It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas: Weird Signal at AG.WLAR?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I live in Hot Springs.

A large majority of the locals here believe that our waters are naturally hot because we are above a volcano. The geologic concensus is that rainwater trickles down through cracks and other porous area into the deep earth where it is heated and then propelled back up. Any volcanic activity here ceased something like 200 milliion years ago.

Some studies on the water show it to be 4000 years old, with some springs containing traces of elements that could date it at around 20 years old.

My question would be, if magmatic activity has renewed in the area, would it cause a temperature increase, or a change in the compounds and elements in the natural springs in the area?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

If they were to go dry that would be a bad sign.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by derek_m24

But the largest diamond found in the state came from Searcy and there is no diamond mine there or chutes that are known about. Arkansas has a volcanic past without a doubt the proof is everywhere. There are caves and crystal mines and lots of other minerals found here that easily prove the past. How long does it take to do the kind of studies to show what is moving under us. Don't we have sat's orbiting the planet that can measure the depths with infrared or whatever they use to see what is going on under the ground. I know there are other methods too, but how long does that take in reality? Then make this information available to the public.

Susan... they probably do. But you hit the nail on the head when you said "make this information available to the public".

Allowing my inner conspirator out for a moment here... they just said Yellowstone is much bigger than previously thought. What... are they saying that so when she blows, they can claim, "oh sorry, we just didn't know"!?!?!?

I always go back to "mass panic" when I think about these things. Why would they tell anyone, anything, when complete mayhem would ensue. You know?!?! It's not right, but they have lied to us before and they will lie to us again.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Another Quake in Nevada. A 1.1, 2 km down. Things really are starting to become alarming and I am NOT a run to the hills type of person.

Woah! then right in a row, two more in Nevada: A 1.9 and a 1.5.

But looking back two hours ago, there was: a 4.5, 4.4, 4.2 3.6 and a 3.5. All clustered in the same area and all within about a 27 minute time period.

Well, at least Yellowstone is relatively inactive.

edit on 13-4-2011 by wrathofall because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by wrathofall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

Lets hope yellowstone stays that way, I think we all should keep watch though.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

My question would be, if magmatic activity has renewed in the area, would it cause a temperature increase, or a change in the compounds and elements in the natural springs in the area?

I have wondered this too. I would think that it would but I don't know. Do you know anyone that works with any of the hot springs bath houses or that might have something to offer there?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I know some folks from Hot Springs. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they know anyone that works at the bath houses that wouldn't mind me asking a few questions.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
bigthink.com...

I tripped over this link... i hope i posted it right.

yup it worked... this links to MANY volcano webcams.. some with timelapse enjoy!

edit on 14-4-2011 by ShakenAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
WLAR at it again

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join