It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Im working on it but dont spend my money the wisest. i have the weaponry department and bullet manufacturig plant in my garage. I have a weeks worth of canned food at home and in the semi.

My parents are doijg nothing. My mom says she doesnt want to live if the worlds gona be that bad, my step dad is on insulin and probably wouldnt make it that long with that, and i dont give a crap what my real dad is doing. I have discussed the possibility of a nuclear bombing in chicago and mentioned hiding in her basement for a couple days for the fall out. Hopefully they wont use the tsar bomba, since were 45 nautical miles from chicago.....i hope tsar bomba is going to camp david lmfao. Illinois isnt a big enough hellhole to need 100 megatons of annihilation.....

I plan on bugging in at my house if theres no risk to palisades, cook, or michigan city nuclear plants.... Otherwise i plan on bugging out to the forest in the up

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
im not doing anything about it because if an event rises that is capable of making last resources a necessity, there will be a lot of chaos, and 1 way or another some will make it some will not, regardless of what preparations you have made in advance. so i for one am letting everything run its course and IF # hits the fan, then # hits the fan and ill deal with it accordingly ... will get my mom, and start scrubbing walls lol.
but in all honesty, nobody's plan or preparation is perfect, there will always be something that's lacking...so y bother...if we're supposed to die, it wont matter if u have boots on or if u drink out of a bottle as opposed to out of a mountain (which sounds a little better even, since its natural :p) but meh...y bother when i can do things to prevent it xD anyways im out xD

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Im not doing anything about because I don't have any money to, theres a lot of things I would like to do to prepare, but we usually get by with hardly anything left after paying all the bills and rent. Not to mention the rising prices of food. Thank god there's food banks around and stores like Publix give away a lot of food that passes their buy date thats perfectly good. Most stores just waste it.

Boy if I could just get my head above water,

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Money is obviously a HUGE issue for a lot of people, myself included. That being said... Study your surroundings. There are resources everywhere. I don't mean Publix or Wal-Mart. I suppose I am luckier than most because I live on a creek surrounded by cattle farms and plenty of rich hunting lands. My point is, prepping is a good idea but if you are not able to do so or just don't want to, at least educate your self. Learn how live off the land. It can be done, I promise.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by YachtDoc13
Money is obviously a HUGE issue for a lot of people, myself included. That being said... Study your surroundings. There are resources everywhere. I don't mean Publix or Wal-Mart. I suppose I am luckier than most because I live on a creek surrounded by cattle farms and plenty of rich hunting lands. My point is, prepping is a good idea but if you are not able to do so or just don't want to, at least educate your self. Learn how live off the land. It can be done, I promise.

money being a problem, i always made it a point to buy 2 extra cans a food a week at the supermart, do that for a year and it adds up, do that for 3 years like me and you have a hord.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have some of the basic stuff available for events before the great apocalypse. The problem is that if the GREAT EARTHQUAKE foretold in the bible happens first, it won't really matter. Next time you're on-line, just
search the words US nuclear power plants and look at the map. That ought to tell you where all of the Americas are going.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I would love to prepare more than I have but its too damn expensive to stockpile resources when you are making only a dollar above minimum wage and have rent to worry about. Although I don't have any food or water stockpiled I do however have a large amount of weaponry that I have collected over the years out of personal interest and alot of knowledge resources (books, printed docs, etc) kept in a secure water-tight place. Neither my roommate nor my girlfriend will get on board with prepping, my roommate is cool with the idea but just doesn't have the money for it like myself, however you cant even talk about it with my girlfriend. Any time something disaster, prepping or end of the world gets mentioned around her she starts to freak out, it just all scares the # out of her and she would rather ignore it all.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by YachtDoc13

money being a problem, i always made it a point to buy 2 extra cans a food a week at the supermart, do that for a year and it adds up, do that for 3 years like me and you have a hord.

I do the same thing. I also buy a lot of water. We normally have around 50 gallons of water. Water is cheap now. When you think about everything you use water for other than drinking, 50 gal isn't much.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
im not afraid of death either,
im already starving because im bankrupt and broke,

ill have water when the time comes because i moved next to a lake, but if anything happened my house will flood, however i might have to move because my well just went dry and my pump died and i have no money to fix either one of them... its too early for me to go off grid so i will take the few things i have, mostly outdoor cooking things, a couple books, my four wheeler and a small trailer ill pick up what i need along the way, it will more than likely be me and my kid, we will just stay where we are till SHTF hope i can trap a couple animals in the trap i got on the side of the road someone was throwing away so we can eat, otherwise i have all my fishing gear and a few odds and ends, lots of super glues and odd things most people don't think about. i had a store of food but we fell on hard times and can barely buy food now, however i did watch a ton of you tube survival videos on how to do things in emergency situations, but either way i live in a place where i will freeze to death in the winter without shelter, I actually have experience living in an un-weatherized place in the middle of the winter when its 80deg below 0 its not fun i tell you but ive learned some secrets, and if i survived the initial chaos i believe i would do Ok. Statistically speaking though i have a low chance i have bad health so in theory i would probably be one of the first to die, i would stay behind to let anyone else live, or give my life so they could live, so with that being said, i already know there is not anywhere near enough i can do to be prepared with no money, health issues, but if i do live it will be because of my experience and willpower to fight because thats what most of my life has been is one big struggle.
edit on 27-7-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: i forgot to add that without any weapons other than bb guns and knives id rather have less so i dont have to worry about being robbed

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by YachtDoc13

Your so right that really is not a lot! you will need way more than 50 gallons, my well just went dry, If SHTF forget about showering, you will use enough drinking it and cooking I have gone through so many 5 gallon buckets of water in the last 3 days its absolutely unbelievable! I still have dirty dishes and keeping the toilet full is 5 gallons a flush in my house, I tell you what first thing i do is make an outhouse or some other arrangement, for that what a waste of water lol!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
im allways working when the good stuff happens i miss everythang ill be stuck in grid lock haveing to grab a bike just to get out of town or foot it if im home we will just chainsaw the trees in the drive, block off motor transport in and set tight see what happens next

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There is a lot to be said for already living where most people dream of bugging out to....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

i bug out every day try not to look back untill the next time i drive into the big city preparations are just what we allready have at hand, fire ,well water, live food

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3

im not afraid of death either,
im already starving because im bankrupt and broke,

ill have water when the time comes because i moved next to a lake, but if anything happened my house will flood, however i might have to move because my well just went dry and my pump died and i have no money to fix either one of them... its too early for me to go off grid so i will take the few things i have, mostly outdoor cooking things, a couple books, my four wheeler and a small trailer ill pick up what i need along the way, it will more than likely be me and my kid, we will just stay where we are till SHTF hope i can trap a couple animals in the trap i got on the side of the road someone was throwing away so we can eat, otherwise i have all my fishing gear and a few odds and ends, lots of super glues and odd things most people don't think about. i had a store of food but we fell on hard times and can barely buy food now, however i did watch a ton of you tube survival videos on how to do things in emergency situations, but either way i live in a place where i will freeze to death in the winter without shelter, I actually have experience living in an un-weatherized place in the middle of the winter when its 80deg below 0 its not fun i tell you but ive learned some secrets, and if i survived the initial chaos i believe i would do Ok. Statistically speaking though i have a low chance i have bad health so in theory i would probably be one of the first to die, i would stay behind to let anyone else live, or give my life so they could live, so with that being said, i already know there is not anywhere near enough i can do to be prepared with no money, health issues, but if i do live it will be because of my experience and willpower to fight because thats what most of my life has been is one big struggle.
edit on 27-7-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: i forgot to add that without any weapons other than bb guns and knives id rather have less so i dont have to worry about being robbed

Even with all your bad luck lately I believe you'll be one to survive. You are already there.

SHTF is here. It doesn't need to be a mushroom cloud coming over the horizon. Just bad luck, finances, property etc being lost. So many are in a SHTF scenario right now.

In terms of survival, you're already doing it.

Peace and Good Luck!

Jude11

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I have also not prepared for a SHTF scenario. Partly because I'm only in part-time employment and earn £150 a month so there's not much I can afford, and partly because I'm only 18.

I have a rough idea of where I would go, who I would try and group up with, etc. but being 18 and still living with my family makes it's kind of hard... What can I do with my middle aged mother and younger sister if the SHTF? Unfortunately they would most likely be a liability, but I wouldn't want to leave them. I couldn't leave them.

That's why I don't think there's much point in me buying all kinds of survival gear. I guess if something happens I'll just have to survive off what I can find and build supplies that way.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i work hard for everythang i have,i pay my taxs so the man wont take it from me, i wear a seat belt so the man wont make me pay a ticket...when somebody els gos out and shoots people for what ever reason they choose is in there twisted brain i still live in a state where we are required to own a foid card,but when i hear more gun control im not thanking of a shoot out just useing my guns as a tool ,so i go buy more ammo just like gas for my truck i cant wate untill the people were slaves to messup so bad that i can stay home and injoy my dear steak while the gun haters are in there food lines for bread and water, if i thought it would help to buy a boozka there only$ 50.00 the ammo is $250.00 i would, but it would make a mess out of my dear steak.. ill just pay the giant untill he eats all the goldn eggs and throws up, then set back and enjoy my dear steak and maybe your puppy dog ,lmfao

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I am preparing my heart.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmatruthseeker

I don't think there's anything at all wrong with the way you think.

Personally, I have a small, lightweight survival pack basically created for lightweight camping/hiking with a few extras thrown in here and there to ensure I can be gone for as long as it takes to get back.

At home, I have basically a pantry full of food which most people already have (although mine is more geared towards survival rather than saving money), a stockpile of bathroom tissue (to save money
), bleach, and a few knick-knacks I've picked up along the way just in case.

I don't have a stockpile of gasoline, I haven't built an extravagant water filtration device, I don't have enough supplies to last me a year underground.

I think the most important thing you should learn from this site is that it's not the amount of stuff you stockpile that's going to help you or those you choose to help to survive; rather the amount of information you stockpile and understand how to use when the time comes that will help you survive.

For example, you could cook a cup of rice and eat it at one meal, or you could turn it into flour, add some water, bake for a bit, and you have unleavened bread to eat over the course of a day. Add some yeast and make a loaf. You could build a fancy water filtration device, or you could use a handkerchief as a quick filter and boil it, or add a few drops of bleach and let it sit for 30-60 minutes.

The best method of survival is simple. The same way our ancestors lived: with nothing. They did it for thousands of years, I'm sure we can do it for a hundred.
edit on 29-7-2012 by mkmasn because: spelling

edit on 29-7-2012 by mkmasn because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
i'm not preparing. why? ive nearly died twice and have come to the conclusion life is precious and can end at any moment. why worry about something you have no control over? Stop worrying about the trivial crap and enjoy life. Who knows you may die tomorrow, you may die in 20 years. Enjoy the time you have left on this planet.

if anything ill get a 12 pack and watch the SHTF and accept my fate.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Although I used to teach various forms of Survival...and I have what I need to endure a lengthy Electrical Grid Failure or a Natural Disaster of moderate effect...preparations as some people have done as far as Very Long term Food Supplies and Water...as well as Bunker Building...is a WASTE OF TIME. The ONLY reason for this form preparedness is to counter either a Nuclear, Chemical or Biological Strike...which they will not survive for any long period of time...or some concept of the U.S. Government Turning on it's people.

I can tell you this...even the Big Boys know that Air Radiation Scrubbers will last only so long. Biological is even worse as if this occurs...again...just a matter of time...Chemical Attack is HIGHLY UNLIKELY...and there is no way the U.S. Military would turn on it's own people.

As for doing this as a way to protect against an invading power...the U.S. Military would have no issue preventing a Mainland U.S. Invasion.

This leaves Natural Disasters such as a Magnetic Pole Shift...Failure of Earths Magnetic Field...an ICE AGE brought on by a collapse of the Gulf Streams Salt Water Conveyor Belt which is possible. The only one of these three which is survivable would be an Ice Age. Even then...quality of life would be an issue. Or a Massive Solar Flare or Discharge which would make everything and one DEAD.

Better to stock up on Batteries and Fresh Water and a Generator for the Massive Storms that will be created by Global Warming. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join