It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here actually believes we are ALONE in the universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Honestly....I don't think humanity will unite unless there is discovery of other intelligent life. I think it is the human thinking that there always needs to be an enemy, a belief, or a threat of some sort to fight.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I believe that there are other lifeforms,but they,ve not been to our planet yet!.But would Like to see sum thing in my lifetime,but I doubt it!!?!!

edit on 15-4-2011 by cut3ypie because: spelling!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Solomons

of course the size works against these intelligent life forms ever coming in to contact with one an another as well.

Exactly! Now of course "alien tech" magically negates that fact. But in reality, we live in a universe governed by the laws of physics. Yes, aliens might have different materials and power sources, but they are still subject to the laws of nature.

Traveling between galaxies just doesn't seem possible to me.

Radio signals would be my best bet for contact. The sad fact about that is, by the time we hear it, that civilization will probably have been gone for eons.

Simple life, in my opinion, abounds in the universe, complex intelligent life would be more rare but still possible.

Until we can find proof that the laws of physics can be bent, I'm saying no to visitation.

Try to stretch your mind sometimes and think beyond what our science knows for now. If space can be bent, space travel to different galaxies will be easy. If there are indeed different dimensions, then ETs can easily visit us with them coming from a different dimension that we cannot perceive.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Honestly....I don't think humanity will unite unless there is discovery of other intelligent life. I think it is the human thinking that there always needs to be an enemy, a belief, or a threat of some sort to fight.

I think this is because our history has been all about a competition for resources.

If we had interstellar travel though, it would basically translate to infinite resources. With that, it could drastically change our entire nature as a species, and our outlook. We just might see that Star Trek ideal where money has lost use, etc. and people do what they enjoy.

Although, something tells me it wasn't the Enterprise's janitor's dream to clean up transporter accidents, but hey, how do I know?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
Hello y'all, Skate again with a question. I've seen many around here who believe in ETs, just like me, and then those who don't believe we've ever been visited in the past, and/or now. That leads me to wonder, who on ATS actually believes all that, what I call NONSENSE, that the world is only 4,000 years old and that we are actually alone in this whole universe. You'd have to be a religious nut to believe that really. I'm not trying to call anybody names.

I would just like to get an idea of who actually believes this.

Thanks!

This is an easy one man. Throughout human history we have had doubters. Flat Earth is one way overused example. Just look up in the sky! What does your unbiased heart tell you? It is logical to assume that there are many "aliens" out there. It is also logical to assume that UFOs are aliens.

It is just hard for the human mind to accept. They are too busy with their jobs, significant others, kids, or installing granite counter tops in their kitchens lol. They don't seem to understand that others want us to succeed. If we continue to bury nuclear waste in our soils and pollute our oceans and skies then we know intuitively that we won't succeed.

Logically speaking. Don't forget. Planet Earth is HARD TO REPLACE. If this is "an experiment," we are the easiest things to "replace" to "start over."

When will human beings stop being so submissive and wanting to play the victim? It's clear the UFOs could kill us if they wanted but they don't. Why?

Because we have a deep connection to them. All life has a deep connection to the source. And it is quite compatible with string theory and using the "compact dimensions" angle we see a real possibility for a "spirit world" that so much modern day ufo folklore speaks of.

Certainly modern science tells us that the universe was born of energy. There was no "matter" to speak of. Matter is condensed energy. Ok sure alot of physicists would debate that last sentence because it's a bit philosophical. But the point is that human beings are likely "virtual bodies" who inhabit a "virtual universe." Surprise. And since we are all conntected in the 5th dimension by what (IMO) would call an "extended mind," the aliens wonder why we are always so scared. They want to get to know us and help us with our struggling civilization. But first people must realize their true self and start acting like it. It does not good to "write God bless" on our stuff if we pollute and pollute out of individual materialsitic uber needs until our planet is a mess.

Remember the lesson from 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY. What was the significance of that movie? That there is a "spark" in us that survives death. That knowledge is what turns mankind into a "star child."

Also... remember the OTHER LESSON from the same movie. "Man nearly kills himself with his own machine." Except in our case it's our pollution orientated technology...

People who don't believe in aliens are either in denial or probably not very well read in many disciplines. They'll be proven wrong before the turn of the century. I'm calling it out now.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

True....I hadn't thought of that...the more people have the less they tend to fight over it, however, don't you think that our difference in beliefs and our desire to be "the best" or "the leader" or the "one in control" would fade with unlimited resources?

Humans are pretty competitive by nature. I would think that we would just learn to colonize other planets and divide ourselves again like we did with countries, just in a larger area. Would you think that all human kind would come together and treat all as equal if we develop enough to visit other galaxies and find no other life? Or would we be the same just in a larger area?

I think most would be more likely to come together over a possible threat that is not human. Especially if they were far more advanced than us.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just for the think of it, life in the universe has to have a beginning, surely it's possible that we are that beginning and due to that we are alone?

Although, I personally believe there is life elsewhere in the universe, though I don't believe they've visited us yet.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Originally posted by Skate
You think that ALL of them are lying?
I hate to say it but it sounds like you're very stuck up when it comes to many confessions proving that most UFOs are of ET origin.

No, I don't think they're lying. Just mistaken.

You make the typical believer mistake of believing Unknown=Alien Spacecraft. It is a logical fallacy when there is absolutely nothin to back it up or even suggest it is true. Unknown means unknown. Fact is many unknowns have become knowns when more information becomes available. In no case has more information turned an unknown into an alien spaceship.

Well then tell us what we are seeing moving intelligently, stopping in motion, and shooting up into the sky straight up. It can't be anything else than that. Oh, and UFOs being chased away and disappear really fast right in front of the people's eyes who are FLYING their jets!!

Think about it, man.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Other life forms must execist, look at the size of the game its perplexing, however one thing comes to mind from time to time, maybe we are the first to reach this level of cognizance with regards to science, physics etc. Think about it, why could'nt we be?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cut3ypie
reply to post by Skate

I believe that there are other lifeforms,but they,ve not been to our planet yet!.But would Like to see sum thing in my lifetime,but I doubt it!!?!!

I guess you assume that our evolution was simply based on evolution.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
This is basically the same question i asked a few years ago on here..

What If We are Alone??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a few discussions were had , quite interesting

Git

edit on 15-4-2011 by completenuttergit because: (no reason given)

Indeed, your questions have merit, but see how social intellegince has moved and you have your answer. The seed was planted way before the internet was made public, its purely maturing.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't think we're alone... I agree with the Drake equation which suggests that the univers is possibly teeming with life and other intelligent species.... I just think our "intelligent" neighbours are so far away that it's unlikely we willl ever talk to or meet them!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
My opinion. The universe does not revolve around humans.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
To the OP.

I believe that there are indeed "ufo's" in the sense that there are advanced craft that we don't know about. In most, if not all cases it's the USAF or NASA or both. Hitler and his Nazi group did actually work on the "saucer" without any real use from it. However, if this was back in 1941 or so, so we can assume with relative good accuracy that SOMEONE did work on this obtained info once the Nazi's were infiltrated. The byproduct from actually getting these mechanisms to work would be too much for any politician to say no to, and I believe "they" (being the US) used some of the Nazi Engineers to gather enough info to recreate what they started, and to elaborate upon it.

The chance that "little green men" or "draconians" are visiting this planet are slim to none. If you had free roam of space, would you come here? IF they do or did, they were/are only here for a pit-stop or a expedition of sorts. Not too many planets with life out there, relatively, so a visit might not be out of the question. With the aliens superior technology taking samples and learning about us or the other life on this planet would likely be a cakewalk to them.

But of course there are "Aliens" somewhere out there. ...We're here aren't we? Proof enough for me.

edit on 16-4-2011 by Amperage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Personally I absolutely believe we are not alone, however I also have thoughts that just because there is more than likely intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, it does not neccisarily mean they are more advanced than us. Perhaps the atmosphere where ever they are has not allowed to advance or evolve like us. It could be possible that they are in what we called the Renaissance and just begging to ask the questions of the universe. It could be possible that we are the advanced intelligent life and other places where life is just do not yet have the means or technology to communicate with us.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Most likely, there is intelligent life somewhere in the universe. However, it doesn't necessarily have to exist, which doesn't mean that it is a religious belief, just that it will always be a possibility until conclusive evidence is discovered/provided. The chances, seen from human perspective, does say that there is a greater chance of their existence than not.

However, can we also say that we know everything already? That our models of biology and physics are correct, and universal? Do we know everything about everything to conclude exactly how life can begin and grow, up and perhaps beyond intelligence? I think not. Unfortunately, the only thing we got to work with is our own planet and our own biology, so unless we find at least some bacteria or something on Mars or Titan (or elsewhere), the question will always be inconclusive.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I often feel like I am alone in the Universe.
Deep in my soul, however, I know there is someone out there... waiting for me.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'll step up and be the brave soul. The Earth is PROBABLY only 6000 years old, and humans are probably the only intelligent life in the the universe. God created the earth and humans as part of some divine plan, a greater picture that has yet to be revealed to us, and is dealing with us at this moment in cosmic history.

I say probably, because even though I am a Christian, I am open to "other possibilities" Perhaps there are other creations out there, perhaps God even deals with them. Perhaps my entire belief system is wrong, but I am not here to debate apologetics, at least not yet.

I believe Biblical History goes back about 6000 years,although no one knows how long Adam and Eve were in the garden before the fall. I don't necessarily rule out that the creation days weren't actual days, they could be time periods, the earth could still be millions or billions of years old. I don't think if it was it auto rules out God or Christ. It certainly helps deceive people. But lately, maybe due to world events, I think the young earth position is correct, or at least the human history and God's creation and interaction with it is about 6000 to 10000 years old.

I think probably UFO's and aliens are demonic in nature and likely play a part in the biblical events before Christ's return to end this time period in cosmic history. They would easily help to fill the "great deception" the Bible speaks of in the latter days..

I think the NWO is also part of the coming antichrists' empire that will be ruling in the last days. I think at least some of the conspiracies spoken of on ATS are leading us right to that world government.

Before the flaming starts....I will say this. I am college educated, and while not a hard science major, am fairly well versed in basic scientific concepts. I believe that God gave us that said science to help us understand the world around us and HIm. In fact there is quite a bit of scientific evidence to point towards creationism. I suggest you at least investigate

www.icr.org...

. I also don't believe in Christ or theological concepts just because some preacher told me. I spent a great deal of time when I was younger studing the history of my faith and all the different positions to determine if I was "wasting my time" or not. So while most will call me foolish, or closed minded, I have looked at both sides of the coin, and made my choice. In fact I would find you just as closed minded if you don't sincerely investigate the claims of Christ. After all,. my belief in a loving God, who created each of us, and will return to defeat evil and save (and judge) humanity, is no more bizarre, strange, or closed minded then those that believe in greys from zeta reticuli in cohorts with reptiloids here to eat us thatt are actually disgised as NWO humans, and that nordics will arive to save us and take us to a higher plane......

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
I'll step up and be the brave soul. The Earth is PROBABLY only 6000 years old, and humans are probably the only intelligent life in the the universe. God created the earth and humans as part of some divine plan, a greater picture that has yet to be revealed to us, and is dealing with us at this moment in cosmic history.

I say probably, because even though I am a Christian, I am open to "other possibilities" Perhaps there are other creations out there, perhaps God even deals with them. Perhaps my entire belief system is wrong, but I am not here to debate apologetics, at least not yet.

I believe Biblical History goes back about 6000 years,although no one knows how long Adam and Eve were in the garden before the fall. I don't necessarily rule out that the creation days weren't actual days, they could be time periods, the earth could still be millions or billions of years old. I don't think if it was it auto rules out God or Christ. It certainly helps deceive people. But lately, maybe due to world events, I think the young earth position is correct, or at least the human history and God's creation and interaction with it is about 6000 to 10000 years old.

I think probably UFO's and aliens are demonic in nature and likely play a part in the biblical events before Christ's return to end this time period in cosmic history. They would easily help to fill the "great deception" the Bible speaks of in the latter days..

I think the NWO is also part of the coming antichrists' empire that will be ruling in the last days. I think at least some of the conspiracies spoken of on ATS are leading us right to that world government.

Before the flaming starts....I will say this. I am college educated, and while not a hard science major, am fairly well versed in basic scientific concepts. I believe that God gave us that said science to help us understand the world around us and HIm. In fact there is quite a bit of scientific evidence to point towards creationism. I suggest you at least investigate

www.icr.org...

. I also don't believe in Christ or theological concepts just because some preacher told me. I spent a great deal of time when I was younger studing the history of my faith and all the different positions to determine if I was "wasting my time" or not. So while most will call me foolish, or closed minded, I have looked at both sides of the coin, and made my choice. In fact I would find you just as closed minded if you don't sincerely investigate the claims of Christ. After all,. my belief in a loving God, who created each of us, and will return to defeat evil and save (and judge) humanity, is no more bizarre, strange, or closed minded then those that believe in greys from zeta reticuli in cohorts with reptiloids here to eat us thatt are actually disgised as NWO humans, and that nordics will arive to save us and take us to a higher plane......

I'll say this and I'll only say it once more...

Although almost EVERY religion holds strong and good morals to live by, it is still used to brainwash the mass. It's the perfect way to cause tension between the religious people and the people who believe in, not only normal life but, intelligent life outside our planet. What goes on at conspiracy websites is what the Government wants to happen so that the minority who believe in the real truth, are considered nuts and loony.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cut3ypie
reply to post by Skate

Oh, you will. In this lifetime, saying that if the world really doesn't end on 2012, then you will most definitely wake up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join