It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is now SAFE to live near a nuke plant!! So..this whole Japan mess was a quirk!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I used to live within less than 300 ft of a nuclear reactor. Ate, slept, worked, rested right next to that reactor. Knew quite a few other individuals that lived in that close approximation, and was aware that were even more individuals that I didn't know that lived in that close of an area of a nuclear reactor. My four arms, 17 legs, and 22 eyes say there is no threat of poisoning but I'm not really sure (sarcasm). Go ahead and keep pushing your ignorance in an area that is not very difficult to educate yourself in. Believe what you will, and sound like an idiot.

The nuke reactors in America, and majority of the world are operated in a more safe environments than your coal, oil, natural gas industries, but go ahead and keep pushing that non-renewable resource line more and more. We have a clean, safe, and very efficient energy source that is the step in the right direction of energy production, but let a couple accidents stop the entire course of evolution. But when an oil rig explodes, again, or a natural gas pipeline ruptures, again, or when the greenhouse gasses are emitted by a half-century old coal plant, continuously, no one cares, because that is the cost of living in the 21st century and in the 20th century, and in the end of the 19th century.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Clean safe and cheap?

Are you kidding.

Clean: Have you not been reading the threads here? Chernobyl is not over yet by a long way. Many farmers in Scotland cannot sell lamb for food due to the contamination still present. Tell the Japanese how clean it is.

Safe is relative. Once these puppies go wrong the off switch is very hard to flip as has been the case with every incident. At best Chernobyl is on standby not off the plants in Japan are looking to be that as well and that is best scenario

Cheap as in we pay for the insurance as insurance companies will not. The power they generate may be cheap for them to produce but we do not get that due to market forces. Cheap as in great chunks of land in Russia and Japan is now not usable. Cheap as in nuclear waste a problem for 1000's of years.

How cheap do you hold the lives and livelihoods of the people affected?

We use power generated as a business not a basic need. I agree at the moment we need nuclear power but not at any price and stifling investment into other ways to generate to protect its market.

It is not an either or situation but please do not believe the hype about clean, cheap and above all safe.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
I used to live within less than 300 ft of a nuclear reactor. Ate, slept, worked, rested right next to that reactor. Knew quite a few other individuals that lived in that close approximation, and was aware that were even more individuals that I didn't know that lived in that close of an area of a nuclear reactor. My four arms, 17 legs, and 22 eyes say there is no threat of poisoning but I'm not really sure (sarcasm). Go ahead and keep pushing your ignorance in an area that is not very difficult to educate yourself in. Believe what you will, and sound like an idiot.

The nuke reactors in America, and majority of the world are operated in a more safe environments than your coal, oil, natural gas industries, but go ahead and keep pushing that non-renewable resource line more and more. We have a clean, safe, and very efficient energy source that is the step in the right direction of energy production, but let a couple accidents stop the entire course of evolution. But when an oil rig explodes, again, or a natural gas pipeline ruptures, again, or when the greenhouse gasses are emitted by a half-century old coal plant, continuously, no one cares, because that is the cost of living in the 21st century and in the 20th century, and in the end of the 19th century.

" Wandering the high deserts" is apparent OP, because you definately have NO touch with reality!!! YOU need to do some more research in the area, not just what the nuclear lobbyists want you to believe. Good god poster, seriously???

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Seriously, for those OP's that think living near a nuclear reactor is perfectly safe, and insults others for what they call "fear-mongering", take a look at this link www.bloomberg.com... and see why there is so much so-called "fear-mongering". It's actually based in facts! Think again before you try to silence the "canary in the coal mine" with insults.

Japan Nuclear Disaster Caps Decades Of Faked Reports, Accidents is the report the link takes you to.
edit on 17-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wonder if terrorists now have a great new target idea for where they can aim their next airplane ?

Yup, nuclear is totally safe...

... as long as nothing goes wrong

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by paearmor

They must really think people are completely stupid..

wow...

They don't think people are stupid, they know so.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The map marks Columbia, in WA, which is the Hanford Nuclear site. Still needs to be cleaned up. It's locally known to be a risky spot to live in. Non local NW people, those looking for a change of scenery retirees, people moving closer to family, immigrants, cheaper rents or even certain job opportunities, possibly ignore the consequences or are un educated thus move to near the plant(Tri Cities,WA).
Here's a good article explaining the site and it's risks;
Secret Nuclear Waste

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join