learn more

2 Billion People to Watch Royal Wedding

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Right now we're watching it in school and kids keep asking "Why should i care about this?" I totally agree.

And our kids ask why we should care about those American elections we have to watch every four years.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Dude, that is comparing like apples and oranges. The World Trade Center was an attack that affected and killed thousands of innocent people. The royal wedding are monarchs using tax payer's money for their own selfish means.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
And I won't be one of them.

Should be more like 2 billion people will be forced to watch the wedding because every channel with a signal will be broadcasting it. There won't be anything else to watch!

Far more channels are showing other things. No-one is forced to watch it.

I thought that it was all very nice and I shall spend the rest of the day getting absolutely twatted. Cheers!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

One is about death that happens everyday
One is a wedding that happens everyday

Neither are important to your life, unless you lost someone.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Fine, but what i'm trying to say is that the wedding doesn't matter. It's the typical distraction that is hyped by the MSM to detract from the real issues.
edit on 29-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Right, same as the wtc. was turned in to an amazing propaganda piece.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

True, you have a point there with the WTC. I'm just trying to not be inconsiderate to those who died.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
As an Australian I don't really care about the wedding, I haven't watched it, and I think we should be a republic anyways. Congratulations to William and Kate, I wish them all the best, but I simply don't think it's as much of a big deal as the media make out
edit on 29/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Unfortunately for you the latest poll shows that only about 40% of Australians want a republic. I think your going to have to wait at least another 15-20 years.

What are you going to do when a republic turns out to be even more un-democratic than the monarchy, and costs twice as much? lol

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well, Hip Hip Hooray for Will & Kate then!

Congratulations!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
Well, Hip Hip Hooray for Will & Kate then!

Congratulations!

Very nice, I watched it, yes it was a historical event, I enjoyed every second of it, couldn't wait to see her dress, thought prince Harry was hot, hee hee

Loved the carriages, all the pomp and circumstance, takes you back to a different place in time,

so sue me,

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Unfortunately for you the latest poll shows that only about 40% of Australians want a republic. I think your going to have to wait at least another 15-20 years.

Yeah you're right about the poll, I hope not to wait that long, but you could be right

Originally posted by ChrisF231
What are you going to do when a republic turns out to be even more un-democratic than the monarchy, and costs twice as much? lol

What could I do about it at that point? I'm just going to hope for the best now that our future leaders don't screw us over, lol

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hehe!
I never planned to watch any of the wedding, but some minutes before it started I finally caved in to my curiosity and then watched the whole damn wedding on CNN here in my home office!

Don't care much about the English Royals in general, but it was a beautiful event to watch and a perhaps a well needed pause from the rest of the misery that we see daily on TV?

And Kate is quite easy on the eyes - I guess that will be my excuse for watching this circus lol!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The State coach’s were fantastic; Prince Charles was in my favourite one
wiki link : Australian State Coach

The Australian State Coach is an enclosed, six horse-drawn carriage used by the British Royal Family. The coach was presented to Queen Elizabeth II of Australia and the United Kingdom as the official gift on the occasion of the Australian Bicentennial on 8 May 1988.[1] The coach was a gift from the Australian people and was designed and made by renowned coach builder W.J. Frecklington who subsequently built the State Coach Britannia for Queen Elizabeth II as a private initiative. The Australian State Coach is sometimes used at the British State Opening of Parliament and other state occasions involving the British or foreign royal families. As one of the most modern of the royal carriages, the coach is fitted with electric windows, heating and hydraulic stabilisers, hence it is used regularly for occasions such as the visit of Queen Margrethe of Denmark in 2000. The Australian State Coach is usually kept at the Royal Mews, where it can be viewed by the public.[2]

The Australian State Coach was used to convey HRH The Prince of Wales, HRH The Duchess of Cornwall and Mr & Mrs Middleton from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace following the wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge on 29 April 2011.

There is a lovely photo of the coach and some other information on the builder and other coaches he has worked on, what a talented man. I love the lamps of peace on the Australian coach, not to mention our coat of arms, It made me proud to see it was being used today.

There is a sound file on this site, I advice to turn down your sound before viewing.
Official builders site : The Australian State Coach

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
50% of our population is female. Is it any wonder that this is such a popular event? A commoner marrying a prince...it is like 99.999% of every females biggest dream come true. To meet the worlds most well known prince and to be married in front of 2 billion people and to be the center of attention. Most females LOVE attention the more attention they get the better. How can you argue with having 2 billion people giving you attention, watching you get married and having your every want and need catered to by servants.

The only thing that I could compare it to would be the superbowl, the world series, the world cup UFC and war all mixed into one event for males. That is what the royal wedding is to the majority of females.

I saw females crying watching this. CRYING! I was just flabbergasted. What would make a woman cry while watching the royal wedding? I do not understand it. I guess I never will.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

"Why should i care about this?"

Some of us just like to be a witness to history in the making, as it happens, I suppose. The wedding of the future monarchs to our chief allied nation qualifies.

Sometimes, it's good to just focus on a POSITIVE event for a change, in global news, vs. all of the negatives....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Some of us see it as a negative that a billion people can come together for useless elitist drivel but can't seem to show a shared interest in getting the world in shape and out of these people's hands. A lot of us would find an event that helps people get out of this mess as a happy change.

We would rather celebrate and cry over marriages within the same families that have helped our world become the state it is in now.
edit on 29-4-2011 by eleventhsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

Oh darn..you're right... *goes off to get some turtlenecks, switch to a vegan diet, and looks for a hybrid car to purchase*

My bad.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
The royal wedding are monarchs using tax payer's money for their own selfish means.

Except they're not.

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Hehe!
I never planned to watch any of the wedding, but some minutes before it started I finally caved in to my curiosity and then watched the whole damn wedding on CNN here in my home office!

Don't care much about the English Royals in general, but it was a beautiful event to watch and a perhaps a well needed pause from the rest of the misery that we see daily on TV?

That's what it is about

Plus, for us, the history, heritage and prestige and the fact that Britain is the envy of the world - because no-one else even has the opportunity to put on such an event.

Hundreds of millions of people in a sad and bitter world enjoyed themselves, and for one brief moment felt good. Is that so bad?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The wedding is facinating because it is a Disney Soap Opera. It is a piece of World History.
The monarchy may not last forever, the people of England can decide that for themselves what they will and won't put up with. Tradition and stability are nice parts of society. Marriage creates commitment and stability for families. Not many happy events take place in life, it is facinating to watch the Brittish culture. America's ancesters came from England orginally, however societies on each side of the Atlantic ocean have diverged into
different attitudes and ideas about government and social class structure. Watching the women wearing the hats was pure entertainment. It was all great fun and entertainment, today was a positive day. Congradulations to the young couple!
edit on 29-4-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join