It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here actually believes we are ALONE in the universe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hello y'all, Skate again with a question. I've seen many around here who believe in ETs, just like me, and then those who don't believe we've ever been visited in the past, and/or now. That leads me to wonder, who on ATS actually believes all that, what I call NONSENSE, that the world is only 4,000 years old and that we are actually alone in this whole universe. You'd have to be a religious nut to believe that really. I'm not trying to call anybody names.

I would just like to get an idea of who actually believes this.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I would hate to be alone in the universe. Knowing humans can never work together to progress. Of course we need time to see if we can find the aliens. I would like to see humans in ET's shoes.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
I would like to see humans in ET's shoes.

That could take possibly more than 100,000 years to achieve!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Universe is big, and so big than there big quantity of chances that we are not alone in the universe. We have to stop to focus on our existence, centralise the humanity.
I think people doesn't want to admit that we are not alone because they don't want to know a "race" more advanced than our.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

who on ATS actually believes all that, what I call NONSENSE, that the world is only 4,000 years old and that we are actually alone in this whole universe

Well what are you actually asking? If we think the world is 4,000 year old?

No, only an idiot would think that as we can date things in my back yard farther back than that.

Are you asking if we believe in the possibility of alien life out there?

Of course, the universe is vast and old and there's no reason to think we're special.

Are you asking if we believe intelligent aliens are visiting earth, or have in the past?

No, I have yet to see any substantial evidence to support this claim

===

now I answered no to the last one, and that will stand until i see evidence otherwise. I'm in no way saying it's impossible, i'm saying I don't think they've traveled here.
edit on 15-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Are there ET's out there? I am on the fence.
Have ET's visited Earth? I am on the fence.

What I do know is, space is an awfully big(to say the least) place and it would be a terrible waste of space if we are the only ones out there.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I will be greatly impressed if anyone has the gonads to say we are alone in the universe.
Cause if they do they will be labeled, "narrow minded, bull headed, pea brains"
As they should!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
No. See what I think you might start is a flame war. Unintentional but...
I think there are aliens, but not among us. Only at the powerhouses but not among the mass population.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You would be hard pressed to find anyone who does not think there is life in the universe...although rightfully so many people would have an issue with you somehow equating that to earth being visited by aliens. I think the universe is packed with simple life, complex life being very rare and intelligent complex life even rarer...thankfully the size of the universe is on our side in the sense that very rare still means a lot in the grand scheme of things...of course the size works against these intelligent life forms ever coming in to contact with one an another as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I think you will find they are not religious nuts but atheists. Religious nuts are a group that sometimes denies the existence of aliens but I find over all as a group they are willing to accept most anything and are actually more open minded, thinking perhaps in the Bible when they talk about "angels" these are the aliens and we were all created by the same God. Even the Vatican is trying to wrap it's tentacles around that one.

Lots of people are of the opinion ET's exist somewhere out there, but we have no proof of visitation here. I think there's plenty of proof - if you have eyes to see.
edit on 15-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
straight up simple answer, yes i believe in ufos and aliens.

p.s, op you never accepted my XBL request lol

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

of course the size works against these intelligent life forms ever coming in to contact with one an another as well.

Exactly! Now of course "alien tech" magically negates that fact. But in reality, we live in a universe governed by the laws of physics. Yes, aliens might have different materials and power sources, but they are still subject to the laws of nature.

Traveling between galaxies just doesn't seem possible to me.

Radio signals would be my best bet for contact. The sad fact about that is, by the time we hear it, that civilization will probably have been gone for eons.

Simple life, in my opinion, abounds in the universe, complex intelligent life would be more rare but still possible.

Until we can find proof that the laws of physics can be bent, I'm saying no to visitation.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

So your saying anybody who doesn't believe that there is other life in the Universe is a religious nut? You said your not trying to call anybody names, but you obviously just did. Try wording your sentences a little better next time. Also, these "religious nuts" could say the same about us "scientific nuts", who every time see a ballon in the sky, have to yell UFO!

Who everytime here about a comet passing by earth by a million miles, say that its a UFO invasion. By the way, I do think their is life in the Universe.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I happen to think there is plenty of proof if you have eyes to see. If you don't then you can't.

Please offer some of this proof I can see with my eyes, as all I see is people asking me to take their word, or take in on faith. That's not proof.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Its not about being alone, but rather the impact it will have across all religions, social orders, cultural structures and so on. So the more you come to grasp reality that millions of galaxy's similar to ours and others that are able to sustain intelligence that are considered as what cern is currently applying billions for research is about as much as reality as one can openly say without being taken down. The sooner you begin to be aware that we can easily be wiped out as easily as it was to be created, you simply moved a fraction into future events.

In short, no, we are not the only intelligent life form.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Hello y'all, Skate again with a question. I've seen many around here who believe in ETs, just like me, and then those who don't believe we've ever been visited in the past, and/or now.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

There are many scientists who agree that it is highly likely there are other intelligent civilizations out there, but that the vast distances involved means it is unlikely (in their eyes) that we'll make contact.

I argue that with that being said, that also means there are folks out there who are older than us (as a civilization), who may have developed technologies to surmount such distances, and do indeed desire contact with others like themselves.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I find this to be an interesting question.

For some would say, there are no alien life forms "out there" and we are all alone on a rock which is only a few thousand years old.

If that be the case would you not count God as also being in the universe? So we still would not be alone.

If, as some say, there is no god. Then we must not be alone.

Because of the enormous complexity involved in evolution we could not be so fortunate as to be the only place in the entire universe where it happened.

The answer to your question in either case would certainly have to be -- no, we are not alone.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

youve seen "PAUL" recently havent you? and you probably wont find many on this site that dont believe in ALIENS or interdimensional beings...thats probably the main reason why most joined this site to begin with

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Im 100% possitive that we are not alone

And in my opinion, we are actually getting some technology from them... but we wont know about that until we see them with our own eyes...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

It is ridiculous to think that we are the only intelligent life in the universe. I don't know if we have been visited or are currently being visited. I will say that there is a lot of interesting "evidence" to suggest that we have been and are being visited, but I have never personally seen anything to verify it. I often wonder if we (Earth) are the trailer park of the galaxy and maybe when the advanced civilizations with interstellar travel capabilities get bored they come here to Earth to have some fun and mess with us... much like cow tipping. I think it is pretty arrogant for we humans to assume that any advanced civilization would want to actually contact us and work with us. We may just be what equates to an ant hill in the universe, and occasionally some alien stops by with his magnify glass for a little fun. I can't think of any good reason that an alien civilization would want to secretly infiltrate our world and governments with the agenda of conquering us. If they have the capability of interstellar travel then I have to assume that they are so advanced that why would they even want to waste their time with us?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join