It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here actually believes we are ALONE in the universe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
That leads me to wonder, who on ATS actually believes all that, what I call NONSENSE, that the world is only 4,000 years old and that we are actually alone in this whole universe.

I assume you mean the Young Earth creationists, who believe the earth is 6000 years old (not 4000).

It's not nonsense! Did you not know the Mesopotamians rode to school on dinosaurs?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
We could very well be alone when it comes to carbon based lifeforms.Science has always tried to find life in space under earths conditions,this is an arrogant practice.If we exist then other things have an equal chance as well.Our biology is limited to earths environment.Why should we try to associate our standards of life when different laws of nature apply to each planet?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

We have proof but you and all sceptics or debunkers just don´t want to admit it. Goddamn i hate sceptics who can´t acknowledge eyewitnesses reports from people who went to space like Mitchell and Gagarin,photographs with smudges and blurs who clearly hide artificial structures or the simple fact that something big is going to happen soon as proof that we are not alone on this planet or in the universe. It pisses me off.

All they talk about is give us some proof but if you do they will just ignore it. That´s plain stupid. Just ask NASA why they felt the need to blur out entire landscapes or craters on the moon? There were never a reason to do that in the first place and there is still none. Tell me one good reason. Why?

They lie to our faces every goddamn day but we still do nothing about it. Maybe it´s time to force them to reveal the truth about aliens,UFOs and other beings. Perhaps this is what "they" want from us. Bring down the governments and make the world a better place. I´m sick of hearing sceptics talking bs all day long or debunkers who discredited honest people for 15 minutes of fame. Some debunkers and sceptics are a freakin joke and a disgrace to mankind.

First of all, sorry i pissed you off.

What i was saying was a possible alternate theory as some of those outlined in ancient alien theory. You say you have proof but unfortunatley speculation is'nt proof. Now if we leave ancient alien theory aside, i can personaly think of about a dozen cases where there is plenty of proof of UFO's. Whats missing is the key link that proves that these cases were indeed ET's from another planet and not something else.

I agree and i share your anger at the deliberate lies that spew from organisations like NASA. The whole reason they do it though is to leave nothing more than speculation. Speculation is'nt proof like i said before and all we can do is argue the toss either way. It wont change anything.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
We could very well be alone when it comes to carbon based lifeforms.Science has always tried to find life in space under earths conditions,this is an arrogant practice.If we exist then other things have an equal chance as well.Our biology is limited to earths environment.Why should we try to associate our standards of life when different laws of nature apply to each planet?

I share this theory and ive often wondered this myself. I guess all we have to go on is our own planet and make up. Although science is open to the possablity of different life forms they dont usualy include intelligence of any kind.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is basically the same question i asked a few years ago on here..

What If We are Alone??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a few discussions were had , quite interesting

Git

edit on 15-4-2011 by completenuttergit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

I didn´t mean you personally or to offend you. It was more of a statement regarding all sceptics and debunkers who just do it for fun or to laugh about other people and i met a whole bunch of them on other sites. Even on this site there are some people who scream hoax or fake the minute a new thread with a UFO pops up.

I don´t bother convincing them anymore because you just can´t. They are stuck between all the lies and the bs TPTB told them over decades. But there is always soemthing who comes back and bites you in the ass. I really hope that will happen soon. I don´t see the point in governments anymore with all the debts and mismangament going on. We need a change and maybe it´s time to wake up and fight for our freedom. We are already slaves to a society who don´t give a f*ck about us.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

We are already slaves to a society who don´t give a f*ck about us.

And how is this different than any other time in history? The only difference, is that our standard of living improves...but we're still in indentured servitude, in one form or another, unless you strike out and have your own business (and it doesn't fail, in this miserable economy)...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Count me with the people who think we are not alone. I'm pretty solidly on that side of the fence.

Arthur C. Clarke said: "Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." I don't agree. But if you replace the word "terrifying" with a word like "amazing", "astounding", or "awe inspiring" then I would very much agree.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

No offence taken, theres nothing wrong with speaking your mind.

To be fair to the sceptics. Ive seen a lot of what gets posted here on ATS and the majority of it is just lights in the night sky. Where believers see UFO'S or simply are'nt sure. Sceptics take it for what it is. Nothing but a light in the sky for which there are hundred and one possabilitys.

Its this two and fro which keeps sites like this alive and its not just UFO'S its any subject matter you can think of. Ghosts, the lockness monster. Theres always going to be those who believe and those who dont. Its up to those who believe to build a case and offer proof that leaves no room for interpratation. In a true case, you wont find many sceptics offering the same old excuses, and any they do offer will seem as far fetched as the incident itself. You can use that as a gold standard.

Keep on looking and we will find the proof eventually but i get the feeling that by the time we know for sure. There will be no doubt because the incident will be so big that it will shock the planet.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That´s my point. Yes the standard of living improved really fast but not for all of us. Why does it have to be this way? Why investing billions of taxpayers money in all kind of weapons to kill each othera and not give it to the poor and homeless people? There is something seriously wrong with our society and that has to change once and for all. If aliens intervene be my guest. But if they force us to live like they want us to i will fight them aswell.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I do...but then again I have always considered myself VERY special.

Humanity upon the Earth is Unique just as everyone's DNA & fingerprints are unique.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You think that ALL of them are lying?
I hate to say it but it sounds like you're very stuck up when it comes to many confessions proving that most UFOs are of ET origin.

No, I don't think they're lying. Just mistaken.

You make the typical believer mistake of believing Unknown=Alien Spacecraft. It is a logical fallacy when there is absolutely nothin to back it up or even suggest it is true. Unknown means unknown. Fact is many unknowns have become knowns when more information becomes available. In no case has more information turned an unknown into an alien spaceship.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You guys are kidding right? Based on who and what scientific aging of humanity makes it valid?
Carbon?
Bible?
Last book you read about it?
There is NO question humanity is older then 12,000 years here on Earth without growing up from Gorillas.
Look at real science while they argue religion and science as fact.(go ahead,switch religion and science..and look at the source)

THAT alone should tell you we get bogus information.

Extinctions in the past?
Probably.

Jesus was a new beginning. He started a new calender.. But to say that was the beginning of mankind plus 4000 years does not prove itself out. Not logical. Too many artifacts supported by science that says otherwise.

Who or what religion or scientist wrote the "new" time chart?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My question would be is believing or disbelieving going to make your life better or more enjoyable? Does believing create fear or hope?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
THAT means we are not alone in the Universe.. Terrible answer...
But I stand by it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why do people who do not believe in Aliens or UFOs post on here or even read these forums?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I would say that it is extremely ignorant to assume that we are the only intelligent race or walking, breathing, talking humanoids in the entire Universe. I am actually appalled when I read scientists even implying that this may be the case. I am sorry but even if God does exist and there really is a omnipotent being that created life on Earth. Why create an entire Universe if you are only going to have allow life on one planet?

I suppose in closing whether you are a religious nutcase or hardcore trekkie. There is no way that you or anyone else can logically argue with me that there is no way that life exists out side of the Milky Way.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Of course we aren't alone in the universe. There are more ways to get from point A to point B than the straight line that we know, and lets keep in mind we as a young species have yet to figure out the quantum mechanics of bending space-time to better navigate the vast reaches of the outer voids. As for the question of intelligence, the silence from beyond speaks for itself. The earth was probably a fun place to visit on vacation or for scientific research in the early days before homo sapiens began spreading like rabid vermin. Now, they know we are skittish, dangerous little mammals with unpredictable reactions. Wouldn't you keep away from such a place as well? Yes, that is a sign of intelligence if ever there was one. I wonder sometimes about the UFOs that are seen, and I don't doubt that they are what they appear to be. But keep in mind that the minds flying these craft are far more advanced than ours, and more than likely there are not actual living specimens on these ships but something along the lines of serviceable biologic computers with similar forms to their makers. We send drones and unmanned vehicles into dangerous areas all the time for research and exploration. Why can those from beyond not do the same? That is why I believe that the UFOs can achieve such speeds and move at such insane angles that we find so mind boggling. Now I know that this was a little long winded, and for that I am sorry. Skate, thanks for the thread, my friend.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hello y'all, Skate again with a question. I've seen many around here who believe in ETs, just like me, and then those who don't believe we've ever been visited in the past, and/or now. That leads me to wonder, who on ATS actually believes all that, what I call NONSENSE, that the world is only 4,000 years old and that we are actually alone in this whole universe. You'd have to be a religious nut to believe that really. I'm not trying to call anybody names.

I would just like to get an idea of who actually believes this.

Thanks!

I do NOT believe in "Aliens", However I do not beleive we are alone in this universe. I do beleive Man IS and always will be. ......I AM that I AM
Your avatar makes my jaw hurt......That is all

edit on 15-4-2011 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't doubt that there is life, even intelligent life, in the universe. I think that to say so would be absurd.

Now, whether that life has ever actually been to our little blue marble is an entirely different matter. A matter that I am not completely sure about either way, though I lean towards skepticism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join