It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the FBI recruiting a current NBA All-Star??!!???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As some of you know from seeing my other threads I am a sports fan and find the quirky, weird or odd stories out there related to sports. This one blows me away.....living in Charlotte I keep up with the Charlotte Bobcats (NBA team) and Gerald Wallace was a member up until a few months ago when he was traded to the Portland Trailblazers. Ive met him a few times...nice guy, kinda soft spoken, really didnt cause trouble while he lived here. He went to college at the University of Alabama which he only spent 1 year there and then went to the NBA.

So my question is why in the hell is the FBI showing up at a practice and recruiting him when he doesnt even come near the qualifications to be in the FBI and he is the furthest thing from being able to hide behind the shadows due to his fame.

Anyone got any feedback on this.....beyond a PR stunt i dont know what to think.

sports.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

They can't reach some of the older classified files on the top shelf

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It is strange but maybe he knows something that they want to know. Or they need someone of his build for a certian case or something. Maybe his fame wont matter for whatever job they need him for. Who knows??

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Maybe he looks a lot like someone else and they need him to go undercover? His appearance/size is really the only thing I could see qualifying him for anything. Then again I guess we don't know the whole story...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Maybe he is into some bad stuff.. And to avoid jail, he has to work for them?
I dunno.

Deebo

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
As some of you know from seeing my other threads I am a sports fan and find the quirky, weird or odd stories out there related to sports. This one blows me away.....living in Charlotte I keep up with the Charlotte Bobcats (NBA team) and Gerald Wallace was a member up until a few months ago when he was traded to the Portland Trailblazers. Ive met him a few times...nice guy, kinda soft spoken, really didnt cause trouble while he lived here. He went to college at the University of Alabama which he only spent 1 year there and then went to the NBA.

So my question is why in the hell is the FBI showing up at a practice and recruiting him when he doesnt even come near the qualifications to be in the FBI and he is the furthest thing from being able to hide behind the shadows due to his fame.

Anyone got any feedback on this.....beyond a PR stunt i dont know what to think.

sports.yahoo.com...

The FBI does not recruit by education qualifications.....
When I as in High School, I was told by an agent that worked a case I was involved in that some people have good qualification just based on how they are, and react to certain things.... Books smart dont always make you "smart"

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30

Thats seems to be all it is.
...gave Wallace an official FBI hat, sweatshirt and honorary badge.

Not a real badge. An honorary badge. Like they'd give to a kid. A toy badge.

And a few bits of clothing for a photo op.
Photo

I'm surprised nobody has mention the most famous person to also get an honorary badge.
Elvis Presley.
In 1970, Elvis visited the White House, and met with President Nixon.
Nixon gave him an honorary FBI badge.

It means nothing.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It would be pretty interesting if it were true though. What if all those people we see around the streets wearing FBI hats were really FBI stooges? Or how about the people who wear AIG t-shirts. What are they? Are they in bed with the big banks? What should we say about them?

top topics

join