It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN document would give 'Mother Earth' same rights as humans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The idea that the Earth is an 'entity' is not altogether new. In fact, theosophists like Mme Blavatsy, Anne Baily, David Icke (ironically) and numerous others have been promoting this agenda since quite some time ago. The Lucifer trust (which is closely integrated with the UN), and other such organizations, make no secret of their acceptance of this metaphysical understanding of the relationship between the planet and ourselves. Their principles and agenda are openly aligned with the idea that the Earth is a conscious entity.

The "Planetary Logos' (colloquially called "Mother Nature") is said to be a highly evolved conscious being, subordinate, in a manner, to the "Solar Logos" and subsequently to the "Galactic Logos." It's nature is one of ambivalence, meaning it would just as soon destroy all mankind rather than let mankind destroy the well-being of the planet's life... all without malice... out of clinically detached necessity.

These precepts appear to be deeply embedded in the belief system of those who are of the alleged 'cult' of the NWO (which could mean the idea is used to elevate their agenda to a 'spiritual' or 'religious' purpose.)

Those who dabble in the art of true history analysis and research are well aware that this could be identified as the first major step towards the establishment of the 'mandatory' (as in enforced under penalty of law) acceptance of, or tolerance for, a new global religion, based on Theosophy and some hermetic philosophies.

Of course, such a claim is extraordinary and would require extraordinary evidence... let's hope there never is any to be found, and that this doesn't happen..... Right now it seem conjecture based on coincidences of "faith."

edit on 12-4-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't think this is terrible. I think it's a good idea. We're trashing this planet and should stop. For future generations, if nothing else. We're taking their home from them.

Originally posted by adjensen
"Nature's complaints"? Nature doesn't complain about anything

Well, not in English, but when the toxicity in the water starts to give fish three eyes, that is nature complaining.
When a duck shows up dead and covered with oil, that is nature complaining. Nature complains loudly! You're just not listening.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Go Bolivia Go!

Anyone watch RT today about the effect on the earth of depleted uranium weapons. Depleted uranium is heavy and slowly penetrates down to the water level and contaminates everywhere it reaches. This contamination lasts for 4 billion years. It causes cancer, lukemia, birth defects and mutations on the humans that live on that contaminated land. This is now coming to light in Iraq and be prepared for the saddest pictures you will see of the afflicted babies.

Apparently the allies are using depleted uranium weapons in Libya according to RT. The UK, USA, French and Israeli have these weapons which are regarded as very efficient for warfare. Germany and Italy think they should not be used at all and the South Americans - well Go Bolivia Go! becaue if you don't how the hell will we ever clean up or deal with 4 billion years of contamination.

I can see the nonsense that this could degenerate into but we must remember that it is also our troops when involved in this kind of contaminating warfare and exposed also and do we have the right to contaminate parts of the planet for this expanse of time?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So if this new 'Person' doesn't pay their taxes, I guess the Govt. has the right to take away its property (For Free now). And if we cut down a tree, that's assault and we will have to pay that 'Person' who in turn will use our money to pay their taxes to the Govt.

In other words, this is a way to tax us for cutting trees, grass or flowers. We will pay taxes to grow a garden or pick wild berries. We will pay even more taxes for dumping our waste and drinking water.

And on and on...

Sorry for the rant but anytime I see the UN trying to do anything, I try to connect the dots to find their End Game.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Lucky you. My thread on this story - www.abovetopsecret.com... - dated 11 April at 3:06am was moved to Fragile Earth where it has been laid to rest to die peacefully.

My comments from that thread still hold for this one. I won't bother repeating them.

Edit: I see the difference now. In my thread the the law was "set" to pass. In this one It apparently has passed.

edit on 12-4-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yeah I know this has been stated before but I have to say "give corporations the rights of a human being"= Good?
Give our planet equal rights as a human being = Bad????
WTF are you on, never mind It's the brown stuff stuck to your nose from kissing corporate Americas A#, you must have been snorting it so long it's poisoned your mind against rational thought.

I really have no more words at least non that won't be against T&C so I am just leaving it at that.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't think this is terrible. I think it's a good idea. We're trashing this planet and should stop. For future generations, if nothing else. We're taking their home from them.

"Nature's complaints"? Nature doesn't complain about anything

Well, not in English, but when the toxicity in the water starts to give fish three eyes, that is nature complaining.
When a duck shows up dead and covered with oil, that is nature complaining. Nature complains loudly! You're just not listening.

That isn't complaining, that's cause and effect. Complaining would be nature capriciously killing all fish, or having unexplained earthquakes where people are drilling for oil or bashing seals.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favour of further ruination of our planet, far from it. But I do object to the personification and inevitable emotionalizing of the issues, because then the "activists" can make their opinions into facts by appealing, not to science, but to the emotional viewpoint.

link   
Does this mean that they will stop drilling for oil???? NO. Does this mean that they will stop mining for precious metals? NO Does this mean that they will stop with HARRP? NO Does this mean that they will stop spraying chemicals in the atmosphere? NO. This is the biggest bull I have read in a long time. It's totally self serving for the corporations...

link   
Peeps: what wrong with you! The Earth is our mother what is wrong with treating her with respect. she is living and has an inteligence we cannot even fathom. ofc she is hurting. show some respect..

kx

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

The idiocy of the UN continues to hit new heights. Now we are giving the earth personhood status.

you are mistaken there is no idiocy here, you simply lack the bizzarro viewpoint of the psychopath.
see, more cushy jobs for parasites not stupid at all.

It also establishes a Ministry of Mother Earth, and provides the planet with an ombudsman whose job is to hear nature's complaints as voiced by activist and other groups, including the state.

oh really? and pray tell how will activist and other groups, including the state determine mother earths wishes?
perhaps they posses some sort of "superior" senses that we morally inferior and unenlightened folk lack?.
read "Atlas Shrugged" especially where she denounces what she calls "mysticism". these are the same breed of despisers of humanity along with their pseudo-mystical beliefs and abilities.

"If you want to have balance, and you think that the only (entities) who have rights are humans or companies, then how can you reach balance?" Pablo Salon, Bolivia's ambassador to the UN, told Postmedia News.

"the only (entities) who have rights are humans or companies"

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

That is not the point, any law that can be turned into a revenue, the big corp will pay and giggle.
The same fine will crush anything that is not big business.
This law will not help our "Mother" it will just place a monetary value on her blood is all.
Not surprised as it is headed up by the UN, but this law will not help at all.
Like a previous poster said, "They" will still drill for oil, stripmine the earth Etc.
This is all just more red tape.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

From what I gather the primary fear is that the "Malevolent" NWO Globalist agenda will be furthered by protecting the earth and giving it's interest (IE the best interest of humanity as a whole) an equal footing with the interests of nations and corporations (IE self serving entities who do not have the best interest of humanity in mind).

The more I read the more I am becoming convinced the globalist agenda is not bad and all this rubbish about destroying our lives, planned genocide, putting us in jail for trying to live and so on and so forth is simply the nationalistic and corporate propaganda machines trying to stop what is inevitable because they want to survive.

Just like asbestos manufacturers tried to convince us we would all die in a fire if we didn't continue to use their product that clearly causes health problems, just like the the pharmaceutical, and large food conglomerates try to convince us we will die if we don't follow their lead. The National interests are doing the same to stop any move towards globalism.

Calling it Luciferian plot? Sarcasm: "Oh well I'm a good Christian I can't support that!" How much more clear does it need to be that humanities' best interests are not served by Nations and corporations anymore?

The backlash against this makes it very clear to me. I was on the fence, I am now a globalist.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Originally posted by beezzer
I hope this pic illustrates what I felt when I read this.

A lot of Earth haters in this thread. It's okay for corporations to have the same rights as humans but not the living organism of Earth?

Yeah people who care about the planet are way out of control. Man, there aren't enough face palms for the nature haters on here.

We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors we borrow it from our children. - Chief Seattle

Awww Puddin' I'm no nature hater. Just a regular guy who will be dust when the earth keeps rolling along. C'mere, need a hug?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by purplemer

That is not the point, any law that can be turned into a revenue, the big corp will pay and giggle.
The same fine will crush anything that is not big business.
This law will not help our "Mother" it will just place a on her blood is all.
Not surprised as it is headed up by the UN, but this law will not help at all.
Like a previous poster said, "They" will still drill for oil, stripmine the earth Etc.
This is all just more red tape.

she has a monetary value already that is what is killing her. to regulate a whole you must first govern as a whole. these are small steps in the right direction. but you are right.. bigger things need to change too..

kx

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
These ombudsmen the Earth is going to be supplied with. Are they going to be held responsible for Earth's atrocities? Like the earthquake and sunami in Japan? Can we sue these ombudsmen if Earth hits us with a flood, tornado, earthquake, lightning strikes? Can't have it both ways.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Look, seriously? MAN will be representing the earth.

MAN, you know, that greedy, stupid, selfish, lazy, myopic, (did I say stupid?) arrogant, foolish species.

Oh yeah. This'll go over real well.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That isn't complaining, that's cause and effect.

If someone hits me over the head and I smack them upside the face, it's cause and effect, too. But I'm still complaining that they hit me over the head.

Complaining would be nature capriciously killing all fish, or having unexplained earthquakes where people are drilling for oil or bashing seals.

And that's not happening...

Mass Bird and Fish Deaths

Oil Extractions Stresses Earth, Contributing to Earthquakes and Tsunamis

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I subscribed to this magazine several years ago.

They have the best coverage of alternative living, and I learned a lot of helpful tips about homes and gardens.

Oh ! Wait ! Your talking about the planet we live on. I first thought about the "Mother Earth News" mag.

Well, I guess if heartless - soulless corporations can be classed as people here in the U S, why not class a large conglomeration of various types of rock, dirt, and water as also having "rights".

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hello there. Please contribute to the previous discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join