It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians what is the deal? You don't really believe this stuff do you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Oh Look, a Christian using that old "came from nothing" argument.

Even a basic level of understanding of evolutionary theory would teach you that science provides a greater understanding to how he came to where we are than the bible could even hope to describe.

I find it difficult to talk to creationists due to them having no logic, nor any desire to study evolution or any other science which threatens their fragile grasp of how the world works, It's pathetic that in this day and age we still have such people who believe in "God"

As our society advances, religion will be cast aside...it's already happening, but the firm believers will always be there, despite the growing mountain of evidance which calls their entire belief system into doubt.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29

Even a basic level of understanding of evolutionary theory would teach you that science provides a greater understanding to how he came to where we are than the bible could even hope to describe.

I find it difficult to talk to creationists due to them having no logic, nor any desire to study evolution or any other science which threatens their fragile grasp of how the world works, It's pathetic that in this day and age we still have such people who believe in "God"

As our society advances, religion will be cast aside...it's already happening, but the firm believers will always be there, despite the growing mountain of evidance which calls their entire belief system into doubt.

Dear Friend, I can understand why you would be doubtful about God's miraculous works such as life; We all think in a way a perfect God does not, and that's why it's so hard for us to understand the way God works. Peace be with you and I hope you find the lord someday. God bless.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

First Law of Thermodynamics, Science fact- "energy can not be created nor destroyed, only transformed" so where did it come from? I really don't think people have the right idea of who/what God really is at all, God is not a person, is not a being with hands......I am a Biology major, Junior year, 3.5 GPA, I'm not stupid, and I'm practically a scientist and the more I learn about our universe, anywheres from a cell, to a planet, I am even MORE convinced than ever that there is a God, this place, cell, being, universe, dimension,earth is so utterly amazing.

Peace,
Marriah

You are right the energy had to come from SOMEWHERE! If the Universe is not infinite or eternal, which most scientific facts would lead us to believe that it is NOT then why do we have a specific amount of energy in our Universe and where did it come from? The BEST model we have so far only goes back to a possible singularity. All of the energy compacted into a very small place. That still does not answer the question of how it got there and why it is a specific amount of energy.

I want the answers to these questions also. My definition of acceptable evidence differs far more than most peoples. Apparently most people would rather rely on a 2,000 year old book for their astrophysics knowledge. Me personally I would rather go with the guys who made the hubble telescope and the space station and satellites than a group of nomadic goat herders from before the bronze age.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

And God said, "Let the waters under the sky be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. SCIENCE: PANGAEA..... Then God said, "Let the earth put forth vegetation: plants yielding seed, and fruit trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it." And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation: plants yielding seed of every kind, and trees of every kind bearing fruit with the seed in it. EVOLUTION: 1st plants/photosynthetic organisms

And God said, "Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures EVOLUTION 2nd, bacteria/ fish in water

"and let birds fly above the earth across the dome of the sky." So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, of every kind, with which the waters swarm, and every winged bird of every kind. . God "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth." EVOLUTION 3rd: Avians and Fish

And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures of every kind: cattle and creeping things and wild animals of the earth of every kind." EVOLUTION 4th: Mammals

Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, EVOLUTION 5th: Homo Erectus

Fall of man/ hybridization/ knowledge etc. Evolution 6th: Homo Sapiens
Creationism: photosynthetic organisms, marine organisms, avian species, land species, mammals, homo erectus, homo sapien... Evolution/Science/"Growing Mountain of Evidence":photosynthetic organisms, marine organisms, avian species, land species, mammals, homo erectus, homo sapien

My credentials, basic understanding of Evolution you ask? Well for starters, evolution credit hours at accredited University, biologist, 3.5 GPA, believer in God
Evolution/Creationism does not, like most believe, contradict each other, they coincide.
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You win I give up. Rant over. Rant over. I now accept anything that you tell me is true.

I now fully 100% believe in everything that the Bible contains. I believe that it is all metaphors, while at the exact same time believing that it is all factual while at the same time also choosing some parts to believe and others not to and some parts being metaphors while others are literal. I also believe that it is all the divine word of god but also that some of it might be wrong but it is both at the same time. You are all right at the exact same time.

The snake was a metaphor but at the exact same time was truth that really happened. It is hard to explain but it is the truth. This is how religion works yes? As long as we all fall under the blanket of the Bible then it doesn't matter if some of us think it was just fictional stories meant to be a metaphor and some of us think it really happened exactly as it says. What is important is that we all jump on the same band wagon!

Divide by zero Bible paradox activated times infinity. The Bible is awesome! Who cares WHAT we believe as long as we all team up together. THAT is the important part! Who cares as long as we all use the word Bible that is all that matters right? Or am I wrong? Or both at the same time? My brain is starting to hurt right now so I will stop typing.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

I am God.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps

Originally posted by marriah3330
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

First Law of Thermodynamics, Science fact- "energy can not be created nor destroyed, only transformed" so where did it come from? I really don't think people have the right idea of who/what God really is at all, God is not a person, is not a being with hands......I am a Biology major, Junior year, 3.5 GPA, I'm not stupid, and I'm practically a scientist and the more I learn about our universe, anywheres from a cell, to a planet, I am even MORE convinced than ever that there is a God, this place, cell, being, universe, dimension,earth is so utterly amazing.

Peace,
Marriah

You are right the energy had to come from SOMEWHERE! If the Universe is not infinite or eternal, which most scientific facts would lead us to believe that it is NOT then why do we have a specific amount of energy in our Universe and where did it come from? The BEST model we have so far only goes back to a possible singularity. All of the energy compacted into a very small place. That still does not answer the question of how it got there and why it is a specific amount of energy.

I want the answers to these questions also. My definition of acceptable evidence differs far more than most peoples. Apparently most people would rather rely on a 2,000 year old book for their astrophysics knowledge. Me personally I would rather go with the guys who made the hubble telescope and the space station and satellites than a group of nomadic goat herders from before the bronze age.

Yeah well I go with both since they both state the SAME thing in different ways AND one has yet to disprove the other. Who's to say there is only one universe anyway? Maybe we all came from one source of this energy (God) and this energy, in THIS universe, chose to go down in dimensions, creating a separation of this energy due to frequencies becoming more low, in turn creating density, our energy being separated from the ultimate source, God, and polarity becoming apparent in the lower 5th dimension, creating negative and positive, keep going down, more density, lower frequency, more separation and polarity, boom, now you have fourth dimension, vast vast separated space, but condensed solar systems, planets, stars, but wait, lets go down one more dimension, the third dimension, wow, even more dense, if we (our energy being from the ultimate source which is God) go down to this 4th and 3rd dimension, it will be very hard to go back up to the 9th dimension, should we, God said, "if you want to be like me aka "our image" then you must experience life here in this lower dimension before you can be like me, a creator" Ok, we said, and here we are. Your energy, higher self, chose to be here, you chose to experience this polarity of negative and positive why are you denying your journey? It's because you've been so blinded and mislead. Our ultimate being, our true Hu-man is one fragment of the ultimate energy source, God. The God of THIS universe is the God in the bible. There are other universes, in fact so many they are infinite, and this God we speak of today was also created, You know this deep down, this is all knowledge within you you're true Hu-man self knows is true. Hows that for bronze age?

edit on 13-4-2011 by marriah3330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

You win I give up. Rant over. Rant over. I now accept anything that you tell me is true.

I now fully 100% believe in everything that the Bible contains. I believe that it is all metaphors, while at the exact same time believing that it is all factual while at the same time also choosing some parts to believe and others not to and some parts being metaphors while others are literal. I also believe that it is all the divine word of god but also that some of it might be wrong but it is both at the same time. You are all right at the exact same time.

The snake was a metaphor but at the exact same time was truth that really happened. It is hard to explain but it is the truth. This is how religion works yes? As long as we all fall under the blanket of the Bible then it doesn't matter if some of us think it was just fictional stories meant to be a metaphor and some of us think it really happened exactly as it says. What is important is that we all jump on the same band wagon!

Divide by zero Bible paradox activated times infinity. The Bible is awesome! Who cares WHAT we believe as long as we all team up together. THAT is the important part! Who cares as long as we all use the word Bible that is all that matters right? Or am I wrong? Or both at the same time? My brain is starting to hurt right now so I will stop typing.

Well, hey you asked, dish it out and take it, besides that's not my point at all, point being, some words are translated into the english language get it?
edit on 13-4-2011 by marriah3330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Just remember the old saying...

If we witnessed technology far enough advanced over ours, it would be considered MAGIC to us, as has happened many times in man's past.

So, you say Christians believe in "magic" ? Maybe so...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Idont.. hush. Have a joke.

A man walked into the ladies department of a Macy's, and walked up to the woman behind the counter and said, "I'd like to buy a bra for my wife" What type of bra?" asked the clerk. "Type?" inquires the man. "There is more than one type?" "Look around," said the saleslady, as she showed a sea of bras in every shape, size, color and material. "Actually, even with all of this variety, there are really only three types of bras," replied the salesclerk. Confused, the man asked what the types were. The saleslady replied "The Catholic type, the, Salvation Army type, and the Baptist type. Which one do you need?" Still confused the man asked, "What is the difference between them?" The lady responded, "It is all really quite simple. The Catholic type supports the masses, the Salvation Army type lifts up the fallen, and the Baptist type makes mountains out of mole hills."

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Athiests what is the deal? You don't really believe this stuff do you?

Athiests-

The belief that there was nothing & nothing happened to nothing & then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything & then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason which then turned into dinosaurs.

You don't REALLY believe this stuff do you? I am a giant moron and even I am not gullible enough to fall for this nonsense. You SERIOUSLY believe it? I mean I KNOW I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and even I can look at this and say 'WAIT a darn highfalutin second here". Is this some giant inside joke that you guys are all playing on me? Like a giant prank? If so you can stop the act. I know now. Come out and tell me the truth.

PLEASE tell me that you do not really believe this stuff and it is the greatest prank ever pulled in history. I really really need to see Ashton Kutcher jump out and yell YOU GOT PUNKED!

Don't even get me started on Darwin riding the magical missing link up into outer space. That has to be something from a hidden camera show as well. I just have yet to find the camera.

That was the most awesome post I have seen in a while, defending our faith,...whoever you are
I love you.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Man you would not believe how many end time prophecies ,you just fulfilled in your post that
concern the ways of unbelievers in the last days.Thanks for the confirmation for all the believers.
Look up children your redemption draws near

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Lionhearte

The belief that there was nothing & nothing happened to nothing & then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything & then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason which then turned into dinosaurs.

When compared to

A God that has always existed for all infinity suddenly after an infinite amount of time OUT OF THE FREAKING BLUE decides that he is going to create the universe.

Apply occam's Razor

???????????????

PROFIT

Or apply Pascal's wager,if your right I got nothing to lose, but if I am right you got everything to lose including your very soul.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Using a troll argument will get you far man.

"INB4:BROWSE /b/ HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR"

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Well you said a lot of nothing,

But let us get some perspective here,

There is really on two schools of thought on how we came into being

One is nothing with no intelligence what so ever expanded, that is nothing expanded, blew up several times got bigger, and created physical laws, blew up some more expanding larger all the time created planets, stars, systems. Eventually life grew out of rocks and water, time passed and bam here you are ranting about people who believe God did it.

The other is God of the Bible created the whole universe just as the Bible says.

There are no mixes of the two as the Bible has to be all true or it is all false.

But hey I realize that it is easier to willingly believe there is not a God so as to not feel remorse for the transgressions against his way He wants us to live.

Temporal lust will have everlasting effects upon ones soul.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by latitude39

i believe that the "Serpent" in the bible is more our ability to negatively influence each other than it is just a snake, our "tongues" if you will. Animals cannot lie to each other because they can read body language and see oras without putting an ego (conciseness, outer body,etc.) on top of what they are seeing. where as we have developed the ability to communicate and lie to each other and so we protect ourselves by projecting our perspective on to what other people are actually saying so that we can "double check" that what they're saying is true. So we can be "right" so we can have the "knowledge" but the truth is thats what blocks us from ever knowing what the other people are actually saying, so its really ignorance which is more of an approach than a state of being now that i think about it. good then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join