It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another attempt to emasculate male children.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Only beef I have with this is that the mother thought it was a good idea to put a known toxic substance on her child's toenails. Take a look at what goes into that crap and tell me why anyone would want it near the kid. Other than that, color don't matter. Kids like what they like, no harm no foul.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i have a pink t-shirt, does that mean i esmasculate myself when i wear it?
the thread title says' another attempt' ... what where the other attemps?
the people involved dont seem to care, whats the problem?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The most famous white woman in South Africa.
For many years the ironic critic of apartheid and its kitsch, and now a true model citizen who never voted NP or headed the former (fictional) homeland of Babetikosweti.
Oh how the fascists wanted to arrest and jail her for decades - but, alas, she didn't exist off the stage.
So nobody could ever capture her.
Tannie (auntie) Evita's Women's Day message. When all the big, strong heroes only obeyed or did nothing, or just played rugby.
(Now who says nothing good ever comes from playing with make-up?)
A universally loved South African icon:

edit on 12-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
J.Crew Ad Showing Boy With Pink Nail Polish Sparks Debate on Gender Identity

www.foxnews.com...

I've no idea if this is part of the nut job gay agenda or just stealing future Men from society but this is freakin sick as hell!

You mean this is sick is hell?

A child, with two loving parents, who work, and are spending time with the c hild, gosh you know, now that you mentioned it, you must be right, what sick as hell parents this kid has, huh? You can clearly see the neglect, abuse and fear in the photo, all over the child's face. Look at that child's eyes, you can clearly tell sick as hell things are being perpetrated upon this child, according to OP that is.

Where the hell is the father? Lay you odds this bit...woman is "too good for a man" and went solo with donor sperm.

Why would you do this to a boy? I'd have laid my mother flat out!

At three years old, you would have violently attacked your mother for spending some quality one on one time with you? And, why the speculation about how this child was conceived? Your agenda is showing, bet your face is PINK!

What is SICK AS HELL regarding this topic, is that people like OP are using it as another grand opportunity to spew filthy hatefilled homophobic rants across ATS.

Like all good homophobes and hate mongers, the use of a baby to make their hate filled homophobic point is well with in their own moral codes and boundaries.

I have yet to see one shred of proof that paiting nails as toddlers or any age effects gender roles.

If this is the case no nail polish for girls, it may wrongly influence our future lesbians to be straight.

The correct response would be "no. we do not do that in this house!"

Obviously not in this parent's house, and you only have control over your own offspring.

Hell, I refused to wear plaid jeans as a kid in the early 70's even when my mother thought they were "cool"! I was 6!

Edit. Just saw she IS married! Vincent Mazeu. Artist and CANDY ASS!
edit on 12/4/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)
Again, why are you calling this father a candy ass? Once again, your true agenda comes across, and it is nothing more than garden variety ATS homophobia.
edit on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:51:19 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Stunning girl. Here's to Tannie (auntie) Evita!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

The individual "attacks" on our kids are not noticable. Its the continued barrage.

A picture here, a show there, it begins to build.

Your on ATS! You should be able to spot the conspiracy.
I am sorry,,can you point me to the part of your OP in which you have elucidated these attacks on our children? I worry about the real attacks on our kids, by abusers and pedophiles. Can you show me where this situation was abusive or attacked the child? All you have established so far in this thread is your homophobia and hatred.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon
Another polarizing ad... When will this stop?
After 'freeing' large portion of female population into utter uncontrollable consumerism.
Men are led the same path.
And worse yet - children are next...

Buy buy buy... And if you don't - you are an outcast.
Corporate america wants you cash - and anything goes...
I must be confused. What is polarizing about this ad?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Its the "little" things that "whom ever" are doing to boys mentally and physically "trying to make them NOT boys".

The drugging for ADD and things like this. Individual acts by themselves are innocuous and meaningless, its when the continued "hammering" with stuff like this.

Not to offend, but in schools when they have material telling kids about sex in general too early and also "if you feel gay you probably are". I'm not for that. Hell, my daugher is in 6th grade and telling me about boys that consider themselves "bi". Thats not normal. Damn sure not at that age. They shouldnt be doing anything of that nature...sexual relations shouldnt be taught at school...period.

If a guy wants to wear pink and have an earring, thats fine. I look good in yellow (so my wife says
). A friend at work has a boyfriend (hes gay) and the sucker is a freakin Ranger! Cant get much more of a guy than that. He's just gay!

They try to tell the boys its not good to play "violent" kid games with guns and swords. They seem to want to pussify them into little wimps. Women seem to be the worst offenders. Make them "girly". Dad not being in the picture can hurt as well. Boys are rough, nasty, smell little turds. That same nasty little turd can be sensitive as well. Look at Captain Phil (rip). He was a helluva man but he could be sensitive as well! Never met the man but I loved him! That would be a guy I'd follow through the gates of hell!

Warrior Poets?

If someone grows up and figures they're gay, fine. Be gay. Doesnt mean you cant be "a man about it"!

One of my other friends is also gay (I just realized I have more gay friends than I thought
). He's not exactly "butch" but he's a dude!

The "Rupaul" things? Thats just sick. I dont consider them gay, just freaks!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

So its OK to be gay as long as they comly with your HIGH moral standards and be a "man about it"?
(and you have established your high moral standards include being perfectly OK with using a little baby to make your homophobic points).

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Symbols (pink polish) can mean far more than words.

I dont know of ANY boy at his age that would tolerate it.

I've read stories of kids (both genders) where parents wanted the opposite sex in kids and forced them into other roles. Its wrong either direction.

boys are boys, girls are girls. Unless you just have a desire to destroy society, certain norms are required at formative ages.

I'm not intending to change your mind. You have as much likelyhood to change mine. I dont think we've ever agreed on hardly any topic.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Sweet heart, if we run out of real men the s will htf! When a society is left with a bunch of little candy asses picking flowers instead of "standing in the breach" when hell hits, a society WILL be destroyed.

An army of "rupauls" would be a joke!

What baby are you referring to?

BTW, yes. I do hold to a "high moral" code. Its called being a man. You likely have something similar.

Its called "being a woman".

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Not to be nasty or old fashioned, but with long blonde locks like that the nail-polish would be the least of my worries.
I mean lets be honest, what would upset a dad in traditional Western culture more, and what is more visible:
Long Goldilocks, or the sheen of polish under the socks?
I see the ambiguously haired 1970s' youngster is back.
Well good for them if they like it.
To be truthful - I thought it was a girl anyway.

I like old time dames, like Dame Edna:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Symbols (pink polish) can mean far more than words.

I dont know of ANY boy at his age that would tolerate it.

I've read stories of kids (both genders) where parents wanted the opposite sex in kids and forced them into other roles. Its wrong either direction.

boys are boys, girls are girls. Unless you just have a desire to destroy society, certain norms are required at formative ages.

I'm not intending to change your mind. You have as much likelyhood to change mine. I dont think we've ever agreed on hardly any topic.
This boy apparently tolerated it. How many three year old boys do you know to come to your opinion?

I don't ask to change your mind nor am I interested in changing my own mind. I had a lot of questions I see you have chosen to ignore, instead offering up that no boys you know would tolerate (something, I dont even know what you mean, tolerate spending time with mommy?)

Also you have no where near established any kind of support for your statement that this mother painting her child's nails pink is going to destroy society.

How is this ad going to affect this child or any child's formative years? One is born with thier sexual preference, pink nail polish will not influence it at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You are hanging on to old generation ideal of what gender roles are. We live in the 21st Century where we've realized gender roles do little more than restrain us from our potential. Maybe where you live it is unheard of for a boy to want his toe nails painted but not where I am from and not from where a lot of these posters are from either. You see it as emasculating the kid just sees it as fun. Don't make it out to be something it is not.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Dame Edna is a hoot!

This is just a guys "take" on an elderly lady. Nothing sexual. Just damn funny!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Sweet heart, if we run out of real men the s will htf! When a society is left with a bunch of little candy asses picking flowers instead of "standing in the breach" when hell hits, a society WILL be destroyed.

An army of "rupauls" would be a joke!

What baby are you referring to?

BTW, yes. I do hold to a "high moral" code. Its called being a man. You likely have something similar.

Its called "being a woman".
You are the OP you posted the story, I refer to the baby in the picture we are supposed to be debating.

Here we have a poster resorting to calling me a degrading name (sweetheart) which is an attempt at deflection.

Define a real man.

here is my definition of a real man.

A real man has a penis, and regardless of where he puts it, or what color he paints it, he remains a man.

Please share with us your definition of a real man.

Also feel free to follow your own rules about what a real man is, and the rest of us will follow our own personal code of conduct. My wish is for each human to be able to live freely from hate filled nasty phobic rants against their legal choices. This mother has the right to paint her kids nails, boy or girl. There is no abuse in this picture, so why the big deal?

If it is offensive dont buy J Crew stuff, or write J Crew and tell them how you feel. You can rant about it here, but in none of your posts have you established support for what stands as nothing but homophobic OP ranting in guise of outrage over a child's picture of painted toes.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

That is beyond sick. Pink aside, what mother paints the toenails of her SON????? Both of mine would throw a fit if I ever even jokingly suggested such a thing, in ANY color. Our society is going down the tubes, and taking the country with it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Obviously, none of us will change each others minds here.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Our society/media has decided that the male figure is less intelligent, lazy, and not as important as the femine....unless he is some sort of pseudo-intellectual liberal wimp.

Men are no longer necessary....ask these hollywood starlets that escew having a father for their baby and go "solo" at the sperm bank.

Its a Brave New World. Eternal Archetypes be damned.

Thank you all for coming. Think I"ll put some polish on my nails with the patch's from my gun cleaning kit.

it wont be pink though! I rather like deep red.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
As Dendro mentions, the old viewpoints are dying. I personally can't wait until everyone realizes this and we all move on to other things. This whole controversy is just more Fox crap to sensationalize a completely inane topic. Also, this guy is starting to get it too..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
He seems to be stuck on the fact that one can "Stand in the breech" and also have painted fingernails at the same time. An army of "rupauls"? I guess he thinks that a male who emulates a female would not be a good warfighter? I am not sure. Maybe he does not think that a female is capable of being a good soldier and that males who emulate females can not be a good soldier either?

Macho has zero relation to accuracy with a firearm. Macho has zero relevancy to operating a UAV. Femininity does not determine how well you can perform a weapon jam clearing drill.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join