It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Billion People to Watch Royal Wedding

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Not by choice.
Channel 2,7,9,10,SBS are all showing the wedding.

What drivel, how boring... why are we being forced to watch this like some 19th century peasant?

In saying that..

a world audience
a western royal event
many man people (mainly western)
too many people for security to handle an incidents

It really is a madmans ideal scenario to do something scary.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
....... People would still visit your country because of it's history and respect it's architecture the same way, except without a monarchy, you wouldn't be a subject, but a citizen.

And what difference will that have on my life?

I can answer that myself easily - none whatsoever!

I won't have more personal freedoms or liberty.
I won't gain more wealh.
I won't gain more control over my life.

My day to day life would continue unaffected and the TPTB would remain just that, only they would have a 'Republic' to hide behind instead of a Constitutional Monarchy.

Whilst I accept that the Monarchy is an outdated anachronism, so is our unrepresentative and unaccountable electoral and parliamentary procedures and I personally would rather see radical reform of those.

The British Royal Family has absolutely zero impact or influence on the lives of the vast majority of British people and it seems to me that American's etc have a deeper fascination and obsession with them than what we do ourselves.

As for me, I intend to spend the day in the pub having quite a few pints and a good craic on with my mates. (Hopefully avoiding TV as much as possible except for hopefully watching my horses win!)

Like all newly weds I wish them well for the future and any debate on the value and worthiness of The Monarchy can wait for another more suitable day.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
And I won't be one of them.

Should be more like 2 billion people will be forced to watch the wedding because every channel with a signal will be broadcasting it. There won't be anything else to watch!
edit on 28-4-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

what a crock, their heads are so inflated it is discusting. To think that, omg, really, what a joke and they will lie the facts about how many peopel actually did, whatever, to think that we really care. ooooohhhhh, you peoples elites are soooooo facist omg, do you really think that you are soooooo important. ok , whatever. so tell me what have you done that is soooooooooooooooo important as to care about anyone on planet earth? have you ever really put forth any any means to help anyone else besides your own?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well its going to be reproduced in the news and what not for weeks to come, so at some point it is probable that 2 billion people will catch a glimpse of the wedding, wether they want or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Because in five thousand years of intelligence, we have not changed a bit.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'll be watching it because I want to see the tax payer's money has been well spent......though I think they should had spent more to keep the die hard well wishers further afield from the barriers; they're an awful sight some of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Ha Ha, not up to your standard eh, those well-wishers?

Bloomberg this morning, because I couldn't stand the thought of our normal tv gushers, actually put the cost to the British Tax payers close to £6 billion. They also reckoned that the 6 billion viewers the Royals think will wish to idolize them, will only be reached after an awful lot of re-shows. I suspect this young pretty girl may well find herself turned into a royal workhorse like Princes Diana was. Perhaps Prince William will try to keep that in check for his wife though.

We will be watching a couple, who are already living together trot, down the isle at a somewhat challenging political time, made even more so as the British Govt has been caught out with dirty hands in Libya.

In actual fact one could actually think the shoddiness of the well wishers is actually more respectable than the posh frocks that take money from the crumbling infrastructure of this country. Some of those 'guests' will be the bankers who engineered the world's financial difficulties and should be in goal.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
at people being forced to watch the wedding because nothing else is on tv,

GO OUTSIDE, READ A BOOK, SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY OR FRIENDS

What's wrong with getting married after you already live together?
edit on 29-4-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I just had an idea.What if during the wedding, a giant UFO appear over London and 2 billion people see it.
The perfect day for disclosure.

Yeah i know high hopes,but if something like this was to happen would be during an event that everyone was watching.My British friends,keep an eye on the sky for us,you never know

Bread and circuses my friends,it worked in ancient Rome,it works in 2011 and i bet that it will work in 100 years from now.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I am not fan of the Royal Family

BUT

Call me a soft Brit if you want, I think it’s kinda nice

Look at what we have been subjected on a Global scale in recent years and how it has been reported in the media. This is not just about a wedding its about love, patriotism and a since of community all of which are distantly lacking in our modern day life’s. What’s wrong with a bit of good news for a change.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yea, I kind of agree that its a bit extreme that most channels I tend to watch will be airing the wedding live and such, I mean, even Youtube is doing it. Most social network sights have a thing on it as well, so its very hard to not hear about it.

Sure, the wedding is for a day, but as stated a few times already, it will be a hot topic for the days after for the media to cover.

Anyways, I'll just probably see a small glimpse of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Known

How ingrained has tv and internet become if people are thinking like this. Why not turn off the tv, radio and internet for a few days? If you really don't want to hear or see something it's pretty easy to block it out.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
ooh im just waiting for the balcony kiss

And that dress was very Princess Grace. just so elegant.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well I watched it and thought it was lovely.

I'm not a royalist at all.... in fact they kinda piss me off but I kinda like Wills and Harry.... they seem OK.
And I thought the ceremony was nice, Kate looked beautiful... and it was just nice for 2 young people in love to be getting married.

Good on them I say.

The service was traditional, visually stunning and very lovely.

Congrats.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Can't fault you mate....I'm going to the pub soon to have a few pints with some mates and will probably raise a glass or two to the newly weds.

Who cares about the rights and wrongs of things today.....and therein probably lies the only real value and power of OUR Royal Family!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm an American, but this royal wedding thing just annoys me. They had a piece on the news this morning about "America's love affair with the royal wedding. Why Americans love the royal wedding so much." It could not be further from the truth. Most people i've talked to don't care, and a few have even asked "What's a royal wedding?"

Right now we're watching it in school and kids keep asking "Why should i care about this?" I totally agree.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wasn’t the quire absolutely smashing.
To be able to listen to them sing in the cathedral would be the most wonderful thing.
What bugged me is, I bet ½ the people in there were board. Awesome time for contemplation.

Oh and I wonder if anyone in there actually looked at that beautiful central floor, I cringed when I saw them walk on it with shoes on.

edit on 29/4/11 by Whateva69 because: added vid

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Come on we had to put up with the world trade center for weeks and weeks.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well exactly... just an excuse for a good piss up this weekend man.

Cheers

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join