It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another attempt to emasculate male children.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Homophobe. Hmm.

I'll check with my gay friends about that one
Why would you have to check with your gay friends about this topic? I know, invite them to read all of your posts and then post how it makes them feel why don't you. I bet they would love to hear your opinions on this topic, do you affectionately refer to these gay friends as CANDY ASSES, too?
edit on Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:49:37 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

The myth is that anything is normal. At one point men wore as much if not more make up then women and wore tights and wigs. If painting your nails makes you feel less masculine than that is your issue and perspective.

On the episode of Penn Radio broadcast on November 29, 2006, Jillette related the real story behind his red fingernail. It began as a joke with his mother. When he was 18 years old, his mother advised him to keep his hands looking nice, since he then was working as a magician and his audience would be looking at his hands. Jillette colored the single nail red and showed it to his mother. He has continued to paint that single nail to the present. The color he uses is Jelly Apple Red (#054) by Essie.

On the 26 March 2009 Penn Says titled "Painting My Fingernail"[22] he said: "You know, I've been wearing my fingernail red on my left hand for probably close to forty years now. Certainly the vast majority of my life. And when people ask me why I have a red fingernail, I usually answer that it means that I killed a person for asking personal questions. You know, that's the joke I always use. But the real reason is, and the real reason has been distorted over the years. It's changed, the real reason. My mom, when I was first starting doing magic and juggling when I was a teenager, I was doing little card tricks for her and juggling. You know, go into the back yard and make her watch a trick fifty times till I happened to hit it. Very indulgent she was. She told me, her suggestion on show business was that I should keep my hands really nice. If you want people to be staring at your hands with these tricks you're doing you should keep your hands really nice. You should take really good care of them. Make sure the nails look really nice. So I took some of her nail polish. And in order to mock her, to annoy her, to irritate her, I don't even remember now whether I painted all my nails red, or I painted that one nail red. And said is this what you mean? Doesn't that look nice? Isn't that pretty. And of course she was jokingly disgusted. And I decided I liked it. And I kept it. And I kept it. And I kept it, and now my mom died almost ten years ago. And now it's kind-of morphed into this kind-of memory. When I look at the red fingernail I think about it being my mom's nail color. Which I don't think it is. I don't even know how much nail polish she wore."[21]

Penn is a "normal" man who daily paints one of his nails. He his married, has children, and loves gratuitous female nudity on his show Bullsh*t. Is he some part of the gay agenda or trying to emasculate people? I think not.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The OP begins with anti homosexual sentiment, and now you are trying to get some anti feminist sentiment stirred up. How very lucky you are your real feminist conforms to the standards you set for being a real feminist.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The idea of putting nail polish on your fingers is not innately feminine. Its a social norm, I suppose, that women wear it, but its definitely not occurring to the kid that he's doing it to be girly.

I used to play with my sisters my little ponies, right beside my batman and teenage mutant ninja turtles. I used to listen to Sarah Mclachlan and try to sing like her when I was 11 and just trying to get into music.

I used to manage a gay club in Philadelphia, where lots of fellas wore girly things, but more of them dressed like any other guy.

None of these times in my life define me. I'm a heterosexual weight-lifting dude who listens to hardcore punk music and owns guns. I was still those things for the majority of my life, even though parts of it were not stereotypically "manly."

If my boy decides he wants to try on some finger paint, then why the hell would I care?

What are you scared of in this situation? Are you afraid of a child maybe being gay? Because then you might be a bigot.

To me, it wouldn't change my relationship with my son in any way.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

you do know that there ARE transgendered people in the world, right? in case you didn't know, psychologists pretty much agree that gender dysphoria (sp?) is inborn not learned, you can't "make" a homosexual/transgendered person like you can make a sandwich! why do people think that you can just make people "disappear" by disapproving of their percieved "lifestyle?" sorry if you're uncomfortable with the facts, but they won't change just because fox "news" gets people all riled up!

anybody who had a childhood knows that kids (even straight, "well-adjusted" kids) experiment with gender. it's a normal part of growing up - some kids just take it further than others. i just can't see how society benefits from demonizing behavior that is perfectly normal for many people.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by toolstarr

Pink is fine.

Nail painting isnt.

Might as well put him in frilly panties and a dress.

And just why do you say that? I am a male and I paint my nails a variety of colors; however, I assure you that I am no "queer".

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Sweet heart, if we run out of real men the s will htf! When a society is left with a bunch of little candy asses picking flowers instead of "standing in the breach" when hell hits, a society WILL be destroyed.

An army of "rupauls" would be a joke!

What baby are you referring to?

BTW, yes. I do hold to a "high moral" code. Its called being a man. You likely have something similar.

Its called "being a woman".

Agreed.
While I have no problem with "alternative" fashions, I really don't see how turning men into weak, passive little fruitcakes could possibly be a good thing.

But regarding the media....hell, at least they're taking a break from attempting to turn girls into skanky, materialistic little whores.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I saw this on the Stewart show and thought it was ridiculous how the media ran with this. Here
Some of the clips he provides are just strange, in terms of how different people's thought process' are.
I can understand how some would associate pink with femininity, but I think the kid(s) are attracted to the neon aspect of it. Kids often pick the brightest and most distinct colors.
Some of the OP's comments sounds like some type of schoolyard bullying to me, but to each their own I reckon.
"libtards, laid my mother out, artist and candyass, sweetheart," wow...

spec

edit on 14-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
HAHA.

"Taking a kid to a face-painting booth doesn't make them a cat."

Sorry, I just sincerely loved that line.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

It all depends. Was it the boy's decision or was it forced on him? This isn't exactly feminization, heck older male fashion traditions we would consider "feminine" today, were considered very masculine back in the day.

If it was the parent then it might be a problem. When I think of dehumanization or feminization of boy's I think of Swedish women harassing their men to sit down when going to the bathroom, citing standing up to pee as an attempt of male domination in their twisted man-hating brains. Or Finnish feminist man-hating instructors forcing boy's to sit down to pee because girls have to.

Or female teachers treating male students as sub-human, ignoring their educational needs or turning their course into a man-hate festival. Or male/female teachers forcing male students to respect women, as if we are nothing more then slaves in waiting.

There is so much wrong with our Matriarchal, man-hating/boy-hating society that this is the only thing that set's you off? The only thing you notice that is wrong? I seriously can't wait till the last chauvinist male dies out(most chauvinistic males tend to be older like you) so men can begin to fight back in the war being levied against us with chauvinist's like you doing everything in their power to "empower women over men".

Because by holding males up to some stoic, disposable, cookie cutter construct you are just aiding the femnazi's in turning us all into slaves.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Sweet heart, if we run out of real men the s will htf! When a society is left with a bunch of little candy asses picking flowers instead of "standing in the breach" when hell hits, a society WILL be destroyed.

An army of "rupauls" would be a joke!

What baby are you referring to?

BTW, yes. I do hold to a "high moral" code. Its called being a man. You likely have something similar.

Its called "being a woman".

If you honestly think Gen Y males will fight en mass to defend America your on crack. Do you know why DC hasn't reinstated the draft even though from a rational observation it is sorely needed? Because we are undraftable and they don't really want China or Russia to know about it.

Why should we fight to defend a society that hates us because of our gender? On the one side you have leftist femnazi's and their sympathizers who want us reduced to second class citizens if we are lucky, slaves if we aren't and worse yet dead if we are totally unlucky.

On the right we have traditionalist's like you(ohh i want to add more words but I doubt the mods would allow it) who think men should be good little wage slaves and do whatever traditional women expect of us and go along with "women are always right" chauvinistic paradigm. That women are a form of the divine that should be worshiped and we should feel grateful to fall on our swords for. NO TY!

Generation Y was promised gender equality and instead we got female supremacy. Since society only benefits the average gal(and the few old rich guy's) let them fight to defend it. I would rather watch this society burn then lift a finger to defend femnazi's or traditionalist blockheads.

Even if it means my own eventual demise it would be one heck of a satisfying show.

Heck that is the singular reason I left the Church, is because they give cover and often aide and abet man-hating traditionalist's like the OP.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's a lose/lose.

Boys get feminized by women= they lose
Society teaches hypermasculinity instead of just being a proud natural male = lose

Society is designed so males are screwed. Neither women and most men care for male issues because society acts as if men are jsut dumb mindless animals with easy life. Truth is men suffer from body issues, depression, emtoional problems, sexual frustration, etc. Society in some ways wants men to get so screwed up that they have so many mental issues then turn to being murderers or rapists.

More men get screwed up, the more feminist get their reason to man hate. After all they do help spread the idea that men have no issues plus we should ignore anything male.

Also in todays society women can be anything and still find love. Soon as a male steps outside that masculine image I say about 90% of american women find it a turn off. Males don't have the freedom to be themselves like women do. (Notice how most male adult sites may have 100 different fetishes while sites for women always have the same old tall masculine fit guys.) Men are less shallow as proven.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Envious because: Don't want to double post.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's great that the boy can express that pink is his favorite color. There are many masculine guys that like the color pink. Even pimps are saying that pink is sexy. I don't think this is a "gay" agenda just because the boy likes pink.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I agree with OP

We need things to be balanced.Balance is the key.Women need to be the way the are, and men don't need to become less men.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyed

Shame to have such an outdated view.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyed

You do realize that only until recently pink was considered a manly color right? Like I said before, it's a shade of red and was thus associated with blood and war. Blue was also considered a more feminine color and was associated with the Virgin Mary.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyed
I agree with OP

We need things to be balanced.Balance is the key.Women need to be the way the are, and men don't need to become less men.

Exactly. Let things be balanced. Let the manly men, be manly, let the feminine men, be feminine, let the girly girls be girly and let the boyish girls be boyish and by everyone being their true selves there is perfect balance.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join