It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour's son rampages in London

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Angus:
real men insult people face to face
name calling of people's children from afar
is considered especially manly

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Don't deserve education?
My Friend
You may have paid TOO much for your education, if you have one at all...
and by preserving the elites ability to an education, while preventing the people's access to education,
because you bailed out the educated elites BANKING RETARDEDNESS
with the people's education money:
You guarantee your country's total subservience to any one with grade three.
even Muslims, the French and the Chinese will be smarter and they will/are going to rule you...

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

The UK may not be as bad as the US for libel and slander type cases. Butthe reality is there for someone to get taken to court for things said online. Laws have been put in place for this, and they will be used. Yeah sure, I could get a grip. But I'd rather that idtiots didn't say crap that is baseless rubbsih, which could well ammount to slander, which, if you check the law, can land people in alot of trouble. Or at least, have them a heafty bill to pay. It's called taking responsibility for your actions. Something which completly bypasses many.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
naw
its called insulting people third hand on a forum
so you don't get punched in the nose
like sometimes happens when you insult them face to face

no need to sue...

maybe the kid will show up with an AV and have they can at it...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by angus1745

The UK may not be as bad as the US for libel and slander type cases. Butthe reality is there for someone to get taken to court for things said online. Laws have been put in place for this, and they will be used. Yeah sure, I could get a grip. But I'd rather that idtiots didn't say crap that is baseless rubbsih, which could well ammount to slander, which, if you check the law, can land people in alot of trouble. Or at least, have them a heafty bill to pay. It's called taking responsibility for your actions. Something which completly bypasses many.

Aye, I agree BUT for it to be slander it has to be a lie.

Too many live in fear of litigation if they speak the truth. To most it's better to say nothing than accuse a wrongdoer publicly if you do not have absolute proof of what you are saying.

Personally I think thats bollocks. The guilty should be called on their crimes ALWAYS. Too many villains in this world get off Scot-free because nobody speaks up out of fear of bloody lawyers. Sad.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Looks like we're half in agreement, of sorts. And I agree, it has to be a lie for it to be slander. Which is why I've called the poster out, as I don't believe that Gilmore JR is a heroin addict. It's quite a nasty thing to be called if you're not one. So I'd like to see the proof that this poster has, of Gilmore JR being a junkie smackhead. And whilst again, I agree with you that it's largly bollocks. Laws are there to be used and abused, and they are used and abused. (mostly by those here to "protect us, but that's another thread, and I fear we've strayed a little offtopic as it is)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well done Gilmour jnr.......Shine on you crazy young diamond!!!
edit on 13-4-2011 by Uncle Gravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Can we get back to the Topic, please.

Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour's son rampages in London

This thread isn't about slander and name calling, eh.

TIA

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to: err something above

Floyd members went to cambridge uni, so there's a chance they got the tap on the shoulder at an early age...

i think roger waters was the only one heavily interested in politics tho and if anything his lyrics seem more anti-tptb than pro!

is that a prism or a pyramid i hear you cry tho! well -the artist was Hipgnosis tho, so maybe he'd be a better target for your affections?
edit on 13-4-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm guessing the "smackhead" jibe came from the Daily Mail story where it printed a friend said he may have been on '___'. Typical vague MSM journalism - no proof, no source - but enough for people to pick up on it and label the kid.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think the boy is just using his name to gain some kind of noteriety, probably has an enteurage of sicophantic buddies egging him on. Funny how there seems to be a handful of pics of him carrying on as if he knew people were taking pictures of him because they knew who he was not because of what he was doing.

It boils down to attention seeking, but a certain kind of idiot will always associate such kind of behaviour with drugs. Which of course is an easy connection to make with the Floyd.

I find it hard to believe he was on '___' mainly because that particular drug wouldnt really allow you to behave like that. But in typical press 'factless' fashion there is some vague report that someone said he was on '___' 'gasp', so there it is.

To the ignorant one drug is as bad as another and as far as they are concerned he's a 'crack head' or whatever. The UK press are very good at demonizing people overnight. They can and will print half-truths and lies and sensationalise things way beyond reality.

It's such utter crap when you think about it. Hundreds of protestors and the one with the famous daddy is the only one in trouble. I'll bet he's well chuffed with all this publicity.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
1) The Royals have nothing to do with tuition rates. The monarch stopped playing a role in setting government policy back in the 1700s. Government policy is dictated by the prime minister and Parliament that you elected.

2) College is a privilege, not a right. Boo friggen hoo if you have to pay for it like everybody else on the planet.

No policy becomes legislation in the United Kingdom without the Royal Seal of Approval and Assent. Many of our laws are not introduced via parliament but via the Privy Council which simply requires an audience with the Queen for approval.

It makes Gilmour and his friends rounding on the Royals appear a legitimate act of protest.

Oz

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm only sad that his son apologized. And David Gilmore is still the greatest rock guitarist ever in my opinion. Comfortably Numb is all I have to say, his solo work is excellent, too. Glad the chip off the 'ol block is into protests and anarchy, I'm sure his father is proud.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

Listen you're more than entitled to your opinion. However, if you think Pink Floyd has anything to do with the Illuminati, you are dead wrong.

In fact they are against the TPTB and that's a fact!

I suggest you go back and listen to the lyrics of some of their key songs...

"Pigs on a Wing"
"Brain Damage"
"You Better Run"
"Goodbye Blue Sky"
"Welcome to Machine"

I could go on and on but I think you get the point!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

I didn't say they were part of the illuminati, please reread my post. I just stated the obvious references in their music and symbolism. I'm more inclined to think they are anti-TPTB also. I just thought the connection with Gilmore's son "rampaging" was a little coincedental and put it out there to see what others here thought.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
July 15, 2011

BBC: Charlie Gilmour jailed for student fees demo violence

Charlie Gilmour, son of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour, has been jailed for 16 months for a rampage at a student fees protest in central London.

Gilmour, 21, was accused of throwing a bin at a convoy of cars containing Prince Charles, sitting on a protection officer's car and smashing a window.

The Cambridge University student, of Billingshurst, West Sussex, was bailed in May so he could finish his exams.

Kingston Crown Court heard he had taken '___' and valium before the incident.

Gilmour was among thousands of people who protested in Trafalgar Square and Parliament Square on 9 December 2010.

We don't need no education fees.
We don't need no thought control.
No dark sarcasm in the court room.
Judges, leave them kids alone.
Hey, Judges! Leave them kids alone!
All in all, you're just a-nother brick in the wall.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Mr Peter Dow because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by Mr Peter Dow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
He came across a prancing prat , posing for a record cover in the 1970s.

I respect and admire his Dads musical achievenents, but his son comes across as a spoilt silverspoon doing charity work drunk.

But hey Iam just jealous , he sure has nice hair.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join