It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If i was the cop and I asked him to show me his I.D.,and he walked away from me like that,I would have thrown him down cuffed him,and booked him for failure to obey orders and acting like a fool in public

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This man was very lucky.These cops were very lenient.Most officers would have tasered him or worse for walking away and refusing direct orders.When a cop asks for I.d., he means show him I.d.,not walk away and start talking #.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"But don't let it be a black and a white one
Cuz they slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin out for the white cop"

-Ice Cube

Very relevant here I would say.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Perplexity because: Actually he MIGHT be hispanic, Dominican possibly.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
If i was the cop and I asked him to show me his I.D.,and he walked away from me like that,I would have thrown him down cuffed him,and booked him for failure to obey orders and acting like a fool in public

Wow...fine example of small-dickness. I pin the blue ribbon upon your chest.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

When we lose all rights, that will be a turning point against the aggressors.

link   
Haha typical cops to call back up when there is already about 4 cops there. I'll admit not ALL cops are bad.. BUT most are little punks. This video just keeps me speechless. And NOTHING will be done about it which is even more ridiculous.

link   
reply to post by fordrew

So you can get a citation or whatever just for having your bike on the sidewalk? Who on earth makes up these laws? And while they arrest the innocent passerby for cracking a joke, a REAL crime is being committed.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Failure to obey orders lmao? This is the streets of NY not the military sir, if you think this cop was right you have problems.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwareOfSurroundings
&& This my friends is exactly why I'm not going to college for Law Enforcement. I am going for Astronomy instead. Those types of cops are EVERYWHERE. It's absolutely disgusting.

Protect and serve my a**.

So you're not going to college for law enforcement because you witnessed an asshole? I'm pretty sure that witnessing an asshole doesn't make you one. If you feel so strongly about serving and protecting then why don't you become a cop and make that difference?

[[snip]]

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

telling a Joke making comments

Papers Please let me se your ID !!! ok your gonna get arrested Show ID
and still get arrested

You think this is bad you should see my thread !

Threats of Macing & Police Dogs ! all because a Passenger did not have ID !
and refuse to step out of a Van as he had nothing wrong and These Police were on Indian Native American Land (REZ)! that a Highway ran through ! just like my Area Im not sure about Virginia Law but New York State Law State Police have Very Limited Jurisdiction !
with in The Reservation ONLY Tribal Police

Virginia State Police; POLICE STATE ACTION on Akwesasne (Mohawk) Youth (Video), page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
And just because a Cop says let me see your ID doesn't mean you need to do it, that's BS too. If there's a legit reason then that is fine. But just because they're having a bad day and haven't been laid since '04 doesn't mean you need to pull out ID. Punk @$$ cops.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Anybody else find it sad that while the police are harassing this guy, you have a high & drunk jaywalker and they're paying no attention to him?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

your not a Virgina State police officer are you ?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Does anyone have any extra space, somewhere remote where I could help out,, with the garden, food gathering, general work around the ''compound'' farm,,, so that when these Nazi's come I will be Out of the Fricking City?

I have survival skills, I need to hone, and worked in the veterinary field for over 25 years or so,, am self sufficent as can be here in the suburbs.

I have got to get out of here,,, quick...
this is crazy,,, they are pushing the limits.
No one is fighting back,, the Laws work only for the crooks in the Elite 1%

This is a serious request,,,,,
Help !!! This is crazy,,, I am disconnecting from the Matrix,,,,

Sad Sad Sad

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If a cop asks me for I.d.,and i walk away,I expect to be thrown down to the concrete and cuffed.Its normal procedure.Why was he talking crap anyway?.For the posters who think you dont have to listen to a policemans orders,you are wrong,you do have to listen to the directions an officer of the law gives you.If you dont believe me,next time an officer pulls you over for a traffic stop and asks for your license,start talking crap and drive away.I guarantee you end up face to the concrete and cuffed.Good luck with your experiments you all and I will be awaiting the results.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Oh if it were only that simple. I grew up listening to these lyrics, seems like nothing much has changed.

NWA - F*ck the police

But don't let it be a black and a white one Cuz they slam ya down to the street top Black police showin out for the white cop

Black Cop - KRS ONE

Buck buck buck-buck-buck, buck-buck buck buck! All rude bwoy lissen up! Black cop!! Black cop black cop black cop Stop shootin black people, we all gonna drop You don't even get, paid a whole lot So take your M-60 and put it 'pon lock! Take your four-five and you put it 'pon lock! Lookin for your people when you walk down a block Here in America you have drug spot They get the black cop, to watch the drug spot The black drug dealer just avoid black cop They're killin each other on a East Coast block Killin each other on a West Coast block White police, don't give a care about dat Dem want us killin each other over crack Anyway you put it it's a black on BLACK Black cop black cop black cop Black cop black cop black cop Thirty years, there were no black cops You couldn't even run, drive round the block Recently police trained black cop To stand on the corner, and take gunshot This type of warfare isn't new or a shock It's black on black crime again nonSTOP Black cop!! Black cop black cop Black cop black cop black cop "Don't be the sucker.. Don't be the sucker comin into my face.. Don't be the sucker.." Here's what the West and the East have in common Both have black cops in cars profilin Hardcore kids in the West got stress In the East we are chased by the same black beast The black cop is the only real obstacle Black slave turned black cop is not logical But very psychological, haven't you heard? It's the BLACK COP killin black kids in Johannesburg Whassup black cop, yo, whassup?! Your authorization says shoot your nation You wanna uphold the law, what could you do to me? The same law dissed the whole black community You can't play both sides of the fence 1993 mad kids are gettin tense Black cop!! Black cop black cop black cop Stop shootin black people we all gonna drop You don't even get, paid a whole lot Take your four-five and you put it 'pon lock! Take your M-60 and put it 'pon lock! Take your uzi, put it 'pon lock! Black cop black cop black cop Black cop black cop black cop "Don't be the sucker.. Don't be the sucker.. Don't be the sucker.. Don't be the sucker comin into my face Don't.. don't be the sucker comin into my face Don't-don't-don't be the sucker comin into my face Don't-don't-don't-don't Don't be the sucker comin into my face Don't-don't, don't-don't Don't be the sucker comin into my face Don't-don't-don't! Don't be the sucker comin into my face with that yang-yang!"

Things that make you go hmmm.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Once again, police are POLICY ENFORCEMENT PERSONEL, they ARE NOT "law enforcement". They are enforcing CITY CODE and regulation. They do make up their own agenda as they go. They stopped being public "servants" back in the late 60's early 70's under the Nixon administration.

Like I have sadi so many times before, the only good cop is a dead cop.

Disclaimer!!!! What that means is that ALL good cops have passed on and are no longer walking the beat. I DO NOT mean to go out and murder an officer. I DO NOT condone the use of force on an uneducated policy enforcement officer or anything of the like. I wish to make this very clear.

Learn the game so you better know how to play it and win. YOU are not a part of the corporate society. The freeman movement is uneducated. Research the "strawman" and the Constitutional Contract. Learn the policies and WHO they apply to and how to operate within the commercial scope. Freeman do not do this, they want everything their way, but a true patriot will understand the corporate law and commerce game and play it to the best of his ability and win almost everytime. A true patriot DOES NOT offend nor does he act arrogantly and think the law does not apply to him. He KNOWS the STATUTES and code DO NOT apply to him but to his corporate fiction. Know HOW to be the acting agent and this type of actions will go away.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Im guessing the cops knew they were being filmed, otherwise he probably would have been laying face down on the concrete...for nothing.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'll say this as concisely as I can, and with all due respect to the opinions and feelings of those who disagree (so please don't interpret this as an indictment of anyone's views; this is just my opinion and feeling on the matter.)

I don't care whether they technically had legal justification, or whether they could technically argue this to be the potential genesis of a riot (since when is people standing around talking a "riot" anyway? But I digress...) I also don't care whether the police technically have the authority to demand to see an (in my opinion) innocent bystander's/commenter's identification (for no reason I can think of that wouldn’t have been utterly tangential to the circumstance here,) or whether one should - perhaps - in all “common sense” expect the response he received for not doing so.

I still disagree with it regardless. I will always disagree with it. They had the option of just calmly asking him to keep his distance and to not interfere, and for all they know, he could have simply done so. Nothing about his body language, manner, or words seemed threatening. He was continuing to walk away.

And that's about all I have to say about that. Again, all respect to those who disagree. Not looking for a debate, and not asserting any facts. These are just subjective, personal feelings.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join