It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the most scary Yoga Video I have ever seen.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hello everyone I am posting this because my wife does not yet have her 20 posts. I will hand it over now to her, regards, Iwinder.

I am YogaGinns, and have recently started teaching yoga myself and a friend told me to check this out. He said it would be disturbing to anyone who practices yoga. I think it would be disturbing to anyone who has young children interested in taking yoga. Even with adults there are issues with touching and making "adjustments" that can be misinterpreted. The sexual innuendos like the rooster (cock), milking the the cow for information, and the way he behaves around the boy in the karate outfit is a bit extreme to say the least, IMHO as a yoga instructor.

Not sure how old this video is, in the comments attached on you tube one responder said their mother gave them a copy to teach them yoga. LOL, makes you wonder what she was thinking! The creepy references to vegetables...are they referring to the children? YUM. I found the whole thing disgusting, please let me know what you think as this puts yoga in a very negative light.

Iwinder does not do yoga and he was almost gagging when he saw the video, seriously how could that have been allowed. If anyone knows when it was taped I truly would be interested.

LINK
www.youtube.com...

Namaste, YogaGinns (Canada)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I could only watch half of that (I almost vomited) but I wouldn't let that dude within 50 metres of my kids. Probably 100.

edit on 11/4/11 by GobbledokTChipeater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That show is ready for PBS (pediphile brodacsting system).
The concept of teaching kids yoga is great. However you should consult the sex offender database before finding a yogi to teach it to them.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I will not watch the video, but it sounds like another sick person abusing an art to get off.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just helping you out.. unless you thought this too creepy to be seen :p
When i first seen this by a buddy on facebook, i thought this was Steve Martin doing a funny SNL sketch

this is some strange #$%&... you've got to see the whole video! LOL

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
I could only watch half of that (I almost vomited) but I wouldn't let that dude within 50 metres of my kids.

I couldn't have put it better myself! I will be checking with other instructors to get their take as well. Children are so impressionable that you have to wonder if they think this is normal adult behavior.

Sorry to put you through that.
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I will probably get a warning for that but ..

WTF ?! I am serious WTF is that ?!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just watched it again and it just gives me chills.

I used to think that Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood was creepy, even as a little kid, but this guy makes him look normal.
Does anyone know where or when this was broadcast??

YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Apparently it was a late 90's TV show called E-i E-i Yoga.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

I like the PBS tag. I had thought about offering classes for kids and will now take a hard look at how everything I might teach would be interpreted.

I know here in Canada you need to take a minimum 200 hour certification course before qualifying and you need insurance...wonder where he got his teaching credentials!

YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

Well said, here in the west yoga can be treated like just another fad or money grab. But to take advantage of something that has been around for thousands of years and is based on clean living and pure thoughts is disgusting.

YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
Apparently it was a late 90's TV show called E-i E-i Yoga.

WOW, that's really scary to think it is that recent. Will need to check and see if there were any news stories around it. But it was probably on some obscure channel no one ever watched.

Thanks for finding that information.

YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

You're right, at first glance it could have been a young Steve Martin. Not even SNL would stoop to something that bad.

YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This guy needs to stop taking his crazy pills, or start taking his crazy pills, or maybe just pop a bunch of xanax and lay on his couch all day...ya, that's probably best.

BTW, why does it exclaim "EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE!" at the end?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am a yoga instructor who teaches both adults and children. The adjustments are not any that I wouldn't use on my adult students, but in today's world, one would definitely be cautious about ever adjusting children...even with adults you have to be careful and always, always ask permission first. I have viewed many childrens yoga videos...haven't seen one quite like this before. All the hugging seems odd and he definitely comes off with a weird vibe.

The Wiggles creep me out too.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
I will probably get a warning for that but ..

WTF ?! I am serious WTF is that ?!

That was my first thought too! If this done in the late 90's those kids are now in their late teens early 20s, I hope they don't see this and get traumatized all over. How embarrassing.

YogaGinns

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wow, seriously? The video is strange, but besides it being boring to watch I saw nothing alarming about it, and this is even considering it has clearly been edited to try to make it even worse than it most likely was.

I think a lot of you guys have really been taken in by the sensationalism and have become overly sensitized. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
lol!!!

"It reminds me to breathe..." ...too bad.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Honestly you could have ANY man in this video and people would be calling him a pedo.

The ones who are so easily to point out "predators" are typically just trying to take the attention off themselves and their own dirty thoughts.

I don't understand why anyone who doesn't see children in a sexual way would look at this video in a sexual way unless that's where your frame of mind is and where your own interest lay.

"oh he looks weird! oh he's an old man teaching kids yoga OMFG hez a pedo!" .... grow up.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ok, bearing in mind I watched this without sound, I really just thought the video was retro-kids t.v. I didn't think it was anymore creepy then other children's programming (i.e. Mr Rogers) though. It just looks like early-cable, low-budget, boring stuff... Is it any more creepy then Richard Simmons? (yes, I know that was not for kids) but it's all the same cinematic (or lack thereof)... In any case, I think kids these days would laugh that guy off stage.

ETA: a thought about the adjusting... that is definitely a touchy (no pun) area that instructors must be aware of and very careful. Were it me, I would not put myself in that situation willingly or at the least, be very careful about how I approached that necessity.

edit on 11-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join