It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Billion People to Watch Royal Wedding

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoshhI thought that it was all very nice and I shall spend the rest of the day getting absolutely twatted. Cheers!

Oh my. Apparently that word means something different in your brand of English!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I would rather watch lovely William get married than watch that so-called reality rubbish, as well as most of the other rubbish that is on tv.

And you can see a lot of interesting people who will be there.

I think it is a privilege to be able to watch a very important historical event.

What happens when your kids or grandkids, who have to do this as a school project, ask you if you watched it?

And you say "Nuh, too boring".

They will look at you with amazement and pity.

And they will know that what they always thought is true - you are really dumb.

This for me is spot on.

I'm a long time lurker but feel compelled to respond to some threads as a lot of what people say is utter tripe. So many know-it-all,pretend do-gooders around with their flippant "feed the poor" and "save the world" suggestions as if that's an easy, logistical thing to do.

Attributing the Monarchy to slave drivers is at best, hopeful and at worst, stupid and infantile. I'm not a monarchist by any means but I do believe the Royal Family are an important part of my heritage and my history and I wish Kate and William all the best. Though many would probably not acknowledge it, the Royal's do a lot of charitable work because they want to (and not because they have to) and for the first time in generations, we actually have a younger Prince who has a common touch.

I watched it and whilst I couldn't stand the idle wittering about God, I was a curious and pleased observer to see the day pass well and watch a little piece of history take place in my lifetime.

Then again, I'm sure I'll be told that I'm being mind controlled by an evil, empiric elite that bathes in blood by those who fail to be reasoned with or debate without any objectivity.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by aivlas

Dude, that is comparing like apples and oranges. The World Trade Center was an attack that affected and killed thousands of innocent people. The royal wedding are monarchs using tax payer's money for their own selfish means.

And the Monarchy contributes a £160m profit to the UK by simply existing. You do the math... I think they've paid for this wedding several times over.
edit on 29-4-2011 by longlunchbox because: spelling!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650

Originally posted by SoshhI thought that it was all very nice and I shall spend the rest of the day getting absolutely twatted. Cheers!

Oh my. Apparently that word means something different in your brand of English!

Maybe...Maybe not! I think that I successfully covered all definitions today...

...Anyway!! I still have plenty of “celebrating” left to do. Congrats to Will and Kate, this was my personal favourite part:

www.youtube.com...

Not much wrong with that.
edit on 29/4/11 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
Just another distraction from real world issues by the Rulers. Who really cares... Save the money and feed the starving.

Really? Did you save the money from your own wedding to feed the starving? Or will you if you are not yet married?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durchlaucht

Just another distraction from real world issues by the Rulers. Who really cares... Save the money and feed the starving.

Really? Did you save the money from your own wedding to feed the starving? Or will you if you are not yet married?

he/she will pay for their own wedding, or one of their relatives will. it will come from their pocket not the tax payers.
BIG difference.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

Originally posted by Durchlaucht

he/she will pay for their own wedding, or one of their relatives will. it will come from their pocket not the tax payers.
BIG difference.

Yes there is a big difference, however, perhaps people should know what they are talking about before spouting so called "facts". The FACT is that while the govt did foot some of the 48 million dollar bill, the vast majority of the money came from Her Majesty and the Prince of Wales themselves! The smaller portion that was paid by the govt is mandated by UK parlimentary law, as like it or not, England is a MONARCHY and I asure you that the money spent is far dwarfed by the amount of revenue that the royal family brings in by way of tourism. Yes, I know I sound like a royalist, and I am. We are all born to our own situations in life and we all play the cards we are delt. I will not apologize for that. If there is a question as to how I know the "facts" not only can it be found in many public records if one just looks, but I myself happen to be realted by blood to almost every royal family in Europe and carry the title of Prince in 2 countries. I speak from first hand account that we are not evil, we are not out to get anyone, we are not space alien lizards nor are we shape shifters like I have read on here so many times. We are regular people who are born to extraordinary circumstances. I myself have never trated anyone in my life like I am better than they are, however, I am very proud of my heritage and my family and have every right to be just as anyone else would be of theirs. Peace be to you!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

BIG difference.

Depends whether or not they are employed in the public sector (or, indeed, claiming any form of benefits) - if so, their income is paid by the tax payers

No difference.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hi, all this talk of the Royal Wedding, THE wedding of the year as it was billed at the time, and since....

But as dynasties go, why was the marriage of a union between the Goldsmith's and the Rothschild's so overlooked??

It was, after all, reported with PHOTO's and everything, in OK Magazine, no less!!!!

And the link to Kate is she is allegedly a Goldsmith, or her family are in some connection.

My research went along those lines, so forgive any error in who's related to who, even though we all know they're all related anyway, but looks like next centuries Monarchy is now secure. With Kate and Wills planning a family, if one hasn't already been planned for them, but the Goldsmith-Rothschild link would inevitably intertwine with maybe Kate and Will's future grandchildren.

Watch this space! I'm sure of it!

And why? All the best dynasties are side-by-side as it is, so why should'n't they....

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join