It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: Time, Time Control and the Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+181 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I ask you both, why did these creators of the world suddenly wake up, after apparently having been asleep from time immemorial? Even if there was then no world, time must still have been passing. Time, I say, and not those periods of time which are measured by the number of nights and days in the course of a year. I admit that these depend upon the circular movement of the world. But from all eternity there has been an infinite time, unmeasurable by any periodical divisions. This we can understand from the analogy of space. But we cannot even conceive that once upon a time there was no time at all. (Cicero)

Is time travel possible? Indeed it is.
Is there any evidence for this? In fact there is.
Are we walking through time now? Hell, yes.

Truth is that you are certainly traveling through time this VERY instant. The light from the stars above you are being reflected into your eyes from BILLIONS of years past. Astronomers are actually observing amazing stellar explosions that occurred thousands of years ago. Not only that, but we are wrapped around with the Big Bang’s remnants; the Cosmic Microwave Background, which scientists believed occurred 13.7 billion years ago. Light contains quanta, “packets” of photons...which can carry information. As space expands, things dilute and cool including photons. But unlike matter, photons don’t slow down when they cool, as they are particles of light, and as we know that light travels at a fixed speed, they always travel at that speed. If the Big Bang is correct, there is thought to be 400 million of these CMB photons racing through every cubic metre of space. Indeed, they are the remnants of something that occurred 13.7 billion years ago which have been travelling through time.

Yes, those are all very well...but let us get onto the raw, nitty gritty stuff, which shows like Doctor Who and Heroes indicate. Travelling forwards and backwards through time, not getting any older, being able to land in any destination you want! If there’s anything you pick up from reading this thread, let it be this:

The ability to control time in both a forward and backwards direction is possible within the laws of our mathematics and physics in several ways. Furthermore, there are government funded research labs around the world which are developing several types of time control technologies.

In my 2nd part of ‘The Weird and Wacky World of Physics’, I thought I’d bring to you a part of this natural science that does indeed, however lightly, merge into the conspiracy theme. .well the time travel bit. Hope you enjoy it
I’m only a beginner in this...so if there’s anything wrong..feel free to correct me (which I think it’ll be a lot on this)
!

Part 1: Strings, Calabi-Yaus and Massless Blackholes
Part 2: Time, the First Time Machine and the Government
- What is Time?
- Methods of Time Travel
- Governments and Time Travel

What is Time?
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ab3ca7129a7.jpg[/pressimg]Time is a mystery...possibly one of the ultimate mysteries. It’s omnipresent yet scientists rarely take the time to reflect upon the nature of it. Some people actually believe that the speed of time is the basis of everything that exists. We all know how to measure time. It’s the tick tocking of a clock, the unfurling of a calendar or maybe the screechy whines of an alarm ...but what exactly are we measuring? From this, indeed we learn that time itself is a measurement. It’s all fair and well to go down the path of describing that there are 24 hours in a day, 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute and so on. Yet that is wrong. You’re only telling me what time is measured in...not actually what it is. Here is 14 Different Experts on Time and their opinions.

Time keeps passing yet we can’t actually hold it, study it or prod it. Time is a measured period. Time is of philosophical sense. Time is one of the fundamental quantities. But what actually is time? [pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f8a637c5ec7.jpg[/pressimg] All we know well, assume, is before the Big Bang, there was no space or time. We have accomplished the fact that space and time are two entities so closely interwoven that to speak of one is to speak of the other...motion affects time (which you’ll see in Special Relativity.) According to these theories, the concept of time depends on the spatial reference frame of the observer, the human perception and the measurement by instruments. Not only that but time will CHANGE...in a few hundred million years a day will be 25hrs...due to tidal friction slowing. It’s absolutely crazy. We perceive time to be an illusion...something not physical.

The Oxford dictionary defines time as ‘the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present and future.’ A sequence of events is what we define time to be. It’s a product of conscious intelligence. Let me ask you all a question...do animals have a concept of time? They are indeed aware of change, but do birds move from the North to the South because it’s November? Or do they move because temperatures are dropping, food supply is moving to the south and the nights are getting longer? Do they not respond to change based on their ancestors; their instinct which has been modified in to their genes or on their experiences? There are many mysteries to it though...and sometimes I think that time itself is an emergent concept. There’s something that causes time and space...they’re made of something else..that’s probably because I’m influenced by Brian Greene (god, I love that man.) I doubt this century or the next we’ll be able to understand time. It’s befuzzling! The universe always has tricks up its sleeve and I think time is one of it’s predominate ones.

So...what is time?
Beats me.
We don’t actually know for sure.

This guy below did a series called ‘The Wonders of the Universe.’ Brian Cox gives a great introduction to the general accepted view of time...and he does say ‘past’ hilariously.

Is Time Directional? The Arrow of Time
There are loads of theories that describe what time may be or how to interact it. Our conventional view is that time flows in one direction. But of course, theories may be proven wrong

1.Arrow of Time
Time appears to have a direction...yet the majority of laws don’t actually provide this arrow of time. The exceptions include the 2nd law of thermodynamics (spoken below), cosmological arrow of time (which points away from the Big Bang) and the radiative arrow of time(due to light travelling only forwards in time). In particle physics, there is a weak arrow of time (from CPT symmetry).

How does time work? That’s a massive question that has a lot of aspects to it and for that, let us bring entropy into it. This is a concept of ‘disorder’...it measures the ways in which a number of items can arrange themselves. For example, a packet of uncooked spaghetti has low entropy because it has a high disorder. When we chuck it into a pan of boiling water...it becomes tangled and therefore it becomes more disordered and so has higher entropy. We believe that the universe is an isolated system. Energy is conserved within it. So for the universe as a whole, energy is conserved and entropy must always increase. Small regions may experience a slight decrease in it but this is compensated for by other regions heating up and creating more entropy. The second law of thermodynamics states that entropy increases with time; things become more disorderly and therefore it is called the ‘Arrow of Time.’ Therefore it is a way to DISTINGUISH the past from the future. Therefore in this case, time is ONE-DIRECTIONAL.

2. Einstein’s Theories of Relativity
Einstein demolished time as an idea of a universal constant. He showed that the past, present and future are not absolutes. That indeed caused one of the largest rifts in science as we know it; the incompatibility of quantum mechanics and general relativity (which can now be solved using string theory). In the relativity theory, (if you want to read more about it..please move on to the second section and then come back here)....time is the fourth dimension, and believe it or not...there is no flow of time. His theories denote that time indeed is multidirectional....they define no real direction for time.

So why we do see only the forward motion of time?
We believe it’s because of the Big Bang. What we know off, it started the universe off with a tremendously high order and a “perfect” state of low entropy. Since the universe runs down through states of increasing disorder...closer to the equilibrium, where there is no flow of energy, the direction is defined.

3. Helical Time
However, contrary to the above, I’d like to briefly touch upon this, since I have indeed seen it numerous times around the board. Some actually believe in a thing called ‘helical’ time...basically its where time moves around and around in circles...and in some respects, it reminds me of Timewave Zero. The only difference here is that in timewave zero...it actually reaches an end point...in helical time...I don’t think it really does?

Air France Flight 447 - Timewave Zero Correlation
Timewave Zero - A Closer Look
Timewave Zero - A Countdown to Transition

The idea that time, history repeats itself and can actually be predicted? Well in some ways I can see the logic behind that. Look at processes, nature..and the universe itself...there seem to be endless cycles within it..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/000cdfe0dd87.gif[/atsimg]

Just an example of a model showing time movement; flowing forwards and backwards. Space here is just one axis to show it clearly. The laws of physics don’t explain why time always points to the future. It’s very mysterious why we have an obvious arrow of time. Although no laws restrict it, why does time not reverse?

Wait...What? Time DOESN’T exist?
While browsing the Internet, I came across a few startling articles actually pronouncing the fact that time, itself, doesn’t exist. It’s too much for mind...too much for me to comprehend! From what I’ve been reading, apparently time doesn’t exist, only as our own invention to keep track of changes...there is not a single event or situation where we can imagine a state that has a beginning or an end. Let’s take an example.

We say that, when a child is born, and it starts to breathe on its own, that’s a beginning. Well, there are lots of people who say the beginning was a lot earlier than that! Maybe when the child was conceived was the beginning, or when the couple first met, or when the couple were born. There really is no specific beginning, only a progression of events that led to the present event. Similarly there is no real end; only a series of changes which lead to a re-arrangement of conditions. When someone “dies” they stop breathing and their bodily functions cease, notably not all at once, but each in its own “time”. The physical components change into something else, maybe ashes, or wormfood, or fertilizer. But they go on, in a different form.

But of course, that is a philosophical sense. Scientifically speaking, the problem is that time may not exist at the most fundamental level of physical reality. Let’s take another example:

As Rovelli explains it, in quantum mechanics all particles of matter and energy can also be described as waves. And waves have an unusual property: An infinite number of them can exist in the same location. If time and space are one day shown to consist of quanta, the quanta could all exist piled together in a single dimensionless point. “Space and time in some sense melt in this picture,” says Rovelli. “There is no space anymore. There are just quanta kind of living on top of one another without being immersed in a space.”

As Rovelli describes it, “Time may be an approximate concept that emerges at large scales—a bit like the concept of ‘surface of the water,’ which makes sense macroscopically but which loses a precise sense at the level of the atoms.”

Does kinda work with my thoughts on time (it being a emergent concept)
It may be true, it may not...but this is exactly what physics is all about. Finding new ways of thinking about the world, proposing them and seeing if they work.

Methods of Time Travel
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. – Albert Einstein

Time travel isn't something we should postulate. It's happening NOW. Right in front of our very eyes. It holds such fascination to a range of people...and especially because of the countless amounts of books, movies and entertainment on it. What’s interesting in today’s century is that people are no longer speculating that time loops can exist, but are looking at ways to prove they exist, using observations. There are numerous stories on this: Inadvertent Time Travellers which triggered some fascinating responses. Forget Stargate my friends and watch this fantasy actually become a reality.

1. Einstein’s Theories of Relativity
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible – Albert Einstein
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9dcf6099064.jpg[/atsimg]

From the beginning, Albert Einstein showed a curiosity, a hunger that could not be satiated. For a man who had been thought to have speech difficulties, quit high school, and failed some college entrance exams...he found one of the most momentous discoveries to date. He answered the most puzzling question of all-time until that second, ‘What happens when you chase a beam of light?’ and then developed two of the greatest theories known to man.

Although Einstein was a scientific nobody when he published these theories, they were read by Max Planck (who at that time was working on black body radiation I believe) and it is perhaps because of his adoption of Einstein’s ideas that were accepted rather than sidelined. Planck saw the beauty in his equations, catapulting him to global fame. If anyone is interested in the papers he wrote, here’s a great project on it: Einstein's Paper Project

• Special Relativity

In 1905, Albert Einstein showed strange effects happen when things move very quickly. He found that:

1. The laws of physics are the same wherever you are. This means that an experiment carried out in a moving train will give the same results as when it is performed in a lab. Furthermore, if there were no windows on the train and it was moving at a constant speed, there is no experiment that you could do to see whether or not it was actually moving.

2. The speed of light is the same for everyone. The speed of light being the same wherever you are might not seem strange, but think about how we normally experience speeds. A ball thrown on a moving train will have a greater speed than a ball thrown with the same force by someone standing on the platform. This is because the speed of the train is added to that of the ball to give its total speed. But this isn't the case with light. If you measure the speed of the light produced by torches on a moving train and a stationary platform, you will get the same speed - the speed of the train doesn't matter. When you measure the speed of light it doesn't matter if you are moving or stationary, or if the source of the light is moving - the speed is always the same: 300,000,000 metres per second.

What does that imply? Well, put it lightly, watching an object approach light speed (approximately 300,000,000m/s) you will see it become heavier, contract in length and age more slowly. We don’t experience this because the speeds we are travelling at the moment are nothing compared to the speed of light. As we increase how close we are to it, the faster time goes by, the more we age and lengths shorten.
The object or the person moving at that speed WOULD NOT NOTICE either effect, it would just appear so to another view.

From this, Einstein delivered one of the most famous formulas through history:

E = mc²

It’s a way that objects are prevented from passing the light speed barrier. As the mass grows, an object would become infinitely large at light speed itself, making any further acceleration NOT POSSIBLE. And anything with mass cannot reach the speed of light exactly, but only APPROACH is, as the closer it gets the heavier and more difficult to accelerate it becomes.

And fear not; this isn’t JUST a theory. It has indeed been proved. Time dilation expressed the fact that clocks in different moving inertial frames may run at different speeds. This was indeed proved in 1971 by sending 4 identical atomic clocks on scheduled flights twice around the world, 2 flying eastwards and 2 flying westwards. Comparing their times with matched clock on the Earth’s surface in the US, the moving clocks had each lost a fraction of a second compared with the grounded clock...therefore proving special relativity. The equivalence of mass and energy were shocking, as were all the implications for time dilation and mass. Einstein’s special relativity was a radical departure from what had gone before. If you want to read on more about SR..here’s a great place to start: www.phys.unsw.edu.au...

• General Relativity

I thought I’d chuck this into here because it was such a huge, huge part of our scientific history even though it’s not really associated with time travel...got to love this chap..and it just makes the concept of relativity complete. He, Einstein, went even further. He incorporated gravity into his theory of special relativity. He proposed that all space and time communicate the gravitational attractive force through curvature, which revolutionised our view of space and time. It opened up a universe of black holes, worm holes and gravitational lenses. Ninety years ago, on 25 November 1915, Einstein published the gravitational field equations of general relativity, the so-called Einstein equations.

Imagine a person jumping off a tall building, or parachuting from a plane, being accelerated towards the ground by gravity. Einstein realised that in this state of free fall they did not experience gravity. They were weightless. We can recreate the zero gravity conditions of space exactly in this way, by flying a vomit comet (a passenger jet) in a path of a roller coaster. When the plane flies upwards the passengers are glued to their seats as they experience strong forces of gravity. When the plane tips forwards, they plummet downwards and the passengers are released from gravity’s pull and can float in the body of the aircraft.

Einstein recognised that this acceleration was equivalent to the force of gravity. Just as special relativity describes what happens in reference frames, moving at some constant speed relative to one another, gravity was the consequence of being in a reference frame that is accelerating.

After a few more intensive years of work, he came to the conclusion:

The medium that transmits gravity is space itself. Mass causes the space to warp around it. I’d like to further stress and emphasise the fact that it not only distorts space but TIME as well (ever so slightly). It also predicted that the universe is expanding (which it is thought to due to dark matter)

So yes, YOU are causing a very very very small dip in space and time. Don’t you feel so important?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edb13d63f4b1.jpg[/atsimg]

In general relativity theory, the three dimensions of space and one of time are combined into a four dimensional space-grid/metric. Because light speed is fixed, nothing can exceed it, when moving and accelerating it is the space time metric that distorts to maintain the fixed speed of light.

Since 1850, astronomers had been baffled by the behaviour of Mercury. Why? Because it’s orbit didn’t obey Newton’s law, changing by a minute amount. Observations show that there was an error by a width of a pin at 300 paces. Einstein showed that general relativity could account for this because Mercury is quite deep in the gravity field of the sun.

Our star distorts space-time into a gravity well shown below:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b75216a243e8.gif[/atsimg]
As the Sun moves against the background of fixed stars, the positions seem to move slightly...and that is because gravity is bending light. The light appears to come from a different direction.

General Relativity has some major consequences. It arises some incredible possibilities like antigravity (repulsive gravity), Van Stockum dust and wormholes. To read more and about it and find out why it’s so important to us, here’s a great paper to read through: www4.ncsu.edu...

A race is now underway to find ‘gravitational’ waves...it’s been predicted by general relativity that they are sent out from humongous stellar explosions. It’s quite difficult to detect because gravity is the weakest fundamental force we have. Also, just like the other gauge bosons out there (the force carriers)..we believe there is one for gravity...called the graviton. Very imaginative isn’t it? The first three forces come under the banner of quantum theory. Trying to marry G.R with quantum theory doesn’t seem like it’s going to appear anytime soon..maybe we’re going to have wait until the next century. To further read about relativity..here you go:
Light Cones, Michelson Experiment and such.. (For the advanced)
Relativity (Advanced)
Special Relativity (More Advanced)

Wormholes
Theorists have known about wormholes for over 70 years as Einstein put forward the G.R.T, which allows for the existence of it. I can separate wormholes into 2 categories; microscopic – they may determine the values of all the constants in all the laws of physics and macroscopic – they can provide a very interesting means of travelling backwards in time.

A wormhole may be turned into a time machine by keeping one mouth of the hole fixed with respect to distant stars, while moving the other. Time will flow more slowly at the moving mouth than at the stationary mouth...they will here experience time dilation. They can be further broken into inter-universe or intra-universe...both can exist in the same universe or in different universes.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5e599dcf6e3.jpg[/atsimg]

Problems? Wormholes, if they do exist may be extremely unstable. Stephen Hawking claims that wormholes may exist in quantum foam (thought to be the foundations of the fabric of the universe and it can be used to describe small distances...very, very, very small distances.) At this level, quantum fluctuations occur...things blink in and out of existence abruptly. They may be too small for a human to time travel through. May one day, we could capture and enlarge them? Another problem is thought that it’s very unstable...if any matter, even a single photon attempts to pass through, the wormhole will collapse upon itself. One way around this is thought to be exotic matter.

Wormholes do have some amazing applications though!

The scientists propose other possible applications, such as in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), where a wormhole device could be used to allow doctors to operate on a patient while simultaneously imaging the patient. Doctors could insert metal surgical tools into the tunnel area without disturbing the MRI machine's magnetic field.

Another example is an optical computer, where active components could be placed inside wormholes such as to not interact with each other and cause malfunctions.

Metamaterials for invisibility, while still in the very early stages of development, are already being researched. Last year, scientists from Duke University created a device that renders a copper disc invisible to observation by microwaves.

www.physorg.com...

Cosmic Strings and CTC
In my previous thread, I mentioned strings. Some scientists have suggested ‘cosmic strings’, the universe itself, is a time machine. Of course this is very hypothetical.

This can be achieved by pulling 2 cosmic strings together or stretching one string close to a block hole to warp enough to create a closed timelike curve (CTC). The object would follow a path where it’ll eventually end at its starting point. It arises from ‘frame dragging’ where a massive object/intense gravitational field moves and “drags” space-time along with it. This then means by using gravity to produce two cosmic strings...a spaceship can theoretically propel itself into the past. It would loop around the cosmic strings.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d8bd44b29a4.jpg[/atsimg]

For the very advanced, a bit more information on CTCs: www.its.caltech.edu...

Quantum Tunnelling
I’ve got to admit. I have no clue what I’m talking about here. Apparently quantum tunnelling is all about mathematics. It’s a wave coupling effect that occurs in quantum mechanics.

With the correct wavelength combined with the proper tunnelling barrier, it is possible to pass the signals faster than light...going backwards in time.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9eb029e1633.jpg[/atsimg]

BlackHoles
It’s said that we should be scared of what we can’t see...and indeed it’s true. Getting too close to one of these will mean a lot of pain. Inside a blackhole, the very fabric of the universe is collapsed into a point of infinite curvature’ a space-time singularity where the laws of physics do not apply. Some physicists believe that blackholes may be doorways to wormholes...shortcuts between distant points of the universe, time or even parallel universe.

But surely the journey to the singularity itself is meant to rip you apart?

Of course...but physicists believe that there is one type of blackhole that doesn’t do this..named the Kerr blackhole. A guy named Roy Kerr believed that if stars collapsed into a rotating ring of neutron stars (very very dense stars), their centrifugal force would prevent them from turning into a singularity. Now...that means the blackhole itself would be safe to enter without being torn apart by the infinite gravitation force at its centre.

Tipler Cylinder and Light
Take a piece of material 10xthe mass of the Sun, roll it into a thing, long, dense cylinder and start spinning it to a few billion revolutions per minute. Taaaaaadaaaaaa....you can time travel! The Tipler Cylinder is based upon Einstein’s GR...that a rotation of matter causes a distorting in space-time. This distortion can actually TWIST time around a rotating cylinder. With the right amount of mass and speed, a CTC can be created..and therefore you can time travel.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37114e47341d.jpg[/atsimg]

Recreate this but by using gamma and magnetic fields to warp time. The fields can be used to create circulating light beams to warp/loop time. This twists space...but as shown, space and time have a very close bond and thus we can twist time as well. This is actually being experimented but by using lasers...as you will see below!

Of course, there are many more out there. Below though is just a quick overview on the characteristics of some of these methods:

Although it's only limited at the moment, this accomplishment is massive. Think about what we could do in a few centuries! It's mind blowing. To think, we are now developing time control technologies is simply astounding. I’ve just brushed over a FEW methods that we could use. Feel free to research some more on them

Below give some characteristics of methods:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65c5f4566804.jpg[/atsimg]

Governments and Time Travel
Once confined to fantasy and science fiction, time travel is now simply an engineering problem. – Michio Kaku

The following is left to your own judgement. How much you believe it or not is up to you
Well this whole thread is to be fair haha. I didn’t think the governments would actually take this seriously. Apparently they are now funding research on time travel technologies. Below shows some active countries:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f08e7bbda49c.jpg[/atsimg]

Ronald Mallett
The First Time Machine. Ronald Mallet recently showed that a massive spinning neutral particle at the centre of a ring laser exhibits frame dragging, it will “drag” space and time.

Mallett believes he has found a way to make it happen. By trapping light inside a photonic crystal, he can cause it to circulate. The energy of the circulating light will cause the space inside the circle to twist, causing a gravitational force. This concept can be thought of as a spoon stirring a pot. The light is the spoon rotating around the inner rim of the pot. The space is the liquid being swirled by the spoon. As the space twists, it will coil the normally linear passage of time with it, spiralling the past, present, and future together into one continuous loop. It is this twisting of space and time that Mallett believes will make time travel possible.

Mallett and his partner at the University of Connecticut, Dr. Chandra Raychoudhuri, are seeking National Science Foundation funding for experiments that they hope will support their theories. Their first experiment will be to trap light in a crystal and observe the reaction of a neutron inside the circle. Mallett will insert polarized neutrons (neutrons that all spin in one direction) into the centre of the circulating light. If he sees a change in their spin he will know that space is indeed being twisted inside of the crystal. Should this experiment prove successful, the team will apply for funding to conduct studies to see if time bending is evident inside the circle of light.

Dr. Mark Silverman at Trinity College in nearby Hartford has suggested a possible way to see evidence of time bending: Two identical samples of a radioactive substance would be prepared with identical half-lives. One would be introduced into the time machine circulating in the same direction as the light, the other in the opposite direction. If, at the end of the experiment, one sample had decayed further than the other, Mallett's theories of time travel would be supported.

This project is underway...the only thing with this is the fact that you’ll only be able to time travel back to the place you turned this “machine” on.

The Philadelphia Experiment
One of the most well known stories about secret experiments in time is the Philadelphia Experiment. It’s thought that in 1943 the US Navy was conducting invisibility experiments aboard the USS Eldridge. The aim was to make the ship undetectable to radar. Yet there were rumours that while this was achieved, so was another. The ship itself, was thought to become invisible to the naked eye....it dematerialised in Norfolk Harbour and materialised in Philadelphia Harbour 24 hours later.
Apparently, 21 survived to die later of the 181 crew members, 40 died and 120 never came back...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28c9849edeee.jpg[/atsimg]

Here may be a few threads you may want to look at:
The Philadelphia Experiment, USS Eldridge and Project Rainbow
The Philadelphia Research Project
Taken from another thread: www.viewzone.com...

The Montauk Project
It was said that under the Montauk Air Force Station there was a massive underground complex where a project occurred where it would fine tune the Philadelphia Experiment..and take over where it left off. Furthermore, the conspiracy deepens that apparently the funding comes from Nazi gold, found in a train by USA soldiers. Talks speak off a cover-up where the train was destroyed and the soldiers involved were killed.

An extensive site of lists to look at

Nicola Tesla
Nicola Tesla...one of the greatest inventors to date. Here’s an extract I found which I thought was fascinating:

In my years as a military intelligence operative I came into contact with a number of top-secret programs that were either investigating, or, shockingly enough, actively using technology based on some of Tesla’s “wild” ideas. Both the United States and Russia have active Particle Beam and RF (radio frequency) weaponry that has been in operation since the early 1970′s – all as a result of Tesla’s early 19th and 20th Century experiments. To say that there are other black budget projects involving Tesla-based research would wildly underestimate the total amount of research and development being conducted right now by many countries worldwide. And these are the projects that we know about. Who knows how many deep, dark, secret projects are being conducted right now with science that could be decades, even hundreds of years beyond what civilian science knows today.

In 1895, while conducting research with his step-up transformer, Nikola Tesla had his first indications that time and space could be influenced by using highly charged, rotating magnetic fields. Part of this revelation came about from Tesla’s experimentation with radio frequencies and the transmission of electrical energy through the atmosphere.

With these experiments in high-voltage electricity and magnetic fields, Tesla discovered that time and space could be breached, or warped, creating a “doorway” that could lead to other time frames. But with this monumental discovery, Tesla also discovered, through personal experience, the very real dangers inherent with time travel.Tesla’s first brush with time travel came in March 1895. A reporter for the New York Herald wrote on March 13 that he came across the inventor in a small café, looking shaken after being hit by 3.5 million volts, “I am afraid,” said Tesla, “that you won’t find me a pleasant companion tonight. The fact is I was almost killed today. The spark jumped three feet through the air and struck me here on the right shoulder. If my assistant had not turned off the current instantly in might have been the end of me.”

Tesla, on contact with the resonating electromagnetic charge, found himself outside his time-frame reference. He reported that he could see the immediate past – present and future, all at once. But he was paralyzed within the electromagnetic field, unable to help himself. His assistant, by turning off the current, released Tesla before any permanent damage was done.

weirdsciences.net...

Does the Vatican Have A Time Machine?

A member, pianopraze brought this to my attention, which I thought I might as well share. I’ll leave it to your judgement:

Traces of Time Travelling?
Think about the large amount of objects that we have recovered or things that just don’t seem possible for the age? Could they have not been explained by time travel?
Let me show you some possibilities.

[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b554623280f.jpg[/pressimg]
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66a178f4d9b0.jpg[/pressimg]
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf7b227848ea.jpg[/pressimg]

• In 1885, a block of coal was broken open to find a metal cube worked by intelligent hands.
  • In 1912, employees at an electric plant broke apart a large chunk of coal and found an iron pot.
  • A nail was found embedded in a sandstone block from Mesozoic Era.
  • A human fossil print was found in limestone estimated to be 110 million years old.

Please remember, these are just a FEW.

To achieve time travel this would be absolutely incredible. Not only would we be able to travel through space...but TIME! I’ll leave you to think about the possibilities. Fear not all you science-nerds out there...Part 3 will go back to Physics

~BP94
edit on 16-4-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh boy, oh boy. I don't have the time to read this at the moment but I definitely will later. This looks very interesting.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

still chewing...... wow...... lots of info..

S&F clap clap clap

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Awesome post!

Excellent presentation!

Only have time to go halfway through in depth, and scan quickly through the last half...I know what I will be cerebrally chewing on tonight!

The concept of TIME has been one of my favorite mental playgrounds since I was around 4 years old, and I am looking forward playing on the jungle gym you have provided

S&F for you!

edit on 16-4-2011 by Elostone because: added additional accolades

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Great thread once again BP.

I'm about half way through it so far. Good job on what really is a fascinating topic.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
awesome thread you took all the theories of Time , Control and the Gov Nicely! BRAVO...

some of these theories I had learned before but you have brought us up to speed on what is possible and shown that over the 100 years or more there has been serious tests done in secret what we are seeing now with the private science are just in the infancy compared to what our Gov. has probably already achieved with space time control and Manipulation.

it still amazes me how this information has not been taught to everyone it has been hidden or written of as unexplainable,
makes me wonder what the Large hadron collider is really capable of

edit on 4/16/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
S&F (And a cookie for the Tardis picture
)

Very well written and a joy to read, the concept of time travel has always been a facination of mine
Incidently (and randomly) last night's dream involved it, well, someone trying to explain on a diagram about time travel and how to use two beams of energy to create it ... or something like that

Well done!

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Absolutely one of the finest posts I have read here. Great job and thanx! S&F.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
*APPLAUSE*
(if I could...)

Now that's a thread!
A plethora of information wrapped up in style.

Makes me wonder how we even grasp the concept of time.
Or how we describe it.
Or who 'invented it'.

I wonder if time was 'faster' in the beginning of the universe.
So much energy and velocity for particles to travel.
Just in the millisecond of the 'Big bang'.
Ahh theories...

And I for one don't think animals sense our idea of time.
To them, it's life, no boundaries.
They age, but with no real thoughts of days, years, etc...

That's awesome you included the Philadelphia experiments, too.
The 1940's were chalk full of experiments from all nations.
One of my favorite time periods.

And I take it you own the book The Elegant Universe.
Good read.

edit on 16-4-2011 by havok because: Added a few lines

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Loving this compilation of great info with your own narration.

Thanks. S+F

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
One of my favorite sayings is - "There's no time like the present. in fact there never was"
The Western cultures obsession with time has always been something that bothered me.
It's not surprising that India is leading the world in research on this as Asian cultures have a far different outlook on the basis of time and reality
This will be hailed as one of the finest threads ever produced on ATS, I have no doubt.
Fantastic work! I can't wait for your next installment.
Thank you very, very much

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There's a problem with time travel and I don't think some of these scientists have ever considered this problem. If you somehow travel through time and reach the past and decide to interfere with someone's life in the past, wouldn't it immediately change their life in present time? They could be doing something while you're disrupting their past and then suddenly everything around them changes, which in turn would change many different things for many other people this person has interacted with. Would they even notice it or would it just completely erase their memory and refresh it? It doesn't make any sense and it seems completely impossible. Time is not a physical entity and cannot be altered in any way. Space is also not a physical entity because it doesn't consist of anything. Space is an empty void of nothingness; absence of matter. If there's a "fabric of space" that is warped by massive objects, why do they always display it as a flat grid? What about the space surrounding the top of the star? Wouldn't it be warped up there as well? What about the space surrounding the middle of the star? What about the space in between the atoms of the star? It doesn't make sense. I find it more plausible to say that gravity is caused by the rotation of electromagnetic objects. The atoms that the objects consist of have electromagnetic fields around them and the attraction between those atoms and the atoms of another object can be increased when they are spinning at a high rate of speed. It doesn't make any sense to say that time and space are physical entities that can be distorted. Time is merely a conceptual, mathematical and philosophical measurement invented by humans. Space is the black and empty void of nothingness that all matter exists in. You can't physically alter a concept nor can you physically alter nothing (space).

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What about the European Countries, Canada and Australia? Could they have time travel research programs

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
A member, pianopraze brought this to my attention, which I thought I might as well share. I’ll leave it to your judgement:

Well.... I mentioned it in a thread you were in lol

Here is the Coast to Coast AM show I was referring to. It was one of Art Bells few apperances for all of you Art Bell C2C fans
For those of you like me with stream link, or I guess they call it insider account now, you can download it there, there are excerpts for free for everyone

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

as with all era's, scientist think they know everything and anyone speaking out, or researching projects that are considered unorthodox. are more than likely to receive ridicule over encouragement from their fellow scientist.

yet time and again its the lone scientist or explorer that proves the establishments wrong while opening up entirely new fields of science for us to explore.

Below is a list of scientists who were reviled for their crackpottery, only to be later proven correct. Today's science texts are dishonest to the extent that they hide these huge mistakes made by the scientific community. They rarely discuss the acts of intellectual suppression which were directed at the following researchers by their colleagues. And... after wide reading, I've never encountered any similar list.[1] This is very telling.

Arrhenius (ion chemistry)
Alfven, Hans (galaxy-scale plasma dynamics)
Baird, John L. (television camera)
Bakker, Robert (fast, warm-blooded dinosaurs)
Bardeen & Brattain (transistor)
Bretz J Harlen (ice age geology)
Chandrasekhar, Subrahmanyan (black holes in 1930)
Chladni, Ernst (meteorites in 1800)
Crick & Watson (DNA)
Doppler (optical Doppler effect)
Folk, Robert L. (existence and importance of nanobacteria)
Galvani (bioelectricity)
Harvey, William (circulation of blood, 1628)
Krebs (ATP energy, Krebs cycle)
Galileo (supported the Copernican viewpoint)
Gauss, Karl F. (nonEuclidean geometery)
Binning/Roher/Gimzewski (scanning-tunneling microscope)
Goddard, Robert (rocket-powered space ships)
Goethe (Land color theory)
Gold, Thomas (deep non-biological petroleum deposits)
Gold, Thomas (deep mine bacteria)
Lister, J (sterilizing)
T Maiman (Laser)

"Concepts which have proved useful for ordering things easily assume so great an authority over us, that we forget their terrestrial origin and accept them as unalterable facts. They then become labeled as 'conceptual necessities,' etc. The road of scientific progress is frequently blocked for long periods by such errors." - Einstein

Margulis, Lynn (endosymbiotic organelles)
Mayer, Julius R. (The Law of Conservation of Energy)
Marshall, B (ulcers caused by bacteria, helicobacter pylori)
McClintlock, Barbara (mobile genetic elements, "jumping genes", transposons)
Newlands, J. (pre-Mendeleev periodic table)
Nott, J. C. (mosquitos xmit Yellow Fever)
Nottebohm, F. (neurogenesis: brains can grow neurons)
Ohm, George S. (Ohm's Law)
Ovshinsky, Stanford R. (amorphous semiconductor devices)
Pasteur, Louis (germ theory of disease)
Prusiner, Stanley (existence of prions, 1982)
Rous, Peyton (viruses cause cancer)
Semmelweis, I. (surgeons wash hands, puerperal fever )
Steen-McIntyre, Virginia (southwest US Indians village , 300,000BC)
Tesla, Nikola (Earth electrical resonance, "Schumann" resonance)
Tesla, Nikola (brushless AC motor)
J H van't Hoff (molecules are 3D)
Warren, Warren S (flaw in MRI theory)
Wegener, Alfred (continental drift)
Wright, Wilbur & Orville (flying machines)
Zwicky, Fritz (existence of dark matter, 1933)
Zweig, George (quark theory)

Edison considered one of the greater scientist of his age at the time completely tried to smear Tesla's work going so far as to electrocute an elephant to prove how wrong Tesla was.
edit on 16-4-2011 by McTurbo because: added more to the post

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Really well presented thread. I've really never understood the concept of time. Thanks for the enlightenment. My brain is on fire. Time for bed.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
wow, i finally understand General Relativity, thank you Albert.E.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
5 posts and 71 flags?...how did you do that?

But time is very important to the meaning of life!

Why?

If you believe in god,then you have to ask yourself,why we were given time?Why do we live only for a short while then die?Why do we have a time limit?
edit on 16-4-2011 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Light doesn't always travel at a fixed speed: www.speed-light.info...

Other than that awesome post.

P.S
I personally think any scientist actively trying to build a time machine should be executed or drugged up so much they are borderline veggies. Time travel= too dangerous(Time Travel in the traditional sense).

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is why I love ATS. These topics that you never found in science books, or MSM. Thanks OP. S&F for you

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join