot sequence.

When Taken as a whole we are simultaneously being told that As Above So Below is this great axiom of 'Hermetics' that we must understand and comply with. Some Law to be in accordance with; but then when we begin to analyze all of this Grand Architecture we find that it is really broken and fake.

As Above So Below is BullS!$t. Why? Because the system was hijacked long, long, long ago by a blind, idiot war god.

The Gnostics had it right. And We don't even know who they were. They may have called themselves Cathars at some point but it is we 19th and 20th century peoples who refer to them as Gnostics. And the information that they had was so old it sounds like myth. But it is the only thing that explains everything. Why do bad things happen to good people? Because the system don't work like that. The system has been corrupted. There is no balanced integration between Above and Below and trying to tackle that head on is just going to dig you in deeper into the flesh of the system like a tick.

Gurdjieff said something like this...You don't have to be smart to succeed on the Path. You need to be clever.

This is why I posted that Eighth Sphere thread as best as I can understand it. I have no intention of digging myself in further.

“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s” (“Ἀπόδοτε οὖν τὰ Καίσαρος Καίσαρι καὶ τὰ τοῦ Θεοῦ τῷ Θεῷ”) (Matthew 22:21).

What did Jesus (Es El Senor) mean by this. Well, I think it has more to do with paying your respects to Mammon while you are still trying to tunnel out of his system.

So that is what I think about As Above So Below. Something is very wrong with it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

This is from the pretext of The Virgin Of The World.

Rex Research

THE Sacred Books of Hermes, says Mrs. Child in her admirable compendium, [1] containing the laws, science, and theology of Egypt, were declared by the priests to have been composed during the reign of the Gods, preceding that of their first king, Menes. Allusions on very ancient monuments prove their great antiquity. There were four of them, and the sub-divisions of the whole make forty-two volumes. These numbers correspond exactly to those of the Vedas, which the Puranas say were carried into Egypt by the Yadavas at the first emigration to that country from Hindostan. The subjects treated of in them were likewise similar; but how far the Books of Hermes were copied from the Vedas remains doubtful. They were deposited in the inmost holy recesses of the temples, and none but the higher order of priests were allowed to read them. They were carried reverently in all great religious processions. The chief priests carried ten volumes relating to the emanations of the Gods, the formation of the world, the divine annunciation of laws and rules for the priesthood. The prophets carried four, treating of astronomy and astrology. The leader of the sacred musicians carried two, containing hymns to the Gods, and maxims to guide the conduct of the king, which the chanter was required to know by heart. Such were the reputed antiquity and sanctity of these Egyptian hymns that Plato says they were ascribed to Isis, and believed to be ten thousand years old. Servitors of the temple carried ten volumes more, containing forms of prayer and rules for offerings, festivals, and processions. The other volumes treated of philosophy and the sciences, including anatomy and medicine.

These books were very famous, and later were much sought after for alchemical purposes, especially for that of making gold. The Roman Emperor Severus collected all writings on the Mysteries and buried them in the tomb of Alexander the Great; and Diocletian destroyed all their books on alchemy lest Egypt should become too rich to remain tributary to Rome. The once-renowned Books of Hermes have been lost these fifteen hundred years.

Thus much concerning the Hermetic Books generally.

The Fragments comprised in this reprint have been the subject of much learned research. In the early centuries of Christianity --- Dr. Louis Menard tells us [1] --- they enjoyed a high repute as of undoubted genuineness, the Fathers invoking their testimony on behalf of the Christian mysteries, while Lactantius --- the "Christian Cicero" --- said of them, "Hermes, I know not how, has discovered well-nigh the whole truth." He was regarded as an inspired revealer, and the writings which bore his name passed for genuine monuments of that ancient Egyptian theology in which Moses had been instructed. And this opinion was accepted by Massilius Ficinus, Patricius, and other learned men of the Renaissance, who regarded them as the source of the Orphic initiations and of the philosophy of Pythagoras and Plato. Doubts, however, arose. They were ascribed, variously, on the strength of internal evidence, to a Jew, a Christian, and a Gnostic. And the conclusion come to by recent critics and accepted by Dr. Menard, is that their place is among the latest productions of Greek philosophy, but that amid the Alexandrian ideas, on which they are based, there are some traces of the religious doctrine of ancient Egypt. It was, he says, from the conjunction of the religious doctrines of Egypt, with the philosophic doctrines of Greece, that the Egyptian philosophy sprang which has left no other memorial than the books of Hermes, in which are to be recognised, under an abstract form, the ideas and tendencies which had before been presented under a mythological form.

Another comparison is that which he institutes between some of the Hermetic writings and the Jewish and Christian Scriptures, especially the Book of Genesis and the fourth Gospel, and the works of Philo and the Shepherd of Hernias. [1] "The advent of Christianity presents at first sight the appearance of a radical revolution in the manners and beliefs of the Western World. But history knows nothing of sudden changes and unanticipated transformations. To comprehend the passage from one religion to another, one should not contrast their two extreme terms--the Homeric mythology and the Nicene symbology. It is necessary to study their intermediate remains --- the multiple products of an epoch of transition, when the primitive Hellenism, under philosophical discussion, changed more and more by admixture with the religions of the East, which were then confused by advancing upon Europe. Christianity represents the latest terms of this incursion of Oriental conceptions into the West. It did not fall like a thunderbolt into the midst of an old world surprised and aghast. It had its period of incubation; and while it sought a definitive form for its doctrines, the problems, the solution of which it sought, equally preoccupied the minds of Greece, Asia, and Egypt. The ideas were already in the air, which became combined in every kind of proportion.

"The multiplicity of the sects springing up in our days can give but a slight notion of that astonishing intellectual chemistry which had established its chief laboratory at Alexandria. Humanity had put up to competition vast moral and philosophical issues --- the origin of evil, the destiny of souls, their fall and their redemption; the prize offered was the dictatorship of consciences. The Christian solution prevailed."

While all we can do is take their word, I have no doubt that these, like many other religious text have come from fragments of stories that have been diluted, corrupted and reinterpreted many different times.

Much like the game of "Chinese Whispers" or "The Grape Vine".

I guess for me the thing like I said earlier in the thread, is there is much the same in all the religious text on creation. Genesis, Hermes, the TaoTe Ching (which I have only read portions), The Torrah, they all just seemed to fit like a glove for me after reading Hermes.

Is it the root of all, I don't know, and to tell you the truth, that is as far as I might take it.

All they all BS? Could be. But if it brings one balance and "gnosis" that's good enough for me.

You know I am no expert on any of these, but It rang my bells for sure.

Honest, I think this might prevail in the near future as "The One World Religion".

And that raises some red flags in itself.

They say, a little knowledge on many things is poison for the mind. I might fall under this category. But I had one of those trance moments, you know the ones Frater, while reading this stuff. A revelation if you will.

edit on 30-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well, If what you are saying is that there used to be a universal way of understanding these things and Hermes' books may have been the last to lay it down then I agree that something like that is probably true.

But something seems to have gone horribly wrong. It just seems fundamentally wrong that we have forgotten all of this stuff and we all have to pick through the threads looking for a clue.

That is one of the things that has kept me hooked on Alchemy. It seems to be mostly free and clean of a lot of bull crap and keeps the aspirant narrowly focused on Nature.

So did I get you right on that one? Are you saying that after looking at so much, Hermes really ties it up for you and the monuments in Egypt corroborate this idea of Hermes' writings being a single source for everything we would now call religion?

I think I hear the crickets leaving.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think his books tie all the books we have today, occult included, and that was the revelation. It seems they are using those Egyptian monuments for the end all be all for everything.

Perhaps you are right, I tend to think this too, that the monuments were a fragment of the ancient past and all have twisted their interpretation as they see fit. But maybe Hermes was the closest and contained fragments. It is so hard to read from a modern web page without being a scholar on ancient Egypt and Theology and put all this together. In fact i have never even checked into the monuments for interpretations.

You have to admit that the overtones permeate through all right?

Perhaps they were not actually talking about languages that they scattered, but this? Mass confusion! How bout that??? I just thought of it.

Now I am getting confused.

Scattered fragments to put together.

Crickets are leaving.

But I am afraid that is all I have right now.

Edit~ Er yeah. They say the monuments back up Hermes.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'll Say this. "Let US Create Man In Our Image" always confused me since I was a kid. It made no sense.

It did after reading Hermes and the Tao Te Ching.

Together we call "them" the mystery.

Also way out on a limb here, after looking into Alchemy and realizing, at least I think, That Gold refers to spirituality the "spirit". Turn your lead spirit into gold. (Perhaps an elixir too as well).

Zechariah Sitchins (and the Bible Nephilim) Annunaki (The Watchers, the Fallen Ones) mining for gold took on a whole new meaning too.

THE mystic title of the celebrated Hermetic fragment with which this volume commences, "Koré Kosmou" that is, the "Kosmic Virgin," is in itself a revelation of the wonderful identity subsisting between the ancient wisdom-religion of the old world, and the creed of catholic Christendom. Koré is the name by which, in the Eleusinian Mysteries, Persephone the Daughter, or Maiden, was saluted; and it is also --- perhaps only by coincidence --- the Greek word for the pupil or apple of the eye. When, however, we find Isis, the Moon-goddess and Initiatrix, in her discourse with Horos, mystically identifying the eye with the soul, and comparing the tunics of the physical organ of vision with the envelopes of the soul; when, moreover, we reflect that precisely as the eye, by means of its pupil, is the enlightener and percipient of the body, so is the soul the illuminating and seeing principle of man, we can hardly regard this analogy of names as wholly unintentional and uninstructive. For Koré, or Persephone, the Maiden, is the personified soul, whose "apostasy," or "descent," from the heavenly sphere into earthly generation, is the theme of the following Hermetic parable

rex

Persophone was madness. I want you to think of a certain TV show that ran for years and years. One guy on one side of the hall, articulate, funny, smart, across the hall madness.

Also The PSP with the 8 sphere's - The Song he's got the whole world in his hands

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join