It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas: Weird Signal at AG.WLAR?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Anyone want to guess what this is?

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Those are pretty good sized. The opening one of the sequence was 600+ microns/sec in GEE. That's a little much for man made activity, and the subsequent ones are maintaining 40 to 60.

And that registered over 100 microns/sec at TX.X40A, some 50 miles away. Not likely man made.
edit on Wed Apr 13th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Also, note the sensitivity at 500 mv. Those have to be pretty good sized to register that big at that sensitivity.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Anyone want to guess what this is?

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Those are pretty good sized. The opening one of the sequence was 600+ microns/sec in GEE. That's a little much for man made activity, and the subsequent ones are maintaining 40 to 60.

And that registered over 100 microns/sec at TX.X40A, some 50 miles away. Not likely man made.

Hummm, Seismic event.

Did you saw this?

Geomagnetic Storm in Progress - 13 Apr 2011 - Can it cause a large quake?,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can this be related?

edit on 13-4-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Not sure if it could be related. Maybe.

But AG.WLAR has finally settled down to normal background rates, at round 2 microns/sec.

This station has been having some weird things like this for a while now. I think it may be related to the activity up near Guy/Greenbriar. I suspect it is magma intrusion, and I can't get one of my pro contacts to answer my email all of a sudden about the low velocity zone under Arkansas. He's answered everything else, but on this? Silence.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

He's answered everything else, but on this? Silence.

Not good.

Silence is gold, but in this case is scary. Lets hope dont be nothing.

Keep us informed.

edit on 13-4-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

So, your suspecting Magma intrusion under Central Arkansas? New volcano in the making? I'm not doubting you, just trying to be sure I read it correctly. With the diamond field, volcanic vents, hot springs, and ancient mountain ranges in the area, I think it is plausible that it could wake back up sometime!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There were two seismic events 6 hours ago in your area. I use a live earth quake map and i have been religiously watching it and you would be surprised the amount of activity that doesn't get covered in the news. As well as alot of weird events out of Nevada that are at 0.0 KM meaning ground level.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I know this is really old news,I just never heard of it before.
It's about a volcano in Arkansa in 1856
www.suite101.com...

Found this tidbit of info also on Arkansa
vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...
edit on 13-4-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Oh, there's definitely evidence of a low velocity zone. They found that years ago. What no one knows is if it's magma or water or gas. And that's what I have been patiently waiting for a pro opinion on. So tired of waiting. Arkansas has a very volcanic past, and it would not be that surprising. But if it is so, that's something that needs to get out to the public.

Everyone's been saying it is fracking, and I am just like "well yeah, maybe." But maybe not.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I sent it to local tv stations to call it to their attention, and posted it on facebook, waverly, tn has the same type of things, but this station has not been doing this type of events, maybe if the news get pushing there we might be able to get an answer. There is a lot that is not being updated here. We shook a few times last night and someone confirmed it to the west of me as they did too. I am afraid the fracking is triggering an event sooner rather than nature doing it on it's own.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.earth-issues.com...

JUst read this today in regards to the NM fault and GOM. Interesting read....you can probably follow it better than I can, I read about this before when we had the oil spill and subsequent "well capping" This article brings to light more receent events and tries to correlate them.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Odd - you should ask Puterman to have a listen to it. It might give us some insight.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

You ask him. Lately I can't even get him to answer a PM.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That volcano was right down the road from me. The thing is, I can't figure out exactly what mountain it was supposed to be (there are quite a few around there). Of course, it COULD be a made-up story for the newspaper, but it could also be true. Especially since on the other Arkansas thread, I posted an earthquake I found that was also near where this supposed volcano erupted.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was still volcanic activity here. It would surprise me even less if they already know about it and just don't want to tell anyone because of the panic issue.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I know this is really old news,I just never heard of it before.
It's about a volcano in Arkansa in 1856
www.suite101.com...

Found this tidbit of info also on Arkansa
vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...
edit on 13-4-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

And check it out:

Jurassic or Triassic:1
Intrusion of small localized bodies of magma in southern Arkansas, which crystallized to form igneous rocks.

Guess where AG.WLAR is?

Yup.

So maybe it's not as crystallized as they think.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Again this brings to my attention - Fracking is bad! Here we have and sleeping Volcano which could be waking up. Has the Fracking nearby woken the Volcano? As we know from Yellowstone, Water is a key ingredient in that irritates her and lubricates the faults. Could the Fracking in AR be lubricating the faults to the old Volcano? And to think they want to Frack next to Yellowstone - Madness.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And just for the record:

Date: 4/13/11

And note the clipped signals. The tops of those big waves are clipped. That doesn't usually happen with man made activity.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Didn't they discover the magma chamber under Yellowstone was much,much bigger than they thought?
Either they just don't know,or something is going on.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

In regards to the article from 1856 describing what could be a volcanic eruption I have no reason to believe that it was made up. Col Logan was apparently a reputable person in his days.

Colonel James Logan, one of the pioneers of Arkansas, and for whom Logan county was named, was born near Danville, Kentucky, in the year 1792, son of David and Rachel Logan. In 1813 he married Rachel Steel, in New Madrid county Missouri. In 1829 or 1830 he moved to Arkansas. In 1834 he represented Crawford county in the Territorial Legislature, and was a Member from Scott county in 1836. He was agent of the Creek Indians for some twelve years. He died in Scott, now Logan, county, in the winter of 1859. Of his family there are two children now living, to-wit: Col. Jonathan Logan, of Yell county, and Mrs. Mary D. Garrett, wife of William Garrett, who was agen of the Creek Indians at or about the time of the late war.

Link

I'm a native of the Ozarks. My family were some of the first to settle the area and this is not too far in the past. My Grandmother (91) arrived in Searcy County via horse drawn carriage. Children were taught traditions that are only passed down orally. Outsiders think we are ignorant while in fact we are very educated and knowledgeable of the ways of the land and such. Its just that we use a very old form of English called Elizabethan English...people think that we are rednecks or uneducated mountain people while neither is true.

My Grandmother told me the following story that sounds an awful lot like a volcano to me:

"Many years ago two boys were playing in a field when they saw the devil. He could change shapes and even appeared headless at one point. The devil then began to scream like a "Black Panther". Fire and smoke came from his mouth...the ground then began to shake. The ground shook so hard that everyone felt it for thousands of miles. She said that the ground shook so hard that whole sides of hills just fell down. The ground kept shaking until the boys started praying to god to forgive them of their sins...then the devil vanished and the shaking stopped."

This is an old folk tell and you can read into what you want. I asked Grandma if this happened when she was alive and she said this must of happened before she was born because she doesn't remember the ground shaking that hard. She said she has felt the ground shake many times but it never amounted to much.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm reminded of a news article I read recently:

ScienceDaily (Mar. 6, 2011) — Until now it was thought that once a volcano's magma chamber had cooled down it remained dormant for centuries before it could be remobilized by fresh magma. A theoretical model developed by Alain Burgisser of the Orléans Institute of Earth Sciences (Institut des Sciences de la Terre d'Orléans -- CNRS/Universités d'Orléans et de Tours) together with a US researcher , was tested on two major eruptions and completely overturned this hypothesis: the reawakening of a chamber could take place in just a few months.

Full article here

If this area has strong evidence of past vulcanism and the supposition behind this article is correct, then we might be witnessing something previously unknown and something that is not just theory.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Some "extinct" volcanoes in the southern area of the USA and other weird little things (proving that there could be one in Arkansas. Of course there is evidence of past activity in Arkansas but nobody has ever said "hey, this is an extinct volcano"):

Mississippi
Georgia
Oklahoma
Texas
(Which by the way, the place I think was the volcano in Arkansas, was called Pilot Knob as well.)
North Carolina (there is more about it if anyone wants to research)
Florida

I also noticed that in a few of those articles, the New Madrid quakes of 1811-1812 were mentioned.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join