It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden track in lateralus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I noe i noe this has been posted before, but i never really listened to it(partly due to the fact that i lost my cd and was too lazy to dl the song). Man the hidden track FREAKED ME OUT!! when i listened to it i had this really creepy feeling that i was being watched, which was weird because it was 3am and i had the door to my room closed on the second story of my house but my window was open. anybody else feel something when they listen to it?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I know the one you are talking about, though have not listened to it - I have the album too! Lol. I will find the album and listen to it now (if I can find the hidden track that is).

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yes, I had just listened to that yesterday... Not only is it a strange feeling you get when listening, the lyrics are just as creepy:

"I, I don't have a whole lot of time. Um, OK, I'm a former employee of Area 51. I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and, and... [chokes] I've kind of been running across the country. Damn, I don't know where to start, they're, they're gonna, um, they'll triangulate on this position really soon.

OK, um, um, OK, what we're thinking of as, as aliens, they're extradimensional beings, that, an earlier precursor of the, um, space program they made contact with. They are not what they claim to be. Uh, they've infiltrated a, a lot of aspects of, of, of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51.

The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now. They are not! They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable."

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I found the song and downloaded it. I think the song is very interesting, the guy's voice almost sounds like he's telling the truth. I noticed the name of the song is " Faaip de Oiad", I was wondering if anyone knew what that meant. I tried to translate it from italian to english, nothing. I tried french to english, nothing. I tried spanish and german to english, and still I got nothing. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by USAFSF]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I belive these are the lyrics below. Not what was posted above this, but maybe I have thr wrong song.

Track 14 (hidden);
"I had me some opium for breakfast
what a way to start my day
Gotta be at work in less than an hour
might be too #ed up to find my way

i had me some opium for breakfast
gone and got my self really high
now i'm gonna drive on the interstate
good lord don't let me die

i had me some opium for breakfast
now i'm really thinking about lunch
dinner tonight, breakfast tomorrow
cuz y'know, dear lord, i've gotta bunch"

[edit on 7/26/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ya, I just searched for the song Faaip de Oiad. I correct myself about the above post.

So can anyone tell me how long into the CD this song is? Ive never heard this song and would love to.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
For those of you who didn't hear it already, here's an mp3 of the actual phonecall made to Art Bell in 97. Supposedly, about a week later someone called saying it was a prank.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ya just listened to that mp3. That guy definately sounded like he was acting. And seriously if your running for your life from the government why would you stop, make a call and risk them triangulating your position?

The guy didn't even reveal any good information. If your going to risk getting caught at least reveal something usefull.

I haven't heard the song yet though, hopefully that is better.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Ya, I just searched for the song Faaip de Oiad. I correct myself about the above post.

So can anyone tell me how long into the CD this song is? Ive never heard this song and would love to.

Faaip De Oiad is the 13th and the last song. It's on that track, after the song. You have to wait quite a while though..

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ok, I've been waiting like 4 years for this topic to come up somewhere where someone else besides me has heard of it. The thing that makes this truly crazy is when he was talking about disasters. Then Art suddenly got cut off. Later on this same night there was an earthquake that shook us all the way here in Vegas. So I looked up the transcripts on the Art Bell website. They posted the transcript for the night after the earthquake, where Art talks about the previous night's quake, and the night before, but the night of this call mysteriously had no transcript.
We never get quakes and if it shook us here in Vegas, that means it had to have really shook parhump which is midpoint from here to Cali, and the base of Art Bell's broadcast. Coincidence?

I always wondered if the government really has the ELF tesla machine tucked away for stuff like this.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"Faaip de Ioiad" (note that the last word is not spelled "Oiad" as the track title) means "Voices of Your God" in Enochian Magic.

(Enochian is said to be the language that angels speak)

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
quadricle: thank you for clearing me up on what the title meant.
Durden: thank you for the link, I have never heard that before, and it was pretty interesting. During the phone call the host of the show said his show was terminated for a short amount of time. I find that interesting, but what I'm wondering is how credible is Art Bell? Should I believe him when he said he was kicked off the air? I never heard the radio show so I'm not sure how reliable it is. Maybe the whole phone call was staged and Art Bell saying he was kicked off the air was staged too, to help people believe that the phone call was real. Does anybody know who the man was who made that call? Or even when this call supposedly took place? any infomation would be appreciated. Thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFSF
quadricle: thank you for clearing me up on what the title meant.
Durden: thank you for the link, I have never heard that before, and it was pretty interesting. During the phone call the host of the show said his show was terminated for a short amount of time. I find that interesting, but what I'm wondering is how credible is Art Bell? Should I believe him when he said he was kicked off the air? I never heard the radio show so I'm not sure how reliable it is. Maybe the whole phone call was staged and Art Bell saying he was kicked off the air was staged too, to help people believe that the phone call was real. Does anybody know who the man was who made that call? Or even when this call supposedly took place? any infomation would be appreciated. Thanks

The call was made september 15th, 1997. Skeptic Report wrote about it here.

Art Bell ran a radio show that covered pretty much anything you could imagine. Google him if you want to know more.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Does anyone have a link to an audio file of the track?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, I just heard the transcript and it's pretty obvious the guy is legitimate. Anyone who states otherwise simply doesn't know how to read tones and emotions in voices or simply hasn't lived long enough.

: )

Cheers

JS

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hidden track? On the back of my Lateralus CD is written "13-Faaip de Oaid"...

Uhm I'm never using this site,... but the word i have to enter to post my comment is "area51" o0

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Jesus Christ....you dug this up 4 FREAKING YEARS LATER TO ADD ONLY THAT???

We need to disable the Anonymous account. This is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Echotebarknwhale

when you think about the things this man is saying such as the disasters, if you look back over the last few years it sounds like he was right about it, remember that he never gave a specific time for these things and he also mentioned what people think to be aliens as "extra-dimensional beings"

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by newbornknight

Tool are weird but I don't believe they're prophets
Their lyrics are about thinking for yourself and being critical of things like religion and I guess the whole myth around UFOs too. Here's what the guy says in the song Faaip De Oiad which I think is the one you're referring to.

"I, I don't have a whole lot of time.
Um, OK, I'm a former employee of Area 51.
I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and,
and...[chokes] I've kind of been running across the country.
Damn, I don't know where to start, they're,
they're gonna, um, they'll triangulate on this position really soon.

OK, um, um, OK,
what we're thinking of as, as aliens, they're extradimensional beings,
that, an earlier precursor of the, um, space program they made
contact with. They are not what they claim to be.
Uh, they've infiltrated a, a lot of aspects of, of, of the
military establishment, particularly the Area 51.

The disasters that are coming, they, the military,
I'm sorry, the government knows about them.
And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could
begin moving the population to now. They are not!
They want those major population centers wiped out so that the
few that are left will be more easily controllable."

edit: that was from a radio show? I've always thought it was something they recorded for the album.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by cripmeister]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join