It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help a lady with her: Puppy?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You mean she gets behind it and acts like she's pushing it? You HAVE to get a pic of THAT!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OMG!!!!!!! That is an AWESOME pic!! She looks like she is such a character! I'm so happy you got her!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Believe it or not, I DO think of her, and I come here and look at her pics and the videos often. No she can never be replaced....but I bet she is looking down smiling (yes dogs smile!).....because she knows you are happy and have another friend to watch over you! (((hugs)))

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm horrified.

I had to 'whoop her butt'.

I know I know I know we're NOT supposed to do that. On the other hand, when a 3 year old keeps trying to touch the stove do we spank their hands or let them get burned???

Wow, I feel like I failed her big time cause I did put a 'whoop butt' on her.

It's like this.

She found where a neighbor disposed of a dead animal. Poison? Who knows. It's a dead turkey and soooo gross.

First time she slinked off like a snake and brought back a piece? I told her NO! And made sure she knew I was thoroughly disgusted with her.

She turned right around and did it again.

(Let me add here I have NO authority and would probably get my own 'whoop butt' put on ME if I went on their property and disposed of the animal correctly.)

So, back to Luci.

She went right back and did it again.

Oh yeah, I said that.

So this time I really gave her hell-in-a-hand-basket, put her on her chain (like a NEVER thing) and wouldn't even LOOK at her for all of maybe 15 minutes.

After a bit I let her off the chain, and, where the HELL DID SHE GO BUT RIGHT BACK TO THAT CARCASS!

The line had been crossed. Big time.

She got her first SPANKING - and I meant every whack! BIG TIME.

Now I feeeeeel sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

*Note: I have to add something else.

She knew she was THOROUGHLY in disgrace - I gave her a LONG time-out on her chain.

I even ate diner without her (and about choked on ever bite of beans)...

When she came in - I acted like nothing happened.

I played with her and even went through our nightly routine of tricks so she could get a yummie and some of her 'confidence' back.

She's happy as a lark.

Me? I still feel like poo.

But really? What do we do? Really? Play patty-cake with her and let her take the chance of DYING or keep her on her chain indefinitely?

You find me *howling* at the moon...

edit on 21-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sounds to me like you did a pretty good job there,against the odds.
Don't beat yourself up for going critical on her,She needs to know what is and is not acceptable-all dogs get to a point when they test their owner when they grow up.
She won't have a grudge against you,and you have done her a favor to stop her eating such a horror-but like I said it was against the odds-for a rotted turkey is like the sweetest ice cream to a dog...
My poor Buddy got a proper slap on his butt in a similar situation-as a pup he found a nice dead seagull and rubbed his head and ears into the mess.I slapped him and screamed and wouldn't look at him for an hour or two,then he knew he was bad,and we made friends.

No harm done,
She won't go back in the morning hopefully,and won't need the chain.
All will be well in the morning,and Lucie will respect you for drawing the line.

If,she keeps going back to dig,maybe ask your neighbor if you can spray the area with the dreaded"antimate"type spray-I know chemical warfare if a last resort,but she would not go digging there again.
Girl dogs hate the smell of that stuff.

edit on 21/7/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: words

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You had to do something....I hate to say it, but I probably would have done the same because I can't think of any other way to stop THAT. One way you'll know if she got the message is if she does it yet again. Gracie, I saw that Mt. Etna is erupting ......is it as bad as it looks?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I think this is natural behavior (though disgusting).....I have seen this before too....not just with dead animals but ANY disgusting scent

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This might help...it explains the behavior www.sarahsdogs.com...
www.school-for-champions.com...
edit on 7/21/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/21/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I think this is natural behavior (though disgusting).....I have seen this before too....not just with dead animals but ANY disgusting scent

Yea,its minging what some creatures take delight in-I am sort of glad us humans have restricted scent glands compared to our pets,otherwise society would be very different and weird.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One more...hope it helps www.sheppardsoftware.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

...and VERY smelly!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Thanks so much.
I'm feeling better... Kind of...

But I am lost over this part...

If,she keeps going back to dig,maybe ask your neighbor if you can spray the area with the dreaded"antimate"type spray-I know chemical warfare if a last resort,but she would not go digging there again.
Girl dogs hate the smell of that stuff.

???

peace

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thanks for the links - I'm off to look now...

I need to know WHY she would defy so strongly over something so sooooo gross!

And yeah, I get it that it's like 'ice cream' to her, but DANG! THREE TIMES!

TESTARDA! (Means bullheaded)!

peace

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
EDIT TO ADD

One reason I feel so 'POO' like? We'd just taken this pic!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d766c0228c62.jpg[/atsimg]

WOOOO! *Still howling*

She even hid under the bed and cried!

WOOOOOO!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
On the other hand - paw - we took THIS pic too!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cb2fe63e812.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah, you can see it, I know you can!

She's REBELLING! LOOK AT THOSE EYES!

She's ready to go for my throat I can tell!

Ok, no, but, she definitely is getting that look that says 'I know my own mind'!

(I feel better now that I have photgraphic proof)!

(Naw, I still feel bad)...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

She loves you.
She won't stop that.

"Anti-mate" is a spray can you can buy in the UK from vets and pet shops-its a lemony smelling spray which you can spray onto a lady dogs rear if she is attracting too much male attention at certain times,if you catch my drift.(What a horrid concept for the poor dog I think)

It was something my poor jack russel got sprayed with when she was getting jumped by the dogs next door when I was a tiny kid-my parents knew no better,and were advised by the vet...cringe.
But the poor girl hated it,she looked so ashamed,and my family soon realised it was horrid for her,so they sprayed the fences instead,to keep the bad dogs away.
Since then,I have found it a good backup to discourage dogs from digging up bad stuff-you should only have to use it once,all dogs hate the stuff.

Spray the banned area-not the dog!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

'Anti-Mate'... Wow... I dunno why that seems just soooo wrong to me on so many levels, but, there ya go. And by no means am I implying I believe a dog should be allowed to procreate willy-nilly, no no no... Just the idea of spraying something on their bum, lol. You're so right though! It's much better than a bunch a wiggly offspring that are cute as all get out until the grow up.

I hope you are all well. Luci and I have been suffering heat and Etna for the past few days but I wanted to give you an update on her turkey venture.

I know, with everything else she's done it's hard to believe she's real, but...

The day after I gave her the spanking? She runs off and comes back only moments later with one stinky dead turkey feather. She starts to grovel before she even gets to me. She makes it to my feet and drops the feather and looks up at me with real "woe' in her eyes. Then she scuttled on her belly and did the little-girl-puppy-weedles- all the way to the house and got under the bed.

True story.

She KNEW she did wrong and she brought me the evidence, right to my feet, and TOLD ME she knew she'd done wrong.

So, got rid of the feather and didn't say another word about it.

But, we did have an extra long session with 'Bee' that evening. Her Frisbee, that of course she know the name of!

So now it's 'squeaky', 'shoe', 'tug-tug, 'biscuit', 'shhstick, and 'Bee'... And I think I'm forgetting one!

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oww,that's so cute about the feather-Its almost as though she wanted to share a bit of the turkey with you,but more likely what you said-that she was showing you "look I went to the naughty place,but I only took this of the ground-I didn't dig,honest!"
Lesson learned,no harm done.
Glad you are best of friends again-I knew it would only be 1 rough day.

Hope Etna is treating you well-I worry about you two when I see new activity on the mountain in the news.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yeah, we're best buddies again but I have to tell you she's entering her 'terrible two' age.

And with a vengeance!

When she brings her toys back now for another 'throw' she drops them a pace or two away and looks at me like she's saying - 'I fetched it, now you fetch it!'... She's even gone so far as to walk over the the stone wall and drop the toy she fetched over the edge - the message in her eyes is: 'Your turn to go get it'.

It's going to be a longggg few months, lol!

BUT! My camera is working now for video. I'll do what I can to try and film her.

Thanks again so much!!!
Luci & me

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

When she brings her toys back now for another 'throw' she drops them a pace or two away and looks at me like she's saying - 'I fetched it, now you fetch it!'... She's even gone so far as to walk over the the stone wall and drop the toy she fetched over the edge - the message in her eyes is: 'Your turn to go get it'.

I know that one-and for me its worse because Monty boy has taught Bud to bait me when we do "fetch"
He drops the ball just outta my reach,then when I go to grab it,he sneaks it away and drops it just outta reach again,etc etc.

They think its great fun-making me work to get the ball back...
Little tykes!

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join