It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another attempt to emasculate male children.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps
I do not think wearing pretty colors means "the times are a changin". If I had a friend who started wearing pretty colors I would bust on him severely and we would still be friends.It is called constructive criticism and it would probably nudge him to look in the mirror realising that he doesn't need pretty colors to stand out.Just be yourself without screaming "Hey I think testosterone is evil you intolerable manly men ,now put on some hot pink nail polish and spandex and come walk w Gods chosen ones you breeder you.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I believe it was the Aztecs that first gave the color pink to their fiercest warriors to wear in battle. so don't bash the color, its just a color by the way... see if a blind man can make the difference.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyTrick
I don't see the problem...1% painting nails pink 99% shouting profanities on call of duty.

Ahh so now it's ok for young kids to be arses online, as long as we can purty up the boys in girls gear.

got it

git your skirts men, it's ok to be abusive and crude now!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I'm gonna throw down a funny/sad thing here...

My dad was Army, and when we were stationed in Germany, one of the Army Rangers assigned to our base was SFC Cross... I met him and he was cool as beans. We also had other Special Forces soldiers around, so the barbecues and parties were fly.

Years later, I go to university, and sit a course with Dr. Becky Cross. Dr. Cross was the same person, although transitioned. She was a great person and I enjoyed every moment I studied with her (and she could still kick ass on the sparring mats at University - great times sparring with her). She even ribbed me for wearing a kilt during the South Texas summer months (and most of the time, I rock them frequently over the year - and no one starts crap for me wearing them, either. six-two and 240 of muscle tends to discourage that crap)

So, your whole theory of gender and gender identification is moot. Dr. Cross was quite 'macho' and hypermale in the service, and still strong as a woman. she was still able to fight and I had quite a few bruises from her in our bouts. Could stand in a breech and hold off the enemy - male or female, yes.

Real fighters know that it is the size of the fight inside, not what's swinging between your legs.

I respectfully disagree, as a follower of the warrior's path. Assumptions like yours can blind you to realistically assessing someone's danger to you if you so not accept that female and feminine traits do not overrule the ability to fight.

That's the crux, though - true warriors know that their steel cannot be softened by anything, so therefore things like gender identity become irrelevant. Dr. Cross was a powerful warrior, even in her later years.

Wise warriors see what is, not what is signposted.
edit on 13/4/11 by MagoSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've got myself some real hot pink Crocks, size 13 !!! Guess what ? I can leave them anywhere and no one will ever ever steel them from me !!! LOL....Pink has some advantages.

Plus...What the hell should I care what other people think of me. I know what I am !! A proud hetero and may I add still macho French Canadian man with two kids and a wonderful wife !!!

And...those pink Crocks make people laugh...It's cool !

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
www.henrymakow.com...

Henry Makow

Has many articles on this subject as well as many other subjects, some a little further out there than others.
But his basic theory for this is that (Someone or Something) is trying to break down the family unit and feminizing men is just one of their techniques.
edit on 13-4-2011 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

I thought Makow's article on the Rockefellas reengineering our women was quite poignant

www.henrymakow.com...

It was a bit of an eyeopener, as I'd often suspected feminism was just another divide & conquer tactic by TPTB. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw the Aaron Russo interview confirming the Rockefellers bankrolled the whole womens lib movement.

it's very sad how weakened many men have become in the family unit in the west. These guys will go out on a saturday night and have a punch up no problem, but listen to the way their wives/gfs speak down to them, it's embarrassing. A lot of them seem to have this "Yes, dear" attitiude, anything for a quiet life. The roles seems to have been totally reversed in many households.

Like Makow says us men just weren't designed to fight with women.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

HEY!!!! painting your nails black when you are a metalhead is not ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A few years ago we started a tradition for my niece (now 12) that we would play this board game called "pretty pretty princess" and when it was over we all took a picture looking like a bunch of goobers in fake plastic jewelry. Her little brother saw it and wanted in, and of course the verdict was "no" and he was disappointed (it's really only a 4 person game, it wasn't a "you're a boy, no pink" thing) Point being, for a kid...attention is attention, and if he gets attention from wearing pink nails or a stupid pink crown or his sister's tutu....they'll be happy. As of present, neither niece nor nephew care for the game, and they've moved on.
My 2 year old found a baby doll of mine that I had over 25 years ago, and he picked it up and started giving it kisses and patting it on the head. I took him to the store, told him he could pick out a baby, but he'd have nothing to do with it. To a kid, a toy is a toy...they don't necessarily care what it is, it's something to play with at the time, I doubt he's thinking in his head "I know this will emasculate me, but..."

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes this is going too far in my opinion and i can understand why people are angry about this,afterall its just another attmept by mindless fools to feminise the male population.

Although i do quite like chrome pink.....but thats besides the point.
edit on 13/4/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Girls pink boys blue. That ad is ill minded. Why a boy even needs his toes painted makes 0000 +00000= 000 sense.

edit on 4/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Child abuse unless the boy was 18 (didnt read the original article). Methinks it is more than marketing to gay men - it is about popularizing the gay lifestyle (which speaks to a greater gay agenda). Geez, I remember when Abercrombie & Fitch marketed safari gear for real men (pre-GAP).

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The ad was J. Crew (Michelle Obamas favorite clothing co)....not A&F but they are all becoming HOMOgeneous.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
reply to post by TriForce

I thought Makow's article on the Rockefellas reengineering our women was quite poignant

All I can say for anyone who wants to CHOOSE Makow's excuse for Women wanting equality is:

Read his other stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
I'd have laid my mother flat out!

Yeah! You go you big ole macho male you! Advocate violence against mothers.

I'd rather see all children wearing pink polish than violence of any kind.

Jeesh, you really think that a boy wearing pink polish is worse than a boy talking about laying his mom "flat out"?

Get a grip! Violence is the problem, not pink polish!

Harm None
Peace
edit on 13-4-2011 by amazed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

When a woman can just up and decide that she wants to leave one day and believes its her god given right to
take the kids with her, she knows that she holds all the cards.
Then if you say anything or try and get a lawyer to stop it, shell claim domestic or child abuse and have
rights suspended, send you to jail, then nail you for alimony and child support if/when you do finally get out.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If I had a boy and he had nail polish on id tell him to get rid of that girly junk or he's not going to the monster truck show

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
reply to post by Ginga

When a woman can just up and decide that she wants to leave one day and believes its her god given right to
Then if you say anything or try and get a lawyer to stop it, shell claim domestic or child abuse and have
rights suspended, send you to jail, then nail you for alimony and child support if/when you do finally get out.
How do you associate this with the OP, and pink nail polish?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If I had a boy and he had nail polish on I'd say
"Yes, yes, it's very pretty, go play."
Then I would finish the thread I was reading.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by TriForce
reply to post by Ginga

How do you associate this with the OP, and pink nail polish?

I didnt quote the OP, I quoted Ginga and if you read the posts that he and I made, you should be able to see the relation. If not, then

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join