It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You will see some of your extended families who will be mocking at you for bringing the idea of the end of the world that they do not believe will be coming. You will find yourself spending hours and hours of arguing and trying to show proofs etc etc. You will find some of them accusing you of making them mentally stressed and not being able to sleep etc etc. Eventually, you will find yourself thinkng after all what's the use.

Naw we all leaving TOGETHER. My EA family.. I understand your points tho some things you gotta leave up to GOD. Like I said what if the MARKS are already placed on DNA for PASS or FAIL of this thing. Also WITH THAT do you think people who can find shelter mainly adults and feel safe are karma loved why they know there are children unsafe if the case running loose with no site of peace. Do you feel KARMA will shine on these hidding adults and their selfish protections. I mean for all any know a sphere of non 3d dynamics may be comming near to take the humble away leaving the ignorant selfish behind to be under rule of the most un rully. Just to add....

Revelation6:10
They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?"
Revelations6:11
New International Version
Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.
Revelations6:12
I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,
Revelations6:13
New International Version (©1984)
and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.
Revelation6:14
The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
Revelation 6:15
Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.
Be well

edit on 4/15/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I havent read every post but here is my situation. I dont hoard food. I do read and collect books on survivalism, foraging, and basic skills/first aid. I also took an EMT Course. I have enough around the house for makeshift survival situations and a few days of food to hold us over. I have a good knife and a magnesium striker. THATS it. if i cant survive anything then so be it.

If you hoard, the masses will find you, they will take what you have. Read about argentina.

oh and salt will be the most valuable currency teotwawki
edit on 15-4-2011 by Bilw85 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm not doing anything because I'm personally not convinced anything is going to happen in the first place... and if it does? it's unlikely that hoarding supplies and learning some survival techniques off of an internet forum will save me.. I'd need a damn good bunker and more supplies than I could afford for it to make much of a difference..

I'm not sure I'd want to be one of those left behind anyway.. I've had a good run

But I'm still not convinced of anything happening anyway.. the fact rich people are spending millions on bunkers only says to me that they are paranoid and have expendable funds to throw at their fears.. this isn't much different than the cold war when tons built bunkers because they were convinced the nuclear end was coming... tons of money, tons of supplies and tons of energy for bunkers that were never needed.. I suspect that is the same as now

I could be wrong... but if so, I wish you all the best of luck
.. my money is on the fact I'll probably still be lurking these forums in 5 years time

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Fishing pole: check

Survival plan complete...I will be fine for anything I would care to live through.

if the fish are irradiated and the ground is a hellscape of rock and sand...erm, ya...not really caring if I survive at that point...survive to what end would be the question, die in a few years from cancer, watch humanity crumble into dust...

Anything beyond a fishing rod and a bit of water gathering for a year or two = not my world anymore anyhow.

Enjoy your spam and pot noodle existance for 20 years while shooting at starving women and children trying to steal a bite of beans from you.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Ok, there are a lot of threads here with a lot of great info on survival techniques, tips, tricks etc.

I have found a lot of info on 3, 6, and 30 day bug-out bags as well as long term survival plans for bunkers, food, water, weapons and so on.

I have also noticed that we all have our different opinions on locations to bug out to.

Now the reasons are many. From Aliens, Niburu, EQ, WW3, NWO and so many more.

Which brings me to the question: Who is NOT preparing whatsoever? No Bug out bags, bunkers, water and food storage, weapons, silver and whatever else.

I'll make it clear that I am one of those that is preparing and the reasons and means are a personal thing.

I am just curious to hear from those that are NOT taking steps to prepare for whatever may or may not be coming.

Thanks for any input.

i think for alot of us it's pretty obvious if you think about it.
if you are not wealthy enough to be able to bunker up with sources of food, water, and power...the average person is not going to be able to survive very long.
or, if not wealthy, most of us do not have skills or phsyicality of a special ops guy to survive the rigors of living off the land.
in other words, living and surviving in a SHTF scenario will be delaying the inevitable for most of us in our society.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I would have to say that I am not preparing. The reasons I have are two part. One I don't have the money or the financial means to prepare etc, and honestly I can throw some canned food from time to time aside or emergenceis and I do have a emergency suppy of food and water, but not to bug out. My supplies are for winter storms and times without power.

The biggest reason that I am not preparing is because I do not think there is anything to prepare for. I am 35 yrs old and since my earliest memory I have heard people time and time again talking about how the world was going to end. Especially growing up in a Southern Baptist area I have heard time and time again that Armageddon is right around the corner. I grew up at the end of the Cold War when Nuclear War was still a threat etc. i lived through the Gulf War that everyone swore was the beginning of the end. The Wall in Berlin came down and nothing happened. There was a Coup in Russia and again nothing happened. Nothing ever happens when people say it well.

I honestly do not believe that preparing will increase your chances of survivial in the event of a ELE. Truthfully when something major happens (if it does) all the preparing in the world will make 0 difference at all. Sorry but no one is going to magically predict the date of SHTF. There will be no Nibiru come Dec 21, 2012 nothing will happen and there will be a new date. I mean what happened to the Pole Shift/Crash of the Dollar on March 19th.. Nothing happened, March 19th was also supposed to be the biggest snow storm ever. Nothing happened. When the Earthquake in Japan happened sure a couple of people got lucky on guesses, but honestly no one really prepared and went out for survival.

So I would have to counter with a question to those that are preparing like the OP. Are you going to run out with your stuff on each date that is indicated as SHTF day of the week? How do you know when it is the real thing? I mean truthfully all the talk in the world about Dec 21, 2012 isn't gonna make any of that stuff happen. Yosemite could blow tomorrow and we could have 0 warning. Sure there are supposed to be harmonic EQ's ahead of time but Yosemite has been active for decades. It could blow tomorrow, and no one would see it coming. There are ways of prediicting immenant eruptions, but honestly Yosemite has been exhibiting these signs for decades as well.

Finally even if they did know something like Yosemite was going to happen or Apophis was going to hit Earth. I think everyone here can agree they will keep it from public knowledge. They call it to prevent panic, and it is to a degree, but I also think it is so that they can prepare themselves without being hindered by people who want to live. TPTB would be happy to watch all of us die I am sure about that while they and there families survive. Though the reality of it is they probably have some random lottery system already designed to pick out those normal people to help repopulate afterwards. Anyone with a brain knows that you can't repopulate the world on VIP's alone. They will probably just start popping up on doorsteps around the world and pick people 30 and younger would be my guess. 30 and older you would probably have to have a specific needed skill or you can kiss your butt good bye in my opinion.

Alright well I got off on a rant there, but you got my answer have a great day and would love to hear input on what I said as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
where i live there is plenty of fresh water, and fresh meatbags to eat everywhere.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigspud

Meatbags... Please clear?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It all depends on what kind of disaster will be the major one in your geographical area. If it is water, having some kind of float will make the difference of life and death. If you live within 100 miles from the major coastal areas like pacific or Atlantic Ocean, any amount of food or water stored in the house will do any good. I would buy life jackets for the whole family first if you live close to the ocean and can not move to other places due to the financial and economic reasons. Imagine how many people could have been saved if they had life jacket in the immediate tsunami hit area. Once you float and wait for the rescue, you will be ok.

The world will not end literally as some of you may think. If all the coastal cities in the world are hit by a mile high tsunami, about 80 percent of the human population may be gone. However, it will still be considered that the end of the world has happened as the survived world historians will record the event as such.

Try to think the upside of it. The remaining people can build the world which is much better than the old one.

The only way to get rid of the corruption and the wickedness in the world, in the eyes of the God, may have been this kind of cosmic disaster as the bible has quoted similar events in many different parts of the text.

I'm dreaming of the world, where energy is free like air and water where the Garden of Eden will be restored, where no one takes advantage of the limited resources (false premise) as the human control and extortion mechanism.

There is no reason people should pay 4-9 dollars to travel 20 miles by automobile. It should be free.
This is the most evil extortion mankind has ever experienced in the human history.

I dream of the world where you have free energy to do anything from farming, getting pure water to traveling space.

The technology is here and now. Look for "Physics of free energy device" either by Google or Youtube.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What about a local LRGB direct. just sayen is this survivable? Where the ray or beam diameter is say as large as the suns diamater with Earth in the middle region of LGRB. Scenerio how can it be survived???? Especially if turned to temp. plasma ball flowing......
edit on 4/15/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
To prepare just makes sense.
But it must be portable.
You must be able to strap it on your back and go at a moments notice.
Look at the people in japan.
They didn't have a lot of time did they.
No the world may not come to an end.
But your little part of the world may.
At least enough supplies for a week.
And ready to go.
You may not have the chance to pack.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm not because I went through the whole Y2K crap! I have stores like a block away that i'll probably loot to get what I need, I have camping equipment blankets and a 20lb bag of rice ill just add to that when the time comes.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So my question is how many of you thats stored food and others things for a survival situation would help someone that hasn't?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by bigspud

Meatbags... Please clear?
I'm sure he meant plenty of animals to hunt and eat if need be

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

LOL it is ATS so 1 must clarify. Thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
ok well I've been surfing this web page for almost 6 months now trying to decide if I should become a member and strangely enough this post made me do it. Interesting question.

I'd say that I am not preparing for a few reasons:
1 - if the end of the world does come we have no way of knowing when, so dying or not just comes to luck.
2 - if it happens and I survive, nothing garantees that I'll still have access to my prep items
3 - in a post apocalyptic world, living can't be exactly pleasant and beeing nomadic is probably important
4 - many people have foretold the end of the world in nearly every generation, so chances are it's just to scare us into poverty ( I don't think I know the truth but I tend to look at all info and both sides of the medal, nobody is absolutely right or wrong)
5 - I have so many things I wanna do ( like getting a university education to have the know how to fight the system from the inside and that's expensive) having said that I don't wanna cancel all my life plans and blow all my savings in case the world ends.

Don't get me wrong, this stuff scares me as much as it does anyone else... but if I learned anything in the past couple of years researching this kind of subjects is that nothing is what it appears and sometimes even what seems beyond doubt is bulls**t. Tell yourselves that there are some people who are willing to do anything to get their hands on everything we own. It's ok to prepare, but don't throw your lives away yet, not while we can still do something.

Thx for the post, this was a great idea

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816
So my question is how many of you thats stored food and others things for a survival situation would help someone that hasn't?

Well there's the question isn't it.
The problem is do you know the person or not.
A stranger that is trusted could just as easily kill you and take your food while your not looking.
I would try to help but i would have study the person for a while first.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by modified device
I'm jumping on the unprepared bandwagon here,what is the point?
if any one of the multitude of doomsday scenarios happen I wouldn't want to survive em,besides I have the best survival gear one can get,my faith in God.

I see your idealistic view has many supporters, but idealistic people are often not in touch with reality.

The world is full of sick, twisted, evil people who are kept at bay by society and its system of checks and balances (aka the prison system)

You can pray to G-D all you want, but that wont take away the pain of watching your family members suffer with hunger, or the screams of your wife or daughter being dragged away by gangs of men to be brutally raped.

I'd suggest the movie "The Road" for anyone who thinks there is no sense in preparing.

Even if a EOTWAWKI event never occurs, why wouldnt you (at the very least) want the satisfaction of knowing you have some supplies JUST IN CASE?
edit on 15-4-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: added question

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We are not doing anything to prepare. My husband and I and three children were homeless for about four months 15yrs ago. Long story. We lived in a 8x10 camper out on the Snake River in Idaho. We were amazed at our skills and wits. If the time comes, that is what we will depend on. If things get that bad, I believe people will be looking for hoarders and will kill you for what you have. We do believe in stocks of guns and ammo.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

When I was little, the Russians were going to bury us. We watched films in school about the dangers of communism and the USSR's desires to take over the world. We had sirens at noon on the first Saturdays of every month...I thought we would not make it to the year 2000. Then 1984. There were documentaries then about was that going to happen...was Orwell's book happening...etc. Then Y2K - I even bought kerosene lamps for that one - others stored water and food staples - now - 2012 - I absolutely, positively am not worried about it. Those who are are just feeding into all the dramatics. I will see you guys in 2013! Stop worrying!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join