It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus predicts April earthquake?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
reply to post by Mercurio

If I google Attica, it is a territory in ancient Greece

Sorry, beat me to it
edit on 13-4-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

Although Nostradamus lived during the time the word "America" was coined, it probably was not in common usage yet. Even if it was, he may still have misheard it as Attica. I know what Attica is, that's not the point.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

I've also seen that first quatrain interpreted as an earthquake uncovering the tomb of Peter, the founder of the Catholic Church

Or maybe the discovery of the tomb is a sign of the earthquake to come? So we know that it is about to happen. I don't know...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
Century 5, Quatrain 31
Through Attica, fountain of wisdom,
At present the rose of the world:
The bridge ruined, and its great pre-eminence
Will be subjected, a wreck amidst the waves.

My interpretation of this is that the bridge he is talking about is the Rio Antirrio bridge in Greece.

That would be a literal interpretation, which is just as valid. Thanks for the input

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Imogene72

The fountain of wisdom was written there.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

Let's hope we are wrong, although the passage is pretty (crystal) clear.
I do have a question though. How can we know it is going to happen April
2011 and not 2012 or 2013? Is there a way to understand which one of all
Aprils he meant?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio

Century 5, Quatrain 31
Through Attica, fountain of wisdom,
At present the rose of the world:
The bridge ruined, and its great pre-eminence
Will be subjected, a wreck amidst the waves.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: Oh! I forgot to mention... Athens is right by the sea (a wreck amidst the waves).

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
6:66

Sounds like the tomb of General Artorius being found to me. I like how you get the date of 4-22. That certainly fits into the schemes of the Satanic ruling elite's favorite time of the year.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
Century 6, Quatrain 66
(666?)

At the foundation of the new sect,
The bones of the great Roman will be found,
A sepulchre covered by marble will appear,
Earth to quake in April poorly buried

this revealing...appears to me to be the archeology discovery of a tomb...

probably a tomb of the Roman Centurian (found in the Bible) who appeared to
become a Christian (cult member) after he met Jesus face-to-face according to the scriptures.

the converted Roman Centurian likely retired to a pleasant community... something like a Pompei,
which got covered in meters of volcanic ash.
all of which might explain the Quatrains': poorly buried --marble Sepulchre, interring a great Roman,
who was noted as a Centurian first and a Christian cultist as a close second.

the only value this accidental find would have is to underscore the validity of the ancient writers accounts in the Bible... the remains would not become religious relics or icons

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This is weird, for me, and has never happened before. Last night, I dreamed that I woke up (one morning) as the news was breaking that Greece had just suffered a 9.9 earthquake. I remember the 'dream me' being convulsed with shock at the magnitude and the images.

Of course one could argue that anxiety is lurking in my subconcious re all the quakes already occurring...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
We should be using the original text which if I recall properly is in French.

Via translation and interpretation, the English version may not be saying exactly what the French version may be saying.

We need the original French version and should conduct all work from that version.

-E2

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

I had a weird dream concerning Greece about a week ago too, but yours seems a lot stronger and clear.
You kinda scared me ...
edit on 14-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

We need the original French version and should conduct all work from that version.

Indeed, as the exact version of french would be essential to getting a full accurate translation. the french language has many nuances and in some cases, there are no easy translations from french to English to get the same point across. I still don't buy the numbers games and replacing or inverting letters or words and such, but at least going from the original text, you'd have a leg to stand on.

I still think they are so vague as to make it possible to apply these "predictions" to numerous events over the centuries. In fact, i wouldn't at all be surprised that during every epoc since these were written, that events match up.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Imogene72

Sorry. Not my intention to scare, I assure you. That's why I added the little caviat - I think we need to be careful about 'putting stuff ' out there. I believe I dreamt what I did due to reading too much about the different earth shifts occurring lately. I likely got spooked and am processing it in my dream world...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately for the Nostradamus enthusiasts, no evidence to date exists that anyone can "see the future". This quatrain, like all his others, is terribly vague and contains no useful predictive information. Why do we - in the 21st century - believe that we can use medieval poetry as a crystal ball?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
This is weird, for me, and has never happened before. Last night, I dreamed that I woke up (one morning) as the news was breaking that Greece had just suffered a 9.9 earthquake. I remember the 'dream me' being convulsed with shock at the magnitude and the images.

Of course one could argue that anxiety is lurking in my subconcious re all the quakes already occurring...

9+9=18

Century 6, Quatrain 66. 6+6+6=18, 1+8=9
Century 5, Quatrain 31 5+3+1 = 9

The numbers in your dream and the first quatrain add up to the same number (18). 9.9 is also two sixes upside down, which is the number of the quatrain (66). Both quatrains add up to 9, which is two 9's, like in 9.9.

freaky...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

french versions of Century 5, Quatrain 31 and Century 6, Quatrain 66:

Century 5, Quatrain 31;

Par terre Attique chef de la sapience,
Qui de present est la rose du monde:
Pont ruiné, & sa grande preeminence [ruyné]
Sera subdite & naufrage des ondes. [vndes]

Century 6, Quatrain 66

Au fondement de la nouuelle secte,
Seront les os du grand Romain trouuez,
Sepulchre en marbre apparoistra couuerte,
Terre trembler en Auril, mal enfoüetz.

links cercle.nostra.online.fr...

cercle.nostra.online.fr...

cercle.nostra.online.fr...

still thinking of what it could mean, even if you speak french as i do, his texts are never easy to understand what he meant.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

In my opinion
he is not speaking of a fountain of wisdom but the land of wisdom(dont know if that makes a difference)
Attica has to do with Greece
the rose; vulnerable? as in greece and his vulnerable economics for the moment?(so reffering again to greece,to the land)
the bridge; could be a structural bridge or a bridge as in transport by sea or connection to the outside world?

with his texts you can think what you want at the end or after something happens say, ooh yes, nostradamus sais that

edit on 14-4-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Woa! That IS freaky...

second line

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses

Woa! That IS freaky...

second line

I think the date may be April 22nd. The date April 22 can be derived from 11:11. which is a numerological phenomenon corresponding with major events (the Japan earthquake and tsunami occurred on an 11th, in the 11th year). When you add up all the 1's in 11:11 you get 4, which represents April. Then you add up 1 and 1 to get 2, and the other 1 and 1 to get 2, put that together and you get 22. There are also two 11's in the year 2011 when you break down 2 into two 1's and then put that beside the 11.

the full date 4/22/2011 can be broken down into SIX sets of 11 if you get each 2 into two 1's and put those together to make 11, and break the four into two 2's and then do the same with those 2's.

When you multiply 11 x 6 you get 66 which is the number of the quatrain I referred to, The 6 sets , which add up to 66, points to Century 6 Quatrain 66, which itself refers to an earthquake in April. This connects it to Nostradamus. What is 66 divided by 6? 11. Need I say more?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Head spinning calculating that you just did there - I'm crap at maths so had to read it 3 times!
Meanwhile we keep calm and carry on as usual and just wait for the 22nd to roll round...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join