It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A truly terrifying storm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well I have lived in NC for 38 years now. I love thunderstorms. We always get a lot of storms, particularly squall lines, in the spring and some pretty good cells during the summer. We have tornado watches and warnings fairly often but even when one forms it is a very short duration and doesn't do much damage or the damage is very localized to just one block or so. What happened on Saturday is completely uncommon for this area. That was like a multidecade event for sure. I don't recall a time when so many tornados hit so many areas in NC on the same day. Even in Salisbury, well west of Raleigh, they had a stretch of hwy 601 get hit with over 200 trees down, and houses damaged, closing the road. When they passed through my area we were fortunate not to have any hail or wind damage.

Also about two weeks ago a squall line moved through our area and the storms were traveling at 70mph
. Just think if you were doing the speed limit on the interstate you couldn't catch the storm
. Wind gust were 90mph. This happened at 2 am in the morning. Scared a lot of people to be sure.
edit on 18-4-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

The HAARP website is still down, and now conveniently, its been removed from google search, About a week ago it was the 3rd/4th result from the top.......

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

I was responding to the comment about tornadoes being rare, not the synoptics behind this specific system

I agree it's unusual for such a system to cross NC. But not unknown. Simple fact is, the weather will always surprise it and, like it or not, there's nowt we can do about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
hey im in the piney green area just out side of jacksonville il take some pics as soon as i can and post them. one thing that pisses me off is that the costal dry cleaners makes the front page of the news here becuse a *rich* family owns it and there car fliped over big woop. now right a round the corner there is a whole trailer park destroyed and a bunch of other stuff peoples homes possessions in storage and bunch of other stuff and yet the media focuses on a dry cleaners down here wow just wow

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thank You for sharing and glad you are ok.

I feel there is more going on with these storms than Mother Nature,
and below are some links which provide excellent information regarding
HAARP rings and where they are directed. Every time the HAARP
rings appear, there are severe storms or tornados within 24 to 48 hours,
and they occur within the "center" of the directed rings.
There's usually updates daily on the storms and tornados, along with
information on earthquake activity and radiation levels etc, that's not in
the main stream media. All this information provides a heads up for our
awareness prior to the actual occurrence.

The Huge storm system that passed through recently shows HAARP
ring activity, and below are two links:

www.youtube.com.../u/31/JYHzQRxNdDI

www.youtube.com.../u/23/1mTgBFzuW68

The "North Carolina" HAARP ring is shown in this vid below:

www.youtube.com.../u/18/nEdtFvRXGoM

May all of you be well, and hang in there through these times.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hearing about the weather out there has been very interesting.. especially since this type of weather typically happens during summer months with lots of humidity involved.

There is no doubt whatsoever that there has been abnormal weather everywhere.
Here's a picture I took a three weeks ago upon returning to my car, I live in California.

Never... in my life have I seen chunks of ice this big falling from the sky in California. And just to give you an idea.. this was my car parked in a covered garage. Outside of this was much bigger pieces of ice, the sound was incredible as this storm passed with incredible speed. When getting in my car I noticed the temperature dropped 15 degrees in less than 15 minutes. I have never seen anything like this.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Are those storms and tornados along the New Madrid Fault??? Coincidence or is something about to burst it's bubble much??..............

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I live in southern Ontario and we had freaky storms this week-end as well. Both Saturday and Sunday. We had a centimeter of snow too, with winds so strong the house would rattle. Them it would die out and be beatifull. Then it would start all over again. Like I said...freaky.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Pacific North West reporting in,
Is is 2:30pm. Skies were blue in the morning until about 11am, then a big storm began building. The skies are now fully covered, and it looks like it is going to be a stormy night.

I had a very vivid dream of those tornadoes you are talking about, I had it about a year ago and I remember many tornadoes in the sky touching down!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cardicorona

yeah. im from nj. during a lacrosse game yesterday i stood in this freezing downpour for 3 hours. it was awesome.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I was at home in Birmingham, Alabama when they came over. Our area got hammered. I have never in my life seen so many tornado warnings at one time. I believe my mom counted 12 rotation signatures over MS/AL border. I walked out of my house and above was just black. The lightning was like nothing I have ever seen.

NOT a normal spring storm, even by Alabama's standards.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
"There were several cases of houses being totally demolished except for one room"

Wow!It's things like that,that make you believe in God!

Is it normal for tornados to hit Carolina?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cardicorona

Those storm systems were wicked. Lots of cities Northeast Oklahoma was actually in a tornado warnings and sirens were going off, wind was howling, dark clouds with loud thunder and a lot of cloud to ground lightning. I left my house and went to my grandmas because she has a storm shelter. I went outside for a minutes after I got there and you could actually see the giant funnel cloud rotating above the house. It was pretty scary, the funnel cloud didnt have enough power to drop a tornado but about 15 minutes later in another town it was powerful enough and it spouted out a tornado. Those were some of the craziest storms I have ever witnessed.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Definitely not normal. I'm in Virginia, lived here my whole life (40+) except for while in the Army. Never have we had a series of such strong storms sprouting tornadoes in this area. A hurricane coming thru this area is not even common, tho we do manage to get one or two every few years. BUT,,,,,nothing compared to the weather as of late.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm 48 (yeh i know old fart) and have lived in NC all my life.
I can tell you without a doubt that the weather round here is changing and not for the better.
Though i live in the western part of the state and was spared this one.
I have 99 Old growth oaks surrounding my house.
A truly beautiful place.
But now every storm scares the you know what out of me.
All i have to do is stand in my yard and look up when the wind blows hard.
Afraid one day my luck will run out!
But can't bring myself to cut them down.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i live on the coast of NC and saw lots of destruction and watched the front move off shore. i got some awesome lightening shots from it too. the pure raw power of nature is mind blowing! i love it!! i got to storm chase finally, althought i am sorry for the loss of life due to these storms

here are some of the lightening shots.
www.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I live in the Ohio Valley and have been wondering alot lately if the pole shift we kept hearing about could have thrown the weather off a bit.

My theory is that the Earth itself shifted and the clouds and atmosphere did not so maybe the storm that should have hit the side of a mountain somewhere is now missing the mountain.

I am no meteorologist and i dont know if this makes sense to anybody but it is my theory and i think im right

If someone can help me understand whether or not what i said is even possible i would appreciate it

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Google "Connecting the dot Earth's changes upon us".

Very good explanation as to what is going on world wide and why.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but brace yourself for more... It was 105 degrees today in Oklahoma. There's nothing strange about that...in July.

Something has changed in the weather pattern in the US. Does anyone remember the days when we all had our own seperate weather systems? It might be sunny in LA, snowing in Colorado, cold rain in Minnesota, etc. Recently, it seems as though every state is getting the same weather. That can't be good.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

In northeast oklahoma it only got up to 85. It didnt get past 95 anywhere in oklahoma dude. I live in oklahoma.
edit on 18-4-2011 by denytheignorance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join