It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here actually believes we are ALONE in the universe?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
I'll step up and be the brave soul. The Earth is PROBABLY only 6000 years old, and humans are probably the only intelligent life in the the universe. God created the earth and humans as part of some divine plan, a greater picture that has yet to be revealed to us, and is dealing with us at this moment in cosmic history.

I say probably, because even though I am a Christian, I am open to "other possibilities" Perhaps there are other creations out there, perhaps God even deals with them. Perhaps my entire belief system is wrong, but I am not here to debate apologetics, at least not yet.

I believe Biblical History goes back about 6000 years,although no one knows how long Adam and Eve were in the garden before the fall. I don't necessarily rule out that the creation days weren't actual days, they could be time periods, the earth could still be millions or billions of years old. I don't think if it was it auto rules out God or Christ. It certainly helps deceive people. But lately, maybe due to world events, I think the young earth position is correct, or at least the human history and God's creation and interaction with it is about 6000 to 10000 years old.

I think probably UFO's and aliens are demonic in nature and likely play a part in the biblical events before Christ's return to end this time period in cosmic history. They would easily help to fill the "great deception" the Bible speaks of in the latter days..

I think the NWO is also part of the coming antichrists' empire that will be ruling in the last days. I think at least some of the conspiracies spoken of on ATS are leading us right to that world government.

Before the flaming starts....I will say this. I am college educated, and while not a hard science major, am fairly well versed in basic scientific concepts. I believe that God gave us that said science to help us understand the world around us and HIm. In fact there is quite a bit of scientific evidence to point towards creationism. I suggest you at least investigate

www.icr.org...

. I also don't believe in Christ or theological concepts just because some preacher told me. I spent a great deal of time when I was younger studing the history of my faith and all the different positions to determine if I was "wasting my time" or not. So while most will call me foolish, or closed minded, I have looked at both sides of the coin, and made my choice. In fact I would find you just as closed minded if you don't sincerely investigate the claims of Christ. After all,. my belief in a loving God, who created each of us, and will return to defeat evil and save (and judge) humanity, is no more bizarre, strange, or closed minded then those that believe in greys from zeta reticuli in cohorts with reptiloids here to eat us thatt are actually disgised as NWO humans, and that nordics will arive to save us and take us to a higher plane......

Wow, soooo many topics to be refuted, but I will refrain. The one thing I want to ask you (right now) is...

How then do you explain dinosaurs?
edit on 16-4-2011 by FlawlessVictory because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlawlessVictory

I'll step up and be the brave soul. The Earth is PROBABLY only 6000 years old, and humans are probably the only intelligent life in the the universe. God created the earth and humans as part of some divine plan, a greater picture that has yet to be revealed to us, and is dealing with us at this moment in cosmic history.

I say probably, because even though I am a Christian, I am open to "other possibilities" Perhaps there are other creations out there, perhaps God even deals with them. Perhaps my entire belief system is wrong, but I am not here to debate apologetics, at least not yet.

I believe Biblical History goes back about 6000 years,although no one knows how long Adam and Eve were in the garden before the fall. I don't necessarily rule out that the creation days weren't actual days, they could be time periods, the earth could still be millions or billions of years old. I don't think if it was it auto rules out God or Christ. It certainly helps deceive people. But lately, maybe due to world events, I think the young earth position is correct, or at least the human history and God's creation and interaction with it is about 6000 to 10000 years old.

I think probably UFO's and aliens are demonic in nature and likely play a part in the biblical events before Christ's return to end this time period in cosmic history. They would easily help to fill the "great deception" the Bible speaks of in the latter days..

I think the NWO is also part of the coming antichrists' empire that will be ruling in the last days. I think at least some of the conspiracies spoken of on ATS are leading us right to that world government.

Before the flaming starts....I will say this. I am college educated, and while not a hard science major, am fairly well versed in basic scientific concepts. I believe that God gave us that said science to help us understand the world around us and HIm. In fact there is quite a bit of scientific evidence to point towards creationism. I suggest you at least investigate

www.icr.org...

. I also don't believe in Christ or theological concepts just because some preacher told me. I spent a great deal of time when I was younger studing the history of my faith and all the different positions to determine if I was "wasting my time" or not. So while most will call me foolish, or closed minded, I have looked at both sides of the coin, and made my choice. In fact I would find you just as closed minded if you don't sincerely investigate the claims of Christ. After all,. my belief in a loving God, who created each of us, and will return to defeat evil and save (and judge) humanity, is no more bizarre, strange, or closed minded then those that believe in greys from zeta reticuli in cohorts with reptiloids here to eat us thatt are actually disgised as NWO humans, and that nordics will arive to save us and take us to a higher plane......

Wow, soooo many topics to be refuted, but I will refrain. The one thing I want to ask you (right now) is...

How then do you explain dinosaurs?
edit on 16-4-2011 by FlawlessVictory because: (no reason given)

Star for you sir!

See, religion just doesn't add up like Science does ( which actually deserves capitalization!
)
edit on 16-4-2011 by Skate because: Religion makes me

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
which actually deserves capitalization!
)
edit on 16-4-2011 by Skate because: Religion makes me

LOL, yeah that made me chuckle...well played!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
i believe no aliens have visited... and its all a bunch of lies so far on here
goverment crafts ? 1 thing is for sure... ud think if they want to help us they would make it a lil more easy on ppl and show themselfssssssssssssssssssssss

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonathonwoodsfansite
i believe no aliens have visited... and its all a bunch of lies so far on here
goverment crafts ? 1 thing is for sure... ud think if they want to help us they would make it a lil more easy on ppl and show themselfssssssssssssssssssssss
Well "God" wants to help us no?

Why does he not show himself?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlawlessVictory

The dinosaurs are one of the subjects that have often kept me in the old earth viewpoint. I recently just watched a program called "Dragons or Dinosaurs" (it was on netflix). It actually gives a postulate that dinosaurs and early man coexisted. There are also a minority of geologists and paleontologists that are reexamining the dinosaurs and the possibilities of their die off being only within the last 10,000 years,. I am not saying I buy it, but the program was very interesting, and lined up with a Biblical timeline of a 6 to 10000 year old earth.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I am 100% believe that there a intelligent lives, superior civilizations, god-like being out there in the universe.
Have they ever visited Earth ?

I DO NOT KNOW.

Do I believe all the BS from believers and debunkers ?

HELL NO.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

reply to post by FlawlessVictory

The dinosaurs are one of the subjects that have often kept me in the old earth viewpoint. I recently just watched a program called "Dragons or Dinosaurs" (it was on netflix). It actually gives a postulate that dinosaurs and early man coexisted. There are also a minority of geologists and paleontologists that are reexamining the dinosaurs and the possibilities of their die off being only within the last 10,000 years,. I am not saying I buy it, but the program was very interesting, and lined up with a Biblical timeline of a 6 to 10000 year old earth.

That doesn't explain anything.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Solomons

of course the size works against these intelligent life forms ever coming in to contact with one an another as well.

Exactly! Now of course "alien tech" magically negates that fact. But in reality, we live in a universe governed by the laws of physics. Yes, aliens might have different materials and power sources, but they are still subject to the laws of nature.

Traveling between galaxies just doesn't seem possible to me.

Radio signals would be my best bet for contact. The sad fact about that is, by the time we hear it, that civilization will probably have been gone for eons.

Simple life, in my opinion, abounds in the universe, complex intelligent life would be more rare but still possible.

Until we can find proof that the laws of physics can be bent, I'm saying no to visitation.

Even if aliens did have the tech to pretty much travel across the galaxy instantly or in a few hours etc That still does not address the issue of time and the scale of the universe, there are a heck of a lot of planets out there....earth has been around for 4.5 billion years, animals around 600 million and humans around 150,000 years, we have only been here a tiny and insignificant amount of time in geological terms. So while we could take a large leap and say that aliens have visited earth, you would have to take an even larger one to suggest it was when humans were around...or even simple animals. Of course i subscribe to the theory that intelligent life capable of traveling the universe would likely just create self replicating artificially intelligent probes to do the job, trillions upon trillions of them searching,replicating and beaming back information to the alien civilization who built them...hell lets go all out and say that perhaps the aliens would simply upload their minds on to some of these probes...we are not far away from being able to upload/download the human mind so it's not that far fetched.

Oh and just to make it clear i believe that ufos(seemingly intelligently controlled objects/craft that surpass any known technology in terms of speed, maneuverability,acceleration etc) are completely terrestrial and completely man made. The alien aspect is simply disinformation.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Oh and just to make it clear i believe that ufos(seemingly intelligently controlled objects/craft that surpass any known technology in terms of speed, maneuverability,acceleration etc) are completely terrestrial and completely man made. The alien aspect is simply disinformation.

Except one thing, these UFOs COMPLETELY bypass any laws of physics we are accustomed too. If I were a government and I created a really sick new form of transportation, I'd be telling the WHOLE WORLD about it!!! Wouldn't you? There is no reason not to. There would be so many business propositions I could make, including being able to travel through space from planet to planet with passengers. People would love it and business would be a-BOOMIN'!

So that's why most of these UFOs are NOT manmade because we don't understand how these things work and it just doesn't fit in with our laws of physics.

EDIT: Explain how these are man-made with technology that WE DON'T EVEN HAVE.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Skate because:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Because i know humans exist, i know black projects exist. I can't say for a fact that aliens exist in the universe as no concrete evidence has been shown that they do(even though the size of the universe suggests it is likely)....going even further on that point, there is no concrete evidence for even basic alien life like microbes, never mind complex life...intelligent life and then intelligent life that can traverse the universe, and then said aliens visiting earth...and then visiting in the extremely small time frame we have been around. You have to make many leaps of faith to arrive at the alien hypothesis while the terrestrial and man made does not. And where exactly do these craft break the laws of physics?...many sci-fi concepts and marvels are possible in todays physics, we simply don't have the materials/technology and ability to generate the amounts of power needed to turn that physics in to reality.....or so we are told.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I'm sure there are ETs out there and I've never really met anyone that actually believes we're all alone. It's really difficult to guess something like that. Chances are we're not alone. Have we been visited before? Perhaps. truth is, there's no way to tell. Not with hard evidence anyway. It would be nice to know we're not alone but in our corner of the universe, so far we've seen no sign of a civilization or intelligent signal so...guess we'll have to keep waiting.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Forget all "mathematical proof" about other intelligent life in the universe.
It is useless.

We are ALONE in the whole universe.
No physical aliens were ever here on planet earth.
However crop circles are real, and we have been visited, and are still visited,
by non-body energetic intelligences. However most of them are not of God.

Yes, the whole world is far younger than science wants us to believe.
Believe in Jesus Christ and by the grace of the Holy Father, he shall enlight
you by the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of Truth, and he shall reveal all
things to you, so that there may be no secrets anymore, and that your
doubts and false beliefs may be exchanged for wisdom and knowledge.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
To answer the OP:

- I believe the earth is about 4.5 Billion years old.

- I believe that intelligent ET life almost certainly exists elsewhere, due to the vastness of the universe (I say "almost" certainly, because we haven't met them yet, therefore I don't have 100% proof).

- I have no idea if those ETs have visited the Earth. There doesn't seem to be any solid evidence to suggest they have done so.

As to the question of whether we are alone or not, we may virtually be alone, even if other ET life exists out there. What I mean is this...

...if you were stuck on a desert island by yourself, with no chance of rescue, no chance of escape, and with no one else ever visiting the island, you would consider yourself to be ALONE, even if you knew there is a whole world with 7 billion other people beyond the shores of your island.

Even if the aliens exist, but no aliens ever visit the Earth, plus we humans have no current method of leaving the Earth to meet those aliens, then we would be as "alone" as you would be on that island.

edit on 7/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
We could very well be alone when it comes to carbon based lifeforms.Science has always tried to find life in space under earths conditions,this is an arrogant practice.If we exist then other things have an equal chance as well.Our biology is limited to earths environment.Why should we try to associate our standards of life when different laws of nature apply to each planet?

i have seen beings that were not human, they were seen by other people and cats and dogs.
so no we are not alone.
and they did not follow our laws of physics.
one i could hear(rapid beating of air) had an earthy smell, and was attacked by a cat before going through a wall.
defies laws of physics as i know them.

but my impression was that they were from a different dimension, whether ETs or Spirit, that would be up to cultural interpretation.

none gave me any message, no one was injured(a few had mental issues(hysteria), no blood, no one dead, no Hollywood story.

the world has to be much older than 6,000 years old, unless you deny geology and archeology.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Lets say you might as well be alone for all the good down to Earth work that has
been corrupted by the technological cartels and international bankers.

They fill us with mystery and marvel of the universe with new puzzles every
day but can't explain a thing. What a useless bunch of 'got to be a name
for them somewhere' that direct us away from the knowledge we deserve.

Lets have a universe with full science disclosure whether alone or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Religious "nutts" were the first ones to believe in ETs and UFOS. The bible is full of beings not of this earth, that they like to call it something else is a different topic all together.

Texts like the Bible which seem be be shat on in this thread talked about un earthly beings and UFOS long before science even acknowledged it. Science has been way behind on this.

To top it off the way UFOS and ETS operate has not even been completely understood by science... Yet religion is said to be behind at least religion acknowledged ETS and UFOS first...

If you read the Bible it says to dominate the earth... not to just to explain every by saying GOD DID IT DERP

too many uninformed twits on these boards.
edit on 11-4-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We are definitely not alone. However, what aliens claim to be and what they seem to be are two different things.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join