It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Deadly time vortex appears over Antarctica

page: 2
93
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RufusDriftwood
You guys have vivid imaginations.
I wouldn't trust anything that involves the French! They eat snails don't you know!?


Thank God for vivid imaginations or we probably wouldn't have light bulbs, much less the computer or a cell phone, just to name a few things from vivid imaginations




posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The first and second post at the bottom of the article pretty much nailed it. I bet they are ATS posters.
:lol

If you like that you will like this one...Link
Or this one..Link
edit on 13-4-2011 by Digital_Reality because: ugh...



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality
 


Someone on that page also posted an interesting link about a giant vortex at the south pole of Venus.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

There could be a nugget of truth in this. Time vortex? Not so sure.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
... image clipped...


Is there a point to your post? Its grossly off-topic at best.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq
 


That image works as a response to anything.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've been looking into the date, Jan 27th, 1965 and I cannot find anything of interest, but I did find something that relates to this topic and date.....in 1967.




The Outer Space Treaty, as it is known, was the second of the so-called "nonarmament" treaties; its concepts and some of its provisions were modeled on its predecessor, the Antarctic Treaty.


Link



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I've been looking into the date, Jan 27th, 1965 and I cannot find anything of interest, but I did find something that relates to this topic and date.....in 1967.




The Outer Space Treaty, as it is known, was the second of the so-called "nonarmament" treaties; its concepts and some of its provisions were modeled on its predecessor, the Antarctic Treaty.


Link



Amazing find! I don't think someone can make this kind of stuff up.. this is some crazy scifi weirdness... and truth is stranger than fiction.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
first jurassic park and now the thing, sheesh

next itll be planet of the apes.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So what they did is make a time warp to allow them to put weapons in space before the treaty was put in.. and no one else can do it because of the treaty.. Holy crap.. this is too weird not to be true! God only knows what other weirdness they have done if they are capable of this...



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That was a great story, and the picture of the opening in Antartica is real, I've seen it posted about twice here on ATS. you can find it on Google Earth.

The rest of the story, not so sure about, but we sure should keep an eye on this.


Peace



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
slightly interesting and well written article presenting a good amount of information but unfotunately no links to supportng evidence or articles.
The first thing i would question is the statement of a device which can detect the date, what device can do this an dhow, i think if this can be answered it would lend a bit more credibility to the story ( at least for me it would)



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
slightly interesting and well written article presenting a good amount of information but unfotunately no links to supportng evidence or articles.
The first thing i would question is the statement of a device which can detect the date, what device can do this an dhow, i think if this can be answered it would lend a bit more credibility to the story ( at least for me it would)


It's called a chronometer.. I just started reading about it. I was wondering the same thing.. this is the only thing that doesn't make sense.. why would thye send this into it? That part doesn't make sense and sounds fishy.. but then the 1965 and avoiding the weapons in space makes HUGE sense and is too weird to be made up.. so it's perplexing.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Just an observation;

This date, "January 27, 1965." could be the zero or home date for the CMOS clock chip (RTC) that is being used in the instrument. There are many varieties of zero dates in various clock chips depending upon the OS or Controller used , and also in the chip driver (in firmware) itself.

Much like removing the backup battery to your clock chip, you may get a zero date reading from your computers or mobile device once the RTC chip is reset and you will get a date like 1 Jan 1970, or 17 Dec 1969, and hundreds of other variations depending upon the algo used to slice time in the chip (time elapsed in ms since the chip was reset and set to the proper date).

It makes sense in this scenario where the instrument is set for the current date , sent into this magnetic vortex and then comes back always set to this one date. Could be a case of so much EMF that it crashes the clock and it just keeps coming back reset. Plausible.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Just an observation;

This date, "January 27, 1965." could be the zero or home date for the CMOS clock chip (RTC) that is being used in the instrument. There are many varieties of zero dates in various clock chips depending upon the OS or Controller used , and also in the chip driver (in firmware) itself.

Much like removing the backup battery to your clock chip, you may get a zero date reading from your computers or mobile device once the RTC chip is reset and you will get a date like 1 Jan 1970, or 17 Dec 1969, and hundreds of other variations depending upon the algo used to slice time in the chip (time elapsed in ms since the chip was reset and set to the proper date).

It makes sense in this scenario where the instrument is set for the current date , sent into this magnetic vortex and then comes back always set to this one date. Could be a case of so much EMF that it crashes the clock and it just keeps coming back reset. Plausible.



It's good thinking on your part but I would think the people with the tech mgiht be aware of that possibility if it was the case. I would think they would know of that possible error and make that known. It's tough to know much though without knowing how the device worked and what other devices were on there. I wonder if it had GPS on it.. the reading sshould have stopped when going back in time because there would be no contact and it likely wouldn't be "tuned" to another different GPS system set up in 1965.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT
 


Ok i am a bit more interested but only because of the possibility that technological advance may have occured that we are not aware of yet. Though i am only a bit less skeptical

The purpose of a chronometer is to measure accurately the time of a known fixed location, for example Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). This is particularly important for navigation. Knowing GMT at local noon allows a navigator to use the time difference between the ship's position and the Greenwich Meridian to determine the ship's longitude. As the Earth rotates at a regular rate, the time difference between the chronometer and the ship's local time can be used to calculate the longitude of the ship relative to the Greenwich Meridian (defined as 0°) using spherical trigonometry. In modern practice, a navigational almanac and trigonometric sight-reduction tables permit navigators to measure the Sun, Moon, visible planets, or any of 57 navigational stars at any time that the horizon is visible.

It seems that this device was actually used to pinpoint time at certain locations based on other physical observations, not days and years

@ charlyv :
I am more inclined to relate to an idea like that, which i will note does not disprove the stories validity as to a vortex of some sort being present.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT
 


I kind of agree that they should know. There is a state register that usually traps a reset and clamps the last known good time so the OS knows it had a power failure. I wonder about this to. All in all, a rather interesting anomaly and I like this thread and want to see where it goes. Thanks!

added: It is possible the EMF was so great it zaps the state register as well, however that would usually be indicated by a zero or random value indicating that this happened as well.!
edit on 13-4-2011 by charlyv because: for spelling and added content



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I wonder if they sent something like this up?

hetlo.co.cc...

"Adventure Watch with Barometer / Compass / Altimeter / Chronometer"



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT
 


Ha! "Just keeps on tickin"

Disclaimer: Warantee void if exposed to a magnetic vortex.....



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

After a several minutes, they decided to retrieve the balloon. Despite some difficulty with the winch they succeeded in bringing the balloon back to earth and checked the instruments. McLein stated that everyone was stunned by the readout on the chronometer. It displayed a date decades in the past: January 27, 1965.

If you sent a chronometer back in time it might come back with a difference in time between it and a currant watch (ie. Missing time), however, its certainly not going to magically reset its time to the date at the other end of the portal. That is unless some compulsive person on the other side reset it to their local time.

BTW… anytime I see “Russian” anything in a news article I always assume the author is Sorcha Faal.

For those who don't know this, here is the local news paper:
antarcticsun.usap.gov...
Its business as usual down there, and any member who feels inclined to go there in search of this vortex can easily apply for a position through Raytheon Polar Services:
rpsc.raytheon.com...



new topics

top topics



 
93
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join