It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas' Powerful New Weapon Alters Strategic Calculations Along the Gaza Strip

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by backinblack

Please supply us with your source for that quote... And as you say about quoting Israeli sources, the same holds true for you - If your source is PressTV, then dont bother posting since the source is unreliable.

And you tell me to read everything??

It's in the OP..Didn't you read it?
Fox.....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Well its not in the OP, and Foxnews has this:

OP Article - Fox News

Hamas says the missile attack was making good on a promise to retaliate against Israel for killing three of its leaders in a targeted assassination earlier this month. While the attack only wounded two people -- the bus had just dropped its students off -- militants fired more than 100 rockets and mortars into southern Israeli. The Israeli Air Force raised the normal reciprocity multiplier a couple of times in what was called a clear message to Hamas that attacks with this new type of weapon would carry an overwhelming price tag.

So again, quit trying to shift focus, and cite your source for that quote. Its not in the OP article.

And yes, you really should actually read the articles, especially when you decide to use a "quote" from an article that apparently doesnt exist.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Well its not in the OP, and Foxnews has this:

OP Article - Fox News

Hamas says the missile attack was making good on a promise to retaliate against Israel for killing three of its leaders in a targeted assassination earlier this month. While the attack only wounded two people -- the bus had just dropped its students off -- militants fired more than 100 rockets and mortars into southern Israeli. The Israeli Air Force raised the normal reciprocity multiplier a couple of times in what was called a clear message to Hamas that attacks with this new type of weapon would carry an overwhelming price tag.

So again, quit trying to shift focus, and cite your source for that quote. Its not in the OP article.

And yes, you really should actually read the articles, especially when you decide to use a "quote" from an article that apparently doesnt exist.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)
if you look under the picture on the fox news site you see

AP2011 April 7: A wounded Israeli is treated by medics at the site where an Israeli school bus was hit by a mortar shell fired from the Gaza Strip near the border between southern Israel and Gaza Wednesday. A Palestinian mortar shell from the Gaza Strip struck a school bus in southern Israel Thursday, wounding two people, including one child critically, Israeli officials said. Read more: www.foxnews.com...
link here

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

My my, and you say I need reading lessons..
How's your eyesight??

Link from the OP...
www.foxnews.com...

Read the caption under the picture..
So who's shifting focus here?
Maybe the Israeli propagandists forgot to remove that little gem huh??

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I took a screenshot and now trying to upload it
bare with me.

edit on 14-4-2011 by munkey66 because: added picture

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
reply to post by redstripe1229

Just wanted to add my vote to the false flag party. That Hamas, taking possession of a tank-killing weapon, wastes it on a target with no military value and propaganda value only to the enemy makes absolutely no sense. For Israel to pull off another false flag is typical and routine.

I agree 100% !!!!!!

I repeat:

[color=tan]It's ALL Bull Whooey !!!!

edit on 14-4-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Cool, but can you enlarge it?
I think Xcathdra doesn't have the best eyesight,

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Lol awesome.... FoxNews is propoganda from the West, except when a caption supports your claim.

To funny.

I will go with the actual article, as well as the other arab sources I have posted that include Hamas stating it was a missile, and the bus was intentionally targeted.

However, if you dont beleive Hamas, take it up with them since they are the ones who went on record.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Funny how many Americans are asking the Gazans to do something they would never consider themselves, to allow their lands to be stolen, people from another culture and religion to dictate how they must live, and rule over them with military force and collective punishments.

-Proto

I think the funding parties resposible for this mess
have the same in mind for the US, and the rest of us too
eventually

froggy in the pot

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

maybe they already have started ....

f-o-r-e-c-l-o-s-u-r-e

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

even fox can get it right from time to time.
edit on 14-4-2011 by munkey66 because: misquote

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I think at some point you are going to have to realize that many of us don't actually believe the media, whether it's Hamas Media, Arab Media, Western Media, or Israeli Media.

By way of deception we make war, is the motto of the Israeli Intelligence Services, but the truth is all is fair in love and war so believing the propaganda verbatim from any side is just stupid.

When a detective arrives at a crime scene witnesses and suspects alike start providing versions of events.

He takes note of them all looking to seperate fact from fiction.

He then begins to study the forensics of the scene and to peace together what he believes really happened.

Another detective might have already been there and interviewed the same people, and looked at the same forensics, and formed an opinion, but a good detective is not bound by that either.

If he still has questions he is going to pursue them until he feels comfortable enough that he has a case that can stand up to 12 independent minded jurors in a court of law, who will decide whether someone is really guilty or not.

All you are saying is you have enough information from the media to feel comfortable in your opinion and you think everyone else should too.

Yet there are enough discrepencies between what the media, pick a media any media since they are all propaganda outlets are saying, and what appears to have actually happened to where I am not satisfied at all as to who really did this and how.

If that makes you angry, too bad, but you know what they say fools rush in where wise men fear to tread.

You have rushed to a conclusion through the dishonest presentations of factions at war, through corrupt media propaganda outlets.

I consider that foolish.

Won't matter how many times you post the same old paragraphs from the same old articles from the same old media outlets.

The only thing they are evidence of is articles.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Ill humor you and Backinblack. I have provided multiple news sources that talk about the incident, and actually have Hamas's spokesperson claiming that they did in fact fire a guided missile, and deliberately targeted the bus.

You and Backinblack have taken a caption from a FoxNews report, which by the way states it was a guided missile and the bus and the bus was targeted, and are attempting to claim that is the only correct source.

Aside from grasping at straws, why dont you guys find some other news sources that back that claim up, that it was a mortar and not a guided missile, that hit the bus.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The onlything I see is a desperate attempt by some people to somehow rationalize and justify Hamas's actions. First it was argued it was not a missile, then people took exception that it was not a guided missile, then people took exception it was not a laser guided missile.

Then it was the bus was not intentionally targeted...

Then it was dont show any western media sources because they are biased.
Then Arab media sources are wrong, and we go back to FoxNews because of the use of mortar in a caption, while the main body says missile.

Then its Hamas is controlled by Mossad
Then its a False Flag

And now you are saying that no media outlets can be trusted, most likely because even Arab media is not supporting your side of the argument.

Hamas went on record saying they fired a guided missile
Hamas went on record saying the bus was intentionally targeted

Hamas went on record not only in western media, but Arab media as well.

Are you guys so intent on running a custer defense, so desperate to believe anything other than hamas targeted a school bus that just prior to the attack, had children on it.

I find the attack, by both sides, barbaric.

As far as your detective anaology (which is a joke btw)the one part you are failing to address is when a detective arrives at the crime seen, and a person is there stating they are responsible for the incident.

Which is exactly what hamas did.

but by all means, feel free to lecture me on how law enforcement works...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

even fox can get it right from time to time.
edit on 14-4-2011 by munkey66 because: misquote

They did, and I will even use your own Source -

Hamas’ recent use of a Russian-made, laser-guided anti-tank missile against a school bus marks a clear change in the strategic balance along the fragile Gaza-Israel border: By either fate, or perhaps design, the Hamas attack comes just as Israel deployed its “Iron Dome” missile defense system that has rendered Hamas’ Grad rockets almost useless against civilian targets

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Oaktree

Thats been my question for some time.. What type of missile was used? Has anyone been able to confirm the type?

You can not usually tell a missile or rocket from spit from looking at a picture, assuming the picture is even accurate. GPS is now even available to say the North Koreans and Iranians who will give it away to further a cause, which is economic though the Iranians do want to wipe Israel off the map. Gosh, that would scare the hell out of me... As for laser, lidar, mm wave, terahertz frequency, and more, its all out there for the price of ones Sol, or much better cash. Then theres optical targeting; visual and IR, low light, you name it. How about acoustic, that to. The "missile or rocket" is often called "the bus", the designator or targeting mechanism is a chip you can stick in anything. Hell, we have bullets that can be targeted so to change course in flight. Our own military, and a few others I know about, have them.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Yeah you keep ascribing motive to everyone that you imagine must have a motive for not agreeing with you, while pretending it's just crazy to imagine anything written in black and white isn't true.

There can be no conspiracy when it comes to what you believe, but there has to be a conspiracy involved in the fact that others believe something different?

Ever think that the reason that they don't come out with honest facts to share with us, is because they want people to argue over it and be confused?

Let me put it to you this way, if I was the President of the United States and I had to decide a military response to this issue that would risk and end lives in the process, I would want a heck of a lot more information from a lot more and better sources than the little bit of information you have from what are all propaganda outlets and the fact is the President would that too.

It's why we have the CIA, the NSA, and Military Intelligence, Sattelites, and Wire Tapping devices, etc.

I think if you chose to be honest with yourself, you would admit that you don't have enough personal evidence here that if you were the lead prosecutor in this case to bring anyone to trial or get a conviction.

You simply have conviction that what you are being told by the media which is absent a whole lot of pertinent details is true.

Trials shouldn't be held in the media courts of public opinion. Standards should be met and maintained.

Some people enjoy being manipulated. What can I say.

Have fun trying to figure out why not everyone does.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

The onlything I see is a desperate attempt by some people to somehow rationalize and justify Hamas's actions. First it was argued it was not a missile, then people took exception that it was not a guided missile, then people took exception it was not a laser guided missile.

Then Arab media sources are wrong, and we go back to FoxNews because of the use of mortar in a caption, while the main body says missile.

Then its a False Flag

And now you are saying that no media outlets can be trusted, most likely because even Arab media is not supporting your side of the argument.

Are you guys so intent on running a custer defense, so desperate to believe anything other than hamas targeted a school bus that just prior to the attack, had children on it.

As far as your detective anaology (which is a joke btw)the one part you are failing to address is when a detective arrives at the crime seen, and a person is there stating they are responsible for the incident.

I don't think Hamas did ANYthing !!

this was an Israeli training exercise only designed to fool the best of us.

c'mon X, YOU of all people know that this can't hold water in any court......

there's no evidence ... ALL the "news" "sources" are tainted here !!!

mortar --- I thought they come DOWN not horizontally ?

missiles -- an explosion inside would have blown the seats upwards, the hole in the rear is BELOW seat level ??

if the "rocket" went through the bus, THEY surely would show us WHERE the missile actually hit and we would see another exit hole ??

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Obfuscate much?

Then its a False Flag

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
damn !!!!!

just got called to work

can't respond until later.

I still say False-Flag all the way !!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
i would like to know why people are fighting over who is right or wrong in this situation hamas targeted a school bus = cowards. if israel has targeted children pourposly they are also cowards but i do not see this as the case most civilian deaths attributed to isreali forces are results of hamas fighting in the midst of civilian populations.
anyway this war is stupid arab / jew same # diferent stink learn to live together or it will be the destruction of both countries.

no child deserves to die a violent death ever EVER!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join