It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour's son rampages in London

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It's obvious that Pink Floyd's music and symbolism has a lot of Illuminati undertones, just wondering what folks here thought of Dave Gilmour's son rampages across London.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I think you're looking at a Kid who just like thousands of others got totally fed up with being screwed over University Tuition fees and vented his anger just a little too forcefully. Of course the MSM and their 'neutral' style when portraying events can clearly be seen in the shape of the article..

the Duchess of Cornwall was prodded in the ribs through an open window by an anarchist...

Now how does one distinguish an 'Anarchist' from anyone else who might want to poke her with a stick? Did he have a tattoo on his forehead which said 'I am an Anarchist'?

Protection officers were said to be seconds from pulling out their guns as the gang of thugs 'bayed for blood'

Err..how does one 'Bay for Blood' precisely? I can see young Gilmour and his elite friends surrounding the car and chanting 'We bay for Blood! We bay for Blood!'...

C'mon - the Mail are pissed off because the Royals got poked and scared, famous icons of British Imperialism were damaged, and they are horrified that one of them came from a privileged background. Read the way the article is slanted.

Rich kid gets himself in a drunken, possibly drug fuelled mess - and? Thousands of under privileged kids did the exact same thing on the exact same day. But that aint newsworthy.

Oz

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

umm could it be because the self proclaimed anarchists were the ones going nuts? Im guessing it wasnt people who agreed with whast going on?

Err..how does one 'Bay for Blood' precisely? I can see young Gilmour and his elite friends surrounding the car and chanting 'We bay for Blood! We bay for Blood!'...

Could it have been the fact that they were yelling "Off with their heads" , sounds pretty bloody to me..........

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

And you believe that is in fact what they were shouting? Have you ever gone through the reporting of riot situations in Britain and broken it down afterwards? It is nonsense designed to horrify the masses and ensure no repeat.

May I refer you to the Academic publications 'Bad News' and 'More Bad News' by Glasgow University Media Group - if read in their entirety and accepted then you'd never believe another word read in any tabloid.

Oz

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

1st,dont get me started on pink floyd(luv um to bits)

I,ve got every album of the floyds and i will agree some of their music is farout,but to say theres a message in them is beyond me i,m sorry

the wall is a album you could take as a very deep album,but the few songs gilmours did write on that album are not as deep *snip* as the rest,which rodger walker wrote and he,s not even part of the gruop nowa dayz,also before that you,ve got darkside of the moon and yes the album cover as we all well know is a pyramid with a rainbow coming out the otherside,but apart from this i cant see anything twisted in any of them,all the albums since dave gilmour took over are perfectly normal in my eyes lyrics an all

brillient thread tho my friend,my number one passion is the floyd and you,ve brought me rite into my comfort zone,
for that i will give you and s+f

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on Wed Apr 13 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Chip off of the old block. Even though he's adopted.
People do stupid things when they get messed up.
He probably learned his lesson.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

Ahh considering Ive heard audio and video of them doing it myself.............yes I do..........

Its kind of hard to deny when you see masses of them yelling it, and see their mouths moving!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cut3ypie

Cheers pal, I listened to a couple of albums a few years back, can't profess to be a big fan. I would say though that some of the lyrics are quite obvious:

www.sing365.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Yes just like the footage from Orgreave which showed the Miners attacking Mounted Police. The British Public could see it for themselves on the BBC news...

It took six years for the BBC to confess they edited it to look that way and that in fact the Police had attacked the miners.

Britain's media owes it allegiance to to one objective and one alone - the upholding of the establishment.

Oz

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
He has apologised for his unruly behaviour. Case closed.

Couple of kids misbehaving and they get a 'time out'. Thats all.

(I think a rampage is a little different. Thats the kind of headline tabloids love. Feeding the anger)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
reply to post by cut3ypie

Cheers pal, I listened to a couple of albums a few years back, can't profess to be a big fan. I would say though that some of the lyrics are quite obvious:

www.sing365.com...

oh..........well you got me there lol
i have that album but i will admit its one i cannot get into,but very intresting lyrics,i,m gonna go and read my albums now and look up online,maybe there is a message in there and i,ve simple choson to ignore it
(for all these years!!!
i will be back on this one as you,ve defo made me second guess myself and for that i,m very greatful

i will got and do some refreashing in my mind(not listened to my album for years because i had my kids)and will have more to add later for sure,i,m intreged now
thank you once again

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Just came across a thread from 2005 about Floyd, some good insights there into their lyrics and meanings:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

(I think a rampage is a little different. Thats the kind of headline tabloids love. Feeding the anger)

Coming from and Englishman - To see these idiots hanging off war memorials, pissing on them, daubing them in graffiti, calling Churchill a 'Criminal & murderer.' is enough for me to make my opinion. Instead of being blinkered.

Did you not see the picture of that smackhead Gilmour Jnr hanging off the Union Jack on the cenotaph.

Disqusting. In my opinion that is NOT kids letting off steam but anachists and the enemy.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LondonerBLV

there is no enemy.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Coming from and Englishman - To see these idiots hanging off war memorials, pissing on them, daubing them in graffiti, calling Churchill a 'Criminal & murderer.' is enough for me to make my opinion. Instead of being blinkered.

Did you not see the picture of that smackhead Gilmour Jnr hanging off the Union Jack on the cenotaph.

Disqusting. In my opinion that is NOT kids letting off steam but anachists and the enemy.

Coming from another Englishman - I don't give a hoot about symbols of imperialism and false patriotism represented by stone edficies and statues memorialising bloodshed and the people responsible for it. Every damned war that has been fought has been for profit of the elites and banks. They make money whoever wins, but will whip up ridiculous "patriotism" amongst the masses to go off and die in the name of glory. Sickening and twisted when you actually take the time to stop and think about it.
These memorials DO NOT represent the people who died fighting, but memorialise and glorify the killing. They are monuments to death, and those who caused it still run the world today. I'd like to see them all pulled down.

In both world wars, mass murder was committed by both sides and there can never be an excuse. All the false and sickening hand wringing each year at cenotaphs up and down the country has changed what? Absolutely nothing! The same elitists and bankers who caused those two wars still run things today. People are still being killed in the name of profits and it doesn't matter how you dress it up, death is profitable for some.

So, we have a bunch of pissed off young people who can see through all the BS and understand what is going on and who is behind it.... good luck to them I say. If the establishment doesn't like it and it scares them then that is a really good start.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Smack head? Got any proof of that, or are you just making up crap to fit in with your view of these kids who have had enough BS from the goverment? Otherwise that is slander. Pure and simple. I reckon that those who gave up their lives so that we could be free from dictatorship goverments would APPROVE of his actions. He is against what these young men fought against aswell. Those men gave up their lives to try and liberate those from oppression. And that, in a small way, is the same thing which is happening here. A significant symbolism against oppression. Don't put words into the mouths of the dead, and don't buy into BS propaganda from the media. I've been told, by several old men, who fought in WW2, that they fully support this type of action against our current goverment. Your angst is missplaced. Be angry at the people who make us act like this. Not at those who act like this.

edit to add. Seriously though, that smackhead comment is just so retartedly stupid. It could actually land you in legal trouble if the Gilmores found out about it. Which I've half a mind to make sure they do.

edit on 13/4/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

edit on 13-4-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
remeber the Hitler jig?
the CBC in canada..the Beebs little retarded cousin
admitted that the whole film of hitler dancing was a cut and splice
created as propoganda...
as seen on TV

I'll bet you many did far worse then the kid with a name..
including some of the actions of the NOT mentioned by name police
like the ones caught in Montebello Canada, or in Seattle
dressed as protestors
STARTING THE VIOLENCE
(as seen on TV, you would have thought them protestors if they hadn't eventually been publically BUSTED, and not by the press, I might add)

PS
and thats Roger WATERS
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Smack head? Got any proof of that, or are you just making up crap to fit in with your view of these kids who have had enough BS from the goverment? Otherwise that is slander. Pure and simple. I reckon that those who gave up their lives so that we could be free from dictatorship goverments would APPROVE of his actions. He is against what these young men fought against aswell. Those men gave up their lives to try and liberate those from oppression. And that, in a small way, is the same thing which is happening here. A significant symbolism against oppression. Don't put words into the mouths of the dead, and don't buy into BS propaganda from the media. I've been told, by several old men, who fought in WW2, that they fully support this type of action against our current goverment. Your angst is missplaced. Be angry at the people who make us act like this. Not at those who act like this.

edit to add. Seriously though, that smackhead comment is just so retartedly stupid. It could actually land you in legal trouble if the Gilmores found out about it. Which I've half a mind to make sure they do.

edit on 13/4/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

Hate to break it to you pal but in the UK people dont sue people willy-nilly for idiotic reasons like name calling. Thats an American thing.

Anyone can call the boy Gilmour a smack head if they like. Ooh lets all be careful what we say on ATS in case somebody sues us. lol

Get a grip.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
1) The Royals have nothing to do with tuition rates. The monarch stopped playing a role in setting government policy back in the 1700s. Government policy is dictated by the prime minister and Parliament that you elected.

2) College is a privilege, not a right. Boo friggen hoo if you have to pay for it like everybody else on the planet.

<<   2 >>

join