It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I agree with the above poster. I believe a "doomsday" will never happen in my lifetime. People are overly paranoid and preparing for useless things. I will continue to go about my normal life and never worry about the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Because I am an entirely rational human being, and don't believe everything I read on the internet.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I can respect you for that and I am not knocking others for their ways of preparing. I just wondered if the extended family maybe across the country or in another country are considered. Good luck to you all.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Also have any considered the survivors if thats what you call them or acsended are allready marked by above and below for pass and fail status. Just a thought.
Be well

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

BTW...sorry 'bout the car.

Thanks for the sentiment but I'm not sorry - It was a damned Renault. (good riddance! never trust a car made in France)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
When I was a Christian I was constantly being told that the "end was near" and I believed it for more than 40 years. Now, as a non-Christian, I do not want to fall into that trap again. History is filled with end of the world predictions and we are also being told here and elsewhere that the ruling elites want us to be fearful so that we are easier to control, so why should I believe any of this end of the world stuff?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Ok, there are a lot of threads here with a lot of great info on survival techniques, tips, tricks etc.

I have found a lot of info on 3, 6, and 30 day bug-out bags as well as long term survival plans for bunkers, food, water, weapons and so on.

I have also noticed that we all have our different opinions on locations to bug out to.

Now the reasons are many. From Aliens, Niburu, EQ, WW3, NWO and so many more.

Which brings me to the question: Who is NOT preparing whatsoever? No Bug out bags, bunkers, water and food storage, weapons, silver and whatever else.

I'll make it clear that I am one of those that is preparing and the reasons and means are a personal thing.

I am just curious to hear from those that are NOT taking steps to prepare for whatever may or may not be coming.

Thanks for any input.

i havnt done 1 single thing to prepare for what may or may not happen.

reason?

well...i dont know how to get hold of weapons other than the knives in my kitchen draw.

i dont have the materials, the land, the money or the knowledge to build bunkers.

without the above things...what would be the use of stock piling food...i have nowhere to put it and it'l just get stolen if something did happen.

theres a part of me that thinks perhaps i should do something....but the bigger part of me is saying...dont spend what little money you have on these things when theres a chance nothing will happen at all

edit on 15-4-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm out enjoying myself and spending money on things that I can actually enjoy. Rather than living in fear of the end of the world, which in my opinion, won't happen for a long time

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
although i havnt done any preparations...threads like this do give me the jitters sometimes.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just a quick FYI for those who think "Nothing bad can happen here" - pulaski-tornadoes.tumblr.com...

Tornadoes struck just a few miles away from where I live and NOBODY expected tornadoes up in the mountains.

1,700 people have lost their homes or are so damaged they can't live in them right now.

Knowing what to do in such a scenario isn't "prepping" or paranoid.

Not knowing is to live in a perfect fantasy land where you think somebody else (mom/dad/FEMA) will take care of you. They're not helping these people nor did they when Katrina hit.

Oh, I'm sorry. You we're trying to upgrade your WOW character. nevermind, it's not that important.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Read the Book , The Patriot I forget who it is by, but it is about TSHTF scenario and what they had and wish they had. Great book, I'm glad I read it, but it did put it into perspective that you have to either go all the way or get close with the ones who have. I have me and my wife a bag ready. What should we do with a little dog? If we don't have to eat it. It's like the wife's kid.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If some disaster that causes total anarchy should happen, I´d rather just die immediately. Even if I owned a weapon, there aren´t enough bullets to kill off everyone who will try to steal what little food and supplies I have amassed. And I´m gonna have to sleep at some point...

As a woman, I´d probably get raped. And then killed. Wow, am I being positive today.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Since the OP presented the thread the way he did, I will tell you the one place I HAVE NOT prepared and why.

I have not picked a getaway property. Why? Well, we may not need to. If you think we will have to move for the unforseen crisis, how can you ascertain what property would be right, ahead of time. Better to consider how can I make my home more survivable. Another consideration would be, I know where I live now...my environment and neighbors are comfortable and familiar, not so in strange local, where you may be considered an outsider. Now, that said...if I lived in a high-density big city, I'd probably take a different tact.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am not making any preparations. Based on my location, if anything big happens, it will be wiped off the map anyways. The only thing I am doing these days is meditating and practicing for ascension. One thing is for damn sure, I want off this planet.

and given that recently there has been mass UFO sightings, maybe by shifting our thoughts from negative to postive, will grab the attention of those benevolent beings.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Ok, there are a lot of threads here with a lot of great info on survival techniques, tips, tricks etc.

I have found a lot of info on 3, 6, and 30 day bug-out bags as well as long term survival plans for bunkers, food, water, weapons and so on.

I have also noticed that we all have our different opinions on locations to bug out to.

Now the reasons are many. From Aliens, Niburu, EQ, WW3, NWO and so many more.

Which brings me to the question: Who is NOT preparing whatsoever? No Bug out bags, bunkers, water and food storage, weapons, silver and whatever else.

I'll make it clear that I am one of those that is preparing and the reasons and means are a personal thing.

I am just curious to hear from those that are NOT taking steps to prepare for whatever may or may not be coming.

Thanks for any input.

I read Hatchet by Gary Paulsen, I can do anything....Just kidding, real reason below

Because, I've been taught survival from my Great Grandpa who was Native American, and I can live off the land virtually anywhere (except the Desert....OH and in Arctic conditions.)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecrecyDefied
reply to post by jude11

I have not done a single thing. At all.
Reason? I'm 14. I guess I could do something, but I'd have to convince parents etc.... guess I'll be one of the first ones to die if something happens
Actually you could do what I did at your age.
1) Join the Boy Scouts. You can learn quite a bit about survival right there. They probably don't teach marksmanship anymore though.
2) Ask your parents to enroll you in martial arts. I recommend Aikido, but anything is better than nothing.
3) Sign up for wrestling at your school. I lettered in wrestling 3 years running.
4) Take friends and just go hiking. See if there are any orienteering clubs in your area.
6) When I was 16 I joined the National Guard. At 18 I joined the Navy. I would no longer recommend that, but maybe the civil air patrol if they have that in your area.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm not doing anything because i don't know how to go about it,although i'm guessing it wouldn't take long to find out,and i'm on the bones of my arse so can't exactly get any kits.

Overall i haven't seen much in way of evidence to prove something is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hello, well .. i say.. I!.. i do believe.. and im trying to find something to move out of the citys.. but im not taking or doing any survival preparation!!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm mentally prepared for whatever I must face. Personally, I believe that's worth more than a bombshelter full of food and water.

I am 23 with college debt and I just recently took a job as a dishwasher, which is the first job I've had in a while. Needless to say, I don't have the cash to procure the means to survive. Even if I did, I have an illness that will kill me within a week or two of not taking my medicine, which needs to be refrigerated or it will go bad. Basically, when TSHTF if I don't die instantly, I'll probably die shortly after.

If in the next few months I inherit a fortune from a long lost relative or win the lotto, then I'll consider preparing food, water, medicine, general emergency supplies, and shelter. Right now, all I can do is prepare myself mentally, physically, and spiritually. My recommendation to those in my position would be to get in shape, pray to whatever deity you believe in to give you the strength to survive and the courage to face death when it eventually comes for you. If you can learn about basic wilderness survival - what plants to eat; how to start a fire with just a knife, some rope, and wood; how to set traps, etc. - it's not a bad idea. Knowing how to do these things could save your life.

Good luck everyone, and just remember that if we go down, we go down together. We're all in the same little blue boat, rocketing through the black ocean of space towards our ultimate destiny, and I pray for humanity's sake that we will all find a way to work together to survive whatever is in store.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I started buying all items needed last month.

I can die many ways... but starving to death is not an option I want to pick

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join