It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another attempt to emasculate male children.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
J.Crew Ad Showing Boy With Pink Nail Polish Sparks Debate on Gender Identity

www.foxnews.com...

I've no idea if this is part of the nut job gay agenda or just stealing future Men from society but this is freakin sick as hell!

Where the hell is the father? Lay you odds this bit...woman is "too good for a man" and went solo with donor sperm.

Why would you do this to a boy? I'd have laid my mother flat out!

A J Crew designer painting her young son’s toenails neon pink has some parents and doctors seeing red.

The image appeared in a feature called "Saturday With Jenna," which was emailed to customers last week and highlights a few of J.Crew president and creative director Jenna Lyons’ favorite products -- including the hot pink Essie nail polish seen on her son, Beckett.

The caption below the picture reads, “Lucky for me I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink. Toenail painting is way more fun in neon.”

But not everyone sees fun in the ad.

“This is a dramatic example of the way that our culture is being encouraged to abandon all trappings of gender identity,” psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow wrote in a FoxNews.com Health column about the ad.

Media Research Center’s Erin Brown agreed, calling the ad “blatant propaganda celebrating transgendered children.”

“Not only is Beckett likely to change his favorite color as early as tomorrow, Jenna's indulgence (or encouragement) could make life hard for the boy in the future,” Brown wrote in an opinion piece Friday. "J.CREW, known for its tasteful and modest clothing, apparently does not mind exploiting Beckett behind the facade of liberal, transgendered identity politics.”

But Jo B. Paoletti, author of “Pink and Blue: Telling the Girls From the Boys in America” told FoxNews.com she believes critics are overreacting.

“Lots of kids, say 7 and under, might ask their parents for something that would seem to be cross gender, and I think most parents, especially in the privacy of their own home might think, what’s the big deal?" Paoletti said.

The correct response would be "no. we do not do that in this house!"

J.Crew spokeswoman Margot Fooshee said the company had no comment on the ad. Jenna Lyons did not respond to direct requests for comment.

When asked if the ad crossed the line, a majority of Fox News Twitter users backed Paoletti.

“What line would that be? Not forcing your child to like a color just because gender stereotypes say they should?” one commenter known as along_the_path wrote.

But not everyone agreed.

Hell, I refused to wear plaid jeans as a kid in the early 70's even when my mother thought they were "cool"! I was 6!

Edit. Just saw she IS married! Vincent Mazeu. Artist and CANDY ASS!
edit on 12/4/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
One thing's for sure; it's a win-win for J. Crew.
Remember, Any publicity is good publicity

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My nephew loves pink. At his 4th bday he wanted a pink John Deere Tractor cake..... and he got it.
If the kid is ok with this, it is you that has the issue.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
double post
edit on 12-4-2011 by toolstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I got me a hot pink AR-15 with Hello Kitty stickers on it.

If I see some dude walking around with black nail polish I'd likely laugh at him for being some emo nerd or some ridiculous metal head.

If I see some dude walking around with no nail polish on he's just another dude.

If I see some dude with hot pink nail polish on I'm staying the hell away.
And not because I'm afraid I might catch "the gay" if you get my drift.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
When I was around 8 years old I used to paint my best friend's nails pink and put him in a dress and we'd play a harmonica on the street to get money...no harm done.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I like the feeling of silk and soft clothing. FEELS GOOD MAN! Pink is a happy color. Pink is bright and warm and friendly and inviting. Why should females get to have all of the fun? Nail polish is kind of cool. Who is to say that only women are allowed to wear it?

Who is the gluteus maximus clown who decided to issue out colors at birth depending on if a person has an inney or an outty? Please go back to the year 1950 whoever you are. This is the year 2011 and times are a changing old timer. Adapt or die.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't see the problem...1% painting nails pink 99% shouting profanities on call of duty.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I don't see the problem either.
First of all, because the boy seems pretty happy about it. Second, hell, why not?

What's so different between complaining about boys painting their fingernails and complaining about women who want to wear pants? Yes, both are traditionally things associated with the opposite sex. And? So what? Just let people live how they want to live, damn it. Nobody cares if your point of view concerning gender identities is different from anyone else's.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I think the real problem is parents naming the boy "Beckett". It would have been kinder if Mom & Dad just explained to people that they are huge pretentious doosh bags, by nature. Instead they spring their childs name on strangers and wait for the twinkle of understanding to appear.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
I'd have laid my mother flat out!

We do not do that in my house.

continuing on....years ago when one of my nephews was young, he asked for a Cabbage Patch doll. My sister got him one, and he had a great time playing with it and the clothes and accessories she would buy.

One day, he put away his doll, got to playing soccer and when he was older riding a dirt bike, and then dated girls. He ended up marrying a lovely girl, they had a child, and he treated that child with the same joy and love he gave to his doll years before. You couldn't ask for a better father.

I sometimes would wonder if my sister and bil had said "No way!", he might have been puzzled and angry, kept that puzzlement and anger inside where it would live, only to escape once in a while, long after he had become a man.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is sick. They are marketing to children not adults!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I bet if the ad showed a male designer shaving his daughters face nothing would have been said.

I just see a photo of a parent having some fun bonding time with their kid...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So what!

My grandson's favorite color is pink too.

And he likes to do things his mother and sister do - - like paint their nails.

Adults are ridiculous - - - the kids don't care.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Strangely, before World War I, red or pink was considered the "strong" masculine color, and blue was considered effeminate.
I don't agree with nail polish, make-up and so forth for kids. That is, unless some have a natural affinity towards it - I did.
It was certainly never encouraged, but I loved secretly experimenting with lipstick and dress-up games.
The irony is, although I'm gay, I'm a lot more masculine than my former schoolmates.
Sorry, but stuffing your face makes men grow boobies, and their masculinity withdraws.
Sitting in front of the telly like Jubba and swilling constant beer, and eating junk is emasculating men.
Being into masculine sports means actually playing them too, and not just shouting "fag" from the couch.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Eh, who cares?

Funny how a guy with fascist symbols in his avatar is suddenly an expert on the "emasculation" of males.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't know about some of you "ultra"-male guys. I'll tell you a little something: When I was about that kid's age, and even a little older, I used to let my aunt and her hot friend paint my nails. The reason was that I had a little crush on both of them, and as far as I was concerned any attention they gave me was good attention.

My two older brothers made my life a living hell over it, but I didn't care. It was none of their damn business.

Then I grew up, had my share of excellent girlfriends, joined the navy, and remained straight to this day. But even if I'd turned out gay, I seriously doubt there'd have been any connection....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Pink is fine.

Nail painting isnt.

Might as well put him in frilly panties and a dress.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I got me a hot pink AR-15 with Hello Kitty stickers on it.

If I see some dude walking around with black nail polish I'd likely laugh at him for being some emo nerd or some ridiculous metal head.

If I see some dude walking around with no nail polish on he's just another dude.

If I see some dude with hot pink nail polish on I'm staying the hell away.
And not because I'm afraid I might catch "the gay" if you get my drift.

Dont let my daughter know....she'll be pissed I didnt get her one

She still nags me about the olympic issue 10-22 with volq. heavy barrel, timney trigger, and laminated red white blue stock we saw at the gun store!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
back in the day boys were dressed in pink and girls in blue. things change, idiots fuss, people forget and everyone moves on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join