It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Corps Urgently Requests Bulletproof Underwear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

I understand that, my point is that you didn't like to wear them, but they were issued to you.

The same will happen with this joke of equipment.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

solid snakes suit!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Well like I said I wore skivvies for either 6 or 9 days after having an eruption of boils in the vicinity of my crotch but they were all I had to wear while at the beach and we all turned them in when we left to go back out in the bush... We were issued blue plastic rain suits that were made in Hong Kong in late 1968 and found that we were just as wet wearing them as we would have been without them.. I figure that someone some where made a killing by selling the military those things... Like you, I am pretty sure the magic skivvies will be tolerated for 24 hours at the most by those that are out humping in the hills and mountains. I also think the armed drones are terribly flawed and will account for more friendly fire casualties than not. A local Marine S/Sgt was buried at one of the state military cemeteries because of one of those damned things... My gig in Vietnam was ground to air liaison which entailed coordinating close air support generally for a company size unit or smaller.. One of the aerial observers had shot all of his white phosphorus marking rockets on enemy in the open that we had broken contact with and we were strafed with 20mm cannon from a F4 while carrying wounded up a hill to a place to have them lifted out because I only had FM capabilities with a PRC-25 and the OA had to relay to the jets on UHF frequencies... The guy behind me and the CO to my right received superficial wounds but I was able to let the AO know what was happening and he diverted the second F4 that was rolling in hot with snake and nape... That plane was low enough that we could feel the heat from it when he pulled out but at the speed he was traveling there was no way he could tell if we were friendlies or not....There are sure a lot of people getting rich off of contracts on this situation just like on the others that require people to kill or be killed.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Like you, I am pretty sure the magic skivvies will be tolerated for 24 hours at the most by those that are out humping in the hills and mountains.

I'm telling you now that I wore the 'magic skivvies' every time I left the PB. I've seen the results of even light shrapnel/propelled debris following an IED smashing into peoples wedding tackle - It's not pretty. Even bits of grit smashing into you following a blast can penetrate the skin and it's this type of stuff that is damaging peoples nuts. It's not the sort of injury that makes the headlines but micro-shrapnel ripping your balls apart is pretty significant to the recipient.

OK the tier 2 groin protector is uncomfortable, but you only put that on when the risk is high. The tier 1 underwear in not obtrusive and will stop the light stuff. It's a bit warm but you get used to it. I found it also helps stop your legs chafing when you're patrolling for long periods, but that's just me (silver lining and all that jazz).

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Am I the only one that though of the scene from Super Troopers when they read this? But bullet proof underwear?? Really? I could understand an Undershirt made from kevlar, but this is kind of ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by THEuntouchable

Why? Do you undervalue your neitherregions?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey

No, I just think a that the groin gaurds they wear plus the cup underneath that should be plenty.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So it looks like marines won't be reproducing much. This garment sounds like a sperm killer. I bet the health issues these underwear cause injures more marines than explosions.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEuntouchable

Originally posted by JJRichey

No, I just think a that the groin gaurds they wear plus the cup underneath that should be plenty.

Then you clearly don't understand the mechanics of an explosion. If a soldier is close to an IED blast the pressure wave causes a 'blast wind' that often lifts or detaches the groin guard on the interceptor. Think of that picture of Maralyn Monroe when she walks over the street vent. The blast travels beneath the armour. The new issue stuff is wrapped around the area so increases the protection. The cup that some soldiers wear is designed for sports impact protection and has the ballistic protection of a soggy tea bag.

So it looks like marines won't be reproducing much. This garment sounds like a sperm killer. I bet the health issues these underwear cause injures more marines than explosions.

Not really an issue unless you want to start reproducing in the middle of Afghanistan. Any heat-related fertility issues will soon sort themselves out once back in a cooler environment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join