It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Grab your survival knife and you should be good to go. I'm a little over-prepared in the sense that I have a good kit assembled for trekking / camping for two but the ideal thing is to avoid using your gear as much as possible and to learn how to survive without it, only to use it when absolutely necessary.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am always 100% prepared for anything.

A bug out bag to me is something I use on adventures all throughout the year.

I am schooled very well in survival. Just as a normal part of life/activities/adventures.

I always buy in bulk anyhow, lots of everything. I have two converted bedrooms downstairs, one holds food stuffs, wine, supplies, etc. The other is a adventure room, where I store a lot of my hardware and gear.

My Mom, well I do not know you could call her a prepper, but she is an avid outdoors person, massive gardens, cans all the time. This is just normal living for a country type of person.

If in your life, you are prepped, do you need to prep? or are you just normally prepped?

edit on 25-3-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
I am always 100% prepared for anything.

A bug out bag to me is something I use on adventures all throughout the year.

I am schooled very well in survival. Just as a normal part of life/activities/adventures.

I always buy in bulk anyhow, lots of everything. I have two converted bedrooms downstairs, one holds food stuffs, wine, supplies, etc. The other is a adventure room, where I store a lot of my hardware and gear.

My Mom, well I do not know you could call her a prepper, but she is an avid outdoors person, massive gardens, cans all the time. This is just normal living for a country type of person.

If in your life, you are prepped, do you need to prep? or are you just normally prepped?

edit on 25-3-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

Your mom is the one to follow...as always.

Great post and one to listen to IMO.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Whats the point? We will all end up in a fema death camp anyway.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks Jude.

Its a a great lesson for all the young men on this board.

Listen to Mom, and respect her. later on in life, when your a man, and have a wife, kids, grand-kids, you can look back and think of your Mom, and how she taught you some very good things. One of the most important is how to respect her and all woman in general. As I see it, if you have a good relationship with your mother, you stand a better chance of a good relationship with a mate.

You must respect your Mother, and woman in general before you can ever have respect for yourself.

back on topic. Prep with your head, prep with your heart, know where things are and how to use them effectively

LESS IS MORE. More is not more. More is a better chance things will go wrong.

Always use the KISS protocol

Keep It Simple Stupid.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I've managed to do a little, being a teenaged girl who recently found herself stuck between having no money, school to finish, and nowhere to live.

Every time I got money, I bought a bit of food, and a bit of water. A few years ago, I had a bad habit of stealing from Wal-mart... and that got me quite a bit of my medical supplies.

Also, I got a great combat knife for Christmas. I have a bug-out bag, a gorgeous knife along with a file for sharpening it, and a vague plan for TSHTF.

But, right now, my main plan is to hope dearly that nothing happens until I'm ready.

I have about a month's worth of food sitting in storage, and my bug-out bag being one of the three bags of belongings I have here while I'm crashing at my mamaws, Apart from that, I'm relying on my redneck family's old custom of buying and storing extra food and their gun-happy nature to keep me safe for the moment.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I live in an area that tends to lose power a lot so when you have to live with that you tend to prepare a little bit.

But a larger part of me thinks that a huge collapse of society where every facet is dysfunctional is just not going to happen. As well as if a complete collapse DID happen then it wouldn't happen in one single night outside a natural catastrophe or meteor strike.

As far as The People being rounded up for FEMA camps I can't see that happening either. Simply looking at the logistics and the manpower needed to engage in such campaigns is a bit of a stretch. TTB have us where they want us. Most don't even look up from their facebook pages to care. Why ruin a meal ticket that is obviously working well and complicate things by changing this current situation we are all in to one of internment/FEMA camps and forced into work brigades? Where would the wealth be created that TPTB needs to survive? I just can't see TPTB ruining such a great thing they have going on now. I personally think they will keep us on the edge but not quite push us over that line, keep us spinning like tops.

Besides, if it is an extinction level event I am not sure I want to be around for that aftermath.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

Why ruin a meal ticket that is obviously working well and complicate things by changing this current situation we are all in to one of internment/FEMA camps and forced into work brigades? Where would the wealth be created that TPTB needs to survive?

Exactly. Glad to see others questioning the logic behind such claims. Simply put, it wouldn't be in TPTB's best interests.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I doubt that it will happen all at once. I think the agenda is to get people out of rural areas and into the large cities. They will tax you for every mile you drive. Tax your property out in the country so much that you will not be able to keep it. They will tear the roads up and stop maintaining them. They will do whatever it takes to get everyone into the large cities. This will take time to do so survival gear won't help for long, the end result will be huge cities full of worker bees and complete control of the populace.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think the preppers are ridiculously ignorant, paranoid folk. We create what we fear. The future is no concern of mine. I live here and now in the present and all is just fine. Should there be disaster I will cope with it then.

I taught Earthquake/Disaster Emergency Preparedness for several years in homes, community centres, schools and various other forums. Eventually I realized that I was being ridiculous. I stopped teaching it, threw out all of the survival supplies and do not speak of it to anyone anymore. We were prepared for many years and decided to get out of the fear of the future to enjoy our life now fully.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by jude11

I've managed to do a little, being a teenaged girl who recently found herself stuck between having no money, school to finish, and nowhere to live.

Every time I got money, I bought a bit of food, and a bit of water. A few years ago, I had a bad habit of stealing from Wal-mart... and that got me quite a bit of my medical supplies.

Also, I got a great combat knife for Christmas. I have a bug-out bag, a gorgeous knife along with a file for sharpening it, and a vague plan for TSHTF.

But, right now, my main plan is to hope dearly that nothing happens until I'm ready.

I have about a month's worth of food sitting in storage, and my bug-out bag being one of the three bags of belongings I have here while I'm crashing at my mamaws, Apart from that, I'm relying on my redneck family's old custom of buying and storing extra food and their gun-happy nature to keep me safe for the moment.

Now i am curious what knife you have
sharpening with a file

Regards

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elderlight
I think the preppers are ridiculously ignorant, paranoid folk. We create what we fear. The future is no concern of mine. I live here and now in the present and all is just fine. Should there be disaster I will cope with it then.

I taught Earthquake/Disaster Emergency Preparedness for several years in homes, community centres, schools and various other forums. Eventually I realized that I was being ridiculous. I stopped teaching it, threw out all of the survival supplies and do not speak of it to anyone anymore. We were prepared for many years and decided to get out of the fear of the future to enjoy our life now fully.

Fear is one thing but preparation is another.

The biggest fear should be getting caught unprepared when it was so easily available. If you taught all that you say, you should know this.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Terminal1

Why ruin a meal ticket that is obviously working well and complicate things by changing this current situation we are all in to one of internment/FEMA camps and forced into work brigades? Where would the wealth be created that TPTB needs to survive?

Exactly. Glad to see others questioning the logic behind such claims. Simply put, it wouldn't be in TPTB's best interests.

To have all the wealth, land, resources and food along with the slaves to do their work IS the exact goal of TPTB. Logical or not.

And if people really knew how the elite minds worked, they wouldn't have to guess at their next move and wouldn't be sitting on ATS arguing about it because they would be one of them.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The British invented the term "concentration camp" during the Boer War. The only way they could control the Boer population of South Africa was to intern the non-combatant section of the rural white population. It was a disaster and a significant portion of the detainees starved to death.

The British had gotten the idea from the U.S. government's control of the Plains Indians and Apache during the 19th century. The Brits knew they couldn't enact a wholesale genocide in their Dominion of South Africa, because they had watched the Ottoman Empire attempt genocide in Armenia, and noted the PR and economic disaster that followed. The insurrections of "client populations" eventually brought down the Ottoman Empire in World War I.

The British didn't put "everyone" in a camp; just enough key individuals to break the resistance. They interred women and child family members of Boer soldiers, as well as key civic leaders---ministers, mayors, judges, businessmen, etc.

The Nazis actually got the idea from the British system. They amplified one of the British contributions to controlling a subject population: They learned that if the "leader-personalities" are isolated and kept under intense guard, the "follower personalities" can be kept under very light guard, and will never foment rebellion on their own. In any human society, the ratio of natural followers to inborn leaders is 20:1

You don't put 'everyone' into the Gulags. Just enough to 'teach' the remainder the lessons of re-education.

EDIT TO ADD:

Pardon my Amero-centric myopia. The Brits were actually copying the American use of concentration camps in the Philippine War. The US halved the Philippine population, when dysentery broke out in the internment camps. Estimates are that 1.4 million died.

My point is, concentration camps have worked for a host of western governments over the past 150 years.

edit on 25-4-2013 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I haven't and won't do.

If society collapses which it probably won't and there's no food or safe drinking water for everyone; what person would I become sitting on a pile of supplies, stuffing my face, knowing people outside my very front door who were slowly starving to death?

We all live detached from such a scenario happening to us so it's hard to contemplate or know how we'd react.

I just don't see the need just yet.

edit on 25-4-2013 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle
reply to post by jude11

I'm not preparing because most of you guys are paranoid whack jobs.

Even the intelligent ones sometimes astound me with their ability to believe in nonsense.

Anyways, at this point, it is reasonable to think the US market and country itself may collapse, but from judging by the history books, there will not be 300 million starving or dead Americans like everyone here seems to perpetuate.

If i lived in the middle of new york , yeah i would have a bail out plan. but i live in the middle of canada and there is so much resources, food, supplies , farmers, all that stuff. I really believe me being a fit 26 year old male would be able to survive. If you are old , feeble, or unable to go anywhere, then maybe i could agree with having 3 months worth of food in stock, or 3 months worth of needed medications. But to plan for an Apocalypse is crazy.
edit on 15-4-2011 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)[/

Finally, words of a person who is living in the world free of paranoia. Thank you so much. I agree with you hundred percent. I am 63 years of age and live in greater Vancouver. However, should some disaster occur here I know that we will be able to cope. There are many many ways of coping with emergency situations and being physically prepared is the least of it. If we are not mentally, emotionally and spiritually balanced and believe we live in a safe world no amount of physical preparedness is going to save us.

I suggest that the paranoia actually prevents a person from being able to survive in disasterous situations. They have already put themselves in a place of peril long before the situation ever comes along and the mind is akready stressed. In the way they are losers (lost to fear) because they don't understand the basics if true survival fir it is actually based in an inner state of safety. That sense of assured "safeness" allows one to be calm and sane during emergencies.

It is not about fighting to the bitter end or fighting to survive no matter what even to sacrificing your neighbours. This is the type of thinking that creates the bands of armed insane predators attacking. It shoud not be about being so afraid of death that we will do anything to survive. Death is a natural occurrence - it occurs around the world Every millisecond of every day so why be afraid?

If we should have a major earthquake here On the western coast, and we are able to, we will help as many people as possible. However we must care for ourselves first for we are no help to anyone including ourselves or anyone else if cannot function either. . No amount of emergency preparation will prepare us for the psychological shock, the dysfunction and the lack of amenities. Best to be a balanced person. I taught "disaster survival" and "earthquake preparedness" for many
years. I finally gave it up as a "disaster" within itself. We threw out all emergency but retained camping gear. I don't teach anymore because I felt that I was preparing myself for exactly that Type of dystopic future. It is a future I do not want so I will not imagine it and I will not fight to the death for anything.
My existence is not more important than someone's else's.
. What a bunch of crap. There is a time to die with dignity you guys (paranoid militant preppers) and it is not giving up!!!

Anyway thank you for what you have said in here. Your mind and outlook is refreshingly healthy.

Thank you and bye.
PS. I am on my iPhone and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of weird little things happening here but it's so hard to edit so just forgive the typos. Thanks.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Editing- what else?
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Folk seem to be confused about the question the OP posted for discussion.

The question is:

" Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and why?"

The majority of posters in here are answering in the opposite--they are describing the preparations they are making and being heavy handed with those who are actually answering the Thread Topic.

It just does not make sense to me.

Moderators......where are you? Why are not moderating? This thread was hijacked with the first posting!!!!!

edit on 25-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Typo

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Fear is one thing but preparation is another.

The biggest fear should be getting caught unprepared when it was so easily available. If you taught all that you say, you should know this.

Peace

How can you put "fear" and "peace" in the same post? It is nonsense. Fear opens a person to manipulation. Fear is not a part of my life and will never be a part of my life. Living the neutral zone is my preference - calm, steady and sure is the only way. I am not manipulated by my own emotions and I certainly will not allow manipulation by your fear or anyone else's negative emotion.

Obviously you have never been in a dangerous or life-threatening situation. If you had been you would know that fear is not a saviour. Fear is a destroyer.

Being neutral is the only way to function at all times. Fear and panic create insanity. Neutrality permits sanity to prevail. It also allows one to have a more perceptive "sight" or overview of the situation at hand. This , in turn, allows a person to be more effective and their chances of survival increase exponentially.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Typos

edit on 25-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Ditto

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
I haven't and won't do.

If society collapses which it probably won't and there's no food or safe drinking water for everyone; what person would I become sitting on a pile of supplies, stuffing my face, knowing people outside my very front door who were slowly starving to death?

We all live detached from such a scenario happening to us so it's hard to contemplate or know how we'd react.

Kudus to you for refusing to be caught up in their paranoia. It is senseless to fear that which has not, and probably will not, occur.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
I haven't and won't do.

Kudus to you for refusing to be caught up in their paranoia. It is senseless to fear that which has not, and probably will not, occur.

And kudos to you for your efforts to keep people in denial.

Not only will it happen but if you can only open your eyes...it is happening.

I feel sorry for people that actually listen to your BS as you are either blind or programmed. Sad but true.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join