It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is now SAFE to live near a nuke plant!! So..this whole Japan mess was a quirk!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I saw this and about threw up in my mouth..

you have got to be kidding me, so they want to "calm" the population by telling everyone that all sorts of people are moving closer to nuke plants!! Could be the economy is so crappy that its cheaper living by one!!

They must really think people are completely stupid..

wow...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
They also said they are evacuating Tokyo?? But the lesser of the population should move closer to the plants for population control????? Wow if you want to see corruption at it's fullest, just read into the Japanese government about this whole situation!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

I guess you've been sleeping, radiation is now good for you, now there is no difference between internal exposure and external, blah blah blah blah

In all seriousness, if anyone can still with a straight face, believe anything their government tells them, well, I'll book a ticket on that 1 way trip to mars cause I'm done on this joke of a planet. This is so transparent it's disgusting.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

Hang on, does'nt the US have 103 nuclear plants? Working or not, they are still dangerous!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This story was brought to you by the nuclear lobbies of the United States. Thanks for reading. Note: We take no responsibility for babies born with three heads.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
why do they keep lying to the japs...

you know the people that are saying these things are losing all credibilty in this new age for the media..people can choose who the listen too...if i ever fall for this papers lyes in the future, now it`ll be my own fault...

whoever says these things should be forced to live their first !

edit on 14-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am from Eastern Canada.

Lived within 5km of the Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station for 20 full years. The plant consists of a single CANDU reactor, rated at 680 MW.. and I never once felt unsafe or threatened.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by paearmor
www.msnbc.msn.com...

you have got to be kidding me, so they want to "calm" the population by telling everyone that all sorts of people are moving closer to nuke plants!! Could be the economy is so crappy that its cheaper living by one!!

wow...

It makes one wonder, if the first stage of population control, is getting the population caralled,into more managable sections of the world.

If that is the case,we should expect to see more things happen in more places,
to further the carralling process

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
who cares, regardless. if your dumb enough to live beside a reactor you have issues.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
think i might buy some land in fukushima and build new houses if its safe!!! wow wat a saving on land prices an nobody else wants it and the radiation is okay ......it might help you grow giant tomatos, and no need for street lights its glowin already

wanna buy a spectrumseven house?

sorry sarcasm is bad

edit on 14-4-2011 by SpectrumSeven because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Of course it's safe to live near a reactor and there are benefits too:
1-You get to glow at night,so no need for expensive electrical power
2-You will raise the next generation of urban legends(monsters,alien looking creatures etc)
3-Due to radiation you will propably won't have kids,no responsibilities,only PARTY-PARTY-PARTY
4-If there is a problem with the reactor you are the first to know,who needs the mainstream media and their lies
5-Animals in the surrounding area are mutated and you have the feeling that you constantly live in scifi movie
6-You may develop super powers
I can't think of anything else right now.

END SARCASM

Perhaps it's safe to live near anuclear facility,when it's working properly,but in case of any kind of accident you are the first to be exposed.Is anyone willing to take that risk?Not me....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
.Is anyone willing to take that risk?Not me....

nor me im happy out in the country. wi bad cell phone reception and no 4 min warnings

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
"It is what it is," he said. "It makes a hissing noise sometimes at night. That rattles the windows. They let us know when they have that scheduled. They let off the steam at night because no one wants to see the plume. It's just an industrial plant."

Seriously??? This is why Colorado's radiation monitoring gets so high, at night (let's not forget they may be messing with nuclear weapon grade material there).

"Quake risk at nuclear plants"

"The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission has estimated the risk for each nuclear reactor in the U.S. of an earthquake damaging the reactor's core. Geologists estimate that the risk of earthquakes in the central and eastern U.S. is much higher than previously thought. The 104 nuclear reactors are ranked by the NRC's risk estimates in this investigative report from msnbc.com."

Risk is much higher than previously thought...????

"His family did receive a packet of potassium iodide pills in the mail a while back, because they live within the 10-mile zone.
Where are those pills?
"They're in the house somewhere. I'm really not sure where.""

Yeah, this report points out the rise in population around the nuclear plant rose in the last decade. You mean the last decade of smoke and mirrors where everyone was sold into bogus mortgages and bogus rising house prices? The last decade where the world was lied to, and we ended up having a financial meltdown??? Now we're facing a nuclear meltdown??? The last decade where lots and lots of bogus property deals went on? Yes, the whole lying Nuclear Propoganda worked, didn't it? Convinced so many to let their guards down and move close to nuclear plants. Of course we need "cheap, clean" energy, look how many houses we built for you (sheeple). And look where the greedy, corrupt lies of the last decade landed us (before the Japan crisis).

OP, can my family and I join you on that one-way ticket ride to Mars?

edit on 14-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Safe, yeah right. My wife and I have a very nice house, in Iwaki, Fukushima, which we could possibly never go back to. Luckily, we were traveling outside of Japan when all this mess started. We're just trying to get the last of my wife's family out of there.

My in-laws own many fields of crops and greenhouses around Iwaki. There were these delicious little fish which come only from bay there. I don't know if they are safe to eat now. I won't for awhile, and I used to think that I would eat those little fish into extinction.

Other than I am much more
than my usual I hate everyone attitude, I really don't know what to think about all this. That's why I've stayed away from this topic until now. I'm afraid of saying something worse than usual to someone whose comment gets me bent.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by paearmor
www.msnbc.msn.com...

wow...

I wonder what the property value is like in those areas. Maybe people moved in because houses were dirt cheap.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
I wonder what the property value is like in those areas. Maybe people moved in because houses were dirt cheap.
I made a low-ball offer on a house near a nuclear plant one time, but it was reasonable I thought, just lower than the same house would cost further away.

The sellers refused my offer.

The real estate agent called me back a year later saying they had the worst case of regret over not taking my offer, it was still on the market a year later and they were either getting no offers, or offers much lower than mine.

I think if you build a house near a nuke plant it would be hard to recoup the land and building costs when you sell it, but I imagine you can get some good deals.

It's safe to live nearby as long as they don't have an accident. But nobody can guarantee that won't happen. And I don't think insurance covers nuclear disasters, does it? If I had known that at the time I may not have made the offer!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yeah..the insurance companys wouldnt touch it..they would invoke the "act of God clause" or "terrorism" clause...

..great aint it..so its better to ask an insurance company specifically what DO they cover...

..shame shame

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't know of anyone getting a payout, for anything related to the Japanese reactors, except maybe for the folks getting related health problems while on the clock to fix it. Seems like the nuke industry has an iron clad protection from any real liability. I don't care about any personal loss I have when it comes to possessions, but I do care about any human and environmental loss.

edit on 14-4-2011 by tamusan because: basic grammar error which was unacceptable to me

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Since posting my above comment, I have learned evacuated families may get $12,000 for their troubles.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'd suggest $12,000 for having theirs homes irradiated is too low. $240,000 each at a minimum is more like it, considering they will have to move! I doubt the insurance will cover that, and the tsunami might be classed as "an act of God" anyway.

edit on 15-4-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join