It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas' Powerful New Weapon Alters Strategic Calculations Along the Gaza Strip

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
One more time, because apprently people cannot read - As you go through this post, try to read left to right, top to bottom, it helps. The Hamas spokesperson, Abu Obeida, has gone on record and claimed responsibility.

Attack the sources all you want.. A few come directly from Middle East news sources, including the Palestinian times. Are you telling all of us that the Arab news services are putting out Israeli propoganda?

If thats the case, then no arab news sources are legitimate, which would further undermine your arguments.

Which is it? AArab news sources got it wrong, or you gusy are so blind to what occured, that ANY infomration that puts the blame on Hamas must be propoganda?

By all means, please post your supporting documentation that this never occured and Israel is just lieing about whatg occured.

Since no counter argument from you gusy yet have any supporting documentation for your argument, it would be a wecome relief to see something other than your opinion.

CBC News

The violence escalated a week ago when an Israeli airstrike killed three Hamas militants who Israel said were planning a cross-border kidnapping. On Thursday, Hamas militants fired a guided anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus, wounding the two people on board, including a teenage boy who was critically hurt.

Aljazeera

Hamas takes responsibility

The al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas movement, said it had shot two missiles early in the day, one of which had hit the school bus. The Brigades said the attack came in reponse to Israel's killing of three of its members last week.

Lebanon Daily Star

Political analysts in Gaza said Hamas wanted to bolster its claim to leadership of the divided Palestinian national movement and divert attention from popular demands – fueled by the “Arab Spring” – for an end to the split with its Fatah rivals.

That spurt of violence subsided but fighting flared again Thursday when Hamas gunmen fired an anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus, wounding two. Israel retaliated with planes and armor, killing five Palestinians.

Turkeys Daily News - English edition

Palestinian officials reported tank fire toward Gaza shortly after the missile attack. The Israeli fire killed a 50-year-old man and wounded seven people, said Palestinian health official Adham Abu Salmiya.

Times of India

NAHAL: Hamas militants fired an anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus on Thursday, critically injuring a teenager, prompting the army to pound the the Gaza Strip, killing four and wounding more than 30.

After the missile slammed into the bus, the Palestinians lobbed at least 45 mortar rounds and several rockets into southern Israel, hitting a house, and the army responded by staging multiple raids across the enclave.

The bus attack was claimed by the military wing of Hamas and was the first time an anti-tank missile from Gaza had hit a civilian target in Israel, prompting Israel to vow a harsh response.

Hamas's Ezzedine Al-Qassam Brigades, claimed responsibility, saying it was an "initial response" to Israel killing three of the group's leaders on Saturday, when an air strike hit their car in southern Gaza.

Focus.net

Gaza City. The military wing of Hamas on Thursday claimed responsibility for firing an anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus, the Al-Qassam Brigades said in a statement, AFP reported.
"Al-Qassam Brigades claims responsibility for targeting the bus of the occupation," the statement said, adding that it was in response to Israel killing three of the group's leaders last week.

NowLebanon News

The military wing of Hamas on Thursday claimed responsibility for firing an anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus, the Al-Qassam Brigades said in a statement.

"Al-Qassam Brigades claims responsibility for targeting the bus of the occupation," the statement said, adding that it was in response to Israel killing three of the group's leaders last week.

Palestinian Times
Here Hamas now claims the School Bus was a valid military target because it belonged to ISrael.

أكد أبو عبيدة الناطق باسم كتائب القسام الجناح العسكري لحماس أن العدو الصهيوني يتحمل مسؤولية التصعيد في غزة والذي أسفر عن استشهاد ما يزيد عن خمسين فلسطيني وإصابة العشرات خلال الأسابيع القليلة الماضية ، مضيفا أن المقاومة تستهدف مواقعاً عسكرية لا كما يزعم الاحتلال أنها مدنية.

ونفى أبو عبيدة في مؤتمر صحفي عقده عصر السبت في غزة مزاعم الاحتلال بأن الحافلة التي استهدفتها كتائب القسام قرب ما يسمى كفار سعد شرق غزة أنها مدنية مؤكدا أنها حافلة تتنقل بين مواقع عسكرية وتمر على طريق عسكري يشكل حزاما أمنيا لتحرك الدبابات التي تطلق القذائف بحق شعبنا.

وشدد الناطق باسم القسام أن إصرار العدو على المضي في عدوانه الهمجي لن "يثنينا عن الرد بالطريقة المناسبة ، مشيرا إلى أنه لا يمكن الحديث عن تهدئة بينما الاحتلال يرتكب المجازر بحق أبناء شعبنا.

وختم أبو عبيدة بتجديد العهد على المضي "جهادنا وثورتنا ضد الاحتلال ومعنا كل الثوار والأحرار في العالم حتى تحرير فلسطين"

English Translation

Confirmed Abu Obeida, a spokesman for al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas military wing, that the Zionist enemy has the responsibility for the escalation in Gaza which resulted in the martyrdom of more than 50 Palestinians and wounding dozens in the past few weeks, adding that the resistance targets military sites, not as the occupation is alleged to be civilian.

I can continue to give you the information you asked for, but at some point you are going to have to actually read it and accept:

* Hamas did fire a guided missile
* Hamas targeted the School bus intentionally with that guided missile
* Hamas claims the school bus is a valid military target

edit on 13-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Guided Missiles dont hit school buses and hurt children...guided missiles destroy children and the bus, regardless of "country of origin or technology used" as that Israeli apologist said early in the piece.....

What type of technology is used to make guided missiles that injure 2 kids???

israel has a non stop propaganda machine turning over 24 hours a day...

Common sense says guided missiles dont hurt kids...they blow them to smithereens...and the ONE photo found on all the apologists links above this post looks more like a small bumper bashing than a bus hit by a missile...wheres the big hole at the very least, wheres the carnage...all I see is a broken windscreen and not much else....

The photo reminds me of the pathetically staged pentacon photos...

Israels record in telling the truth is the Worlds Worst Practice....bare this in mind when reading anything those lying bastards say....
edit on 13-4-2011 by benoni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

I see we have another member of the its ok to attack and kill civilians in the name of Hamas group. Your opinion aside, care to provide proof to back up your claim that Israel is behind this?

The links in my post are also to Arab News sources... Are you saying they are complicit with Israel in putting out propoganda? And why are you ignoring the fact that Hamas has claimed respsonsibility, to the exten mind you, that they fired a missile, and specifically targeted the school bus.

You dont get it both ways.

Please provide us with links and quotes to your sources that makes this Isreali propoganda.

Thanks
edit on 13-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There is not proof to counter the articles stating that it was Hamas who fired an anti tank missile on a bus full of school children. All people are doing is shifting blame on the side who they think is the one responsible. For this act. The only victims in this event are the children in that bus who had to witness the exploits. Once again nothing productive comes out a act of violence except more violence , lies and deception.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Actually propaganda can actually be the telling of events truthfully and sometimes is, but it involves using emotional manipulation and editorial to more or less extract a desired predetermined response for political purposes.

What makes something propaganda or not is your own personal opinion of how the information was presented, and not just the accuracy of the information presented.

Rather why the information was presented in that form, and what the goals are of the people by presenting it that way.

No link required for that.

Let's look at an example.

#1. Today an explosion caused by a military rocket hit a bus in Southern Israeli injuring one child and the driver.

This is what basically happened.

#2. Today a cowardly attack carried out by terrorists associated with Hamas on a school bus critically injured a child when a rocket was fired at it causing it's destruction and injuries.

We are being asked to form and develop oppinions here by how the information is presented, this is propaganda.

#3. Today a brave member of the armed wing of Hamas targeted an Israeli School Bus in retaliation for cowardly attacks on 3 Hamas officials.

We are being asked to form and develop oppinions here by how the information is presented, this is propaganda.

So when it comes to propaganda it's all about how the actual events are presented and the editorialized spin along with it through words, their selection and meaning to prompt us to forming an oppinion.

What is really taking place in this thread is people with preformed oppinions through most times propaganda on both sides clashing over that opinion.

Trying then to establish opinion as fact.

The facts are always very simple, require no opinion based on emotion or symantics.

What makes someone decide something is usually propaganda is when the attempt at it fails to from an oppinion.

Yet anything presented in a way as to purposefully create an emotion or opinion is propaganda.

So do you really want a link proving something is propaganda because I hate to tell you, it would be propaganda!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm not pro israel, not pro government at all. I know how sick and twisted this world is that we live in. There isn't a doubt in my mind there is a hidden agenda behind all the diplomatic decisions our leaders make. That goes far beyond just the western nations, some act as if the anti western countries are the lesser of the evils. As a american, I acknowledge what I feel to be wrong doings in global politics and strongly disagree with the path we play the part in leading the future to. But for somebody to say killing some innocent kids is justified because those kids lived in a nation who's country has killed many other innocents during military conflict with the attacker, is just wrong.

I don't know where everybody is from, but I'm guessing most of those posting here that are defending Hamas are from countries who's dictators support Israel and labels Hamas as a terrorist organization. So imagine what if Hamas had the capability and conducted a attack that took the life of one of your innocent loved ones. Would you still say its justifiable because your country aids in the suppression of the palestinians and defends Israel?

I don't know if it really was a laser guided anti-tank missile or not. But like I said way back on page 2 my personal military knowledge tells me that a anti-tank missile is not designed to attack soft targets such as a bus and a simple RPG would do more damage to a unarmored vehicle than a weapon designed to penetrate very thick steel plate. If anti-tank munitions worked on everything we wouldn't equip our arsenal with anything but. Those that are saying there would be nothing left of a bus hit with a anti-tank missile are spreading disinformation.

Xcathdra, thank you for contributing so much to this thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Why can't these to parties just square off and start the inevitable process of annihilating each other? So what if the Israelis have the Palestinians out gunned? I'm sure the Iranians and Iraqi's and Syrians and Jordans and Saudi's and Egyptians and Tunisians and Lebonese and Turks, and Jordanians and Somalians and Pakistanis and Afhgans and Italians, and French and Germans and Norwegians and Canadians and Chinese and Indians and Vietnamese and Sudanese and South African and Brazilian and Venezueala and Cuban and Norway and North and South Korean and the Mayans and Mexico etc will be happy to help HAMAS push the Israelis into using they're nukes. IF the Israelis are even half as good as they usually are, they sould already have they're nukes "warmed" up and ready to go! Let 'em party. Let 'em settle it once and for all.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

War is ugly. The Arabs would not have to worry about their kids dying if they did not keep attacking Israel with rockets and mortars.

Israel is sick and tired of being attacked by the Arabs so Israel can target Hamas all day long.

Its not Israels fault that the Arabs hide weapons in Schools and Hospitals.

Israel has done everything they can to avoid civilians from getting hurt.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The land belongs to whoever is strong enough to take and hold it. No country would exist w/o these principles. Injecting the human paradigm of illegality/morality is a flawed argument and wishful thinking.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

I'ld be a bit more worried about the chemical weapons Hamas got through Hizbollah in Lybia. Iron Dome only has so many shots

www.debka.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakeUpOrDie
But most of those who seem to defend terrorist organizations tend to be liberal.

I haven't seen that, I have however seen liberals defend muslims in general against those whom suggest all muslims/islam= terrorists.

I, as a liberal, will fight against any terrorist organization, be it the islamic flavor jihadist, or the christian militant types..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

This is the crap that is coming over in the stupid "peace movement" boats.

To all the idiots that supported these boats: Hope you all get a nasty case of keester itch!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by wakeUpOrDie
But most of those who seem to defend terrorist organizations tend to be liberal.

I haven't seen that, I have however seen liberals defend muslims in general against those whom suggest all muslims/islam= terrorists.

I, as a liberal, will fight against any terrorist organization, be it the islamic flavor jihadist, or the christian militant types..

I'll be right there with ya! Westborough isnt much better than the muzzies.
they just havent killed anyone.....yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exhibeo
The land belongs to whoever is strong enough to take and hold it. No country would exist w/o these principles. Injecting the human paradigm of illegality/morality is a flawed argument and wishful thinking.

Can we quote you on that when another country takes over yours?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

This is the crap that is coming over in the stupid "peace movement" boats.

To all the idiots that supported these boats: Hope you all get a nasty case of keester itch!

You mean the International Aide Flotilla intercepted at sea by the IDF, pirated by the IDF, where the cargo of the boats was off loaded by the IDF, inspected and cataloged and warehoused by the IDF, and refused entry into Gaza by Hamas?

Those boats?

There hasn't been one aide boat of civilian international origin to make it to Gaza without being either pirated by the IDF, or disabled and turned around.

If Hamas has these rockets, and the evidence points to the attack on the school bus not being one of these rockets, based on the actual damage to the bus versus the munition's yield, they sure didn't make it into Gaza on any international aide ship.

edit on 13/4/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by Exhibeo

Can we quote you on that when another country takes over yours?

I don't actually have my own country yet, and to tell you the truth, I really want one.

I want to call it Protoland! Where you guessed it Proto will be King! Women will wear no clothes, the work week will only be 2 days, and all citizens will get free cable TV and Internet!

It doesn't need to be a very big country, because well, that might take more than two days a week to run.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

April 7: A wounded Israeli is treated by medics at the site where an Israeli school bus was hit by a mortar shell fired from the Gaza Strip near the border between southern Israel and Gaza Wednesday. A Palestinian mortar shell from the Gaza Strip struck a school bus in southern Israel Thursday, wounding two people, including one child critically, Israeli officials said.

Gosh, who to believe??
Here's Israeli officials saying it was mortar shells..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't know what the bus was shot with, but I do know that munitions don't always arm and there are duds.

We know for a fact that Hezbollah has used AT-14s they obtained from Syria. Its not a huge stretch to think Hamas has obtained them.

If it was armed with a tandem warhead, which is only useful against reactive armor, the warhead may have failed to respond properly when it hit the thin metal of the school bus.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Please supply us with your source for that quote... And as you say about quoting Israeli sources, the same holds true for you - If your source is PressTV, then dont bother posting since the source is unreliable. Absent a source though, Im going to assume you are just making crap up.

When you quote a source, you need to cite it - This is what that process looks like -

CBC News

The violence escalated a week ago when an Israeli airstrike killed three Hamas militants who Israel said were planning a cross-border kidnapping. On Thursday, Hamas militants fired a guided anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus, wounding the two people on board, including a teenage boy who was critically hurt.

Aljazeera

Hamas takes responsibility

The al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas movement, said it had shot two missiles early in the day, one of which had hit the school bus. The Brigades said the attack came in reponse to Israel's killing of three of its members last week.

Lebanon Daily Star

Political analysts in Gaza said Hamas wanted to bolster its claim to leadership of the divided Palestinian national movement and divert attention from popular demands – fueled by the “Arab Spring” – for an end to the split with its Fatah rivals.

That spurt of violence subsided but fighting flared again Thursday when Hamas gunmen fired an anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus, wounding two. Israel retaliated with planes and armor, killing five Palestinians.

Turkeys Daily News - English edition

Palestinian officials reported tank fire toward Gaza shortly after the missile attack. The Israeli fire killed a 50-year-old man and wounded seven people, said Palestinian health official Adham Abu Salmiya.

Times of India

NAHAL: Hamas militants fired an anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus on Thursday, critically injuring a teenager, prompting the army to pound the the Gaza Strip, killing four and wounding more than 30.

After the missile slammed into the bus, the Palestinians lobbed at least 45 mortar rounds and several rockets into southern Israel, hitting a house, and the army responded by staging multiple raids across the enclave.

The bus attack was claimed by the military wing of Hamas and was the first time an anti-tank missile from Gaza had hit a civilian target in Israel, prompting Israel to vow a harsh response.

Hamas's Ezzedine Al-Qassam Brigades, claimed responsibility, saying it was an "initial response" to Israel killing three of the group's leaders on Saturday, when an air strike hit their car in southern Gaza.

Focus.net

Gaza City. The military wing of Hamas on Thursday claimed responsibility for firing an anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus, the Al-Qassam Brigades said in a statement, AFP reported.

NowLebanon News

The military wing of Hamas on Thursday claimed responsibility for firing an anti-tank missile at an Israeli school bus, the Al-Qassam Brigades said in a statement.

Palestinian Times
Here Hamas now claims the School Bus was a valid military target because it belonged to ISrael.

أكد أبو عبيدة الناطق باسم كتائب القسام الجناح العسكري لحماس أن العدو الصهيوني يتحمل مسؤولية التصعيد في غزة والذي أسفر عن استشهاد ما يزيد عن خمسين فلسطيني وإصابة العشرات خلال الأسابيع القليلة الماضية ، مضيفا أن المقاومة تستهدف مواقعاً عسكرية لا كما يزعم الاحتلال أنها مدنية.

ونفى أبو عبيدة في مؤتمر صحفي عقده عصر السبت في غزة مزاعم الاحتلال بأن الحافلة التي استهدفتها كتائب القسام قرب ما يسمى كفار سعد شرق غزة أنها مدنية مؤكدا أنها حافلة تتنقل بين مواقع عسكرية وتمر على طريق عسكري يشكل حزاما أمنيا لتحرك الدبابات التي تطلق القذائف بحق شعبنا.

وشدد الناطق باسم القسام أن إصرار العدو على المضي في عدوانه الهمجي لن "يثنينا عن الرد بالطريقة المناسبة ، مشيرا إلى أنه لا يمكن الحديث عن تهدئة بينما الاحتلال يرتكب المجازر بحق أبناء شعبنا.

وختم أبو عبيدة بتجديد العهد على المضي "جهادنا وثورتنا ضد الاحتلال ومعنا كل الثوار والأحرار في العالم حتى تحرير فلسطين"

English Translation

Confirmed Abu Obeida, a spokesman for al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas military wing, that the Zionist enemy has the responsibility for the escalation in Gaza which resulted in the martyrdom of more than 50 Palestinians and wounding dozens in the past few weeks, adding that the resistance targets military sites, not as the occupation is alleged to be civilian.

I can continue to give you the information you asked for, but at some point you are going to have to actually read it and accept:

* Hamas did fire a guided missile
* Hamas targeted the School bus intentionally with that guided missile
* Hamas claims the school bus is a valid military target

edit on 14-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I will post late here also as I did on the other ongoing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In My (not-so) humble opinion:

1. the WHOLE thing was staged! ......Y-E-S, staged !!!

2. there was NO real attack!

3. there were NO people on "the bus"!

3. the msm has produced a "hollywood" "SHOCKER" amidst all the other goings on in the region!

4. mossad decided NOT to sacrifice any kids (this time)! (except of course, during the "retaliations").

5. Hammas (and maybe even the PLO) A-R-E products of Mossad/CIA/MI6 !!!!!!!!

ALL the "news" articles give the whole thing away .... I'm not as dumb as I look.

It was a false flag but WITHOUT the genuine attack !!!

I say it was a training exercise designed to create the illusion we all are seeing !!!

I say all the pictures and the s-i-n-g-l-e news story that has been exaggerated a hundred times by now is ALL horse-feathers and bull-horn road apples !!!!!!

Proto as usual has provided the answers and backinblack with others has provided the heavy duty questioning.

all that has led to feeble attempts to cover up the real story even further.

I see no proof at all that anything at all even happened -- only loose and biased talk.

I will file all the phony news articles under "F-A-L-S-E - F-L-A-G" because thats exactly what it is.

anybody else can attempt to convince me otherwise, but beware ---- I require genuine proof -- not somebody's opinions and derelict observations and mind jugglings.

the whole story is P-H-O-N-Y P-r-o-p-a-g-a-n-d-a and business as usual.

>

and all it looks like to me is a couple of M80's got thrown through a window !

maybe the Israeli army has tightened THEIR budget too !!!

..... to anybody who thinks this was the real deal ......

Let's see WHO jumps all over this NOW ?????

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join