It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly time vortex appears over Antarctica

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
could it of been Nazi's? sounds funny i know, but the technology they had come up with in 15 years was astonishing, imagine what they could come up in 70 years... But i read a book about how nazi's escaped persecution by getting in a Uboat, and going to antartica(?)... the nazi's were indeed studying several things "along those lines" but who knows???

edit on 14-4-2011 by Thinair1 because: a word was spelled wrong

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
My gut says hoax on this one. In the past (no pun intended), Before it's news has proven to be less than reliable. It's sort of like a paranormal/alternative news tabloid.

But if this is real and we could send messages into the past, I'd send a message to my maternal grandfather, who has always been into the stock market. The message would read "Microsoft. Invest in Microsoft and Google and Apple. Buy as much as you can. I'll see you in 26 years!!! k thx"

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
National security issues move along serfs nothing to see here. here we go again, the government is protecting you from yourself

\
O.P. first thing that came to mind was the song by Rob Zombie-White Zombie, not sure if it was 1965- or Black Sunshine

Very nice find

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
My gut says hoax on this one. In the past (no pun intended), Before it's news has proven to be less than reliable. It's sort of like a paranormal/alternative news tabloid.

But if this is real and we could send messages into the past, I'd send a message to my maternal grandfather, who has always been into the stock market. The message would read "Microsoft. Invest in Microsoft and Google and Apple. Buy as much as you can. I'll see you in 26 years!!! k thx"

What if you erase yourself out of existence by giving him stock advice?

Anyway, on topic, beforeitsnews is super not credible.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That's where they buried all the E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial video game catridges!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I read the linked article...

There no links or article references to any of the stories this guy claims. There's also no dates as to when some of these almost "unbelievable" events took place.

As one bizarre event followed another, a research team of US and UK scientists accidentally came across a mind-numbing discovery. While working on a joint weather research project, the team witnessed the creation of a spinning vortex of time.

When did this vortex happen? I can't any other mention of it in any mainstream media site.

Everything in the article seems to play on the archetypal teasers the conspiracy world thrives on : govt coverup, unexplainable disappearances, time travel, ancient cvilisation/alien buildings, etc.

I think it's fake until i see this covered by a recognisable media centre.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Yeah I read about that too. That story was a hoax. There was no such wikileak....sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That source doesn't sound objective at all.

Does that Scorcha Faal knobhead have anything to do with it?
edit on 14-4-2011 by AtraxRobustus because: Jack Daniels

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing in time-travel. How can time even exist if all this is just a single momentum, one single movement of energy? If time travel exists, then that means that everything that happens is stored somewhere, like a harddrive. Where would that be?
Nothing really happens, it's just a memory. There is only the past and that consists of memory. Whatever you travel back to has to be nothing but memory right...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I speculate as this too might be the reason for the reported main stream news stating, " our ozone levels are gone in this area."

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

oh yeah... good point.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

Too bad the Nazi's fell 20 years before 1965. Its not that stupid hole again is it? Maybe the Russians are having issues with the Earth's South Magnetic Pole, the wandering point on the Earth's surface where the geomagnetic field lines are directed vertically upwards. The South Geomagnetic Pole is the point where the axis of this best-fitting tilted dipole intersects the Earth's surface in the southern hemisphere. As of 2005 it was calculated to be near the Vostok Station. Because the field is not an exact dipole, the South Geomagnetic Pole does not coincide with the South Magnetic Pole. Furthermore, the South Geomagnetic Pole is wandering for the same reason its northern magnetic counterpart wanders.

I'm not sure that earth 'subterrene' performs in ice the way it does in earth, and its not a laser cutter, that's just garbage talk. A subterrene works by utilizing forward pressure and massive amounts of heat to push through rock. The front of the machine is equipped with a stationary drill tip which is kept between to 1,300–1,700 °F (700–930 °C). The molten rock leftover from drilling is immediately turned into a glass-like material and coats the inner diameter of the tunnel, creating an initial tunnel liner. Massive amounts of energy are required to heat the drill head, which is supplied via nuclear power or electricity. All of this is in stark contrast to traditional TBMs, which grind away at rock instead, however the results are similar. Patents issued in the 1970s indicate that US scientists had planned on utilizing nuclear power to liquefy lithium metal and circulate it to the front of the machine drill.

The prototype has been produced and successfully tested until its nuclear reactor blew out.

That machine simply does not exist, and its not American either, its Russian!
edit on 14-4-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
I did a quick search on that date just to see, and it seems a lot of "Electrical" type things came into play on that date.

electrical things came into play? lol nice and vague

where in your thread does it say its a deadly time votex?

or am i sposed to go research that myself?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
TOTALLY sounds like a hoax. Give us a source, SOMETHING!!! Come on.
But... if the time travel angle is real...maybe this is why China is banning 'time-travel' movies, etc. in conjunction with their crackdown on the arts????

SOURCE: business.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You need understand how the site "before it's news" works.

Anyone can post anything they want, any story, no matter how outlandish,with no sources or references, and then people vote on whether they believe it to be fact or fiction.

also

to the poster a few pages back who said he "didn't think someone could make up a story like this".........you need to read more fiction mate.......especially sci-fi

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Star Gate anyone!!
In the sci fi series on sci fi channel, when stargate SG1 was being played... 1996 or so i guess, they discover a super weapon created by the ancients in Antarctica under the ice!
Initially they do not understand how it works, but figure it out and save earth from an alien invasion.

This series was created in close guidance under the air force and some officials from the air force have appeared on the show as well

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

It could be Megatron (Transformers) also....and the fog, etc reminds me of the storm in the movie Final Countdown.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I'd suspect this is all a Viral marketing campaign geared towards the release of the remake of John Carpenter film "The Thing" .

An object is found deep beneath the ice and they dig it out. Crashed spaceship with monsters. Suprise!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

So....is ATS just becoming a (not as funny) version of "the Onion"?? The "National Enquirer"?? The "Sun"??

ANY thread link that takes a viewer to the site "beforeitsnews" is already a joke, a travesty and a waste of time...and yes, I KNOW which forum this thread is (NOW) in (not sure if it started out here, or was moved)...but, back in the day, here on ATS, such things could be seriously made fun of properly (is that an oxymoron?) down in the Below Top Secret area. Now referred to as "OffTopic". Fun and games? Belong there......

(OR....this should be "Hoax"....either/or......)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Uhm... because ATS is not a joke. ATS is serious journalism

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join