It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus predicts April earthquake?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Century 6, Quatrain 66
(666?)

At the foundation of the new sect,
The bones of the great Roman will be found,
A sepulchre covered by marble will appear,
Earth to quake in April poorly buried.

My Nostradamus book interprets it thusly "The order (sect) founded by St. Francis, for whom San Francisco is named. A major earthquake will occur in April as it once already did in 1906."

The author believes a quake in San Francisco will happen again?

This quatrain may be related

Century 5, Quatrain 31
Through Attica, fountain of wisdom,
At present the rose of the world:
The bridge ruined, and its great pre-eminence
Will be subjected, a wreck amidst the waves.

The Golden Gate Bridge ruined, torn apart something that could only occur in an earthquake. Parts of the bridge will be floating in the waves. What other bridge comes to mind when we think of great bridges? It is the most famous bridge. Nostradamus says "Attica" which like "Hister" in another prophecy could be a name he misheard. What he really heard could have been America.

now possible dates playing around with the quatrain numbers (key word, possible. I'm not making a prophetic prediction...)

6+6+6=24. April 24th
6x6=36-6=30. April 30th.
31-5=April 26th
6+6+6+4 (4th line where earthquake is mentioned, and 4 representing the 4th month, April)=22. April 22nd.
3+1+5+4 (4th line as well)=13. April 13th.

I'm not saying I'm a prophet like 9Nania does. I'm just trying to see if Nostradamus is warning us about an impending earthquake. No need to troll me...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
6+6+6 = 18

I've also seen that first quatrain interpreted as an earthquake uncovering the tomb of Peter, the founder of the Catholic Church

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

I'm not saying I'm a prophet like 9Nania does. I'm just trying to see if Nostradamus is warning us about an impending earthquake.

Hopefully you don't take this as a troll but..... If you can mix and match, decide even though he said Attica he meant America.... how can any of these be prophecies by Nostradamus? they are merely peoples interpretations of them. I've never understood this in relation to Nostradamus.

how exactly is it a prediction if i have to play numbers games and replace letters or full words?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm not too savy when it comes to interpretation of the prophecys but isn't Attica(prison) just off of the coast in
San Francisco?or do I have it wrong?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I think you are referring to the prison is Attica, New York.

Attica Correctional Facility

Be Well.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Obviously, you have clearly stated that you are just guessing, but...

If a major quake does occur in San Fransisco, in the near future, and especially on one of the dates that you mention, then I will take this more seriously. Don't get me wrong, I do find his quatrains to be interesting, but it just always seems that the connection is only made after the fact. I would think that by now, someone who has been deeply researching and studying Nostradamus for decades, would maybe be able to interpret an accurate prediction before the fact. They are all so vague that they can be easily interpreted after.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bishop2199

I think you are referring to the prison is Attica, New York.

Attica Correctional Facility

Be Well.
oops my memory is having a glitch,what is the one off the coast of California?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
well nothing happened on 6/6/06...........

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You may be thinking of Alcatraz Island.

Alcatraz Island

Be Well.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You're thinking of Alcatraz

Line 2

ooo i got beat to it lol
edit on 13-4-2011 by ComplexSimplicity because: cuz im slow

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You mention April, but doesn't April come around every year? What makes you think it could be April 2011 and not some other year, just asking?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

lol now the world mooves with numbers ?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Century 5, Quatrain 31

My interpretation of this is that the bridge he is talking about is the Rio Antirrio bridge in Greece.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
Century 6, Quatrain 66
(666?)

At the foundation of the new sect,
The bones of the great Roman will be found,
A sepulchre covered by marble will appear,
Earth to quake in April poorly buried.

My Nostradamus book interprets it thusly "The order (sect) founded by St. Francis, for whom San Francisco is named. A major earthquake will occur in April as it once already did in 1906."

The author believes a quake in San Francisco will happen again?

This quatrain may be related

Century 5, Quatrain 31

The Golden Gate Bridge ruined, torn apart something that could only occur in an earthquake. Parts of the bridge will be floating in the waves. What other bridge comes to mind when we think of great bridges? It is the most famous bridge. Nostradamus says "Attica" which like "Hister" in another prophecy could be a name he misheard. What he really heard could have been America.

now possible dates playing around with the quatrain numbers (key word, possible. I'm not making a prophetic prediction...)

6+6+6=24. April 24th
6x6=36-6=30. April 30th.
31-5=April 26th
6+6+6+4 (4th line where earthquake is mentioned, and 4 representing the 4th month, April)=22. April 22nd.
3+1+5+4 (4th line as well)=13. April 13th.

I'm not saying I'm a prophet like 9Nania does. I'm just trying to see if Nostradamus is warning us about an impending earthquake. No need to troll me...

6+6+6= 18, not 24. Not to discredit your post. I'm open minded.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"Earth to quake in April poorly buried"

It could be earth to quake in April , poorly buried or earth to quake, in April poorly buried.
So it could mean an earth quake in April or the roman was poorly buried in April.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

Century 5, Quatrain 31

Could be Greece.. My first thought too. Attica is the province where Athens, capital of Greece, is situated. Athens was the mother of philosophy, home to Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and countless other famous people. The city who gave birth to democracy. I am pointing this out because the passage of Nostradamus as posted above specifically mentions the word "wisdom".

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
Century 5, Quatrain 31

Could be Greece.. My first thought too. Attica is the province where Athens, capital of Greece, is situated. Athens was the mother of philosophy, home to Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and countless other famous people. The city who gave birth to democracy. I am pointing this out because the passage of Nostradamus as posted above specifically mentions the word "wisdom".

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

Definitely refers to Greece. And perhaps the historic bridge at Hellespont. That's what I first thought of, at any rate.
I suppose one could say that America is a picture of Greco-democracy and the (present rose of the world) -- loosely. Perhaps a poetic reference to a country that didn't exist in the 16th century.

But this is the problem with Nostradamus: if one must look for the symbolism and produce the relationships with our minds, one will no doubt find something to fit in his imagination.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Yes, that bridge is a bet... I thought of this one, situated in the heart of Athens, and designed from Calatrava for the Olympic Games that Athens hosted in 2004... Very majestic.

static.flickr.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

If I google Attica, it is a territory in ancient Greece

Sorry, beat me to it
edit on 13-4-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
6+6+6 = 18

I've also seen that first quatrain interpreted as an earthquake uncovering the tomb of Peter, the founder of the Catholic Church

Oops you're right. Well I can't edit it now to put 18th. So I guess my terrible math mistake will be left there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join