It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden track in lateralus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

thank you for your thoughts and opinion but I wonder did you even read the entire thread?, the transcript has already been posted, we established that it was used on tools lateralus album on the last track years later and what your saying isn't really a reply to my last post.

my advice? read the threads that you post on before replying.

The main point I'm interested in is what the man says about "disasters" that are coming that the government knows about, looks like it has begun and still continues.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

you should read aleister crowleys book of the law then you might belive some stuff you didnt before!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i have the album lateralus its awesome the 13th track yeah its crazy it gives you some weird vibes i myself am open minded to there being some truth to it even if it is maynard acting and saying that i think there is still some truth because like in the book of the law says there will be prophets to come along they will be persecuted and destroyed by the herd but when the disasters strike they will be the ones to survive the herd will be destroyed in mass...

the herd will be destroyed in mass now with that being said the book was written in 1904 that lateralus didnt come out till sometime recently like within the last decade right? didnt that hidden track say somethin about the population being destroyed in mass thats why there not moving people to safe places hmm..also did anyone notice all the songs trying to sell california listen to paper tongues ibelive it is and there song california i dont like it or them but my local new rock station 103.9 the x plays it

i think alot of songs like that are to get people to go to cali because if you look on the inside of your Tool cd Aenima california is submerged what better way to destroy the population then to send them all to the most populated state and kill alot of birds with one stone...anyone seeing what i'm seeing and if you dont pick up the book of the law by crowley it'll open your third eye as Tool talks about!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by newbornknight

That's good advice thank you. Did you see the edit at the bottom of my post where I admitted this? Anyway, I still think Tool put the phone call there to help illustrate a point. To many blind believers stuff like this is treated like the Faaip de oiad/Voice Of God. UFOlogy is a religion to these people and everything is taken on faith. Contactees and whistle blowers are the prophets etc. Buying into the whole Roswell crash, MJ12 conspiracy and Area 51 story isn't thinking for yourself.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Echotebarknwhale

G'day Echotebarknwhale

I don't really think this belongs in the "Aliens & UFO" forum.

I think this is really BTS material.

Kind regards
Mayb...maybe not

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If anyone has listened to the album in depth, the whole thing has a sort of ET/UFO/otherwordly feel to it. Songs like "The Grudge," "The Patient," and even some of the later tracks like "Disposition" and "Triad" have always made me think of space and our interaction with it. "The Grudge" talks about Saturn affecting your innermost thoughts and desires, and then obviously "Faaip de Oiad" references Area 51 and all that.

The album might not be talking about ETs and/or UFOs, but there are definitely some allusions to opening your mind to all the Universe has to offer, be it in forms of spirituality/religion ("Schism" and "The Patient"), or understanding nature through science and mathematics ("Parabol/Parabola" and to some extent "Lateralus"). I would venture to guess that Maynard James Keenan and the guys whould be all about learning the ways of the Universe from ETs.

That's the beauty of Tool's music though. It's open to so much speculation and interpretation, that in essence, a song's true meaning is only what it means to you, the listener. Maynard sometimes talks about the humor he finds in people who write to him claiming to "know" what he was feeling or thinking when he would write a song. They would claim to feel a connection with him, because they understood! Maynard would just say that there is no one meaning, or sometimes the meaning behind the song that the fans claimed to know, was in fact not at all what he was going for. So take each interpretation with a grain of salt, but know that there really isn't one right answer. Because THAT is what Tool is all about.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwiggen
If anyone has listened to the album in depth, the whole thing has a sort of ET/UFO/otherwordly feel to it. Songs like "The Grudge," "The Patient," and even some of the later tracks like "Disposition" and "Triad" have always made me think of space and our interaction with it. "The Grudge" talks about Saturn affecting your innermost thoughts and desires, and then obviously "Faaip de Oiad" references Area 51 and all that.
The Grudge is about how he was cheated on with his first wife(the scarlet lettermen), and how he tried to overcome it. The reference to Saturn, is how it's esoterically linked to Karma, and that what goes around comes around. Although, you need to shed your hatred, because by the time it comes back, you should be a changed man.

In fact, that's the major theme to Lateralus. It's about releasing yourself of all the hatred and grudges that you hold, and just let them go, so you can become a better person. Songs like The Patient is referencing his emotional state on how to take things one day at a time, while other songs like Ticks and Leeches is about how much they hate their record company for almost splitting up the band.

But all in all, the album is about moving on, and becoming the better man you should be, regardless of how much the world sucks you down. For how edgy/heavy the album is, it's very positive in nature, with extremely uplifting themes. Something that most people don't associate with Tool, which I find ironic.

That's the beauty of Tool's music though. It's open to so much speculation and interpretation, that in essence, a song's true meaning is only what it means to you, the listener. Maynard sometimes talks about the humor he finds in people who write to him claiming to "know" what he was feeling or thinking when he would write a song. They would claim to feel a connection with him, because they understood! Maynard would just say that there is no one meaning, or sometimes the meaning behind the song that the fans claimed to know, was in fact not at all what he was going for. So take each interpretation with a grain of salt, but know that there really isn't one right answer. Because THAT is what Tool is all about.
This is very true, but the above description is actual true, and was explained by Maynard in a few different interviews I've read with them. I don't know what every song means, but he did explain The Grudge and Ticks and Leeches, while adding the theme of the album. As for Ænima, I'm still confused by a lot of his songs, but I think it was a lot of stuff he borrowed or gained from watching Bill Hicks. I know for a fact that Eulogy is dedicated to Bill Hicks, while he's at the very beginning to Third Eye, and the actual song Ænima is an almost word-for-word cover of one of Bill Hicks jokes.

I don't even know why this thread was brought back up, as it was created in '04, but I love talkin about Tool.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by TravisT]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have never met the guys from Tool but I have the same tabla teacher (Aloke Dutta) as Danny Carey their drummer. I have been studying tabla with Aloke for years now and help out with the graphics and web development for him. Over the years I have heard stories from Aloke about going to Area 51 with some of the guys but not seeing anything that night. As well as some other amusing and insightful stuff. But either way, they are very conscious individuals and draw from many different influences. Their music has many messages within them (all positive) in different ways however elusive they may be. I know Danny was into Alister Crowley and definitely understands the power of ritual, but don't let that scare you, he is an amazingly compassionate human being. I have seen him help our teacher in profound ways, and that kind of caring comes across in the message of their music. Their lyrics are very insightful into conceptual understanding of practical situations told through sometimes amusing context (Rosetta Stoned anyone?). I'm just hoping they'll decide to either play some more shows or record some more music soon. I know Danny is playing around LA with various projects and jam sessions, but I haven't heard anything else about the other guys. I think Maynard has been on a wine promotion tour for his label.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Actually Tool are going to be putting out or working on a new album this year! You heard it here first!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

where did you hear that sir?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly. People dont seem to realise what they are doing is just taking someone elses word for it, not to mention they distrust the government but someone 'retires' from top secret position and tells a story, then they believe it... only because it agrees with their belief. I think if anything they never left payroll and are told to say that stuff.

Faiip de Oiads creepy but an admitted hoax... though I found the original to be too sincere, so I cant make up my mind. It makes sense to a lot of things going on but thats a folly to believe it because it fits.

Maynard and Adam practice enochian magic and said they summoned a demon in to their studio and thats why no cameras are allowed there...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by newbornknight

103.9 the x my local new rock station!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join